Con-way Employee Reviews

I worked for Con-way, i was working more than 55 hours a week for salary, horrible
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 21, 2017
This place got me so sick, I end up at ER, my stress level was way too hight. I was never able to take a break, lunches. My manager kept gave me more and more work. They don't care about their employees. I witnessed many people leaving the company. If you want to have a life definitely this is not the place for you to work.
It's a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 18, 2017
Worked there for 8 months they rarely ever got me out of the nort east despite my requests to do so, and then my wife got pregnant and it caused me to need more home time so I had to get a different job.
Pros
Decent equipment
Cons
Dispatch sucked, runs were bad, sat a lot
Team Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 18, 2017
Explored the lower 48 states and Canada. It was nice to drive. I ran teams with my ex wife and it was fun going from one side of the country to the other in a day or so.
Great environment
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2017
I had a wonderful time driving for Conway Truckload before they were bought out by xpo. After the were bought out i heard alot of rumors of people leaving the company.
No room for advancement
Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 4, 2017
same as above there is no room for advancementdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Forklift movement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYMarch 3, 2017
Very organized.. Well kept clean and work at a well environment. I enjoyed then wave pallets wear moved around so smooth. Staff friendly and works like a team.
wonderful environment
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 2, 2017
learnt to work with different people of different cultures, was a great and open work environment. I learnt how to problem solve, and work together with my team to complete different task.
Pros
good environment
chaotic place to work
Commercial driver class A (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 25, 2017
12-14 hour days, learned anyone can run an LTL company, management is inept and uninformed, hostile work environment often confrontational, hardest part is working the outside dock and you can't feel your toes, most enjoyable part is not working there anymore
A very inviting experience
team driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 22, 2017
This trucking company, like so many others, was very much a closed community and difficult to socially integrate with, but the people were ALL polite and professional.
Pros
Great equipment, kind staff, comfortable lounges
Cons
Was bought out
Slave drivers
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXFebruary 17, 2017
They had a home away from home. Good about hometime. Pay is reasonable. Glad they had a management turnover because the old was ungrateful. They send their drivers to small docks and expect no scratches and dents on their equipment
Pros
Drivers terminals
Cons
Small docks
Nice job to have at times
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, IL 61834February 13, 2017
If you like extra board this is for you, but if you don't like knowing when your going to be called in, it is horrible. Good atmosphere to work in otherwise. You would be driving and working the dock, cold winters and got summers.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not knowing when you'll go to work
Manager
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I was a part of a good team. I met good people and the work was not hard. They try and do a lot of thing for the empolyees.
Cons
weekly pay
Great people, horrible job
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNFebruary 7, 2017
I managed at the Minneapolis Terminal for 6 years. Started out on 2nd shift, working from 2pm to midnight (sometimes longer). Put in a year and moved to days, working Tuesday thru Saturday, another thankless position. Eventually moved to Morning shift, 330 am to 2pm. Do the math before you apply, as its the land of broken promises. Work\life balance is non-existent! This is a great job for a single person with no kids. They will work you to the bone, then tell you didn't work hard enough.

Dock life......Expect to freeze your butt off in the winter time, and sweat thru your clothes in the summer time. The use of a desk for paperwork is never available, and plan on picking up after the shift before you. Continuous haz mat spills will keep you plenty busy, as well as daily meetings on how to fasten your seat belt. The dock can be a very dangerous place, with 50 plus forklifts flying around. (take out extra life insurance).

The only real positive that came out of Conway for me was my 401, and a few friends I made along the way.
Pros
Personal relationships
Productive fun workplace with a pingpong table
Senior Logistics Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2017
Enjoyable work environment to show up to every day. It was an extremely positive and fun place to work until XPO bought out Con-way. Everything changed. Very unfortunate, but part of corporate life. I'm confident in my skills, and just looking for the best match.
Horrible Co.
City Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2017
Was hired as a City Driver, but, for the 4 mo's that I worked there, I went out in the city maybe 5 times, the other time was spent on the dock. Often I wasn't able to work a full 8 hours. It was one of the worst companies I've ever worked at.
Pros
There are none
pretty much modern day slavery
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
this company lives and breathes off of micro management. every single small occurance & your threatned with unfair write ups and suspensions.
Laid back atmosphere great team
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2017
The company structure was team based, management actively tries to make sure all employees are well taken care for and able to perform the job at the best of ones ability.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
Accuracy is critical with little room for errors
nice place
Cert..Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2017
pulled freight off trucks with forklift and wrapped put it in order the day was very busy and trucks ran in per amount of product .And there where a lot of business but it was a temp job so when freight was low we where sent home
Pros
nice hours and benefits
Cons
short term
Good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILJanuary 15, 2017
Loved running on the forklift all day and night just didn't like how it wasn't full time was part time forever and wish it payed a little bit better .
People are nice
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 13, 2017
The people you work with for the most part are great, but the inability for the company to give you the proper tools to do your job is beyond annoying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.