Con-way

Con-way Employer Reviews

Driver Sales Representative (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJAugust 21, 2014
Co-workers are friendly. Work long hours. Management sometimes doesn't care for there employees.
Good Training and a fun place to work.
Driver (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2014
Pros: when you get high on the seniority list you will be able to go in early
Cons: have to drive 8 plus hours then have to work on the dock for a few hours.
A typical day at Conway start after you are called in.. Everyday you have wait to be on call in. They call drivers in according to how much freight is ready to be delivered. Conway calls drivers in off a seniority list. the higher you are on the seniority list the earlier you will be able to come into work. I have learns lots of driving maneuvers how – more... to parallel park a semi and how to maneuver a tracker and trailer in tight space and in closed quarters. New Station manager is cleaning up the station trying to make it a better work environment for everybody. I enjoy all my co-workers it like my second family.The hardest part of this job is when you are at the bottom of the seniority list and getting called in late and then just to get hours you have to stay all night. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when im driving. – less
No job security
DSR-Driver Sales Rep (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: drivers i work with.
Cons: management
Questionable ethics and integrity. When I first started out at Con-Way it was by far the best paying job I had ever had, and as a female
it allowed me to provide a great income for my family. As the years have pasted this company has improved on work conditions, meaning
better equipment, safe stack trailers and newer forklifts. However, management has – more... changed and changed and changed. Since I started back in 2005 I have seen the decline in the hiring competent and skilled dock operations management. They hire and continually hire college kids who know nothing about the freight business or the trucking industry. This is a disasters combination, lack of knowledge and skills. If Con-Way does not do something about this, within 3 to 6 years the doors will close on Con-Way. Customers and drivers are the backbone to LTL carriers, without drivers, Con-Way will fold. – less
Good Job
P&D Route Driver (Former Employee), Clear Lake, IAAugust 9, 2014
Delivered products to customers in the surrounding area, of Clear Lake, Iowa, Safety is very important to Con-Way, also making sure we operated in the most efficient way possible...
Very pleasant environment. Everyone is nice, great group of people to work with and that is all a person could ask for
Dock Worker(Tem-hire) (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great environment.
Cons: job ended after two days classroom work and 1 hour on dock next day.
They lied and told the agency I worked for that I was not productive and all I was doing was following regular employees around on forklift learning dock procedures. A lot of con is what I think they have with them besides all the damage claims I saw.
I really enjoyed working for Conway.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: company practice their core values.
Cons: nothing negative to say.
The company worked together to satisfy the customer and profit at the same time. I really enjoyed my time there.
Good company, limited advancement for driven people.
Accounting (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 30, 2014
Pros: very ethical and committed to continual improvement within truckload.
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited.
Education is under valued at Truckload and talent often leaves as a result. However the culture is shifting but I'm not sure it will advance in time to keep me either.
Its a job
Driver (Current Employee), Tonawanda NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: schedule
Pros...
Pay, benefits are ok, people
Cons...
No set schedule-they treat you like your a kid as you come in when they tell you and you go home after asking permission.
Got some know it all people but thats everywhere so have patience and its not bad.
The management sucks as they hire kids out of college who have never driven trucks and they are your – more... bosses – less
conveinent night job that allowed me to take classes during the day
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at work included organizing freight bills and entering them into the system. I learned the organizational structure of this company and it was pleasant to work for such an organized friendly crew of employees.

The hardest part of the job would have been often having to work and hour or two later than orginally intended.

Overall a great – more... company with a highly organized friendly supervisor. – less
good company
otr driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2014
not enough miles. Left sitting for sometimes days and then getting a small run. Was hard to manage my bills and responsibilities because of this.
Good people on dock.
Temp Position as Greeter (Former Employee), LaSalle, ILJuly 20, 2014
Cons: management
My typical night was Bills of lading and Over the road carriers getting their loads. I work on the sector desk to perform secretarial duties for the drivers.
Very energetic company
Customer Service Rep/Billing/Dispatch (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2014
Pros: time schedules
Answering inbound calls, entering data to generate documents, assist with dispatching of drivers, billing, imaging company documents for company revew.
Challenging Industry
Assistant Service Center Manager (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 17, 2014
Con-way was a good company to work for - one which provided opportunities for advancement. The work-life balance was challenged at times given the demands of the job, as well as the industry.
no sense of teamwork or training
dock worker (Former Employee), san antonioJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good starting pay
Cons: no teamwork or leadership
The supposed training they gave me was telling me alright this is what we do now go do it. Then other workers who I thought were helping me train by teaching me the ropes were actually taking credit for my scans/motor moves, so their numbers looked good while mine looked like i was doing nothing all night. This led to me being written up for performance – more... after just 2 weeks on the dock, still in my probation period. – less
Outstanding trucking company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 10, 2014
Pros: late model trucks, expertly maintained equipment, steady freight and miles
Cons: being away from home, slightly lower than average per mile pay
Con-Way Truckload is one of the few large trucking companies that actually cares about their drivers and treats them with respect. Any issues that ever arose were handled swiftly and to my satisfaction. They pay slightly less than some companies, but the other benefits they offer (pet, rider policy, home time, etc.) more than make up for that. They – more... always got me home within 7 days of requesting time off, was allowed to drive the truck home, and could take as many consecutive days off as you earned. They run you as hard as you want and I was able to average 2,200 miles a week with some weeks hitting as high as 4,000 miles. – less
Productive and fun place to work
DRIVER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 10, 2014
Operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban, and rural areas in all weather conditions. Load and unload freight with a forklift under varying conditions at company and customer facilities. When pickups and deliveries are completed, returns to the facility and follows appropriate checkout procedures.
HR Supervisor (Former Employee), Reston VAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working with my team. Learned a lot throughout my year of working.
Nice lunch room.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Gary, INJuly 8, 2014
Moving freight all day,I learned how to move odd objects.Management is fair and my co-works are a nice bunch of guys.There are no hard parts.The most enjoyable part is the challenge.
OTR truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJune 30, 2014
Work day 14 hour on duty.11 hours driving.
To many hours for the pay
Management talked to on the phone
co-workers none in truck alone.
Hardest part shift in driving from AM to PM
Enjoyed going home
Decent COmpany
FREIGHT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Trenton, NJJune 30, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: longhours
Management in this company are mostly older not very friendly.
Drivers are mostly friendly and easy going.

1 2 3 4 5

About Con-way

Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading – Read more