ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 18, 2016
Great opportunities for career development, always enthusiastic about skills development, training, safety, and continuous improvements. Great hourly and salary wages.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
extended production runs when neccessary
Very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMay 15, 2016
Hard work production. Safety, data entry, and team work. Management was challenging at times. Trying to make production. When the line made production.
Pros
exellent benefits
Cons
Sometime we have to wait to get work
love my microbiology job just wish I felt more secure in my employment
Microbiology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAApril 29, 2016
Times have changed and no longer secure in my employment. 24 years at this production facility, have seen many changes and have been involved in many changes over the years. Hardest part of the job is not knowing from day to day if your employment will continue.
Love to do microbiology work and am very knowledgeable in all aspects of food manufacturing
Pros
ability to work with others and involvement in decision making
Cons
unstable job security
The people that work here are good caring people.
QUALITY INCOMING INGREDIENT INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Troy, OhioApril 28, 2016
I enjoy the job that I do but there is not enough team work in the department not enough supervision. They work in cliques.

The hardest part of my job is going outside when it is very cold out and standing for lengthy amounts of time.

The most enjoyable is talking with the people out on the production line.
Pros
incentives for safety, rewards and lunches
Cons
Insurance for Salary is not very good
canning facility
Quality Assurance Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MOApril 22, 2016
long hours for days at a time. facility is closing in 2 years. has 3 production lines that produce a variety of canned meat and cheese products.
Regular day
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 21, 2016
Overall, it was a good place to work with good benefits. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the management was good and well organized.
Untrustworthy
System Administrator /Sr. Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 19, 2016
I wouldn't recommend working for this organization. Even though they say they care about their people, they really don't. If you want to become nothing more than a number in an organization, this is the place to work.
Pros
Good Pay, OK benefits
Cons
Unstable
The outlook for ConAgra's future is very uncertain right now.
Finance Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2016
ConAgra is going through a lot of changes right now. Many long term employees are being let go due to restructuring. A typical day starts anytime between 7 am and 8 am. Flexible hours are possible. Managers need to be more consistent between employees and departments.
Pros
Casual dress, Summer hours (must work a total of 40 hours to leave at 1 pm on Fridays)
Cons
Management is inconsistent, way too many Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers, uncertain future
productive and fun place to work at
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Helm, CAApril 13, 2016
We were like a family there. I learned a lot in the tomato industry. The hardest part of the job was that we hardly sat down. we helped each other a lot and I enjoyed communicating with everyone the results and enjoying potlucks
Pros
lunch time was a good 1 hour
Cons
Job required standing all 8 hours
Loved greeting people
RECEPTIONIST/SCANNER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
While working for Conagra I was able to wear many hats. I scanned, filed, sent & received mail. Was the part time receptionist which allowed me to interact with Customers, Administration and other employees. The management always had an open door which made employees feel like family.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Closed their doors in Tampa :(
Work life balance
Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 12, 2016
Safety #1, great people to work with, communication, training. Great food products - new products. New Product launches - communication, colloraboration between departments - team involvement
Pros
vacations
Cons
insurance expensive
Changing company with good opportunities.
Director of Category Strategy (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 7, 2016
Enjoyed my time at ConAgra Foods. Was able to leverage my expertise throughout their operating pillars and learn in the process. A good employer for anyone's career.
I loved it until all the changes happened
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 2, 2016
The culture there is amazing. Hard to beat coming to work happy to be there, but once the new CEO took over and rumors started flying around, that all changed. I loved our small department, but once the changes started happening our whole team fell apart. I would say the company is ran like any other company its size-competitively. I don't regret my time there and will look for other opportunities to work with a company similar to this, I just strongly disliked the management and how reviews were conducted.
Pros
nice work life balance, great pay
Cons
too many secrets, job insecurity, too many changes
Management keeps changing
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, CAApril 1, 2016
Good teammates there we work good except for management. They are hard to figure out, keep workers in the dark until the last minute then change there plan over.
good company but tuff place to work
Manager of Operations & Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2016
Tuff place to work and feel good about what you are doing. It is difficult to navigate the political waters and no one has a feeling of job security.
ConAgra Foods
BUSINESS ANALYST - SAP IMPLEMENTATION ROLLOUT TEAM (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2016
Working with the SAP Roll-out team 32 members on the team, was a great team from management to other employees. Working daily to complete SAP Implementation different task daily, after implementation giving support to plants.
Pros
Great Campus
Cons
Healthcare
asadf;lkj
Team Leader, Quality (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2016
This is a great place to work. I learned a lot about food safety and its importance in the manufacturing environment. I see that the 20 word minimum is not really 20 words so I'm continuing to type.
Productive Laboratory that provided accurate data
Senior Chemist - Research, Quality, and Innovation (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2016
I oversaw the quality function of our analytical laboratory and was able to work in a fun, productive environment. Management changes and job layoffs have made it very challenging the last year.
Pros
Beautiful facility and nice work environment.
Cons
Corporate office moving to Chicago and loss of jobs in R & D.
very fast paced environment with a great group of co-workers
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boardman, ORMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy my work place and the people that I work with each day, everyday has new tasks that generally are pretty easy to tackle then there are days that things can be a bit more hectic than others these days are the ones I enjoy most because they are more of a challenge.
Productive and fun place to work
LAB TECH (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNMarch 16, 2016
Checked product for any defects of any kind quality processes and issues to look for friendly co-workers clean up and jams in the lines
Pros
FREE FOOD, GOOD BREAKS, FRIENDLY CO-WORKERS