Con-way Employee Reviews

pretty much modern day slavery
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
this company lives and breathes off of micro management. every single small occurance & your threatned with unfair write ups and suspensions.
Laid back atmosphere great team
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2017
The company structure was team based, management actively tries to make sure all employees are well taken care for and able to perform the job at the best of ones ability.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
Accuracy is critical with little room for errors
nice place
Cert..Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2017
pulled freight off trucks with forklift and wrapped put it in order the day was very busy and trucks ran in per amount of product .And there where a lot of business but it was a temp job so when freight was low we where sent home
Pros
nice hours and benefits
Cons
short term
Good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILJanuary 15, 2017
Loved running on the forklift all day and night just didn't like how it wasn't full time was part time forever and wish it payed a little bit better .
People are nice
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 13, 2017
The people you work with for the most part are great, but the inability for the company to give you the proper tools to do your job is beyond annoying.
steady work
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, KSJanuary 12, 2017
it is a steady job but not great pay and benefits are sub par. its very long days but there some good things about Conway. you can learn how to drive a truck through them. they will help get a cdl
Pros
weekends off and holidays paid
Cons
very cold on their dock in winter, you are required to work the dock
Con-way had a 110% turnover rate.
Senior Supplier Relationship Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2017
I would not recommend Con-way. I am not surprised they were bought out by XPO Logistics. Con-way embraced employees of hateful natures. Disrespect and sub-par skills were the standard. Most days were spent trying to circumvent sabotage of peers and manager. Spent many nights and weekends completing positive work without indignant interruptions.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Abusive and incompetent management
Personnel were professional with a good attitude.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 11, 2017
This was a nice company to learn city driving. Good attitudes from staff and drivers. Office worked well with the drivers. The customers appreciated our service.
Pros
Nice Company
Cons
Took a long time to get a bid run
a lot of changes
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
new company going down hill. After the buy out by XPO the old conway is gone and never coming back.Never know what the goals will be week from week or if you will have a job the next day.
benefits
great part time job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 30, 2016
typical day was going in early AM get on a hilo, do inspection of hilo.
Then i was in charge of getting freight over from staged trailers to the trailers that were supposed to go.Management was not great but not terrible, some of the guys in management were decent people.Coworkers made the day fun, always laughing. hardest part was had loading or unloading trailers.I really enjoyed the guys i worked with .
Pros
people i worked with, never a dull moment!!!
Cons
pay, hours, no benefits

Want to know more about Con-way?

Ask a question
Fun hard work lots of miles
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 29, 2016
Love this company great people great miles great trucks fast fixes and tires all mostly new life was good at this company i recamend anyone to go to this company if they want a great life
Driver (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 22, 2016
Con-way was a great place to work! I loved having my own truck, and I loved going to the Laredo (TX) facility. With Con-way, I drove to nearly all 48 states, in a 10 month period. I highly recommend Con-way as a place of employment.
Its a job..
Professional Truck Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 21, 2016
Excellent pay once you are out of the training periods required for all new hire employees. Poor management however they tend to leave you alone if you do your job properly. No home life, they rarely can get you home on the days you request.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
poor management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 13, 2016
I did many different roles including customer service, dispatching drivers and figuring out where lost freight belonged. I learned more keyboarding skills as well as billing for the company. My coworkers were amazing and always willing to go the extra mile for the team and the customer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours got switched without notice
Ok
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 11, 2016
WORKING AT CONWAY was different early start early release i like it but no benefits sometime didn't work , but always was on time got my certification from the job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Birdsboro pa 19508December 4, 2016
I loved it cause i only loaded and unloaded the trucks then clean up like sweep the whole warehouse and take the trash out and ckean the offices and parking lot
Pros
We took half hour lunch
Cons
I dint take the insurance
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 3, 2016
Conway is a good company but management in the shop needs to be retrained. Lack of people skills are a major problem. I enjoy working with my felow co workers but there needs to be major changes in operation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Good company to work for
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
Conway was a very good company to work for the people that i worked with were great to be around and the atmosphere was good. they grew lots of company parties and i loved it.
Great company
Forklift Operator/CDL CLASS A LICENSE (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MANovember 17, 2016
conway its a greatcompany to work with. i had the chance to get my cdl license and learned how to drive. All the people there are nice and if you need help they will.
Good pay and a fun enjoyable atmosphere
Freight Classification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2016
The job that I had was enjoyable due to the fact that everyday was different that your typical job in a corporate environment. With classifying freight on a daily basis, it was a good experience knowing that you were making a positive impact on the bottom dollar due to the fact that we were making the company money by simply just reclassifying freight making the company over $150 million a year.
Pros
Methodical, High-Level, Intuitive, Resourceful
Cons
Stagnant, Anti-Social, Uncooperative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.