ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews

Ice Cream Toppings
Line Operator (Former Employee), Humboldt, TNJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Typical day at work consisted of getting the Daily Schedule completed, at the best product that should be made. Learned each employees job went in order for everyone to succeed in this Company. Got along with my co-workers,
just so so
Buyer (Current Employee), Affton, MOJuly 1, 2015
upper management lacks loyalty has no problem just moving on from employees. Great place to work hate to see it shut down
They pay great and I loved working here
Production Worker (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJune 30, 2015
Pros: money is great, insurance is great
The work here is not hard. The money you get paid is fantastic. The insurance is great. I really enjoyed working here. They do however base what days you miss and when you are late on a point system. I did like that, although some people did not.
Productive place to work, alot of good hands on learning.
Instrumentation technician (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, Great co-workers.
Cons: 13 days of work 1 off.
In charge of all set ups before production, including calibration of weight, pressure, temperature and speed. Set programs in each dinner line based on the production schedule. I've learned different brands of drives and how to program them along with all types of allen bradley PLC's. Hardest part of the job is being in the freezer working for long time periods at -25 degrees F. I enjoy being able to keep up with technology as we bring in new machines and equipment.
Not good for anyone with a family
Production Utility (Current Employee), Sylvester, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Company paid insurance
Too much conflict with home life. Cannot plan anything with family due to constant changes in production schedule. More concerned with meeting numbers
not a bad job
Processor (Current Employee), Quincy, MIJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good insurance
Cons: The insurance is expensive
It's a food factory. The work isn't hard just repetitive. The machines once used to them are pretty simple and the people I work with for the most part are friendly.
fun and depressing
Grader/Packer (Former Employee), El Dorado, ARJune 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: management
a day at work was often tiresome and fun. It could be aggravating at times though. I learned to move fast. to grade chicken which comes in handy when u buy chicken cause chicken can have all kids of defects. the co-workers were from all cultures u learned a lot from them. the hardest part of your job was when the machine breakdown and u had to catch up on your orders and meat falling everywhere,. the most enjoyable was getting paid every week.
Factory work
Cooks Helper (Former Employee), Fredonia, NYJune 16, 2015
Working at ConAgra was factory work. There was overtime available and that was nice. Until the company shut down, it was steady work. ConAgra bought the company from Carriage House. It was at that point that morale went down. ConAgra bought it to shut it down.
It's a factory for food production
Accounts Receivable Clerk / Company Safety Team (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJune 11, 2015
Pros: Work alone
Cons: Heavy data entry
Responsible daily for all in-coming orders generated by appointment and referring them to a team who unloads and provides you with a written confirmation of where the product is stored for usage. You must than inter the location on the internal computer system and update corporate with an on-line system which monitors inventory.
Productive workplace
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2015
Pros: Open workplace
A typcial day work was busy. I learned what the training process entailed. I enjoyed the independence to work. The most enjoyable part was coordinating the training sessions.
Ups and Downs
Maintenance Team Lead (Current Employee), Ripon, WIJune 7, 2015
It has been a largely pleasant experience working for ConAgra. They have been good to me personally though recently I have had some issues with their policies.
ConAgra Foods
Lead, Cortina (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJune 6, 2015
Pros: Work schedule, ability to move up within the company.
Cons: Management
ConAgra Foods is an excellent place if you would like to work up within a company. There is always growth, and the ability to apply yourself to something new. The only complaint I would have is that to grow you need to apply yourself. There is no handout, team members who want the opportunity are given it based on experience and the ability to do said task.
decent place to work
Lead Line Mechanic (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJune 5, 2015
company is slowing down a bit but always work to be done. pay is competitive and plenty of overtime. plenty of good people to work with.
hard place to be
Maintenance Mechanic/ Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee), Ripon, WIJune 5, 2015
Management seems to be the biggest problem here. (too many chiefs. Poor leadership and management. the wave is felt on the production floor and brings morale down to zero.
Interesting work environment
Lead, Cortina (Current Employee), Russellville, ARMay 29, 2015
I was able to move up quick in this company. I learned how to deal with stressful events. With this being a union facility I also learned how to deal with the Union.
Mostly a great place to work!
Team Leader (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great campus, great people (mostly), lots of company bennies (like on-site company store, wellness programs, etc.)
Cons: Only con for me was the drive downtown every day - and only because I live in West Omaha.
Lots of benefits to working at ConAgra. Would go back in a second if the opportunity presented itself. Culture was, in general, great and they mostly walk the walk of what they say about their culture.
Great
Group Manager of Production (Current Employee), Princeton, KYMay 17, 2015
Good place to work, I recommend it. Good co workers, I have learned a lot. Hardest part is moving up in the company. Couldn't ask for better management
Fun place,open work enviroment.
Production Worker / Sanitation (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good pay good hours friendlypeople.
Cons: Short breaks, language barries.
prepare my area with a mat and stock products made sure area clean and safe started to place lids on pies while visually inspected pies for quality standards help coworker with lids or relieve them for break talk to team leader about production try to communicate with some coworkers but there is a language barries then rotate to new job to learn new skills.
worst managment ever
Corporate position (Current Employee), OmahaMay 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: the people you work for
Worst management I have ever had the displeasure of working with. The entire company is siloed and everyone is trying to cover their own butts. If you take your lunch or leave on time you are wrong. They have to pay well and give decent benefits or anyone with a brain in their head would run.
Fun job and wonderful co-workers.
Factory Worker (Current Employee), Humboldt, TNMay 11, 2015
Pros: Having someone help you with the job, the friendly people you work with.
Cons: Standing in the same spot while working
Working at Conagra is very fast pace, fun, and enjoyable. I've learned different techniques on how i could finish the job. My co-workers are amazing, very friendly people willing to give you advice on how to be a better worker. And the hardest part of my job is standing in one place most of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing everyone accomplish something at the end of the day.