ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews

Good learning experiences, fun people to work with.
Maintenance Tech/ Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 11, 2016
I learned a lot at this job. I learned how to acquire capital by writing capital appropriation requests. Sadly this skill does not apply to a large selection of jobs. Decent company, good management.
great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  dothan AlabamaNovember 27, 2016
Love the benefits and the pros.Hours great if you like to work 12 shifts. My supervisor was great. Sometimes worked 7 days. I loved it.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very demand. not understanding
Worked here over half of my life
Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport, TNNovember 4, 2016
Could be better in some areas
Could be worse in some areas

Good Pay For This Area

Unionized

Benefits..Medical,Dental and Vision

401K
Pros
Free Hardhats Steel Toed Shoes
Cons
Hardhats Steel Toed Shoes
Hard company to work for
Customer Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Cons- company is always changing directions, every 2-3 years big changes occur, which are not well thought out. Not a stable work environment. The people are good, but the upper management lacking. New CEO is horrible! The culture is not motivating. No praise for job well done.

pro- compensation is above average for industry in sales
ok, place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHOctober 19, 2016
the work schedule for slim jims is terrible, have to work 7days before you get any days off. work most weekends, sucks.

bakery side is not much better. u get a schedule of what you are suppose to run each day. you come in to work to find they have changed the days schedule. do this on a regular basis. it gets really old. you have 2 maybe 3 different start times. depending on what the schedule says. come in on one start time to find they have changed the schedule. frustrating.
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, INNovember 11, 2016
Management was great. The pay was good. The fellow workers were of a great help. It is kinda fast paced, but after the first hour of your shift it did die down alot.
money is the only insentive to stay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAOctober 21, 2016
very hot work days and very stressful not to trust management management just like to fire people co workers are ok stress and heat nothing enjoyable
Cons
Bad strategic decision to buy Ralcorp
Engineering Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 3, 2016
ConAgra was a very large company with an incredibly diverse product portfolio. The decision to acquire Ralcorp in order to become the major player in private brand products was ill fated; many of ConAgra's branded products competed with the private brands purchased and created a cannibalization effect. This decision was what lead ultimately to the breakup of ConAgra and concurrent corporate reorganization,
Pros
Loved my co-workers
High paced environment
Sanitary Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2016
It's a high paced environment with long hours and decent pay. Be prepared to get into small spaces to clean the whole machine.
Pros
free fiber bars
Cons
you never know when you get to leave
A day at ConAgra
Environmental Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORFebruary 29, 2016
We start our day with our morning meeting with our Lead and Supervisor. We start talking about what we are going to do that day and how we are going to do it. Talk about our risks and how to be safe. I have learned to drive machinery. Also, I have learned to work with others.
The hardest part of the job is communication and respect for one another. The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge I have gained and the people I have met.
Pros
Benefits and wage.
Cons
Management, overtime, and positions.

Want to know more about ConAgra Foods?

Ask a question
Great Company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 18, 2016
Great opportunities for career development, always enthusiastic about skills development, training, safety, and continuous improvements. Great hourly and salary wages.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
extended production runs when neccessary
The company is in disarray!
Finance Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 13, 2017
They give 1 person the job of 3 and continue to pile it on. Managment doesn't know the positions they take over and team memebers literally have to guide them at all times, not supportive and lots of favortisum. Couldn't be paid enough to ever go back.
Pros
Summer hours off at one/vacation time
Cons
Never had time for breaks/lunch and they over work you
Work place that doesn't care about it's employees.
Benhill Operator (Current Employee) –  Guion Road plant in Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2016
The company in Indianapolis pays well, but you have to give up family. This company goes thru managers like they are walking thru a revolving door. Management has added a lot of new equipment without thinking this all the way thru and creating more work instead of relieving the work load.

I have learned a lot about the process for making table spreads aka margarine. Learned to drive a fork truck, a reach truck, and to load the product into the semi trailers.

Management doesn't care about the employees. Have Team Leads that have no clue about the process. They seem to want to find all your faults and never compliment on your knowledge.

Most co-workers work well together. Just like all places you have the lazy ones and messy ones.

The hardest part of the job is working 12 hours a day several days of the week with not knowing until the last hour if you are REQUIRED to work the extra 4 hours. Not being able to PLAN ANYTHING.

I enjoy some of the people I work with who make it a little better place to work. Also, we are Union and in our contract anything over 8 hours in a day is time and a half, if we work 7 days our 7th day is double time.
Pros
Free coffee, good pay
Cons
Required to work several days 12 hours a day.
Very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMay 15, 2016
Hard work production. Safety, data entry, and team work. Management was challenging at times. Trying to make production. When the line made production.
Pros
exellent benefits
Cons
Sometime we have to wait to get work
n/a
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sylvester, GASeptember 12, 2016
The company is a good company good medical benefits good job. The people are great to work with, very fast pace but easy going job.
Easy job but not good place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 11, 2016
Easy job but people are not really nice. The management is not good. The security is important but they do not really take car of EE. However I learned to deal with new people and i discovered new skills in myself.
Pros
Easy job, Some people are nice
Cons
healthcare, security for the EE
Organized and visioned for the future of foods people love
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2016
learned to manage time both for myself and people assigned to me. way too many meetings. could tell upper management was in tune with the employees and generally cared for them.
Great people to work with
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 25, 2016
Good place to work. Too bad its shutting down. Many good people working there. All hard working people, especially when everyone is working 12 hour days. Management can use some help with managing skills.
stay away if you have a family
coldstorage forklift driver (Former Employee) –  American Falls, IDAugust 15, 2016
bad place to work for. no room to move up, everyone for them self and that too for management. days off are the only thing that people look forward too.
Loved coworkers
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha NEOctober 19, 2016
I loved working with ConAgra and was proud to be a part of their team. Coworkers made it fun. I am a casualty of the move to Chicago and dismantling of the companies many brands.
The hardest part of the job was waiting for the axe to fall and seeing many families affected by their job loss.
Pros
Coworkers, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Impending doom made it hard to work in a positive atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConAgra Foods. Our community is ready to answer.