Con-way Employee Reviews

Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Shelby, IAAugust 21, 2017
i think the owner hates truck drivers because everything you like about trucking is taken or against the rules. they have been bought out so perhaps that has changed.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
lots of hours
good work place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2017
hard working day but worth it, you'll clocking in find your forklift get your assignment to which door you going to unload when finish with that you'll get assigned another truck
Pros
money
Cons
you could and will change shifts when the time comes
Management style has changed
Manager of Operations Research (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 17, 2017
Work in the fast linehaul department for 31 years, helped development the freight-flow plans for national LTL markets and maintained the nationwide flow of freight. Grew with the company from 1.7 million pounds a day to 100,000,000 lbs system wide per day
Pros
Able to grow with company
Cons
New management style was to much of a change
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAAugust 16, 2017
con way was a great place to work I made lot of good friendships that most became like family we worked hard had fun doing it made good money we thought we had a career never thought I would not be there anymore but at the end of the day know it is a business and people make decisions that can effect everyone. company was sold as for that reason I am not employed with con way anymore
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Conway was a great company.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 16, 2017
Great company to work for. My position was eliminated when XPO Logistics purchased the company. Conway cared about there people. My immediate supervisor wanted to see me succeed.
Pros
great staff to work with.
Could be Better
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Needs work. Leadership is the worst, too much unfair treatment. Lost of unethical behavior. Leadership is key to employee productivity. No effoert to work with employees
Pros
Lwf
Diversity of Freight
CSR / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2017
At Conway, you are off and running once you enter the building. Whether you are manning the phones, customer service, or dispatch, there is always something to do.
Pros
Always something to learn
Cons
Long Distance
Con-way was a good company
opreations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KS 66115August 7, 2017
Everything has become about profit since XPO took over. There has been a rapid downward trend in customer care and employee appreciation. I would not recommend.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
couldnt ask for more
Freight Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 31, 2017
great company, great culture, great benefits. most of the management staff are 10 year plus vets, so they all know what they are doing. can be stressful at times but that comes with any job.
110% Turnover Rate
Senior Supplier Relationship Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 30, 2017
What they lacked in skill, they made up for with disrespect. All college graduates were disregarded and a high school graduate with given all of the credit for other people's work. Hatred was considered a skill. No wonder they were bought out.
Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJuly 26, 2017
The training was great and so was the management. They took pride in their employees and it showed with advancements, compensation and the overall way you were treated as an employee.
Stressful sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 24, 2017
Started out in Accounts Receivable and made it over to phone sales. I covered the Cinncinnati and Northern Kentucky area and needed to make 30 "quality" calls a day of at least 3 minutes each. Sales had nothing to do with it, it was the "shotgun" effect out of control. Talking people into shipping when they have no product or their business is going under. Very stressful.

The job itself wasn't bad it was the criteria, sometimes 30 "quality" calls were not possible, but the numbers are what you were reviewed on.
Pros
financial stability
Cons
insane expectations
Fun was first job with class A
Local Class A delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2017
Was a great place to work friendly environment and people were great learned a lot there from yard hostling to dockwork to driving local deliveries. Had a unfortunate accident there on the road not my fault at all but I paid the price had medication mishap. Now im older it would be great get another opportunity with them.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
short term
Great Team Work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 19, 2017
Everyone worked and played as a team. No one was left out, everyone pulls their weight, and helps when needed. Opportunities for growth are always abundant, if you are willing to work for them.
Pros
Amazing healthcare plans
Not bad
DSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 13, 2017
This is a typical freight delivery company. There were a few people that I really liked. Home everyday. Decent pay and good people. Seniority is overall on advancement.
Fast paced,clean work enviorment,great place to work.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
Very great place to work,supervisors with great attitude.always some one there to help out when inneed.I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for an opportunity.
good working conditions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2017
Management seems to be employee oriented. Compensation is excellent for the job description. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend it as a place to work.
cross dock
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2017
Loading Trailers on a daily basis for a cross dock company in which I was the stacker where I had to load up the critical points using the high and tight left to right method
Pros
clean environment
Cons
no health care
Great Place
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Laredo TexasJune 29, 2017
Enjoyed my time their sad that company was sold. . Have good memories of how we started in Laredo looking for new customers.
Tough in the first year as a group we grew the company from 4 to over 100 employees. Company provided us every year with a picnic in summer and a end of the year dinner. Their was an open door policy
which enable us to give impute on how to better our company.
benefits
Cons
as company grew newer employees did not have same values as older employees.
for over the road driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 26, 2017
This was a good company to work for, they did well in dispatching and keeping a driver busy. They were lacking when it came to home time and making sure it happened on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.