ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews in United States

good company but tuff place to work
Manager of Operations & Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2016
Tuff place to work and feel good about what you are doing. It is difficult to navigate the political waters and no one has a feeling of job security.
Excellent work Culture that every company should strive for
Mechanical Engineering Intern(Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Delhi, LADecember 1, 2015
Conagra foods was an excellent place wot work. The culture was amazing making people accountable for each other. The Pay was above normal and the management was the best I have ever worked under.
Pros
Free french fries, Temperature is always 72 degrees
Cons
Smell of potatos
ConAgra Foods
BUSINESS ANALYST - SAP IMPLEMENTATION ROLLOUT TEAM (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2016
Working with the SAP Roll-out team 32 members on the team, was a great team from management to other employees. Working daily to complete SAP Implementation different task daily, after implementation giving support to plants.
Pros
Great Campus
Cons
Healthcare
forced overtime... 7 days a week
sanitor 3rd shift (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MONovember 20, 2015
I'm a sanitor on 3rd shift at Marshall. When I started it was monday-friday and you could sign up overtime for sat or sunday. THEN,...without it known when i started they started forcing everyday of the week about two months ago. Yeah,..about $15 an hour,...but no homelife. You have to burn points and call in if you have any plans. Went 19 days in a row,...then let off one day. This crappp may last until January or Feb. I'm tired of it. Several are. Places I worked at before all had a bonus,... Conagra decided it wasnt fair to some plants so they stopped. Other factories i worked at gave a $75-100 visa for xmas to employees,... not this place. It's a union shop,... so your wages ARE your perks, thats it. The first place i've ever worked for,.... where you REALLY are a number..
Pros
money
Cons
forced 7 days a week, NO bonus, most factories give a VISA card for xmas...not them
Great company to work for
Senior Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 17, 2015
Good experience with all current technology. Great work culture with attention to work life balance.

Good managers who dont micro manage; great teams to work with across IT.
Pros
Current technology; work life balance
Cons
Going through reorg and change of management frequently.
ConAgra
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2015
Very different environment post Ralcorp purchase. No segment of this business is safe from lay-offs or reorganizations. Management makes sweeping knee jerk reactions to one bad quarter instead of staying true to the course and trusting in the process to grow the private brands business. Wide spread speculation the past year about spin offs and sales makes it very difficult to see a future with this company. Bright side is solid benefits, lots of vacation. Below industry average pay though offsets this.
Pros
hidden perks like concert tickets and sporting events
The people that work here are good caring people.
QUALITY INCOMING INGREDIENT INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Troy, OhioApril 28, 2016
I enjoy the job that I do but there is not enough team work in the department not enough supervision. They work in cliques.

The hardest part of my job is going outside when it is very cold out and standing for lengthy amounts of time.

The most enjoyable is talking with the people out on the production line.
Pros
incentives for safety, rewards and lunches
Cons
Insurance for Salary is not very good
Quality Food Production
Production Line Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARMay 8, 2015
Factory type work hard work but good benefits and pay. Fast pace and good friends to work with. got laid-off. Went back to school.
Pros
We always got fried chicken on Fridays' we fried chincen
Cons
Long hours at first no time off
very fast paced environment with a great group of co-workers
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boardman, ORMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy my work place and the people that I work with each day, everyday has new tasks that generally are pretty easy to tackle then there are days that things can be a bit more hectic than others these days are the ones I enjoy most because they are more of a challenge.
Managing People
Manager, Corporate Mail Services (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoy working with people and my excellent management skills have allowed me to build a very strong team. Most my day is overseeing activities regarding mail / shipping and warehouse activity.
Pros
Company is very family oriented
Cons
They are eliminating many jobs (including mine) and moving processes to Chicago
Good place to buld on communication skills.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at work was fun. I would get all of the shipping and receiving forms and start putting them in order in the system. I learned very good communication skills in this job. My co-workers were all men so sometimes I felt somewhat intimidated but I did not let them now. The hardest part of my job I would have to say was when a paper was miss placed that was a new adventure trying to find the miss placed order. The most enjoyable part of the day was when everything was in order neat and perfectly done great feeling.
Good enviroment & well stablish facility
Q.A. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 17, 2015
Learn news things from management. Nice environment with good opportunities to advance in the company. Good co-workers that can help you with any objective and/or obstacle. The fun part of the job is you only work Monday thru Friday.
Pros
Flexibly hours and understanding of emergencies.
Cons
Short breaks
ConAgra Foods is one of North America's largest food companies.
Director Finance (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2016
At ConAgra Foods, we believe in the power of great food. Food you turn to every day, food you count on as part of your life. We make food that does more than satisfy your hunger — it actually gives you less to worry about and more to look forward to. That's what we do here at ConAgra Foods: We make great food — everyday food — in extraordinary ways.
Management keeps changing
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, CAApril 1, 2016
Good teammates there we work good except for management. They are hard to figure out, keep workers in the dark until the last minute then change there plan over.
Nice place to work at
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 20, 2015
The pay and benefits was very strong. Opportunities were a plentiful. But there was room for improvement from management and the way the company handled inter company hires.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Hiring practices
Loved greeting people
RECEPTIONIST/SCANNER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
While working for Conagra I was able to wear many hats. I scanned, filed, sent & received mail. Was the part time receptionist which allowed me to interact with Customers, Administration and other employees. The management always had an open door which made employees feel like family.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Closed their doors in Tampa :(
Great work/life balance
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoyed traveling to new plants training them on how to use SAP in the Direct and Indirect Planner roles. Management and co-workers were great.
Pros
meeting new people within the company
Cons
Company is going thru a lot of new changes
Large company purchased small company.
Supply Chain - Transportation - Logistics (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 24, 2015
I worked for ConAgra Foods for 6 months after my original employer, National Pretzel Co., Inc., was purchased BY ConAgra Foods. ConAgra replaced entire senior management staff with their own people.
I'm privileged to work with talented young engineers
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 26, 2015
ConAgra has a lot of projects, working as a project engineer the bulk of projects are cradle to grave, and have included training personal. The design work is exciting, and provides many challenges. A typical day requires long hours to complete the rapid schedule.
Pros
Cradle to grave projects, and having built two green field projects
Cons
Health Care, working every holiday
Rewarding, Challenging, Productive
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 29, 2015
Working at ConAgra and being the administrative support to 3 VP's has been very rewarding. I look forward to coming to work and learning new things. It saddens me that it may all end.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Have to be prepared for any and all changes