ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods Employer Reviews

productive
Team Leader (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2014
productive, an employer that care about safety, well being of staff and value their customers. [conagro, food you love]
About my work history and what I love to do
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 23, 2014
Pros: customers, co workers, benefits
Cons: 410k, stocks
my typical day at work consisted of entering in customers info to complete there application and customer services answering all there question about the application or account. I have learned several different departments through my years with company. I m very muti tasker can do more than one project at a time. I like to different reports and new – more... projects for managements and help out the team as much as I can. I work good in large groups and small groups settings. I work as a team to get my work done if is need also work good on my own as well. Hardest part about my job would be organized more because some time I have more than one report or project going on so I seem to be a bit scattered. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to all of the customers and helping them out. I love talking to them all and answering the questions about the application or accounts. – less
Great Work Environment
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 22, 2014
Pros: great benifits, better work environment, excelent pay
Cons: plant was closed
The people that I worked with made this job hard to leave. I learned how to really Multitask holding two positions with the company.
Good paying job,
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), King City, CAApril 20, 2014
Pros: good health coverage. very good severance pay.
Cons: when you work for a big company you are known as a # not by name.
Always new changes, Very good place to work. A typical day was taken up by having meeting all the time and it would put you behind in your work. Management was always changing. The hardest part
was when our plant Teamster workforce went on strike and we had to cross the picket lines since we were administrative personnel and strike lasted for 3 seasons. – more... The second hardest part was hearing from main headquarters that they were closing our plant after over 41 years in business. – less
Good potential - Long way to go
Employee (Current Employee), OhioApril 18, 2014
Pros: lots of employee recognition
Cons: bit of the "good ole boy" program still around.
Conagra is a very good place to work. Like any place it has its issues but I think they are small. There is a lot of room for advancement as it is an ever growing company.
Productive and fun workplace
Processing Coordinator (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 16, 2014
Productive and fun workplace,Productive and fun workplace,Productive and fun workplace
Great place to learn on the job and advance if you have the desire to do so
Group Lead (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIApril 15, 2014
Pros: good vacation and pto available
Cons: reliability
ConAgra is a large corporation always looking to trim the bottom line. They are know for closing smaller plants and distributing the products made to other larger facilities. Job security therefor is always up in the air. Benefits are great, 401K could be better matched and with such a huge company profit sharing would be nice but does not exist. Tuition – more... reimbursement if you are looking to further your education. Good work environment created by the employees but ConAgra is more focused on bottom line then employees. – less
3rd shift maintenance
mechanic (Former Employee), carrollton txApril 14, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: 1 awlful supervisor
3rd shift has 3 possible supervisors,because they rotate,1 of them does not belong in that position,spent most of his time while I was their outside posted up smoking cigarettes.did not ever have a handle on the situation at hand and is not respected by any of the night shift mechanics.
Excellent pay and benefits, but work is your life and no advancement
Systems and Network Administrator (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Very competitive wages. There is no work/life balance even though management perceives they are 'working on it'. Promotions are not based on your capabilities, but how well you go along with the politics. The leads on teams do far less than those they are supposed to lead. Not a female-friendly environment.
Decent place to work. Lots of change.
Brand Management (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 10, 2014
Location is often an issue for many commuting from the city. Lots of change in the organization currently.
Great work/life balance that comes at a price...
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 8, 2014
Pros: free popcorn
Cons: managers that say "desire is irrelevant in your career"
The price is management that does not care much about employee development. Managers say one thing, do another.

Most Co-workers are great, but the way ConAgra works is that nobody will get fired unless they have a personal improvement plan, but that lasts 6 months and your manager is rarely the same in 6 months.
Needed tuition money to complete education
Raw Meat Production Labor (Former Employee), Troy, OHApril 8, 2014
Pros: company sales on slim jims
Cons: poor health and dental plan, stingy on vacation days
Temporary position to provide tuition for college.
Very limited training mostly O.J. T. but as a quick learner I received to promotions in 10 months.
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 6, 2014
Very well organized company with very good management. Enjoyed the ability to travel as part of my job.
Just OK
Team Lead/Shift Lead (Current Employee), Rensselaer, INApril 5, 2014
Opportunity for advancement is there. Future is unclear and undefined.
It was a good job
Freezer Employee (Former Employee), Paterson, WAApril 4, 2014
Pros: offered breaks often, were considerate of workers and treated workers fair.
Cons: far to drive
Have to be a hard worker and work the whole time. It was very cold in the freezer, but other than that the only hard part was working for 12 hours.
work and life balance
PQ Tech (Former Employee), American Falls, IdApril 4, 2014
Pros: the employees who just want fair and safe treatment
Cons: see review
Though the company has fair wages for the area this branch of con agra could not care for it's employees in the least. In certain departments a 6 day work week is forced on you, if needed which was often you are forced to hold over with no regard on how you are to get home, as many of the employees care pool or take a bus. When you request a vacation – more... day it is often denied forcing employees to use their points to take time off. When sick Doctors notes are routinely lost and more points are taken away. If you as they say do not clock in or out though you scan your card points are taken away, when you request new cards you are often denied, and in the mean time you lose points,and once you are at zero points you are terminated, this did not happen to me but it has to many other former employees. Though the company routinely states they look out for our safety and home life they have proven not to care in the least. Routine preventative maint. is not done and many people and been hurt with many more with near misses. I pray that there is state and federal inspections to uncover the misdeeds, and hold them to the high standards they state they have, and do not let them off with fines and continue with business as usual. – less
Great Job if you want to be treated poorly every day
RESOURCE TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee), Sparks, NVApril 4, 2014
Pros: great wage and benefits
Cons: terrible management, work culture, and two month shifting schedule
Assist all Operators with cleaning and operations of machinery. Also assist with whatever the Operators do not want to do or feel that it is not there job to do.
Management preaches safety, honesty and integrity but doesn't care about them if it affects production. Management allows Operators to get away with just about everything (chewing gum, playing – more... on phones, taking long breaks) as long as it doesn't affect production. Or they send you out to the floor in unsafe conditions (no fire suppression system just because bins are filling up).
When first hired Resource Members are promised training by Operators and fairness for all positions that open to be an Operator. Instead Resource Members either train themselves or are trained by other Resource Members who have only been there a few months more than you rather than Operators who have been there for years. When a position does open up, Resource Members interview with the Operators just for them to refuse everyone that applied. When brought up to HR or the Plant Manager they brush it off and say apply again they'll choose someone on the next round. When Resource Members apply again, the same process and out come happen again.
Each Resource Member is assigned to a department on a 12 hr day or night shift for 2 months. After 6 weeks Resource Members are given a review on how well they're doing, only to be ambushed with false statements even though that person did everything asked of them. – less
Great workplace to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Mexico CityApril 2, 2014
Pros: collaboration, learning, recognition, engagement, visibility, trust ans a great place to work.
Resposible for regional project execution, vendors relationship and business support.
I learned a lot about PMO process, principles and quality.
My co-workers in US are awesome, collaboration is the key and people enjoy to support people in order to ensure high quality level on project execution.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the clear guidance – more... and support from our VP, confidence, trust, accountability and leadership. – less
Opportunities for learning new skills
Project Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 26, 2014
Plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. Opportunities to move lateral but not vertical. CEO is very supportive of work life balance and building better work culture.
Sanatizing Food Managment
sanatizer (Former Employee), Marshall, MOMarch 26, 2014
Pros: pay was excelent
Cons: training wasn't clear
I would clean pasta mixer; water, soap, scrub, rinse, and sanitize at a food production factory. I learned what working at a factory was like and that particular job wasn't for me The coworkers where cold hearted, the management was just ok.

About ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and – Read more

ConAgra Foods Photos