Con-way Employee Reviews in United States

Great potential
Senior Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 30, 2016
If the promotion of a healthy work environment/culture were made a priority, this could be an excellent company.
Con-way Freight Taken over by XPO Logistics Nov 2015
National Account Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 29, 2016
Pre- takeover:
Most of my co-workers were wonderful. The ones that stayed on their cell phones and avoided work were never called on it and those that worked the hardest were micromanaged. The hardest part of the job was the management was always changing, unavailable and they were indecisive. They kept adding work onto the team all in the name of being lean.

Takeover lay-offs were made on a personal basis, not on a professional basis.
Pros
Increased my skillsets & made some very good friends.
Cons
Too many personal politics were allowed to run unchecked
Want to move too much
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2016
To advance in the company, you are expected to move anywhere in the country. This does not work for people with families.
Warehouse
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2016
Good Company to work for. Able to learn a lot from Co-Workers and Supervisor. I would love to work for them again.

Good Benefits for employees.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
Lay offs
nice
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJune 14, 2016
It was a productive logistics company, and I quit to become a truck driver. it was nice at first driving an hour back and fourth, then it became difficult for me. I left to further my training with Waukesha county technical college.
con way
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 6, 2016
cfi is what con way bought i was with them for 7 months they fired me saying i used to much fuel i dont under stand the meaning of that one for it being aq trucking company
Pros
good miles
Cons
needs better mgmt
A great company to work
QA/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 3, 2016
Enjoyed working at Conway with team members and manager. The work environment is amazing with good processes.The software department has many applications that is being supported by various IT employees.
The core values were abandoned and the culture changed
Cargo Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 30, 2016
Being lead to the same work standards for cargo claims conclusion as all other examiners while being pulled by the two department managers and director to hold their hands on every 3PL claim dispute that landed on their desk took it's toll. It became increasingly difficult. I would receive calls from the director when I was on vacation to assist him because they did not understand third party logistics and had no desire to learn because it was easier to pull me from my work.
Very Compartmentalized
Maintenance Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 24, 2016
Road Rescue,
Same duties on a larger scale as Hogan Trucking. Work pace was much faster, decisions had to be made within 30-45 seconds and a repair plan started as a work order.Managed repair from dispatching repair service to paying the invoice with Master Card or Com-Data Check.
Pros
very involved Manager who did not hesitate to help
Cons
A slow transition and change under the LEAN management concept
the hardest part of the job!
Combination Driver / Yardman (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 23, 2016
Great company to work for, fast pace environment, great co-workers, anytime i needed help there was also someone around to help! i can't really say anything bad about Con-Way except if you're in the Northeast region as a new driver expect to not get any drive time or any real hours for at least a year or until new hires come around..
Pros
great pay, great place to work..
Cons
3 to 5 hour work days duringwinter season.
ok
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 23, 2016
they were good to work for as long as you deal with your dispatcher not larado dispatch that also does el paso. they do not care about you they just want to use you to do there dropped loads by teams.
Pros
ok
Cons
other than your normal dispatcher they do not care about you
Productive usuallly have work to do on a daily basis.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 13, 2016
Overall a fair place to work in comparison to other companies and some similarities.A very demanding career and you will always be learning something new,for as things are always changing.
Fast evnviroment
Forklift Operator / Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2016
Working in extreme weather conditions, most of the drivers there helped me out alot to understand the ends and outs of LTL.
Typical Logistics COmpany
City/Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMay 6, 2016
Con-Way is a typical logistics company. There are good days and bad. My overall experience was positive......the management had strict deadlines, as many jobs do and this could cause very difficult confrontations.
a job that pays well
Dockworker/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ILMay 3, 2016
come in to work some management good sector leaders demand a lot of negative feedback to employers did my job in whatever weather conditions were to the best of my ability learned how to be a better loader and unloader of trailers and forklift operator management listen sector leaders made impossible demands and negative feedback coworkers some good some bad the hardest part was staying 10hrs in freezing cold paycheck at the end of the week
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no short breaks for 10-12 hr days demand that was put on us
Company is a back stabber
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMay 3, 2016
XPO/Con-way Freights UNprofessional higher management have small (manhood) syndrome. Act all tough behind the desk and think they are the cats meow when they have no idea what they are doing other than patting their own backs while sticking a fork in others backs.

Rules and regulations are unprofessional, as well as the employees who throw each other under the bus to save themselves. The gossip is unreal. Numerous of over 8 hour days with no lunch (DOT violation) until freight was brought back to terminal.

Employees that are the "pets" of the terminal get away with ANYTHING, from ripping off bumpers of trailers, not doing a pre trip and trailer axles(no hub oil) flying off on the highway to smoking inside the cab on on property (Against company policy!)
Pros
decent pay for the BS you have to deal with
Cons
management, supervisors are full of themselves, unless you're a pet of a supervisor/management you wont get any time off, co workers stab your back, after 8hours on the road still cant take lunch till freight was at the terminal (DOT violation)
Nice place to work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2016
Good job, steady work. A chance ay be available to go to truck driving school in the future. Work hours for dock workers average around 45 to 50 hours a week.
Perfect enviroment for working mothers
Freight Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
Job Work/Life Balance is the best I have ever had. The only downfall is there is not room for potential growth.
Typical day is working with diverse patient and supporting doctor.
Boring and not enough interation with people
Administration and Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAApril 21, 2016
A typical work shift was spent on the computer entering bills. My typing and computer skills improved. The management played favoritism towards the mall. I enjoyed learning a new skill, but I need more interaction with people. I love helping people and talking. My coworkers were wonderful, best part of the job.
No room for advancement
Cargo Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 18, 2016
Con-way Freight was a great company to work for, that's if you would like to stay in one position without advancement. In most of their salary positions there is no room for advancement only room for raises which most of the time were only 2%. (the politics average) The best thing about the job is I learned the in's and out of cargo claim and its was never a dull moment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.