Con-way Employee Reviews

Great place to work during business school
National Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 16, 2017
Work /life balance while I was there was great. As with any small business there were multiple hats you needed to wear on a daily basis. People were good to work with.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2017
Great place to work very laid back place all management is cool sometimes the freight can be stressful but for the most part its a great place to work overtime is great as well
Pros
Long hours sometimes 12 so plenty of ot
Cons
Sometimes we dont get a lunch or we go later than exspected
There were a couple of good people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 11, 2017
All in all, it was an OK place to work. Being only a temp employee, I was not subject to any paid time off or vacations. There was NO chance of advancement.
the terminals were clean
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 9, 2017
driving long haul was ok. gave plenty of time to get to customer. Would take a week or two to get you home.There where communication issues between driver and dispatch.
Pros
will let you stay out a long time
Cons
will make you wait on small loads
Ok
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  1490 Hall stMay 6, 2017
It was a good place to work except for extreme weather and sometimes short and long days management was ok but sometimes show favoritism but co workers was great
Pros
Salary
Cons
Weather
Good Job for a younger man!!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ILMay 3, 2017
If it is 14 degrees below 0 outside it will be just as cold inside. Was a great job for a person with good blood circulation like a younger man but I almost got trench foot and the doctor told me if I did not quit he was going to have to amputate my left foot!!
Poor Management
Logistics Analysts (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 2, 2017
This company looks more to who you're friends with rather than what the quality of work is for promotions. Poor place to work, not recommended. When working in some departments you are "black listed" from applying to other departments because the revolving door of turn over is too high. Poopy hours with low pay make for a lack for morale. They pay you like an entry level employee but expect seasoned career work. The micro management in certain department is amazing, the management scrutinize every minor detail but expect you to try and take ownership.

Not recommended.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
pay, hours, culture, management
Great Culture
Sr. SRM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97209May 1, 2017
Very collaborative friendly work environment. Learned about change management, using Lean principles and working more efficiently instead of working harder. Good work life balance.
Pros
Cons
some migromanagement
Friendly Co-workers
Customer Sales Representative, LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2017
This company was great, the terminal I worked was horribly mismanaged. The company, however, was fantastic. They have since been purchased by XPO and I have no idea how things are there now.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
Mismanagement led to a lot of wasted time.
Fast Pace but balanced place to work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 25, 2017
Process billing, Process requisitions, worked on AS400, key hazmat material, check on drivers returning with billing to process, work with management on reports for corporate office.
Pros
Good Pay with benifits
Cons
Worked late in the evenings until early mornings.
productive good place to stay busyand plenty of work.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 17, 2017
I don't really have much good to say about the company from my experience it was a lot of things going on internally that I and other coworkers didn't approve of but the pay was good. some good management but terrible supervision and culture.
Good company
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2017
Great job that has a lot of rules which is good for you to learn more about your self an the people around you on a day to day base management was good .
Fun place to work
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, WAApril 10, 2017
One of the best parts was interacting with so many great customers everyday. Good management and dispatching. Overall great people to work with. It was sold to XPO Logistics right after I left so I guess conway doesn't technically exist anymore.
great place as CSE, under rollup to conway, everything changed
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 8, 2017
was a great company with great culture as CSE, when it rolled up to Conway, everything changed, treated employees badly, became very political and everyone watching out for there own interests. driven completely by numbers and expected you to serve company but did not serve you
Pros
pay was decent, good benefits
Cons
culture, management
alright
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 7, 2017
jobs alright management can use some help, during the winter its really cold, kinda high stress because of the different size freight you need too load
going through change
Driver Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 6, 2017
Ok company just the people inside it make it worse, seems like there is a revolving door and they are not military friendly. They have terminated more than 2 military members. one was right before deployment.
Fast Paced and High Stress but rewarding
Driver/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 6, 2017
At Conway, Your typical day would start at work by having to unload trailers that came in from the night line haul runs and then load your trailer for the days deliveries. Sometime the line haul guy came in late and that would add to your day by making you late for your deliveries and pickups. Even though the stress level was high, if you were prepared, you could still make your entire day run smoothly.
Pros
New equipment
Not happy
IT - - Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 31, 2017
This company seemed really behind in IT solutions. My manager was not my favorite person in the world. I don't think he really understood what my job included.
Pros
nothing
Decent pay/ good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2017
If you put in the time and produce good work it will pay off. Days can be very hot or very cold depending on the season so dress accordingly. all in all it is a good job.
Pros
Decent pay for low skill req
Cons
some may not like the hours.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 28, 2017
This job was a great learning experience. Learning how to do billing entry and some about dispatch. My boss was great he did his best to keep me since they had sent my job overseas. There really wasn't a hard part on this job. I most enjoyed the computer work and the people.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Not enough Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.