Con-way

Con-way Employer Reviews

nice environment. No hours.
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Gary, INOctober 22, 2014
Nice work pace, a lot of team work involved. Management is mediocre. Hardest part of the job is the weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning of freight.
Professional Appearance but non existent integrity or honesty within Mgnt
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Fremont, INOctober 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: young mgrs, mgrs have never driven or been on the road, mgr were ever taught the importance of honesty.
Work consisted of normal Freight Handling, loading unloading and transfer of freight. Equipment was in good working order, and safety was a constant reminder. Co-Workers and FOS's were great people and easy to work with . Most everyone has the team attitude. Mgmt literally could not speak the truth. Constantly caught manager level supervisors giving – more... lip service and then it was generally bad information in which they would not stand behind. Great pay, good benefits, tons of hours you definitely earn your money. – less
very productive and a cool place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Gary, INOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the over time
Cons: winter storms but i can handle it.
The management team and Co-workers really where nice and some real team players.
looking for a 3rd shift position
Truck driver (Former Employee), Conover, NCOctober 13, 2014
I am hard working and I come do my job and if asked to do more I will do. I like working with people who have the same ambition I have. The hardest part of my job is leaving early because we are slow. the most enjoyable part of the job I get to do what I like to do.
Productive and Welcoming Cozy Workplace
Biller Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Carson, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: pleasant staff
Cons: heavy data entry quota, scheduling needing improvement
A typical day at work involved arriving late afternoon to begin answering customer phone inquiries for an hour or two while trying to achieve incoming driver bill processing into freight bills for the outbound deliveries, bill quota, assist callers with ETA regarding nightly deliveries, then finishing the last three hours getting all the bills finished – more... and counted before leaving. Management for what it is does ok being all male and surviving within the confines of the small office (in comparison to other Con-way local branch offices) against all female billers/CS reps. That noted, like all of us - it has room for improvement and mainly with scheduling as the beginning of the year months work there was so slow there wasn't enough work to even keep me scheduled but possibly there isn't a fix for that (I don't know). The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is a pretty cohesive group though at Con-way which aside from occasional heavy/stressful bill load makes it a pleasant company to work for. The hardest part of the job and one thing that should be cautioned though is the Heavy Data Entry part of the job description. Unfortunately during my time with the company it meant HEAVY to the point of 80% of the billers all requiring being professionally medically treated for wrist/arm pain due to the physical strain of that requirement. I don't know what the current situation is, but hopefully that rate has been since attended to accordingly and with proper care so they girls are doing better. If not hopefully the right people read this and take action to do so. : ) Not sure if the Job Culture got its stars above but I give it 4/5 for a total of 25/30 stars overall. – less
Not A Good Place To Work !
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOOctober 9, 2014
Conway isn't the best place to work, when I worked there I got less than 1000 miles a week. Very poor mileage, and there is nothing professional about that !
Very friendly open company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Fargo, NDOctober 8, 2014
Pros: easy going work
Everyone was so friendly and helpful no negativity at all. work at your own pace.
Business to Business collections with assigned accounts and with a lot of good people to work with and know.
Collection/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: they were close to my home, the people were great and freindly.
Cons: there is always a squeaky wheel in any company that feels they are better than everyone else.
To work assigned accounts, deal with shipping issues and making sure that each bill that is sent out is correct.
I learned how to analyze the bill vs. the contract to make sure that the bill is correct.
As far as management goes they were no better or no worse than other companies.
The co-workers were great and I still count many as friends today.
The – more... hardest part was having to not only following company rules regarding the mailing of bills but there were also some big companies that set their own rule that we were required to follow.
When working with companies regarding the collection of past due bills they were friendly and easy to deal with. – less
fun and fast pace
Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2014
laid back work environment, work is pretty consistent and very easy to catch on to
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Romulus, MIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: lunch and 2 breaks, health benefits
Cons: long hours
Fast Paced work enviornment. good management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to complete the jobs in the time that was needed for the truck drivers to be efficient at their job.
Conway
Sr. Mechanic (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, pto, sick days, tool allowance, payed training
Cons: shift hours are not the best.
-8 Hour Shift with half hour lunch
-Learned as much as they supply me, with tractor, trailer, dolly & forklift Repairs/Maintenance.
-Sr Mechanic & power Tech
-Management is good, They will work with you on anything that is in your need and teach you everything you possibly need to know.
-Co-workers are good, Some like to cause drama, but If you stay – more... working and ignore the issues, its no problems
-Hardest part is my shift- Looking for Day shift, I work swings or Graves, hard for a family.
-Love my job due to safety, and have a good company to grow with, with all the learning they provide. – less
excellent work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: i learned alot
Cons: n/a
answer phone,faxing, filing,microsoft suite, emailing,and data entry
Good Place to work and great people to work with
Trailer/Tire Technician (Former Employee), Joplin, MOSeptember 25, 2014
Co-workers were great people to work with and that was probably the best thing about working there. It was a great job and had no problems as long as u stayed focused and did your job and kept up with the work load.
Long work day, long work week
Driver/dock (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough family time
8 to 9 hours a day drive time and 3 to 4 hours dock time. Learned how to transport different material and load and unload trailers. All the workers worked as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, and how well we all worked together.
great co workers
Dsr city driver, dock mule (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: we ate good
Cons: no brakes, treated like dirt at the fac
Watch your back and keep you mouth shut, lots of gossip, co workers made this job nice....
Driver. Slave.
Drive (Current Employee), Xjo Joliet ilSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: i don't have all day awful treatment of employees
I worked or con. Way. For 2.5 years I have never worked for a company that doesn't trust any employee you have no voice or rights. Rules lol they only apply to those they wanna fire mgt is terrible treat you like garbage play with your income. Play games with runs the people are the only reason I stayed no ins for a year oh yea sure it useless the first – more... 15 months as before it pays you have to spend. 6k yep they are proud of that too turnover is high terrible hours tons of useless video training myth put on a front for safty as long as it doesn't inter fear with money then you look the other way horrible company worst experience of my life – less
Very good learning experience and you learn good skills to carry on for the future.
forklift driver (Former Employee), Aurora, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, over time
Cons: n/a
Working for conway was an amazing experience. The chance to become a truck driver is something most jobs dont offer but conway trust in their own employees enough to train the fork drivers to become CDL truck drivers. Great hours, benefits and pay! Very respectful company.
good job great people to work with.
driver sales rep (line haul) (Current Employee), wiscinsinSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons: hours
Not every job is perfect but this is close. Pay is great great group of people to work with. You work long hard hours but they pay you well for it.
Your experience all rides on the service center manager
Driver Sales Rep/ Delivery (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: job security, support, attitudes of management
I've now worked for Conway freight just under 2 years. They do pay well and honestly the hours and job are not terrible. I came into this job wide eyed and hoping for a career. However you get disenfranchised quickly. Advancing and moving up is not much of an option. You make more as a driver than Admin. With all that being said I have never done a – more... good job or ever done anything right. No matter how much you give or how much extra you put in they ask for more and DO NOT CARE. I've been a dedicated employee and have been asked to do extra services for them. Showing that there is trust and confidence in how I preform my duties. However as soon as there is a problem there is no history the trust that you have accrued and invested dissipates and they look at you like a vagrant that just walked in off the street. I'm completely sick of going to a job that at any moment of any day you could get fired. Safety is only a convenient belief to Conway. If it gets in the way of production - safety takes the Backseat. The attitude and culture is truly based off the service center manager and here in So CAL. There are not many good ones. And all the supporting staff above and around are all buddies. Your safety guy and local HR representative all buddies. So not much goes up the ladder. Think long and hard before you decide to hang your hat here. I've seen people get suspended for little things. They put 100 percent of the problem or issue on the drivers. Even if the driver didn't get the support they needed from Dispatch. It Dose not matter at that point they will wield safety like an ax and do all they can to take the focus off of them. However if you claim something was not safe they will ask ask ask and re-ask why you did what you did. Just think about it fright is already a tough industry with slow and busy seasons. Then to add on top the pride and egos of those above you it make it a very frustrating place to work. You know how long someone has worked at Conway based off the opinion they have. Most people it take less then a year for them to dispise this cooperation. However if you want to be a cog like me... Go ahead and apply they always need new employees! – less
Productive company, great co-workers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TxSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: awesome work place.
Cons: cutting down on workers/ still a temp worker.
My typical day when i get in is set appointments for customers we are delivering freight to. Then I get the bills from what the drivers deliver and i scan them in to a computer. If there is a problem with the bill, I will, I will bill it manually. I love my co-workers they are great, feels like a second family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Con-way

Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading – Read more