Con-way Employee Reviews

good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, INDecember 8, 2016
shipping and receiving, you would load and unload trailer. it is fast pace and the system is very good. the co-workers work together and get the job done every night
Pros
oppurtunity
Cons
no heat
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Birdsboro pa 19508December 4, 2016
I loved it cause i only loaded and unloaded the trucks then clean up like sweep the whole warehouse and take the trash out and ckean the offices and parking lot
Pros
We took half hour lunch
Cons
I dint take the insurance
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 3, 2016
Conway is a good company but management in the shop needs to be retrained. Lack of people skills are a major problem. I enjoy working with my felow co workers but there needs to be major changes in operation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Good company to work for
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
Conway was a very good company to work for the people that i worked with were great to be around and the atmosphere was good. they grew lots of company parties and i loved it.
Great company
Forklift Operator/CDL CLASS A LICENSE (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MANovember 17, 2016
conway its a greatcompany to work with. i had the chance to get my cdl license and learned how to drive. All the people there are nice and if you need help they will.
Good pay and a fun enjoyable atmosphere
Freight Classification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2016
The job that I had was enjoyable due to the fact that everyday was different that your typical job in a corporate environment. With classifying freight on a daily basis, it was a good experience knowing that you were making a positive impact on the bottom dollar due to the fact that we were making the company money by simply just reclassifying freight making the company over $150 million a year.
Pros
Methodical, High-Level, Intuitive, Resourceful
Cons
Stagnant, Anti-Social, Uncooperative
Ok place to work
driver CDL class A (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 12, 2016
Need unions make you work on the dock as a driver for hours and then let you go out for a few hours to drive and then come back and make you work on the dock again
Pros
Cons
Unfair with everything
Great Employees
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYNovember 10, 2016
Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
Loved to work for this company, had alot of fun
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 8, 2016
Liked working for this company, they were all about the drivers. What they thought and helped them when they needed it. Never had a problem with them, back in 2007 when my brother in law was dying they sent us home so we could be there for my sister. When my brother in law did pass that June we called them and they told us not to worry about anything, that is why I liked working for them.
Pros
working with the staff and president
Cons
had to chain in the snow
Productive place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WINovember 3, 2016
The managers was very good trained to do whats is giid for the company and always try to help people to learn. The human Resources people was always there when you needed
job security and fast paced environment
Driver Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2016
the job is Monday thru Friday working the dock and going out to swap trailers; or come in before 1200 to run route and then work on dock. pay is good. takes three years to top out. takes a long time to work your way up seniority board.
Pros
pay
Conway to XPO
DSR Driver Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, MO 65706October 29, 2016
Loved Conway XPO is headed in a different direction. Tying to become smaller which means they are very overstaffed and rarely good a full day.
Pros
Salary benefits
Cons
directions going smaller away from LTL
Fun,Busy,get to meet new people everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2016
Very busy multitasking answering phones,making appoinments,checking merchandise to be accurate,matching purchase orders to sales,following all safety codes,recording amounts of materials or items received,maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments,make sure all outbound drivers have their paperwork and loads also all equipment.
Pros
good environment, nice employees, good food.
Cons
sometimes have to work through lunch, grumpy drivers you have to anwer to about there loads.
Enjoyed driving
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 26, 2016
Enjoyed the freedom of driving the truck. getting to my destination was always a challenge. Long days. Always entertaining dealing with new employees.
Pros
freedom of doing what you want as long as the job gets done
fast paced cross dock
Dock Worker/CSR/Driver/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 24, 2016
i start my day at 2am wording the dock loading and unloading trailers for 4 hours the move into the front office to help answer phone and help customers for 2-3 hours then 2 hours in meetings checking on projects with project leaders then 4-6 hours driving delivering freight to customers. learned a lot with excel and power point, cross dock and exporting freight to Canada and managing multiple teams on strict deadlines.
Pros
consistent work
Cons
long hours take a toll over time
Would not reccommend
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 24, 2016
It was a good place to work, however the office is full of lies and so are the management. They are not upfront with anyone.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not Truthful to employees
Not many hours given.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Scott, LAOctober 19, 2016
Good work place and clean environment. Not many oppurtinities given , and hours. Great partime job , but not fulltime. Benefits are ok .
Pros
The work gone smoothly.
Cons
scheduling and hours.
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 17, 2016
Good company, good people. Newer equipment, well maintained. In transition due to XPO Logistics buyout of Conway. Dispatchers stretched thin due to XPO letting a lot of them go along with other management.
Easy job but horrible conditions
Lead Loader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 2, 2016
Working on a cross dock is very much like working outside. Rain sleet or snow, your expected to do your job the exact same way. You can dress for the weather n take other precautions, but you also want to be paid enough money for the hardwork you encounter.
For a big company, it was a great place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 26, 2016
I came back after 11 years, to my surprise a lot of the folks who I had worked with as CFI was still there. The way they operated seemed to be the same as it was with CFI. Con-way now known as XPO logistics they were not the reason why I left. My health was not up to D.O.T. requirements. If I was to go back to driving I would go back to XPO logistics. I did enjoy working there, I made good money.

I can say this if u are a student its not a bad company to start with.
you can learn a lot with XPO logistics truck load division spite what many would say you will never find the perfect company. There is no such thing, but XPO logistics strives to be the perfect company. They will have faults how ever, your gonna find that with any company.

Equipment, oh some of the nicest trucks your gonna find, and all set up for your comfort. 1500 watt inverters. Sirius XM radio, and good pulling trucks.

if your looking to drive a truck for XPO Logistics truckload division. your not making a bad choice. They were great for me and my family. I strongly urge you to apply and give them a chance.
Pros
good pay, good equipment
Cons
Cons are only what you cant handle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.