CON EDISON

CON EDISON Employer Reviews

Quality Analyst
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), New York NY, New Jersey NJ, DEJuly 2, 2014
The jobs contained in Indeed’s search results, or linked from those results, are created by people over whom Indeed exercises no control. You acknowledge and understand that we have no control for the content of the job listings or other information posted therein. Indeed’s job search results are indexed in an automated manner and Indeed does not screen – more... these jobs. We cannot confirm that users or employers are who they claim to be. Indeed assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability, for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any job listing, information, or web site that is either included in Indeed’s search results or linked to by the Website. – less
Great Company
SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Con Edison is a great company to work for. Competitive salary and good benefits. Job security is excellent.
Very family centered work environment
Meter Reader (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
Pros: you meet alot of good people.
Cons: like all jobs, there is always a con. the con with this job was some of the bad places i've been into.
My first real job that I ever had. Everything was great about it. Except for managment. When your making good money, people start to believe that they diserve to be worshiped.
Productive and fun workplace.
Java Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2014
Learned new things and the co-workers are so cool and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting new projects and teamwork processes, and performance outcomes.
Low morals and no values
Stock Handler (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: slim chance of growth in company
This is a very easy job to do but they have no values. This is truly a company that your success is based on who you know. Seniority plays a very big role as well. They say if you have no seniority just follow suit with what others do and you will keep your job even if what they do is wrong. Management is awful but I guess that is solely because they – more... have no union cover. The pay is excellent and the benefits are okay. You get a set schedule and it is hard to change and you only get a set amount of vacation days in which people with seniority get first pick which means you have to work every holiday but good thing about that is you get paid double time and a half. – less
con ed great job
Meter Reader (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: amazing company
Cons: no cons
love this job.amazing job.great job.wish i could work here again loved con ed.great company.
Productive learning environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: short breaks for contractors/temps
Great company to work for if your a permanent employee. Helpful & friendly staff. Permanent employees have amazing benefits not to mention plenty of room for advancement.
Productive and fun workplace
Chief High Voltage Lineman (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
overhead distribution system. Learned something new everyday. Management let the crew run the job. Hardest part of the job was hand digging for poles.
productive and fun with my fellow workers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2013
Working at ConEdison was always pleasent to go to ,we learned about electric and gas ,you had an opportunity to buy stock have a 401k and a pention when you were ready to retire .If you wanted to become managment the opportunity was there.my co-workers was allways there to help if it was needed.The hardest part of the job was my partner and I had to – more... turn the customers electric off because they couldn't pay the bill and didn't want help.The most enjoyable part of the job when we had a dance to go to because someone was retireing or we would get together and go out for dinner. – less
Excellent place to work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not my career path
Excellent family place to work. It has great benefits and great pay. Only reason why I would leave them is because it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life.
A learning and productive job
Flagger (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYApril 26, 2013
Pros: flexable hours and great pay
Cons: parttime and no benefits
Enjoyed learning and working as a flagger, being shown how to stop or slow down the vehicles when needed. My co-workers was very nice and patient they showed me what I needed to know and how to go about it. I am a quick learner so it was a good experience. It was a very good part time job for me.
small good company
Temporary Hurricane Recovery Help, Laborer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2013
workers are great and management are easy going people just get all your work done and you will be on their good side
Busy and intense workload on a daily basis
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NyFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: great pay, room to grow
Cons: cut throat, favoritism among management
Con Edison was a great company to work for. Being the main electric and gas provider to the 5 boroughs made the job feel very important. There were at the very least 100 calls to be taken per day. They ranged from bill payments to regular account troubleshooting. The hardest part of the job was telling a customer who was going through a rough time that – more... I was no able to grant an extension or any other assistance due to the amount of delinquencies on the account. On the flip side one of the most enjoyable parts were when i was able to help a needy customer keep their lights or gas services on by granting any of the many helpful ways to keep service running. – less
My experiences at Con Edison
PROJECT MANAGER/MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: great pay, free traning, giid benefits
Cons: 25 years to be eligible for 5 weeks of vacation, can't carry over your vacation from one year to the next
A typical day at work for me was a 6:30am and 1:30 pm meeting to briefing upper management on the progress of my assignment. I also consult with other departments on where their are in their progress. I Set up bid walks, write requisitions and process them in a data base. I also reviewed and approved invoices for payment.

Things I learned: To always – more... seek and accept responsibility, I learned team work, I learned that open communication is very important among co workers, to always have a plan and work that plan well. to improve continuously and to always celebrate success.

I was part of management.The moral among management was low.

The most challenging part of the job not having enough time in the day to get it all done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, completing a project and everyone especially the boss is happy. – less
The place where people never quit!
Contract Employee, Sr. Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Rye, NYJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: generous benefits, great cameradie.
Cons: stressful in keeping up with the demands of the public at large.
Coned employees commence their workday before most companies do, extending overtime as becomes necessary when emergencies (power outages/storms/trees downed/floods, etc.) arise. Customer service is perhaps the most highly regarded aspect of everyone's job performance. It is ultimately that dedication that contributes to negative opinions from the general – more... public, e.g. observing sleeping employees in trucks- not realizing how many hours were spent in restoration of public services. – less
Excellent
Electrical Engineer / Senior Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2012
Excellent place to work with highly experienced workers. Con Edison also has a learing center thats keeps their employees up to date on construction, engineering snd safety trends.
Con Edison was a very good place to work and grow.
customer service rep (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: helping customer attain sevices
Cons: hostile customer
The day at this job was all about the customer. Once you had a customer you would asssit them with any problem they had with there bill or any ajustment need on the account.The hardest part of the job was rebudgeting the accopunt. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping the customer. My co-workers were good people.
Very hard work atmosphere but doable.
Mechanic (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2012
Pros: stability
Cons: strenuous hours that keeps workers away from their family
Con Edison is a stable company with decent treatment of their workers. Provide their workers with a comfort level that allows people to work their for many years and create a career for themselves.
Productive and easy going enviornment
Engineering Aide (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 5, 2012
Pros: friendly work expierence
Handled any tasks the project manager assigned. Most tasks included creating documents and excel sheets of power plant upgrades, order upgraded parts from vendors, and pick up and deliver ordered parts to correct department.
Productive work place
Customer Service (Current Employee), New york, NYApril 22, 2012
Pros: company events
Cons: not many hours available
its a very busy and fast paced work environment.
helping customers is number 1
being empathetic is key to this job.

About CON EDISON

Consolidated Edison Company of New York (Con Edison of New York) keeps the nightlife pulsing in The Big Apple. The utility, a – Read more