ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods Employer Reviews

fast paced job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Marion, OHJuly 7, 2014
Overall good job. Fast paced..Learned a lot about food production.
I have enjoyed working here
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Marion, OHJuly 6, 2014
I really don't have anything bad to say about this Company because they have always been good to me the whole time I have worked here.
Not much fun to work there Anymore.
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Trenton, MOJuly 5, 2014
I work all different shifts no day is quite the same, and know two people are quite the same. You have to be on your toes all the time. The management as a whole does not care about the employees just production, even though they say that the employee are number one on the list. Some of the co-worker do their best to stab others in the back to gain – more... position. The hardest part of the job is dealing with TWO faced people, just tell like it is!! It has got to where there is no enjoyable parts. – less
Productive and Interesting Workplace
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJuly 3, 2014
My favorite part of the job was selling displays to distributors.
Very unorganized, not very productive
Assembly Line Worker, Mixer Operator, Hilo Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 1, 2014
Pros: learning possibilities
Cons: exhausting hours, with little pay
My experience at ConAgra was one of the worse I've spent within warehouses/factories. It was also an experience in which I wouldn't regret. A typical work day cannot be explained in just one paragraph. Their were times I would spend 12hr shifts, waiting in the lunch room with other co-workers for at least 4-5 hrs while we wait for machines to properly – more... function. The job was just very unorganized, but I dealt with the adversity's within the company and managed to move around every now and then... – less
Experience in sales and project management
Quality Control scientist (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJJune 30, 2014
I manage high profile accounts, and take sales leads. A typical work day involves communicating with all internal and external parties to ensure that all products meet deadlines.
Long hours, average compensation. Difficult management.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Ogden, UtahJune 29, 2014
Pros: good midlevel crews, and good benefits.
Cons: difficult management, average compensation. many seven day weeks.
I found Con Agra, to be average in compensation, with little to no increases. Their benefits were top line. They work half of the year at a 7 day schedule with little extra compensation. They manage with a poor retention rate.
enjoy talking to the old ladies they're awesome
General laborer (Current Employee), Boardman, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: you get a locker lol they switch you areas twice
Cons: some rude trim traineers, and some co workers.
the hardest part of this job is standing up for so long
some coworkers are nice to deal with others, not they even get bothered if u ask them a question on how to use somethin and also some trim trainers are super duper rude they think they can yell at you like if u were an animal!
other than that i enjoy working there
Good Company to work for
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 23, 2014
• Responsible for processing over 50 Purchase Orders daily
• Coordinate with supplier and enterprise procurement to obtain and enter accurately Purchase Order information
• Collaborate with carriers to get delivery status information in timely manner
• Confirm delivery of loads at ConAgra facilities and ensure that statuses are correctly processed
 – more... First point of contact for suppliers with load inquiries
• Maintain metric reporting for on time delivery and late pickup
• Created the Transportation Coordinators training guide
Customer Service Focused Job Duties
• Responded to incoming calls or inquiries from customers
• Responsible for receipt and reconciliation of payments
• Developed excellent working relationship with customers and co-workers
• Ensured quality customer service
• Provided assistance with problem solving and investigating issues
• Recorded and processed customer information – less
Good
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee), Connell, WAJune 18, 2014
Good pay and benefits make it difficult to leave. However culture and care for their employees should be questioned.
You never know what will happen
Sr. Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, onsite workout facilities, great work environment, attitude that fosters charity giving and activities
Cons: will i have a job in a year?
ConAgra Foods is a pretty good place to work - if you are able to flow with the ups and downs. I've been there almost 10 years and the company doesn't seem to be able to implement strategies that lead to continued growth. Even when the times are good, we all just wait for leadership to make a decision that will set them back. We really hope this won't – more... happen, but it seems that this a trend that ConAgra just can't seem to overcome.So we all wait for the reorg and hope we survive. – less
Hard to get away from ConAgra
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 10, 2014
Great enviroment
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons: stress like every other job
The best part is not being bothered. You do your work and find projects and you're fine.
Bacon Plant
Associate Accountant II (Former Employee), Peru, INJune 5, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: dusty, dirty facility
At the time, my boss liked his boss; the company was national and ran regionally. My boss was happy and we worked well together to achieve the necessary results. Mistakes were 'no-problem' and easily fixed.
Material Handler and floater on production lines (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIJune 1, 2014
Hours were there. Not much room for advancement. Not much work to do, just hours to be filled.
Good
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee), Connell, WAMay 30, 2014
I worked day shift 7 am to 3:30 pm. good management, take care for safety.
Productive workplace encourages growth.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Kennewick, WAMay 26, 2014
I enjoy working for ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston we have a family atmosphere that is centered around personal growth.
Enjoyable
Electronics tech (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORMay 24, 2014
A typical day started by checking in with the tech from the previous shift and getting the radio. Then there was a safety meeting and then daily rounds. After that I would work on any projects I had or fix any issues that would come up. Often times I would work with other maintance departments helping them with any fixes they need to do.
ConAgra management was reactive and not focused, but the salary and benefits were very good
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCMay 18, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons: corporate disfunction
ConAgra Foods compensation, benefits, and other areas were very good. However the corporate culture was one of reactive, knee jerk actions based on short term results and numbers.

My position was eliminated in 2011, and I was the victim of downsizing. Several aspects of this job loss bothered me tremendously. First, I had one of my best years as an – more... account manager, increased business by over 16% from the previous year, was well within accrual spending guidelines, and achieved over 80% acceptance of new items in my customers. Secondly, the day I was informed my position had been eliminated, my immediate supervisor sent me an email informing me of a 3% RAISE. I was fired and received my largest raise in my six years with ConAgra. Talk about a corporate left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing? – less
I worked here for 23 years
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILMay 6, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: i felt my job was sucure and i was let go unexpectedly
I worked for ConAgra Foods for 23 years. In my last position as a Purchasing Coordinator a new Director was hired and the supply chain was reorganized and my position was eliminated.

About ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and – Read more

ConAgra Foods Photos