Con-way

Con-way United States Employee Reviews

Company Driver (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMay 3, 2015
Pros: Job security, great incentives, salary
Cons: not home enough
Conway is a great place to work. A typical day at Conway is simple. You wake up after your break, receive your load information, plan your route and your day. Conway put a lot of trust in their drivers and trust that you will deliver your load on time. Conway drivers are like a family of sisters and brothers, mothers and fathers. They are always willing to help each other and if they don't know the answer to a question, trust and believe they will help you find the answer. The hardest part of my job to me would waiting at a shipper or receiver to be loaded or unloaded if they are running behind schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the opportunity to meet different people from different parts of the world.
Not worth it in the long run
Maintenance CSR (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 3, 2015
Horrible boss, He did not fully understand the workload on a daily basis and when asked to lighten it, it just created more work, Very stressful, never enough time to get your daily assignments in your shift done. The only good thing about this company was the excellent pay & benefits. Over the course of time that even was good enough for the amount of stress & health problems it caused.
Good job oppertunity
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Sapulpa, OKMay 1, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Management was great and coworkers where very good to work with. Great opportunity to move up in a greater position and higher pay.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK !!!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Humboldt, TNApril 29, 2015
Pros: DRIVERS YOU WORK WITH
Cons: WAS LAID OFF
THE WORK CHANGES DAY TO DAY. DRIVERS AND SCM ARE GREAT! ABLE TO CONNECT WITH CUSTOMERS. ABLE TO MULTITASK. GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
I was a temp.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Alot of hours.
Cons: They didnt hire me.
I load and unload according to our safe stack system.Not damaging any freight was the company's pride behind safety of course.
First Class Trucking Company Serving Customer Needs
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Industry Training
Cons: Little room for advancement
While employed with Con-Way, I learned a great deal about the trucking industry. They invest in training and want to make you successful.

There was little room for advancement in Sales.
Improvement is need quick
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 23, 2015
locations are not properly staffed and with no cross training on different aspects of the operation makes it really difficult to maintain efficiency when a supervisor takes a day off from work.
Opportunistic Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Starting pay
Cons: Faulty equipment
Looking back i should have kept my job at Con-Way Freight, the benefits are their. Other employees were helpful while i learned the job, they were ready and willing to lend a helping hand whenever i needed it. The hardest part of the job was finding a solid forklift other than that it was straight to the point.
Con-way Freight
Dock Worker (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 19, 2015
Pros: Excelent people
Best company I've worked for by far so far great people fast paced great pay also great safety record and equipment. Also they will do anything to help you out!!!
wasted my time. company not upfront about job
driver (Former Employee), joplinApril 16, 2015
Pros: sounds great at first
Cons: mileage low and mostly short multistop deliveries
Signed on as a OTR driver and quickly found out i was just gonna be doing short haul deliveries to retail stores. When getting paid by the mile this just isn't worth the time. I was doing deliveries that should have been handled by the less than truckload department.
Very nice place to work
Billing/Invoicing (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Could pick lunch times and leave early.
Cons: All good.
Very nice place to work.
The work hours are from 8am to 5pm. I learned new skills in excel. the co-workers were all very nice people.
There was nothing hard about this job.
The nice new big building was the most enjoyable part about it.
It only part time
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Salem, ILApril 10, 2015
You only work 30 hours a week for dock hands, if you work the dock and drive truck you will work 40+ hrs give or take. There is not a lot to say you drive a forklift, load & unload trucks and or you do both.
ideal ltl company
SHOP MANAGER (Former Employee), Gary, INApril 8, 2015
Ideal company to work for. ideal company to work for...........................................................................................................................................................................................
GOOD COMPANY TO DRIVE FOR.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOApril 1, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: MANDATORY BREAKS
DRIVING ALL HOURS REQUIRED
DELIVERING ON TIME AND DELIVERING THE PRODUCTS
NEEDED.
Good Job
DockWorker (Former Employee), North Augusta, SCMarch 30, 2015
was a Part time worker good schedule worked well around a school schedule if needed didn't have a raise for entry level position.
Great Company for truck drivers,usually overtime
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Milan, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation week, bonuses
Cons: odd hours for most dock workers
A Part-time dock workers day usually starts at 3pm-9/10pm.I learned alot about how the trucking industy operates and there regulations. The managment verys greatly.Some co-workers are great,others hate there life and are not the socialble type,it really just depends. The hardest part is in the winter because it is so cold on the docks,its a wind tunnel and not enclosed for heat. The most enjoyable part of my job was the end of the day checklists. Overall they have great pay,401 k,and decent health insurance.
Great company
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2015
good people, good place to work. they care about you and your family. compensation is fair. Cant say enough good about this place.
Excellent company
Safety Expert Management (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2015
Excellent company to work with in transportation. Involving working with loading and unloading trucks according to safety regulations.
Proper procedures in handling HAZMAT shipments for loading and assuring proper placards are used on truck.
Good company to work for
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Western RegionMarch 19, 2015
Long hours, good pay. Work hard and you will enjoy the benefits of it. Con-way is not for the weak hearted or weak minded, it is best if you go in and expect to work hard.
overall work day
Freight Classification Specialist (Current Employee), san antonio texasMarch 17, 2015
Pros: keeping money within the company
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me would be going into the office checking emails then going out to the dock to start inspecting freight that was being loaded for about 30 minutes. I would then come back inside respond to emails and start on my planning process of what I will inspect for the night. I learned something new every night from a classification rule or new commodity. The management was ok but could always use work and my co-workers are awesome. The most enjoyable part of my job is saving the company thousands at the end of my shift.

1 2 3 4 5

About Con-way

Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading – Read more

Con-way Salaries

Owner/Operator