Con-way

Con-way Employee Reviews

It's not for everyone
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJune 1, 2015
Pros: Drivers
Cons: Waiting, waiting, waiting
I was not happy here because I spent more time waiting at customers than driving. Some of the places they send you are not made for trucks. Once you are assigned a load, it is yours until you deliver it. I had to sit over the weekend I quit to deliver.

But must say the drivers of the company are very good and dedicated.
Worked each day loading/unloading trailers per company policy...
Certified Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay, Quality Uniforms, American Based Company
Cons: FOS & FOM are distant in Charlotte, NC (NCH) location
- What I learned was how to safely and efficiently load freight for a premier LTL Carrier,
- The hardest part of my job: 1.) dragging the heavy dunnage used to brace and secure the freight,
2.) Adjusting too working in adverse weather conditions
- The most enjoyable part of my job: getting paid on a weekly basis
and the interaction and comraderie of my co-workers.
Dispatched Trucks on Route (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Management
Dispatching trucks on routes, Send claims back,Faxing,scanning, filing,claims attendent,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The Company does a great job putting thier employees first
Driver OTR (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good people, Great equipment, Better than expected miles and Pay
Cons: Not for everyone. must be a traveler to succeed.
Positive attitudes easy drop hook loads nice equipment and responsive dispatch.if you are business minded and love to drive this company is very good about taking care of their drivers.
Very good pay
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Poor work home balance
This job requires you to perform all functions of running a store. Aspects from scrubbing floors to creating monthly and yearly budgets.
Independent, active, in control, and appreciated.
Driver Sales Rep (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2015
Pros: Being out in the public, having control over my day, and being good at what I do.
Cons: Compensation, healthcare, and feeling unimportant.
Was a great place to work with advancement positions available. Compensation was higher than any previous position held by myself. I was able to work at my own pace make decisions that affected production for myself and my co-workers. That has changed drastically in the last three years. I used to think work was fun and so did my co-workers. Management has become micro-management, stress levels have risen drastically for myself and my co-workers. I've learned to keep my opinions close. Compensation has lagged drastically especially health care costs eating away any gains. It is still great to go in and see my co-workers who I consider my friends. Also the customers that I have developed a relationship with over time. I would like to get back to feeling that what I contributed was important and appreciated. my co-workers and I feel that is extremely important and is lacking at this time.
No fun activities, just work.
Truck Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2015
Pros: No free lunches
Cons: yes short breaks, healthcare was good.
I would start off with taking the next unloading Ticket. There was 50 inbound trailers and on the other side there was 50 outbound trailers. I unloaded my trailer to the correct outgoing trailer. I averaged about 5 trailers from 4am to 10 am, then I was assigned to a certain route. I would check the trailer for all the correct orders and check to make sure it was loaded properly and safely. I would do a tractor vehicle inspection for safety. then I would hook my trailer up and drive to all my assigned city deliveries. I used a 53 footer or I had a set of two 28 footers. I learned it is always good to double check your work, there is no reason for errors. Also follow safety guidelines is the number one rule. Management was always very helpful to employees. I was very well like by my co-workers, they appreciate hard workers and sometimes it took an extra hand to help with a difficult item of freight. I would have to say there was no hard part, I enjoyed everything about my job.
good
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORMay 11, 2015
Good company to to work for, can be difficult to find a work life balance with the hours of work and the time of work. Pay is good and management is like any large corporation or business.
Lack of compassion, when family member was in hospital
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMay 8, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Super Single Wheels
It was a rough start learning the call com computer system, but I did.
Conway was a good company to work for, although they could pay better.
Productive workplace
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great working enviroment with a steady pace
Cons: Short lunches with no breaks
Day to day operations of freight carrier. This position consists of scheduling daily LTL (less than truckload) pickups from various companies. Tracking and tracing shipments, processing, billing, and imaging of all logistics. (Bills of Lading, DRs, customs docs, and Hamates.) Daily reports to various large businesses. Customer service and all that entails.
Leading LTL Carrier
Service Center Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MIMay 7, 2015
I worked at Con-way Freight for over 15 years. They are a leader in the LTL industry and a good company to work for.
Managing a service center from day to day included the following:
Ensuring safe and effective operations
Leading with LEAN ideals
Coaching and Education
Good miles
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMay 5, 2015
Good pay and miles. But if you like home time not the company to work for. Our dispatcher was very nasty to us. Never understood that there were times we just had to be home to deal with family issues.
Fast paced environment with positive work results
Account Executive (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: State of the art pc hardware/software
Cons: Terminal Management lacked people skills
Major carrier with top training program, excellent customer service backup, excellent benefits, and top of the line equipment. Strong marketing programs aimed to target all accounts at all levels with above average discounts.
Company Driver (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMay 3, 2015
Pros: Job security, great incentives, salary
Cons: not home enough
Conway is a great place to work. A typical day at Conway is simple. You wake up after your break, receive your load information, plan your route and your day. Conway put a lot of trust in their drivers and trust that you will deliver your load on time. Conway drivers are like a family of sisters and brothers, mothers and fathers. They are always willing to help each other and if they don't know the answer to a question, trust and believe they will help you find the answer. The hardest part of my job to me would waiting at a shipper or receiver to be loaded or unloaded if they are running behind schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the opportunity to meet different people from different parts of the world.
Not worth it in the long run
Maintenance CSR (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 3, 2015
Horrible boss, He did not fully understand the workload on a daily basis and when asked to lighten it, it just created more work, Very stressful, never enough time to get your daily assignments in your shift done. The only good thing about this company was the excellent pay & benefits. Over the course of time that even was good enough for the amount of stress & health problems it caused.
Good job oppertunity
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Sapulpa, OKMay 1, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Management was great and coworkers where very good to work with. Great opportunity to move up in a greater position and higher pay.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK !!!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Humboldt, TNApril 29, 2015
Pros: DRIVERS YOU WORK WITH
Cons: WAS LAID OFF
THE WORK CHANGES DAY TO DAY. DRIVERS AND SCM ARE GREAT! ABLE TO CONNECT WITH CUSTOMERS. ABLE TO MULTITASK. GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
I was a temp.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Alot of hours.
Cons: They didnt hire me.
I load and unload according to our safe stack system.Not damaging any freight was the company's pride behind safety of course.
First Class Trucking Company Serving Customer Needs
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Industry Training
Cons: Little room for advancement
While employed with Con-Way, I learned a great deal about the trucking industry. They invest in training and want to make you successful.

There was little room for advancement in Sales.
Improvement is need quick
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 23, 2015
locations are not properly staffed and with no cross training on different aspects of the operation makes it really difficult to maintain efficiency when a supervisor takes a day off from work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Con-way

Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading – Read more

Con-way Salaries

Truck Driver