Con-way Employee Reviews

great place as CSE, under rollup to conway, everything changed
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 8, 2017
was a great company with great culture as CSE, when it rolled up to Conway, everything changed, treated employees badly, became very political and everyone watching out for there own interests. driven completely by numbers and expected you to serve company but did not serve you
Pros
pay was decent, good benefits
Cons
culture, management
alright
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 7, 2017
jobs alright management can use some help, during the winter its really cold, kinda high stress because of the different size freight you need too load
going through change
Driver Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 6, 2017
Ok company just the people inside it make it worse, seems like there is a revolving door and they are not military friendly. They have terminated more than 2 military members. one was right before deployment.
Fast Paced and High Stress but rewarding
Driver/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 6, 2017
At Conway, Your typical day would start at work by having to unload trailers that came in from the night line haul runs and then load your trailer for the days deliveries. Sometime the line haul guy came in late and that would add to your day by making you late for your deliveries and pickups. Even though the stress level was high, if you were prepared, you could still make your entire day run smoothly.
Pros
New equipment
Not happy
IT - - Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 31, 2017
This company seemed really behind in IT solutions. My manager was not my favorite person in the world. I don't think he really understood what my job included.
Pros
nothing
Decent pay/ good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2017
If you put in the time and produce good work it will pay off. Days can be very hot or very cold depending on the season so dress accordingly. all in all it is a good job.
Pros
Decent pay for low skill req
Cons
some may not like the hours.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 28, 2017
This job was a great learning experience. Learning how to do billing entry and some about dispatch. My boss was great he did his best to keep me since they had sent my job overseas. There really wasn't a hard part on this job. I most enjoyed the computer work and the people.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Not enough Hours
Great place to work - super culture
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2017
Enjoyed the years with Con-way - their culture allowed all employees to grow and take pride in their contributions to the company. Company values were practiced at all times
I worked for Con-way, i was working more than 55 hours a week for salary, horrible
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 21, 2017
This place got me so sick, I end up at ER, my stress level was way too hight. I was never able to take a break, lunches. My manager kept gave me more and more work. They don't care about their employees. I witnessed many people leaving the company. If you want to have a life definitely this is not the place for you to work.
It's a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 18, 2017
Worked there for 8 months they rarely ever got me out of the nort east despite my requests to do so, and then my wife got pregnant and it caused me to need more home time so I had to get a different job.
Pros
Decent equipment
Cons
Dispatch sucked, runs were bad, sat a lot
Team Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 18, 2017
Explored the lower 48 states and Canada. It was nice to drive. I ran teams with my ex wife and it was fun going from one side of the country to the other in a day or so.
Great environment
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2017
I had a wonderful time driving for Conway Truckload before they were bought out by xpo. After the were bought out i heard alot of rumors of people leaving the company.
No room for advancement
Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 4, 2017
same as above there is no room for advancementdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Forklift movement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYMarch 3, 2017
Very organized.. Well kept clean and work at a well environment. I enjoyed then wave pallets wear moved around so smooth. Staff friendly and works like a team.
wonderful environment
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 2, 2017
learnt to work with different people of different cultures, was a great and open work environment. I learnt how to problem solve, and work together with my team to complete different task.
Pros
good environment
chaotic place to work
Commercial driver class A (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 25, 2017
12-14 hour days, learned anyone can run an LTL company, management is inept and uninformed, hostile work environment often confrontational, hardest part is working the outside dock and you can't feel your toes, most enjoyable part is not working there anymore
A very inviting experience
team driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 22, 2017
This trucking company, like so many others, was very much a closed community and difficult to socially integrate with, but the people were ALL polite and professional.
Pros
Great equipment, kind staff, comfortable lounges
Cons
Was bought out
Slave drivers
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXFebruary 17, 2017
They had a home away from home. Good about hometime. Pay is reasonable. Glad they had a management turnover because the old was ungrateful. They send their drivers to small docks and expect no scratches and dents on their equipment
Pros
Drivers terminals
Cons
Small docks
Nice job to have at times
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, IL 61834February 13, 2017
If you like extra board this is for you, but if you don't like knowing when your going to be called in, it is horrible. Good atmosphere to work in otherwise. You would be driving and working the dock, cold winters and got summers.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not knowing when you'll go to work
Manager
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I was a part of a good team. I met good people and the work was not hard. They try and do a lot of thing for the empolyees.
Cons
weekly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.