ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods Employer Reviews

Good Learning Experience
Production (Current Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 10, 2014
High paced food manufacturing environment with a lot of changes.
fun place to work
forklift operator (Former Employee), Russellville, AROctober 6, 2014
Pros: no lay offs
Cons: very cold
all you have to do is come to work and you will be well treated supervisors are very fair great benefits
Good people & peers, more talk than action, senior management not trustworthy, and lack of good people developers.
RQI (Former Employee), OmahaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits & compensation, good people
Cons: low integrity & trust, senior managers form inner circle with friends only (outsiders beware), and very low people developers
Learnings are high due to breadth and scope of responsibilities per level tier (administrative, entry, engineers, managers, etc.). You cover a lot of ground very quickly with little time to learn & sometimes react.
A typical day is filled with 4 meetings on average with managerial posting, suppliers/key contacts/cross-functional follow-ups, and 2-3 hours of research daily.
Co-workers are generally very good people (unless you are competing for the same/similiar jobs)
ConAgra
Manager Packaging Graphics (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAOctober 2, 2014
Excellent company with many wonderful people who work there and provide FOOD WE LOVE to the world.
• Managed and trained a broker company within a territory of 49 accounts.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 28, 2014
• Managed and trained a broker company within a territory of 49 accounts.
• Managed expense reports, monthly forecasted sales, kept all records of sales within entire territory.
• Quarterly sale challenges were a main focus in this role. Updated a universal tracker of each sale gained.
• Owned and managed assigned projects independently with expectation from supervisor to utilize all available resources including electronic and team member expertise.
Fast paced place to work.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Russellville, ARSeptember 24, 2014
Have to know how to talk to people, and get them to calm down. The biggest thing is you people skills and how you treat people.
Productive and fun family enviroment
Line Operator (Former Employee), Garner, NCSeptember 21, 2014
My day would start off getting in uniform and seeing the next shift go out look at schedule and see what machine I'm operating and who's going to be on my line or if I'm going to be on the line and on someone else's line. Management I wasn't to crazy about but they were ok the rules were ok some jobs act like your in a prison this one didn't. Hardest part of the job staying up 12 hrs. and standing up 12 hrs. Best part of the job was trainings and meeting you get to see other people from other shifts and from across the other side of the building.
Food production
Packaging (Former Employee), Troy, OHSeptember 19, 2014
Clock in then breaker room for 15-20 minutes for shift meeting. Then relieve first shift of their duty to start working.
What I learned was to cut and package slim jims.
Management was great, had a great work schedule and great rotating system.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the production line.
Productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator, Forklift Driver, Lead Person (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: plant is closing
A typical day at work is morning shift huddle. Production, the tasks of getting orders out.
I've learned that no one is the same we're all individuals.
I've seen a lot of management come and go.
My co-workers are family like because we've worked together for awhile.
There is not a hard part to my job.
What I like the most about my job is I am able to do my job without a lot of hassle.
teamwork
Supervisor/ Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dixon, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Became a machine operator and supervisor. learned a lot from their.
Always learn something new
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hanover, PASeptember 2, 2014
work long hours and money is good. Co-workers would help when needed. Work on your own most of the time but as long as machines were running smooth you just cleaned up area around your machine
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Rensselaer, INSeptember 1, 2014
I think this was a great company to work for. You have the opportunity to move up in the company. The company offers good pay and a good benefits package.
Great Place to work
Team Leader Production Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2014
Every day is different and you learn something new every day. The thing I love most is troubleshooting, and making the best product possible.
Good Company
Warehouse (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAAugust 26, 2014
Offers good training and okay pay. Union environment so some people work while others find something to complain about and do as little as possible.
Large publicly traded food company well established in food service and branded CPG.
Director, Contract Manufacturing (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: well established financially secure company
Cons: business unit style management
I worked for the Lamb Weston division of Conagra, which is one of the largest manufacturers of frozen potato products in the world. I was in charge of contract manufacturing for their line of frozen breaded appetizer products for the food service and CPG markets. All products in this category were produced using outside sources. I managed a total of 5 companies located across the US.
A typical day included management of supply chain, including production planning and inventory management. Other periodic duties included contract renewals, new product commercialization, raw material sourcing and contracts, product costing...etc.
The most difficult part of the job was aligning each company to integrate into the LW manufacturing process. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got to work with many of the same relationships that I have developed over a period of two decades.
Unfortunately, I was a part of a company wide downsizing where many positions were eliminated and consolidated.
Productive and consistent workplace.
Machinist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: lengthy breaks
Cons: pay
I learned how to operate some of the companies machines. The employess/ co-workers are great people and I learned quickly. The work was not very hard work and the environment was good.
Challenging and Exciting place to work
Engineer (Current Employee), Omaha NEAugust 20, 2014
Good place to work. Good family/work balance. Management goals at times confusing. The re-org has been difficult but I think the company will come out stronger on the other side.
great place
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), st. louis, mo.August 17, 2014
great place to work. great location, decent pay, normal hours
ConAgra Foods - Food Service
Sales Manager, Caribbean (Former Employee), guaynaboAugust 14, 2014
Good place to work. Good family/work balance. Management goals at times confusing. Top management changes frequently.
Learning everyday with opportunities and challenges
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2014
ConAgra has been a great opportunity to learn how to manage a matrix organization and to balance the opportunities and challenges presented by the brands and customers. Keeping everyone, including the customer, on task and working towards the goals was rewarding.

About ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and – Read more

ConAgra Foods Photos