ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews

i liked working there cause there was something new to do everyday
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJanuary 13, 2015
I worked morning there everyday my job would be different I worked in the onions sorting placing as they came out the machine. I also worked in the potatoes cutting the bad parts. I worked in packaging all items placing them in boxes taping so they could get ready to ship.i worked in the warehouse where I worked in shipping and receiving I loved working in warehouse its always fun fast paced that's what I like to do. my co-workers were all good people you don't talk much when working so its different. I think the hardest part about that job was working in the fryers so hot uncomfortable to breath u have to drink water every 15 min. I really enjoyed my time at conagra I would love to work for them again.
Pros
good breaks they brang us food at times good hours
Cons
n/a
About my work history and what I love to do
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 23, 2014
my typical day at work consisted of entering in customers info to complete there application and customer services answering all there question about the application or account. I have learned several different departments through my years with company. I m very muti tasker can do more than one project at a time. I like to different reports and new projects for managements and help out the team as much as I can. I work good in large groups and small groups settings. I work as a team to get my work done if is need also work good on my own as well. Hardest part about my job would be organized more because some time I have more than one report or project going on so I seem to be a bit scattered. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to all of the customers and helping them out. I love talking to them all and answering the questions about the application or accounts.
Pros
customers, co workers, benefits
Cons
410k, stocks
Great company with great product lines, Very enjoyable work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 27, 2012
My position was to provide top quality sales and service to several million dollar corporate grocery accounts throughout Wisconsin and Illinois. The postion required that I travel extensively so I was given a great company car for all my travel miles. I consistently exceeded quarterly sales goals and maximized my earnings through the company's incentive program. I successfully managed new product intro programs and rolled out the "Healthy Choice" line to the most successful launch in company history. Named Account Manager of the year in 1994. Received the Butterball Leadership Award for the Midwest Region in 1995. This was an extremely enjoyable position and I thoroughly enjoyed all the loyal relationships I had built up over the years!
Pros
great company, outstanding management team, enjoyable workplace.
Cons
travel, road miles, long hours.
Productive Envirnoment and a Great Organization
Logistics Coordinator (Load Planner) (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 2, 2012
My typical work day was to create shipments and tender to carriers, communicate with customer service and the warehouse. Expedited shipments and create multi-stop shipments.

I learned which mode of shipping is required for ConAgra Foods product via truckload, Refrigerator trailer, rail or intermodal.

Management was the best. The management team was open to suggestions, were willing to assist when needed and treated everyone equally.

Co-Workers were like a family from home. Willing to answer questions and share knowledge.

Hardest part of the job was being trained for 1 week and having to plan on my own after one week of training.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the closeness our department had and the williness to help one another.
Pros
being able to implement your own style
Cons
na
a good environmental place to work util the shut down
raw meat department (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 29, 2014
A typical day at con agra foods One day at con agra foods we ran out of batter for the hydrolyc foremax machine and a lot of us had to go and work in the freezer wich was very cold and some of us wasn't dressed to be working in the freezer.I learned to be prepared to work in any department nessary rather it is your own department or not because this happened more than one.The co-workers there seemed to be committed because we kept a full staff and they were good people to work with.The hardest part of the job I would say wasworking late and returning back to the job early in the mornings sometimes when needed.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a lot of overtime.
Pros
holiday gifts
Cons
short breaks
It was a nice place to work. Hated to see it close.
Machine Operator/ Forklift Operator/ Utility (Former Employee) –  Rossville, ILDecember 11, 2012
My day would start by starting up all the machines that I ran.
I learned lots of helpful jobs. Here are just a few: Forklift Certified, palletizer, depal, filler, capper, box former,gas house.
Our plant manager and his assistant were great. I enjoyed working for them.
My co-workers was a great bunch of people to work with, they were helpful.
The hardest part of my job was when we ran the polipacks. That added an extra job for me but I did it and still kept up.
Most enjoyable would be the dinners they would have for us to show they cared. It was great.
Pros
location, pay, and the people
Cons
con would be them closing, it was in the best location, seven miles from my home. winter never bothered me.
Lofthouse/ConAgra
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, utahSeptember 10, 2015
Constant overtime for months on end. New trainees last maybe a month, usually less - do to the hot and horrible work environment that your stuck in for 12 days straight & 12 hour shifts. in July of 2015, we only had two days off. Gone without many weekends for more than half the year then basically unemployed for 2-3 months during slow season. Good & hard work is left unnoticed. Favoritism there is one of their biggest problems. So if you are looking for a company that doesn't appreciate you, wears you out within the first two months from working you so much, and makes it impossible for you to move up in the company because of their ridiculous points system, then this is the company for you!
Pros
Cons
everything
Willing to consider new technologies where it fits a business need.
Systems and Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2013
Recently terminated. So I may be biased.
If you like strict change control and micro managing, this is the place for you.
Also must like to change managers every 6 months - 2 yrs.

On the positives they are getting more comfortable and proficient at using the Agile development methodologies where appropriate.

Moving most systems to VMware virtual environment.
Partnering with SAP on some new HANA SAP modules
Moving toward RAC for Oracle Databases.

May be "standard" now, but they start you with 3 weeks vacation.

ZOG - Zero Operations Growth for several years now, so it is getting more difficult to "do more with less".
Pros
some great technical people to work with
Cons
loyalty to the company is worth nothing.
Extreme work hours and 70% travel
Sales Manager Lightlife Natural Business (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 20, 2014
I cover the entire country for the natural channel. I am in the field 70% of the time calling on customers, distributors, working with my broker organization and doing market visits.

My last 7 years have been covering the entire country in many different positions. I have managed sales reps and/or brokers.

I like having the vary of the different customers in different parts of the country, I like to travel and working with a wide variety of people. I like management and helping to training people for the next level.

The hardest part of the job is finding enough hours in the day to get everything done on your list. Time management helps a lot in this area and I have become proficient at this, but there seems to always be something that does not get the deep dive you hope for.
Good Company to work for
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2014
• Responsible for processing over 50 Purchase Orders daily
• Coordinate with supplier and enterprise procurement to obtain and enter accurately Purchase Order information
• Collaborate with carriers to get delivery status information in timely manner
• Confirm delivery of loads at ConAgra facilities and ensure that statuses are correctly processed
• First point of contact for suppliers with load inquiries
• Maintain metric reporting for on time delivery and late pickup
• Created the Transportation Coordinators training guide
Customer Service Focused Job Duties
• Responded to incoming calls or inquiries from customers
• Responsible for receipt and reconciliation of payments
• Developed excellent working relationship with customers and co-workers
• Ensured quality customer service
• Provided assistance with problem solving and investigating issues
• Recorded and processed customer information
It was a fun and safe place to work in
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 20, 2015
Every day I came in, I went to the supervisor's office to take the orders and talked to my boss about the day's main activities. What was the daily news...etc. Then I went to the floor where I and my coworkers gathered every day to talk about our daily mission, safety, and newly orders. Then I went over attendance to see who showed up, and who did not, how many men and women I had at hand. And I came up with very quick plan, assigned jobs to my people. Then I let my people went to their work station. I went back to the supervisor's office to report to my boss all the fact about the day. If in case I need extra help hands, I also let him know. I went back to floor to help and excite my people to perform their daily tasks.
Pros
clean and safe place to work
Cons
the uncontrollable cost of health insurance
A Company with good intentions, but very poorly ran
Packaging Line/ Batcher/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Cranbury NJDecember 17, 2012
At a place like this, it was hard for me to find any enjoyment in my job. I have learned that when combining ingredients together, it's all about the consistency of the final product that makes all the difference.

My co-workers were always nice and friendly, and I wouldnt have changed them for the world, they helped me out when I needed, as I would return the favor.

The management was very very poor, They would tell me that I was doing an excellent job, even the plant manager, and days later, I was being told that I need to step my game up,and that they were not happy with my performance, but i never changed anything that i was doing on the job.
Great culture and Wonderful Family
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 3, 2015
I worked at ConAgra for many years across numerous channels/teams.

I learned the company strives to deliver results but everyone works as a team to achieve their targets.

Management works with me day in and day out to build a successful business plan to deliver our team targets. My coworkers were always there to lean on if I can questions about the business or best in class solutions.

The hardest part of the job was delivering strong results in some declining categories.

The most enjoyable part of the day was building relationships across all my retailers.
Pros
fun atmosphere, many free lunches, customer paid events
Cons
long hours, tough sales target
Good people & peers, more talk than action, senior management not trustworthy, and lack of good people developers.
RQI (Former Employee) –  OmahaOctober 6, 2014
Learnings are high due to breadth and scope of responsibilities per level tier (administrative, entry, engineers, managers, etc.). You cover a lot of ground very quickly with little time to learn & sometimes react.
A typical day is filled with 4 meetings on average with managerial posting, suppliers/key contacts/cross-functional follow-ups, and 2-3 hours of research daily.
Co-workers are generally very good people (unless you are competing for the same/similiar jobs)
Pros
good benefits & compensation, good people
Cons
low integrity & trust, senior managers form inner circle with friends only (outsiders beware), and very low people developers
low productivity,
packer (Former Employee) –  ripon wisconsinJanuary 4, 2014
a typical day at work was boring, stand around all day, after day because of a packaging machine have problems i learned management and tecs r not held responsible for machine operation, down times not a problem, productivity is not a concern, management fares well with the amount of down time keeping employees friendly needs to work better encouraging employee to work as a team co workers in general r friendly, knowledgeable and hard working the hardest part of the job was standing around hour after hour waiting for the machines to run the most enjoyable part of the job was the # of good ppl i met i have a back ground in packaging machines and can say iv really never experienced the non productivity base solely on a packaging machine, non performance, sad and not a place for me
Cranbury NJ management needs a change
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 24, 2013
The staff at this facility works very hard and is full of nice cooperative people who are a pleasure to work with. The management upstairs needs to be swept out and replaced. They have no management skills and rule through intimidation and fear. There is ineffective or nonexistent communication and information sharing. This is a very politically based operation, with decisions often being based upon personal management connections with the main office rather than what is good for the company. The management's job is thus protected and has no reason to improve. They are not forward thinking and are reactive rather than proactive. If the economy was better there would be a mass staff exodus.
Pros
nice friendly staff
Cons
poor management, not open to idea sharing or change, rule through intimidation
Great company to work for.
Maintenance Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Start most days with a daily safety/update meeting, planning meeting, then a daily Ops meeting. Close out work orders, schedule work, follow up on previous work.

Learn different things daily, really focus on TPM and lean principles and practices, building a stronger more diverse team.

Management is very supportive and gives me all the necessary tools to succeed.

I have a great group of co-workers at our facility, we work together on lots of different projects.

Finding highly skilled individuals in the area willing to work for what we can pay them.

The ability to manage as I need to in order to make our department world class.
Very unorganized, not very productive
Assembly Line Worker, Mixer Operator, Hilo Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 1, 2014
My experience at ConAgra was one of the worse I've spent within warehouses/factories. It was also an experience in which I wouldn't regret. A typical work day cannot be explained in just one paragraph. Their were times I would spend 12hr shifts, waiting in the lunch room with other co-workers for at least 4-5 hrs while we wait for machines to properly function. The job was just very unorganized, but I dealt with the adversity's within the company and managed to move around every now and then...
Pros
learning possibilities
Cons
exhausting hours, with little pay
You never know what will happen
Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2014
ConAgra Foods is a pretty good place to work - if you are able to flow with the ups and downs. I've been there almost 10 years and the company doesn't seem to be able to implement strategies that lead to continued growth. Even when the times are good, we all just wait for leadership to make a decision that will set them back. We really hope this won't happen, but it seems that this a trend that ConAgra just can't seem to overcome.So we all wait for the reorg and hope we survive.
Pros
great benefits, onsite workout facilities, great work environment, attitude that fosters charity giving and activities
Cons
will i have a job in a year?
Enjoyed going to work everyday.
Environmental Health and Safety Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rossville ILSeptember 25, 2012
A typical day at work was very structured and new what my job was and I did it.

I learned alot through the years.TPM, ADM, 5S organization, People skills, personal skills, computer skills. Team work building. Initiated task force teams. Safety investigations, and much much more.

Management gave me lots of skill bulding opprotunities.

Great group of people that I gained lots of friends through the years.

The hardest part of the job was loosing my job due to economic down falls.

Was the people and the opprotunities I had through the years to grow my skills and learn .
Pros
8 minute drive to work and my children went the school in the town i worked in.
Cons
i can not think of any at this time