The Site Operator (West) is responsible for the on-site generation of renewable energy at all plants in CED’s West portfolio. The candidate will be responsible for operating, maintaining and monitoring renewable energy assets (wind, solar, etc.) and energy infrastructure projects through close collaboration with Con Edison Development's operators, engineers, asset managers, project managers and developers as well as on-site subcontractors.
The candidate will be responsible for the daily operation, planned and corrective maintenance, and event response for CED assets in the West region. The candidate will be responsible for operating one or more plants (home base), as well as overseeing all operations, maintenance, and event responses at the other plants in the region. The candidate will furthermore be responsible for ensuring all operations and maintenance activities in the region are performed in accordance with industry best practices, industry best safety practices, ConEdison Development procedures, plans, and guidelines as well as all pertinent laws and regulations.
1. Plant Operations – Oversee production of renewable energy at all plants in a particular region, ensuring that plants operate within design parameters in a reliable, safe and efficient manner. Monitor production to ensure plants are meeting performance expectations. Coordinate and resolve operational abnormalities.
2. Plant Maintenance – Supervise and coordinate maintenance and repair of plant components; troubleshoot and resolve problems that may arise. Perform preventive/predictive maintenance to ensure long term profitability, plant reliability and risk minimization.
3. Technical Support – Perform operational analysis as required to support Asset Management and Project Development. Create,review and distribute daily, weekly and monthly operational reports.
4. Technical Expertise – Stay abreast of regulations, codes and standards as they relate to the industry. Develop relationships with suppliers that result in beneficial synergies.
5. General – Manage contractors as required, act as local CED liaison, develop long range plans and work with local civic groups as required.
- Electrical engineering degree preferred
- Licensed Electrician
- 2-5 years experience in a related renewable energy field, with direct expertise in electrical engineering preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in power plant/ high voltage substation operations environment
- Prior experience with power generation, renewable and gas facilities is a plus
- High voltage testing experience is a plus
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus
- Excellent technical, analytical and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of power electronics and circuitry
- Knowledge of power generation equipment and technologies
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance technologies
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Driver’s license required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.