ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews

Unclear strategic direction and no plan for sustained business growth
Insights (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 24, 2015
Unclear strategic direction and no plan for sustained business growth. One volume growth year followed by the next with a volume decline. Brands are very trade promotion dependent.
Productive but harsh
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNMarch 23, 2015
Working at ConAgra, it was hard, because I ran into a few safety problems and it was not fixed. I also found bugs in some of the food and no one followed the procedures that were required to sanitize the line afterwards.
Pros
decent coworkers
Cons
standing in one spot
Clean invironment with great people
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Quincy MichiganMarch 22, 2015
Personable supervisors, that encourage growth, with a fun group of co-workers.
We where able to purchase products directly from the company at a discount.
Pros
great pay and benifits.
Cons
no real cons good place to work.
great job
Production Line Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHMarch 22, 2015
pleased with organization; great benefits. It is important any new resource understands the importance of the OSHA guidelines to limit injury.
It was a fun and safe place to work in
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 20, 2015
Every day I came in, I went to the supervisor's office to take the orders and talked to my boss about the day's main activities. What was the daily news...etc. Then I went to the floor where I and my coworkers gathered every day to talk about our daily mission, safety, and newly orders. Then I went over attendance to see who showed up, and who did not, how many men and women I had at hand. And I came up with very quick plan, assigned jobs to my people. Then I let my people went to their work station. I went back to the supervisor's office to report to my boss all the fact about the day. If in case I need extra help hands, I also let him know. I went back to floor to help and excite my people to perform their daily tasks.
Pros
clean and safe place to work
Cons
the uncontrollable cost of health insurance
Great Employer
Operations Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
Great Employer
Really focused on Continuous Development & Improvement
Lucrative Salary for great work-life balance.
Standardized work Procedures and additional training and advancement opportunities are available.
Fun and Flexible
Master Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2015
Very easy going place to work. Just very isolated with in each department. You can progress but, takes work to be seen and land an interview.
Pros
many perks
Cons
tedious work
day shift
mechanical electrical maintenance (Current Employee) –  Sylvester, GAMarch 14, 2015
work with equipment operators to resolve immediate issues daily. Perform pm work orders as time permits . Submit notifications on items that need more involvement of materials or personnel.
Pros
good job
Cons
no work schedule, work weeks on end, unable to plan for time off. work / life balance is horrible!
Wiener Factory
Summer Laborer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MIMarch 11, 2015
I worked at the Quincy, MI plant making Hebrew National hot dogs. They offer great pay for compensation of cold work conditions. Most coworkers are great. Strictly follow health codes. Lot of Safety gear as well. Not much of a life outside of this place usually. Mostly 12 hour nights.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Cold, consumers most of free time, lot of extra reworking at end of the night
Changed things often
Baker (Former Employee) –  7350 Commerece Ln. Ne Fridley, MN 55432March 11, 2015
They wanted us to work seven days a week and constantly changed our hours. I enjoyed working with the people their. They had us working in different areas often.
good work place great compensation/benefits
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, MOMarch 9, 2015
working at ConAgra foods is a good work place good/benefits pay is good save place to work friendly people what i learn at conagra foods was how they perpare there food team work how everything works I work on clean up crew get thing ready for on coming shift
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
conagra foods sanitation worker break are longer depend what area work in
All about money!!
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2015
If your all about working and not having a home life this job is for you
you can make upwards of $80K. but you'll never go home. there is no sick time and only 1 week vacation a year after 1 year till you have 3 years then you get 2. you are required to work O.T. not asked but told. and from September till March I've had a whole 21 days off. If moneys what your all about this is for you if not dont apply because there is no choice about the O.T. you will be working when they tell you to.
Pros
money money money
Cons
everything else.
Productive and free lunch
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2015
very productive fast work envoriment and mix culture co workers long hours bad pay and benefits sucks. Free pies samples and every team lead thinks that they are the ceo
Pros
free lunch benefits and location
Cons
Poor atmosphere. Lack of unity.
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 5, 2015
Terrible place. Poor building conditions, strong negative culture. High expectations and demand without support, strategy to accomplish goals. This was a terrible work experience.
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor communication. lack of direction. poor infrastructre.
Great culture and Wonderful Family
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 3, 2015
I worked at ConAgra for many years across numerous channels/teams.

I learned the company strives to deliver results but everyone works as a team to achieve their targets.

Management works with me day in and day out to build a successful business plan to deliver our team targets. My coworkers were always there to lean on if I can questions about the business or best in class solutions.

The hardest part of the job was delivering strong results in some declining categories.

The most enjoyable part of the day was building relationships across all my retailers.
Pros
fun atmosphere, many free lunches, customer paid events
Cons
long hours, tough sales target
Excellent work-force to work with!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAMarch 1, 2015
Enjoy working for this company. Great people and environment! Excellent resource tools for just about everything you need to minimize stress at this company.
Cortina line server (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 26, 2015
you general work 13 days straight with 1 day off. yes it pays good but your body will pay for later. the management really doesn't give two cents about you whatever lie they might tell you.
Production is okay,
Processor/Lead (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MOFebruary 24, 2015
It is an okay place to work, it pays very good. But the management crew only has one mission, they don't care about employee's.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
management crew not very personal
good company for a startup position
Production Line Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Great company with benefits. Production line is busy, and constantly evolving, moving.

Challenging part about the job is you have to be detail and pay attention to your post/assignment as you can get hurt with economical cost for the company and for the employee.
Good work/life balance, bad benefits
Private Brands Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2015
Bad health care plans and no low deductible higher premium plans for those with expensive medications, but offset somewhat by good 401k contributions by the company. Management doesn't seem to have a good grasp on processes of those lower than them.