ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods United States Employee Reviews

Informatica Developer
Sept 2012Informatica Developer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 2, 2015
• Coordinated with Business Users for requirement gathering,business analysis to understand the business requirement and to prepare Technical Specification documents(TSD) to code ETL Mappings for new requirement changes.
• Estimation, Requirement Analysis and Design of mapping document and Planning for Informatica ETL.
• Analysis of Source, Requirement, existing OLTP system and Identification of required dimensions and facts from the Database.
• Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center 8.6.1.
• Created complex mappings in Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Rank, Joiner and Stored procedure transformations.
• Involved in performance and tuning of the ETL processes.
• Involved in testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Unit and Integrating testing of Informatica Sessions, Batches and the Target Data.
• Created Workflows, Worklet, Assignment, Decision, Event Wait and Raise and Email Task, scheduled Task and Workflow based on Client requirement.
• Set up batches and sessions to schedule the loads at required frequency using Power Center Workflow manager.
• Extensively worked on Autosys to schedule the jobs for loading data.
• Involved in promoting the folders from Development to Test and Test to Production Environment.
• Developed standardsandprocedures for transformation of data as it moves from source systems to the data warehouse.
• Developed shell scripts, PL/SQL procedures, for creating/dropping of table and indexes of – more... performance for pre and post session management.
• Configured and scheduled Pre and Post Session commands with Shell Scripts.
• Used Informatica Debugger to troubleshoot data and error conditions.
• Used mapping parameters and variables for pulling incremental loads from source
• Identified and fixed the Bottle Necks and tuned the Mappings and Sessions for improving performance. Tuned both ETL process as well as Databases.
• Defined the program specifications for the data migration programs, as well as the necessary test plans used to ensure the successful execution of the data loading processes. – less
i enjoy working for ConAgra
Packaging Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 2, 2015
I come to work knowing that the people who work with me is here to work and get the job done. the management of this place is well ran. the only part is there is no suggestion input and because of that you find yourself frustrated.
Wonderful Company and Great People
Packaging Engineer Intern - Private Label Snacks (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2015
ConAgra foods has a culture like a family. Everyone I was able to work with while I was on my internship taught me so much about the industry. I was able to learn a lot from my time with ConAgra and would recommend the company to anyone looking for a great culture.
Very productive postion
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Marshall moJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: pretty flexable with schedule
Cons: no room for advanement, flip flop from days to nights
Updated daily excel sheet and created sheets. I released incoming goods from company computer system. Checked in sensitive ingredients and assisted with any quality issues. Contacted supplies with any issues that may have come up. Formulated excel sheets for new mails for production lines. Assisted with new hire orientation. Typed word documents for outside contractors. I worked with corporate offices on roll out projects. Analyzed USDA/FDA lavel approvals from web based system.
Great benefits Fast advancement
Sour Tech-Mixer-Foreman (Current Employee), Fridley, MNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: healthcare and job security
Cons: culture
Enjoy the fast paced work. Great employees. Rapid advancement.
ok
Warehouse Coordinator/ Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Paterson, WAJanuary 22, 2015
okay okay company to work for. i saw some things i wasnt okay with. i like their wages tho.
Great Training program, Centralize management structure driven by Stick Market more than results
PLANT MANAGER (Former Employee), KS, MO, Ill, MnJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: wages, training programs
Cons: work/life balance, stability
I ran some very successful plant P&L that didn't match with corporate direction and thus reorganization was a constant.
i enjoyed it
Sanitation & Sterilization Specialist (Former Employee), Marshall, MOJanuary 22, 2015
if you show up, do your job, and don't look for petty things to complain about, there are no problems. its a food production plant. as a sanitation and sterilization specialist, it isn't meant to be a "glamour job", but it is a job with plenty of good people, in an atmosphere where you find the good in what you can. you will get out of it, what you put into it. I learned a lot of new skills, each machine has an order in which to be cleaned, and some cleaners cannot be used on some of the machines. Also, the management may have some communication delays, but if you stick with it, and/or bring it up to the other members of management also and make sure they are aware of what Is going on, everything will work out. The rest of the sanitation and sterilization staff is broken down by department area, so not everyone knows everyone necessarily, which may be the hardest part of the job. especially if you get to work with a group from a different area on overtime one weekend. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new, always having something to do, even if it was something random, and different, and being able to count on others to help you if you needed it.
i liked working there cause there was something new to do everyday
Utility worker (Former Employee), Pasco, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good breaks they brang us food at times good hours
Cons: n/a
I worked morning there everyday my job would be different I worked in the onions sorting placing as they came out the machine. I also worked in the potatoes cutting the bad parts. I worked in packaging all items placing them in boxes taping so they could get ready to ship.i worked in the warehouse where I worked in shipping and receiving I loved working in warehouse its always fun fast paced that's what I like to do. my co-workers were all good people you don't talk much when working so its different. I think the hardest part about that job was working in the fryers so hot uncomfortable to breath u have to drink water every 15 min. I really enjoyed my time at conagra I would love to work for them again.
Wonderful learning experiencee!
Controller (Former Employee), Blountsville, ALJanuary 12, 2015
People in company and local office were wonderful! Great company to work for!
A great branded company
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great brands
Cons: all selling companies
The people truly make the difference. I built some very close relationships with my co-works because the organization was run and managed as a big family people cared about the company and each other
Productive and secure place to work for
Operator (Current Employee), Troy, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: overtime, benefits
Cons: not enough opportunity for advancement unless willing to relocate
Always go in with a positive attitude and get the line up to see where all my co workers are. Get our duties for the day and take 2, to make sure everything's safe and there's no safety hazards or quality issues. Do my best and try to enjoy the job as well and answer any questions anyone might have.
Great Benefits
Lead/Operator (Former Employee), Garner,NCJanuary 6, 2015
I had an overall good experience working for ConAgra. We had a Union and had awesome health insurance for our families. The hours were great. Management had some issues with communication skills. Unfortunately the plant here in Garner, NC shut down and moved to Ohio.
Great company to work for.
Maintenance Team Leader (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Start most days with a daily safety/update meeting, planning meeting, then a daily Ops meeting. Close out work orders, schedule work, follow up on previous work.

Learn different things daily, really focus on TPM and lean principles and practices, building a stronger more diverse team.

Management is very supportive and gives me all the necessary tools to succeed.

I have a great group of co-workers at our facility, we work together on lots of different projects.

Finding highly skilled individuals in the area willing to work for what we can pay them.

The ability to manage as I need to in order to make our department world class.
Always learning something new
Tech II (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 30, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed leaning and working with the scientist
Cons: learning the ingredients in some of the foods i loved
Start of my day would consist of setting of the lab the consumers test tasting. Checking inventory, communicating with the food scientist regarding products. Recruiting new taste testing via phone.
blender / forklift opp.
Blender (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 29, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: take as needed my breaks wasn't scheduled
gather all the meat together with same sku number go to spice room pick up the spices for the ham or whatever lunch meat i am scheduled to make that day make the brine start blending after the blending process put product in to four vats tag them put them in the cooler where they set 24hrs waiting to be stuff cooked sliced, packaged & shipped stores all over
Fast growing Company
Food manufacturing plant (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IADecember 23, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: hard work
every one had a job to do and did it this was over 22 years ago all the management would be different all the workers would be gone that I worked with but in my time of working here it was the best Company in town to work for benefits were good a person could make a good living working here.
dairy plant
Production Worker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2014
it was an great experience . no work & life living if have small kids & no seority
Machine Operator/Inspector (Current Employee), Ogden, UTDecember 13, 2014
fun place to work , great co-workers, best part eat all day long
nice place to work at
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Rensselaer, INDecember 12, 2014
ConAgra Foods was the best place I've ever worked at. My co-workers were great and fun! I was always busy in this fast paced environment. Never a dull moment!

About ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and – Read more

ConAgra Foods Salaries