Con-way Employee Reviews

Slave drivers
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXFebruary 17, 2017
They had a home away from home. Good about hometime. Pay is reasonable. Glad they had a management turnover because the old was ungrateful. They send their drivers to small docks and expect no scratches and dents on their equipment
Pros
Drivers terminals
Cons
Small docks
Nice job to have at times
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, IL 61834February 13, 2017
If you like extra board this is for you, but if you don't like knowing when your going to be called in, it is horrible. Good atmosphere to work in otherwise. You would be driving and working the dock, cold winters and got summers.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not knowing when you'll go to work
Manager
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I was a part of a good team. I met good people and the work was not hard. They try and do a lot of thing for the empolyees.
Cons
weekly pay
Great people, horrible job
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNFebruary 7, 2017
I managed at the Minneapolis Terminal for 6 years. Started out on 2nd shift, working from 2pm to midnight (sometimes longer). Put in a year and moved to days, working Tuesday thru Saturday, another thankless position. Eventually moved to Morning shift, 330 am to 2pm. Do the math before you apply, as its the land of broken promises. Work\life balance is non-existent! This is a great job for a single person with no kids. They will work you to the bone, then tell you didn't work hard enough.

Dock life......Expect to freeze your butt off in the winter time, and sweat thru your clothes in the summer time. The use of a desk for paperwork is never available, and plan on picking up after the shift before you. Continuous haz mat spills will keep you plenty busy, as well as daily meetings on how to fasten your seat belt. The dock can be a very dangerous place, with 50 plus forklifts flying around. (take out extra life insurance).

The only real positive that came out of Conway for me was my 401, and a few friends I made along the way.
Pros
Personal relationships
Productive fun workplace with a pingpong table
Senior Logistics Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2017
Enjoyable work environment to show up to every day. It was an extremely positive and fun place to work until XPO bought out Con-way. Everything changed. Very unfortunate, but part of corporate life. I'm confident in my skills, and just looking for the best match.
Horrible Co.
City Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2017
Was hired as a City Driver, but, for the 4 mo's that I worked there, I went out in the city maybe 5 times, the other time was spent on the dock. Often I wasn't able to work a full 8 hours. It was one of the worst companies I've ever worked at.
Pros
There are none
pretty much modern day slavery
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
this company lives and breathes off of micro management. every single small occurance & your threatned with unfair write ups and suspensions.
Laid back atmosphere great team
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2017
The company structure was team based, management actively tries to make sure all employees are well taken care for and able to perform the job at the best of ones ability.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
Accuracy is critical with little room for errors
nice place
Cert..Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2017
pulled freight off trucks with forklift and wrapped put it in order the day was very busy and trucks ran in per amount of product .And there where a lot of business but it was a temp job so when freight was low we where sent home
Pros
nice hours and benefits
Cons
short term
Good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILJanuary 15, 2017
Loved running on the forklift all day and night just didn't like how it wasn't full time was part time forever and wish it payed a little bit better .
People are nice
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 13, 2017
The people you work with for the most part are great, but the inability for the company to give you the proper tools to do your job is beyond annoying.
steady work
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, KSJanuary 12, 2017
it is a steady job but not great pay and benefits are sub par. its very long days but there some good things about Conway. you can learn how to drive a truck through them. they will help get a cdl
Pros
weekends off and holidays paid
Cons
very cold on their dock in winter, you are required to work the dock
Con-way had a 110% turnover rate.
Senior Supplier Relationship Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2017
I would not recommend Con-way. I am not surprised they were bought out by XPO Logistics. Con-way embraced employees of hateful natures. Disrespect and sub-par skills were the standard. Most days were spent trying to circumvent sabotage of peers and manager. Spent many nights and weekends completing positive work without indignant interruptions.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Abusive and incompetent management
Personnel were professional with a good attitude.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIJanuary 11, 2017
This was a nice company to learn city driving. Good attitudes from staff and drivers. Office worked well with the drivers. The customers appreciated our service.
Pros
Nice Company
Cons
Took a long time to get a bid run
a lot of changes
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
new company going down hill. After the buy out by XPO the old conway is gone and never coming back.Never know what the goals will be week from week or if you will have a job the next day.
benefits
great part time job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 30, 2016
typical day was going in early AM get on a hilo, do inspection of hilo.
Then i was in charge of getting freight over from staged trailers to the trailers that were supposed to go.Management was not great but not terrible, some of the guys in management were decent people.Coworkers made the day fun, always laughing. hardest part was had loading or unloading trailers.I really enjoyed the guys i worked with .
Pros
people i worked with, never a dull moment!!!
Cons
pay, hours, no benefits
Fun hard work lots of miles
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 29, 2016
Love this company great people great miles great trucks fast fixes and tires all mostly new life was good at this company i recamend anyone to go to this company if they want a great life
Driver (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 22, 2016
Con-way was a great place to work! I loved having my own truck, and I loved going to the Laredo (TX) facility. With Con-way, I drove to nearly all 48 states, in a 10 month period. I highly recommend Con-way as a place of employment.
Its a job..
Professional Truck Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 21, 2016
Excellent pay once you are out of the training periods required for all new hire employees. Poor management however they tend to leave you alone if you do your job properly. No home life, they rarely can get you home on the days you request.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
poor management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 13, 2016
I did many different roles including customer service, dispatching drivers and figuring out where lost freight belonged. I learned more keyboarding skills as well as billing for the company. My coworkers were amazing and always willing to go the extra mile for the team and the customer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours got switched without notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.