ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews

worst managment ever
Corporate position (Current Employee), OmahaMay 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: the people you work for
Worst management I have ever had the displeasure of working with. The entire company is siloed and everyone is trying to cover their own butts. If you take your lunch or leave on time you are wrong. They have to pay well and give decent benefits or anyone with a brain in their head would run.
Fun job and wonderful co-workers.
Factory Worker (Current Employee), Humboldt, TNMay 11, 2015
Pros: Having someone help you with the job, the friendly people you work with.
Cons: Standing in the same spot while working
Working at Conagra is very fast pace, fun, and enjoyable. I've learned different techniques on how i could finish the job. My co-workers are amazing, very friendly people willing to give you advice on how to be a better worker. And the hardest part of my job is standing in one place most of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing everyone accomplish something at the end of the day.
Focused around safety
Production Technician (Former Employee), Pasco, WAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits and pay is good
Cons: Management needs help communicating, co workers lost interest in job
Overall a good place to work. Would be better if there was better communication between management and hourly workers. worst part of the job is that it doesn't have much fulfillment so most people lose interest and just show up to the job for a pay check.
Quality Food Production
Production Line Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Batesville, ARMay 8, 2015
Pros: We always got fried chicken on Fridays' we fried chincen
Cons: Long hours at first no time off
Factory type work hard work but good benefits and pay. Fast pace and good friends to work with. got laid-off. Went back to school.
A lot of opportunity for development long hours
Team Lead/Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Ogden, UtMay 7, 2015
Pros: Very Good health benefits and great comprehensive benefits package all around
Cons: high expectations with not all the resources you need, expectations are higher for some over others
Lot of opportunity for extra hours. Good higher management. Do not hire people quickly enough or frequently enough causing a lot of strain on teams.
hard work but good money
procuction/sanitaiton (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMay 6, 2015
Pros: wages and insurance
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working here. The pay was fantastic. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I enjoyed working overtime because it helped me in a big way financially. The work was sometimes hard. In production there was a lot to remember and a lot of heavy lifting. Sanitation was very hot.
Good hours
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Garner, NCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Always improving on safety at the plant.
Cons: Extreme climate enviroments.
There were 10 hour shifts at the plant. Four days on and three off. There was also opportunity for overtime available. There were extreme temperature environments that you had to adjust to. I could go from 32 degree temperature into 100+ degree temperatures in the same minute because of the meat product we worked with. So if you are bundled up for the cold and have to go to the warmer temp environment it can be very uncomfortable. Most of the folks were easy to work with. But I think that the extreme temperatures caused some employees to be more irritable than they would probably normally be. Management usually stayed away and allowed the Team Leads to handle the floor supervision. Supervisors only did a walk through. I would say the hardest part was adjusting to the environment change. I enjoyed being able to work without someone micro-managing my every move.
Great and fun place to work
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 24, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: health care provide
My co-worker were great people to work with and be around. The hardest part of the job was nothing really the job was fairly easy.
productive
Production Line Leader (Current Employee), Quincy, MIApril 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: Shortbreaks
looking for part time work. Fri-Sun open to all job titles. use to working 7 days a week. use to fast paced production. Line assembly work.
Nice place to work at
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits and compensation
Cons: Hiring practices
The pay and benefits was very strong. Opportunities were a plentiful. But there was room for improvement from management and the way the company handled inter company hires.
It was great learning the food industry and great people
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Moorefield, WVApril 20, 2015
Pros: they cared about the employees had yearly bonuses and picnics
Cons: training spanish people at the beginning was hard
a day at work was full of different duties like training new people and making sure mistakes weren't made learned the cooking industry from beginning to end management were always willing to listen to new ideas and help at anytime our team was great we worked well together the fast pace was hard at times but learning how to be the best supervisor I could be was awseome
Great company with excellent benefits
Sanitor (Former Employee), Carrollton, TexasApril 16, 2015
Great company overall. Management does need impovement. Working over night was the hardest part of my job because of ministry and family. I most enjoyed the excellent benfefits.
the Union deosent stand up for employees
Sanitation Worker/Team Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2015
Pros: holiday pay good hr pay
Cons: long hours short breaks
the upper management stays in shambles and its a pass the buck on down the line type of job Coworkers concentrate more on telling on other employees than completing job tasks
Long hours and No appreciation
Lead person (Former Employee), Russellville, ARApril 12, 2015
In my experience with ConAgra Foods, they did not want me to go to college, would not work with my everyday life, such as doctor's appointments and such, and did not care anything about advancement opportunities, even though I was a Leadperson for four years there and was ready when I was let go and, the only reason I was let go, was the fact that they will not work with college students. They forced me to choose to either call in late everyday, four days a week, or drop two classes, which would have put me behind even more than I already am. I would NOT recommend this company for anyone with a family or anyone trying to go to school.
Provides a quality growth enviorment
Southeast Region Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 7, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Offers opportunity for advancement based on performance. Promotes communication between sales and management. Incentives provided in addition to generous pay levels.
really exciting place to learn and work great opportunity.very safe place work practice.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2015
Pros: learn more
Cons: long shift
very helpful and friendly place and safe place to work.
friendly co workers and very helpful people.
long hours and lots of overtime.
very fast pace, working the machine and lost of paper work.
Machine Operator I (Former Employee), Grand rapidsMarch 31, 2015
Pros: good pay rate, benifits
Cons: slow weeks
Made long time friends, learned life time safety tips. Learning how to work with people from different backgrounds and up bring.
Great Company to work for
Team Leader Finance (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2015
ConAgra truly believes in employee work-life balance, there is a lot of opportunity for growth and lateral movement to grow and learn the business.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Tolleson, AZMarch 27, 2015
Worked Night Shift Packaging department.

Great People to work with.

Plant kept very clean.

Ran packaging Dept.
Packaging lines
material handling
scheduling
Typical CPG Food Company Atmosphere
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 27, 2015
Very hard working culture where all employees are expected to contribute and hold their own on projects. Cross functional matrix sometimes causes unnecessary complexity.