ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews

It's a factory for food production
Accounts Receivable Clerk / Company Safety Team (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJune 11, 2015
Pros: Work alone
Cons: Heavy data entry
Responsible daily for all in-coming orders generated by appointment and referring them to a team who unloads and provides you with a written confirmation of where the product is stored for usage. You must than inter the location on the internal computer system and update corporate with an on-line system which monitors inventory.
Productive workplace
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2015
Pros: Open workplace
A typcial day work was busy. I learned what the training process entailed. I enjoyed the independence to work. The most enjoyable part was coordinating the training sessions.
Ups and Downs
Maintenance Team Lead (Current Employee), Ripon, WIJune 7, 2015
It has been a largely pleasant experience working for ConAgra. They have been good to me personally though recently I have had some issues with their policies.
Lead, Cortina (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJune 6, 2015
Pros: Work schedule, ability to move up within the company.
Cons: Management
ConAgra Foods is an excellent place if you would like to work up within a company. There is always growth, and the ability to apply yourself to something new. The only complaint I would have is that to grow you need to apply yourself. There is no handout, team members who want the opportunity are given it based on experience and the ability to do said task.
decent place to work
Lead Line Mechanic (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJune 5, 2015
company is slowing down a bit but always work to be done. pay is competitive and plenty of overtime. plenty of good people to work with.
hard place to be
Maintenance Mechanic/ Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee), Ripon, WIJune 5, 2015
Management seems to be the biggest problem here. (too many chiefs. Poor leadership and management. the wave is felt on the production floor and brings morale down to zero.
Interesting work environment
Lead, Cortina (Current Employee), Russellville, ARMay 29, 2015
I was able to move up quick in this company. I learned how to deal with stressful events. With this being a union facility I also learned how to deal with the Union.
Mostly a great place to work!
Team Leader (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great campus, great people (mostly), lots of company bennies (like on-site company store, wellness programs, etc.)
Cons: Only con for me was the drive downtown every day - and only because I live in West Omaha.
Lots of benefits to working at ConAgra. Would go back in a second if the opportunity presented itself. Culture was, in general, great and they mostly walk the walk of what they say about their culture.
Great
Group Manager of Production (Current Employee), Princeton, KYMay 17, 2015
Good place to work, I recommend it. Good co workers, I have learned a lot. Hardest part is moving up in the company. Couldn't ask for better management
Fun place,open work enviroment.
Production Worker / Sanitation (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good pay good hours friendlypeople.
Cons: Short breaks, language barries.
prepare my area with a mat and stock products made sure area clean and safe started to place lids on pies while visually inspected pies for quality standards help coworker with lids or relieve them for break talk to team leader about production try to communicate with some coworkers but there is a language barries then rotate to new job to learn new skills.
worst managment ever
Corporate position (Current Employee), OmahaMay 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: the people you work for
Worst management I have ever had the displeasure of working with. The entire company is siloed and everyone is trying to cover their own butts. If you take your lunch or leave on time you are wrong. They have to pay well and give decent benefits or anyone with a brain in their head would run.
Fun job and wonderful co-workers.
Factory Worker (Current Employee), Humboldt, TNMay 11, 2015
Pros: Having someone help you with the job, the friendly people you work with.
Cons: Standing in the same spot while working
Working at Conagra is very fast pace, fun, and enjoyable. I've learned different techniques on how i could finish the job. My co-workers are amazing, very friendly people willing to give you advice on how to be a better worker. And the hardest part of my job is standing in one place most of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing everyone accomplish something at the end of the day.
Focused around safety
Production Technician (Former Employee), Pasco, WAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits and pay is good
Cons: Management needs help communicating, co workers lost interest in job
Overall a good place to work. Would be better if there was better communication between management and hourly workers. worst part of the job is that it doesn't have much fulfillment so most people lose interest and just show up to the job for a pay check.
Quality Food Production
Production Line Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Batesville, ARMay 8, 2015
Pros: We always got fried chicken on Fridays' we fried chincen
Cons: Long hours at first no time off
Factory type work hard work but good benefits and pay. Fast pace and good friends to work with. got laid-off. Went back to school.
A lot of opportunity for development long hours
Team Lead/Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Ogden, UtMay 7, 2015
Pros: Very Good health benefits and great comprehensive benefits package all around
Cons: high expectations with not all the resources you need, expectations are higher for some over others
Lot of opportunity for extra hours. Good higher management. Do not hire people quickly enough or frequently enough causing a lot of strain on teams.
hard work but good money
procuction/sanitaiton (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMay 6, 2015
Pros: wages and insurance
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working here. The pay was fantastic. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I enjoyed working overtime because it helped me in a big way financially. The work was sometimes hard. In production there was a lot to remember and a lot of heavy lifting. Sanitation was very hot.
Good hours
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Garner, NCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Always improving on safety at the plant.
Cons: Extreme climate enviroments.
There were 10 hour shifts at the plant. Four days on and three off. There was also opportunity for overtime available. There were extreme temperature environments that you had to adjust to. I could go from 32 degree temperature into 100+ degree temperatures in the same minute because of the meat product we worked with. So if you are bundled up for the cold and have to go to the warmer temp environment it can be very uncomfortable. Most of the folks were easy to work with. But I think that the extreme temperatures caused some employees to be more irritable than they would probably normally be. Management usually stayed away and allowed the Team Leads to handle the floor supervision. Supervisors only did a walk through. I would say the hardest part was adjusting to the environment change. I enjoyed being able to work without someone micro-managing my every move.
Great and fun place to work
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 24, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: health care provide
My co-worker were great people to work with and be around. The hardest part of the job was nothing really the job was fairly easy.
productive
Production Line Leader (Current Employee), Quincy, MIApril 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: Shortbreaks
looking for part time work. Fri-Sun open to all job titles. use to working 7 days a week. use to fast paced production. Line assembly work.
Nice place to work at
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits and compensation
Cons: Hiring practices
The pay and benefits was very strong. Opportunities were a plentiful. But there was room for improvement from management and the way the company handled inter company hires.

About ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and – Read more

ConAgra Foods Salaries