Con Edison Employee Reviews

Productive and great career advancement
Systems Analyst (Developer) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Great for electrical, chemical or mechanical engineers. Lots of growth for opportunity and plenty of benefits. High paying salaries and quick to move up.
Good company to work for. Safety oriented.
Sr. Distribution Electrical Tech. (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYSeptember 15, 2017
I feel very fortunate to have worked for Con Edison for 44 years. My son has been employed now at CE for 12 years. The job training & safety training is the best around.
Pros
Good salaries, good benefits, job security
Cons
Strict rules.
Management is cut-throat but pay is good.
Commercial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
I worked for Con Edison in NY, The company changed to a cut-throat operation. You are especially targeted if you are in the union. Employees with more than 20 years are especially targeted for termination since those employees almost have a full pension. The union is weak and has limited resources to defend you. The job gives good pay and benefits if you can hold on to it. If working for this company it is better to go for a Management position since you at least get can get a bonus for hard work.
Part-time for 2 years
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2017
Have to wait a minimum of 2 years for full time. Enviroment is great, people there are really nice. Management refuse to take responsibility of supervisor calls.
excellent paid internships
Internship as an Analyst Aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
Excellent paid internship, although an intern will have little to no responsibility the compensation is good. No reimbursement for travel/commute expenses.
Not stressful, busy and we can have a radio at our desks.
Gas Operations-Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
A typical day would consist of entering fuse sheets that has errors on them and I would have to get in contact with the inspectors or supervisors to get the correct information. Then it turns out smoothly...sometimes.

I have learned my job very well by paying attention to my surroundings, getting to know the people I interact with and asking questions. I know a lot about Gas Operations,the purpose of different pipe sizes and the different pipe materials that have to go into the ground, why pipes have to be changed. I have learned different programs that will help me in the future.Patience...

Management are a pretty swell group of people. I have a great relationship with my manager. There really isn't a hard part of the job because you learn as you go and become accustomed to the work. One thing is when a worker repeats the same errors on the sheets I have to work from.

I really enjoy when a worker actually paid attention to their previous mistakes by not repeating the same mistakes. I will call and tell them they have done a wonderful job and that makes them happy! Emailing and calling workers on a daily basis has gotten to become a relaxed communicational spirit between us. I enjoy it...but I am working at Con Edison through a contract and do not know when that will expire. I am seeking a Full-time position.
Pros
Breakfasts and Pizzas once in awhile.
Cons
Short breaks.
Workplace Culture
Electrician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
GREAT Organization to work for! The thing I liked the most is interacting with our customers. The company also promotes advancement among their employee.
Not what was advertised.
Application Developer / Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2017
I was hired as an ASP.NET developer. In my time at Con Edison, I did not get a single assignment that had anything to do with ASP.NET.

From Day One, it looked like the management had no idea why they hired me.
Pros
Work-life balance, good people.
Cons
Politics, having to punch the clock.
okay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2017
they were cool not many hours but i met some nice people the job itself wasnt alot to handle just wish there was more to do also they can help with what you need
Broad spectrum of opportunities
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 2, 2017
Was a great company when i first started but has changed dramatically. Depending on one's education level and wirk ethic it can be a place to gain valuable experience but comes with many challenges.
management and union cultures are strange
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2017
Management employees are careful with Union employees. Union employees feel that they should have equity in outcome. Within management, it is bureaucratic but there are a number of capable and intelligent people to work with. Within Union there are also people who are intelligent and work hard. However, the culture is just a bit odd.
excellent learning experience.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 24, 2017
I've met a lot of interesting people. I was also able to see some great homes filled with vintage and antique items. worked during all weather conditions.
Pros
bonuses, incentives
Cons
short breaks, lack of management.
Great place fillesd with opportunites
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2017
Good Never felt overpressured people are very productive and in my time being there they never were bashful of any mistake that i may have made and gave me a great opportunity.
Great place to work and learn from
Co-op Internship (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2017
Con Edison is a great company to work for. The work environment is great and management is very friendly. Employees are willing to help and answer technical questions.
Pros
Great company to start your career from
Cons
Needs new generation engineers
Rewarding place to work with many promotional opportunities.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, Brooklyn, and Westchester NYMarch 15, 2017
I started in construction and worked my way to the highest Customer Service title available. It was a remarkable experience and I enjoyed every day that I worked for Con Edison. I retired after working for them 36 years at the age of 55. You could not find a better place to work for safety and professionalism.
Pros
Great work environment.
Great job. Outdoors work
Worksite Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
I enjoy being a parking attendant for Con Edison. I meet alot of nice people during all times of the day. This job is very great to make some quick cash.
Great Employee Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 22, 2017
The company gives its employees lots of opportunities to improve and move up, very diverse environment. Co workers do their best to make you feel comfortable and apart of the team
Pros
Lots of opportunities to move up if qualified
Cons
Short breaks as a customer service rep
Needs an Update
Analyst Aide Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
It's a workplace that seems like everything has been done the same way for decades. Software that is used is outdated, but if it's not broken, there's no need to fix it. Everything is still handled as paperwork, so there's a lot of redundant work that seems unnecessary. Expect to see crates filled with payment information that no one is going to look at until some minor dispute comes up with a contractor over pipe installation work that was done ten years ago.
Pros
relaxed work environment for most of the time until things get heated at various points, (mostly dependent on when the manager gets grilled by his manager), people seem to take long lunches
Cons
repetitive, there really needs to be a revision in the workflow
Happy working with my company
Senior Sales Force Developer / Admin (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I worked as a salesforce develoepr. I learned a lot in from our company. Its a very good work place
Our management is very good, Helping each other.
Great place for a career; family setting
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day at Con Ed is always a productive one, due to it demand from all of the five boroughs of New York. I've learned so much, especially about problem resolution with a smile. As for the management, the focus is on making the customers happy with diligent productivity. The hardest part about the job was sometimes being overwhelmed with work, but it was also a positive thing as well by making the day go by fast. The most enjoyable part of the day was the family built by great teamwork.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Workloads tend to get overwhelming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con Edison. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2