Con-way Employee Reviews

Boring and not enough interation with people
Administration and Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAApril 21, 2016
A typical work shift was spent on the computer entering bills. My typing and computer skills improved. The management played favoritism towards the mall. I enjoyed learning a new skill, but I need more interaction with people. I love helping people and talking. My coworkers were wonderful, best part of the job.
Would not reccommend
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 24, 2016
It was a good place to work, however the office is full of lies and so are the management. They are not upfront with anyone.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not Truthful to employees
Freight Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 15, 2016
Con-way is a good place to work. They compensate well and have a great benefit package. Good advancement opportunities and positive upper management.
Its an okay place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 25, 2016
A little slow paced but ok overall. Did not have a chance to work with management but never had a problem. They give very few hours which is a con and cut hours constantly
Good Enviroment
Freight Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 6, 2016
Great people to work with, fast paced environment with a accuracy to the job. Shipping items all around the country. Great people and great benefits.
Pros
Enviromet
Cons
Relocation
good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2016
good company, I loved working at Sysco until they hired new trans Director. just regular pencil pusher new nothing about truck driving. Always routing from computers no getting driver input.
Pros
employees
Cons
trans dir
For a big company, it was a great place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 26, 2016
I came back after 11 years, to my surprise a lot of the folks who I had worked with as CFI was still there. The way they operated seemed to be the same as it was with CFI. Con-way now known as XPO logistics they were not the reason why I left. My health was not up to D.O.T. requirements. If I was to go back to driving I would go back to XPO logistics. I did enjoy working there, I made good money.

I can say this if u are a student its not a bad company to start with.
you can learn a lot with XPO logistics truck load division spite what many would say you will never find the perfect company. There is no such thing, but XPO logistics strives to be the perfect company. They will have faults how ever, your gonna find that with any company.

Equipment, oh some of the nicest trucks your gonna find, and all set up for your comfort. 1500 watt inverters. Sirius XM radio, and good pulling trucks.

if your looking to drive a truck for XPO Logistics truckload division. your not making a bad choice. They were great for me and my family. I strongly urge you to apply and give them a chance.
Pros
good pay, good equipment
Cons
Cons are only what you cant handle.
T-Town Tools
Sr Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  LaSalle, IL 61301August 19, 2016
Great place to work lots of challenges,Meet new people every day co-workers were great easy to get along with,Just a really nice place
Pros
The hoildays off
Cons
some weekends
ok
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 23, 2016
they were good to work for as long as you deal with your dispatcher not larado dispatch that also does el paso. they do not care about you they just want to use you to do there dropped loads by teams.
Pros
ok
Cons
other than your normal dispatcher they do not care about you
nice
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJune 14, 2016
It was a productive logistics company, and I quit to become a truck driver. it was nice at first driving an hour back and fourth, then it became difficult for me. I left to further my training with Waukesha county technical college.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 3, 2016
This is hands down the best company to work for. This company cares about their employers. I would still be working there today had I not moved back to Virginia
A great company to work
QA/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 3, 2016
Enjoyed working at Conway with team members and manager. The work environment is amazing with good processes.The software department has many applications that is being supported by various IT employees.
Busy Work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 26, 2016
Cant really give an honest review of this company seeing as how i did not work there for very long. For what time i was there, it was a good paying and reliable place of employment.
No Home time, no raise in pay in three years
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 31, 2016
No raise in past in three years. Hard to get home when planed to be home. To early or to late never when planed. Not enought home time.
Warehouse
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2016
Good Company to work for. Able to learn a lot from Co-Workers and Supervisor. I would love to work for them again.

Good Benefits for employees.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
Lay offs
Decent pay, sucks to work for
Certified Dock Labor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 22, 2016
Management doesn't care or listen to drivers and. They only worry about whats best for themselves. A lot of issues start with them, and they don't like it when someone tells them so. if you want a family life, forget it. the hours that you have to put in to make a living don't allow any room for that. They always talk about safety this and that, but really its all about getting the job done fast and doesn't matter if its safe.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
benefits used to be great, but are sub par now
Productive usuallly have work to do on a daily basis.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 13, 2016
Overall a fair place to work in comparison to other companies and some similarities.A very demanding career and you will always be learning something new,for as things are always changing.
Typical Logistics COmpany
City/Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMay 6, 2016
Con-Way is a typical logistics company. There are good days and bad. My overall experience was positive......the management had strict deadlines, as many jobs do and this could cause very difficult confrontations.
con way
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 6, 2016
cfi is what con way bought i was with them for 7 months they fired me saying i used to much fuel i dont under stand the meaning of that one for it being aq trucking company
Pros
good miles
Cons
needs better mgmt
na
Dock Worker/ Loader (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 20, 2016
Easy work on the forklift all day aslo not climate controlled at all. Fast paced environment so i dont really recommend if your not into that

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.