Conagra Brands Employee Reviews

Bad place to work.
Warehouse Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 16, 2017
The work you like a dog for 6 months a year and lay you off for the other 6. Also a union that just keeps all the lazy old employees. I was better worker than most people in my dept, I get laid off and all the worthless don't thanks to you the union.
Supportive Management
Director, Information Systems & Services (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2017
The company and management was very open at the time to move people around and help them learn and develop. It was a fast paced environment but yet the work-life balance was very reasonable.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
not as flexible at the time to accommodate remote workers
Interesting work
Technical Business Office - Administration (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2017
I did not work for "ConAgra Brands" I worked for "ConAgra Foods". Found my job to be very interesting, loved the fast pace. Every team oriented.....most team members were awesome...then of course the few bad apples!
I enjoyed this job!
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 9, 2017
I LOVE IT HERE! I actually can go through labor works to work here to better my chances to become a worker. I love the fast pace work, switching stations & being able to relax afterward by switching to a chill area.
Pros
Chill people, cool job & pay is good as well
Cons
N/a
Productive company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The chance for job advancement was available is you wanted to move up. The work environment was good and the people were good to help each out if needed.
Good people, good pay
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNAugust 9, 2017
ConAgra is a company that is willing to pay what it takes to get some of the best people. They do a good job with the overall curture. They also offer different types of programs and support a worklife balance.
Pros
conpensation, work schedule
Cons
advancement opportunities are limited unless you relocate
Workplace Experience
Class b mechanic/ boiler operator/waste water (Current Employee) –  Milton, PAAugust 9, 2017
The training and experience here has been a huge help at safely maintaining and operating boilers. Anywhere from operating to disassembly of boilers for inspections.
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 7, 2017
ConAgra was one of the best jobs I have had and I hate that I quit. The job is easy the pay is good and the people are nice. Working in the smokehouse was my favorite job.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Learned a lot about Accounts Payable. Paved a great path to follow to a management position.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 30, 2017
Good company to work for. Unfortunatley, I got caught up in a Company reorg and the Finance Administrator hired a person from Chicago that used to work for her.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No time for lunches or breaks.
great place to work and be considered for a promotion
General Laborer, Plate Freezer Lead man Operator (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 27, 2017
ConAgra offer opportunities to cross train in various job position. The employer promotes from within. You work with people from many different cultures. They offer discounts and scholarships for employees and their family.
Pros
Promotions from within company, scholarhips and competative pay.
Cons
Sometimes the hours are not the best.
Heartless organization
Vice President - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 27, 2017
They continue to buy and ruin companies; closing factories, releasing good people and trying to promote a fake culture of caring. Although I'm sure they don't think this, they are continually working to add new brands and channels without the focus, understanding or resources to manage.
Pros
They pay well
Cons
Numerous - culture, results, bureaucracy, direction, leadership.
productive
Contract Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2017
a decent place to work opportunity for growth and advancement.

Conagra Foods equal opportunity employer. Excellent benefits and discounts for employees.
Pros
company store
Its alright
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAJuly 19, 2017
its ok Upper management never has a clue about what middle management really does,some middle management are ok some are your enemies.Not too bad though
Pros
Stability
Cons
Favoritism
very hot place in the summer
Bag operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2017
this job was one of my least favorite, you would go in thinking your working 8 hours but if they dont have enough orders they send you home. it gets really hot in the summer
Production Worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNJuly 18, 2017
Fast paced environment. Was a great job. People were great to work with. Only thing was hours would fluctuate. Enjoyed being there but needed steady hours.
lots of hours
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAJuly 13, 2017
management is terrible no one knows what's going on people that work hard are unappreciated. HR department is a joke they take forever to process any paper work
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
everything else
Mandatory Overtime/Good Pay/ work-life balance struggle
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 30, 2017
Does pay well. Job not bad, but very demanding and a lot of cross training involved. Interesting work. Not enough people so when people out STD, call in, etc...then you have to work overtime (a lot). Made a lot of money out of overtime, but was worn out going home. They do have nice perks, but management always on edge and just trying to hang on themselves.
Pros
Overtime pay benefits
Cons
too much overtime/ wear out intelligent workers
Production
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 30, 2017
Long hours, great people but closed down. Started out great then they closed the doors with no knowledge.Co workers were great and many friends there. Union was a joke, all they did was whine and complain.If they ever opened up I would go back in a second. Many opportunities to grow and many hours available. But not a place to work if you want a family life because tons of overtime.
Pleasant company to work for. Enjoyable duties.
Warehouser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2017
This was a full-time position with good hours. Co-workers were pleasant and management was open to new ideas. Job duties were enjoyable and training was offered. They conducted meetings weekly to update employees of anything new with company policy or guidelines.
Pros
Rewards for accident free months
Cons
Hours were very early
I worked there a crazy long time
Systems and Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2017
I was a Linux Admin (SuSe). We were low end in that there were a lot of interns. However we also had some cool stuff. Apache, no nginx or haproxy. THey replaced a LOT of experienced people with under-skilled staff. I was pretty much the web expert there. Some bash scripting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conagra Brands. Our community is ready to answer.