Con-way

Con-way United States Employee Reviews

Opportunistic Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Starting pay
Cons: Faulty equipment
Looking back i should have kept my job at Con-Way Freight, the benefits are their. Other employees were helpful while i learned the job, they were ready and willing to lend a helping hand whenever i needed it. The hardest part of the job was finding a solid forklift other than that it was straight to the point.
Con-way Freight
Dock Worker (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 19, 2015
Pros: Excelent people
Best company I've worked for by far so far great people fast paced great pay also great safety record and equipment. Also they will do anything to help you out!!!
wasted my time. company not upfront about job
driver (Former Employee), joplinApril 16, 2015
Pros: sounds great at first
Cons: mileage low and mostly short multistop deliveries
Signed on as a OTR driver and quickly found out i was just gonna be doing short haul deliveries to retail stores. When getting paid by the mile this just isn't worth the time. I was doing deliveries that should have been handled by the less than truckload department.
Very nice place to work
Billing/Invoicing (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Could pick lunch times and leave early.
Cons: All good.
Very nice place to work.
The work hours are from 8am to 5pm. I learned new skills in excel. the co-workers were all very nice people.
There was nothing hard about this job.
The nice new big building was the most enjoyable part about it.
It only part time
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Salem, ILApril 10, 2015
You only work 30 hours a week for dock hands, if you work the dock and drive truck you will work 40+ hrs give or take. There is not a lot to say you drive a forklift, load & unload trucks and or you do both.
ideal ltl company
SHOP MANAGER (Former Employee), Gary, INApril 8, 2015
Ideal company to work for. ideal company to work for...........................................................................................................................................................................................
GOOD COMPANY TO DRIVE FOR.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOApril 1, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: MANDATORY BREAKS
DRIVING ALL HOURS REQUIRED
DELIVERING ON TIME AND DELIVERING THE PRODUCTS
NEEDED.
Good Job
DockWorker (Former Employee), North Augusta, SCMarch 30, 2015
was a Part time worker good schedule worked well around a school schedule if needed didn't have a raise for entry level position.
Great Company for truck drivers,usually overtime
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Milan, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation week, bonuses
Cons: odd hours for most dock workers
A Part-time dock workers day usually starts at 3pm-9/10pm.I learned alot about how the trucking industy operates and there regulations. The managment verys greatly.Some co-workers are great,others hate there life and are not the socialble type,it really just depends. The hardest part is in the winter because it is so cold on the docks,its a wind tunnel and not enclosed for heat. The most enjoyable part of my job was the end of the day checklists. Overall they have great pay,401 k,and decent health insurance.
Great company
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2015
good people, good place to work. they care about you and your family. compensation is fair. Cant say enough good about this place.
Excellent company
Safety Expert Management (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2015
Excellent company to work with in transportation. Involving working with loading and unloading trucks according to safety regulations.
Proper procedures in handling HAZMAT shipments for loading and assuring proper placards are used on truck.
Good company to work for
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Western RegionMarch 19, 2015
Long hours, good pay. Work hard and you will enjoy the benefits of it. Con-way is not for the weak hearted or weak minded, it is best if you go in and expect to work hard.
overall work day
Freight Classification Specialist (Current Employee), san antonio texasMarch 17, 2015
Pros: keeping money within the company
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me would be going into the office checking emails then going out to the dock to start inspecting freight that was being loaded for about 30 minutes. I would then come back inside respond to emails and start on my planning process of what I will inspect for the night. I learned something new every night from a classification rule or new commodity. The management was ok but could always use work and my co-workers are awesome. The most enjoyable part of my job is saving the company thousands at the end of my shift.
Good drivers
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILFebruary 26, 2015
dispatched 40+ drivers per day for pick ups, deliveries, and switches. I was the only dispatcher, it was very fast paced and busy. multitasking a must.
Poor management
Safety Associate/Compliance (Former Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: co-workers were great
Cons: did not like the favortism by management
I worked in Safety compliance and that included reviewing driver file for orientation locactions. I learned about many regualtions for drivers concerning their physicals and licenses. The job was not hard at all and I enjoyed working with the people. My manager was not a good manager at all and I am not sure how she even came to be a manager. She does not communicate with her team and she has her favorites and they can do no wrong. If you are not like her then she can make work very difficult.
Pays well
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: managment
It pays well if you're willing to trade your soul for decent money. They keep you 12 hours a day all summer, and write you up for leaving without asking if you go home early. Then when it slows down they send you home before you get your 8 hours in. They talk about how much money they are making but can't keep up equipment needed for you to do your job. They give you a board and a handful of nails and tell you you're going to be rated on how many nails you get hammered in the board but won't give you a hammer. I enjoy going and delivering freight to a variety of customers
As far as LTL Carriers go, Con-Way is the Best
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: strong work ethic
Cons: must be willing to relocate in order to move up.
Con-Way does an excellent job at their core business of Moving LTL shipments. This is the best place to learn about the LTL industry.
UPS screwed up when they chose not to purchase this company and purchased Overnite instead.
Con-Way was a good place to work
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 13, 2015
I learned a lot about the freight business and really perfected my forklift driving skill there. I enjoyed the people I worked with and around. The only complaint I can say about Con-Way is the upper management.
Great Place
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Tomah, WIFebruary 10, 2015
I have been at this company for a couple years and I really enjoy it, as there are many opportunities to advance in your career.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, NYFebruary 9, 2015
I loved my job at Con-way Freight. I would still be there is my husband didn't relocate to another state.They people and culture are awesome.

1 2 3 4 5

About Con-way

Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading – Read more

Con-way Salaries

Owner/Operator