ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews

Key experiences in Sr. Procurement Specialist Role
Sr. Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 29, 2015
Purchases and sources assigned items, supplies and materials at favorable prices consistent with quality. Negotiates, reviews, and approves purchase agreements. Coworkers and cross functional teams are supportive and knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job is ensuring I am focused and aligned with business objectives, sometimes they change fast. I have learned to actively engage with my business partners for maximum impact and deliver results. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is to see it projects come to fruition.
Pros
Talent of workforce
Cons
Lack to make decisions/reaction to business decisions due to approvals needed
Productive and Laid back
Finance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2015
Enjoyable work place with a supportive team and management. Co-workers are some of the best that I ever worked with. I've learned a new department that I was interested in and was able to get a better understanding of the other side of the accounting world.
I'm privileged to work with talented young engineers
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 26, 2015
ConAgra has a lot of projects, working as a project engineer the bulk of projects are cradle to grave, and have included training personal. The design work is exciting, and provides many challenges. A typical day requires long hours to complete the rapid schedule.
Pros
Cradle to grave projects, and having built two green field projects
Cons
Health Care, working every holiday
Loved my Job
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WISeptember 17, 2015
Working here was one of the best opportunity I have ever had. Challenging job with lots to learn with great coworkers. Worked a lot of hours made it hard to see my family.
Good place to work with good benefits and pay
Process Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDSeptember 14, 2015
The workplace atmosphere is fast-paced. Occasionally management asked too much for what can realistically be done. The pay for the area is pretty good, as well as the benefits. Overall, a good place to work for.
Poor Management makes for a difficult enviroment
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 12, 2015
Poor Management, Difficult overtime coverage process, poorly staffed, and inadequate compensation for skilled jobs.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
more overtime than you would think
Lofthouse/ConAgra
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, utahSeptember 10, 2015
Constant overtime for months on end. New trainees last maybe a month, usually less - do to the hot and horrible work environment that your stuck in for 12 days straight & 12 hour shifts. in July of 2015, we only had two days off. Gone without many weekends for more than half the year then basically unemployed for 2-3 months during slow season. Good & hard work is left unnoticed. Favoritism there is one of their biggest problems. So if you are looking for a company that doesn't appreciate you, wears you out within the first two months from working you so much, and makes it impossible for you to move up in the company because of their ridiculous points system, then this is the company for you!
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Company to work with
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 8, 2015
Since 2004 I have been learned a lot. ConAgra gives me the opportunity to apply to a different positions all those positions was totally different from each other, I have been learned to many different skills thru the years.
The most enjoyable part is that there is great people to work with, We feel like ConAgra is our second home, and all our co-workers are our family since we spend a lot of time with each other.
Pros
Opportunity to personally grow and develop our skills
Cons
health insurance
Great internship
Information Technology Internship (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2015
It is one of the best Internships in town, especially with rotating on to new teams every 6 months. Helps gain exposure to infrastructure and customer facing parts of the company. The managers are very helpful and nice.
ConAgra is a great place to work
Training Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 7, 2015
ConAgra Foods has been a great place to work. Overall, no complaints. We are now under a new CEO who subscribes to the 'lean' work place. Many changes are taking place which could affect the Enterprise Learning training department. The majority of the changes/lay offs will take place by end of September.

I have not searched for a job for years. With the possibility of cuts in our department, it was time to see what's out there.

Want to know more about ConAgra Foods?

Ask a question
Good Job and good work envirement
Packaging Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Boardman, ORSeptember 6, 2015
Overall it was a good place to work at.Friendly people and the workers always lended a hand when needed.They were always prepared with the parts they needed during downtime.Schedule were great.Gave you time to spend with your family.
ConAgra is a good place to work
Sr. Systems and Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed my 14+ years at ConAgra. I worked with many good, knowledgeable people. I had opportunities to learn new job skills. ConAgra is a unique company with a good work environment.
Pros
As part of the work/life balance, we were able to work from home once a week.
Cons
Health care.
Dedicated to servicing our customers, very professional with extensive logistics work history.
Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2015
ConAgra Foods is a great place to work with many benefits and has allowed for professional development. Very supportive management and co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working across various departments to provide excellent service to our customers.
Pros
Benefits, Managers are very supportive.
Cons
At times work load can be heavy but that tends to go along wih seasonality, which is to be expected.
great place to work for everyone
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  PascoSeptember 1, 2015
great place to work
opportunity to advance
everyday is different and exciting
great benefits for families
always a possibility for overtime
Create place to advance your career
Manager of Procurement (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 1, 2015
Great place to work for almost 20 years with opportunities for advancement.
Good atmosphere, but parts of the company has too many layers.
Sometimes too political.
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
unstable sr management situation
What you Learned
Director, Integrated Marketing (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 31, 2015
Enjoy my colleagues and that my responsibilities could vary on a daily basis. I've held different roles which has allowed me to achieve road experience by working across multiple departments - brand, insights, packaging, marketing, etc.
Pros
Excellent compensation, great colleagues
Cons
Benefits OK
Non- productive facility
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2015
This company is trying to run all out with little to no resources. Everything is made way more complicated than it should ever be.
Great Place to work
Lead SAP Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  OmahaAugust 24, 2015
Very good work/life balance, great compensation, health benefits not that great. You get to learn lot of SAP technologies/tools
Fun, Hard-Working Community with some recent drawbacks
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2015
ConAgra is a great environment to learn and grow not only as an employee, but as a team. The team atmosphere is really great, and it is highly emphasized, which has proved beneficial as long as you are willing to put in the work, hold yourself accountable and lend a hand to fellow peers. The idea of being "one" is strongly encouraged; you succeed or fail as one company. I really enjoy this attitude and believe it is a great model to have for any company who strives to be the best in their particular industry. Stability has been an issue the last 3 years, and some acquisitions were questionable, leaving a lot of people questioning management and the direction of the company. Advancement overall is a challenge in IT, as an employee, for the most part is locked into a position for 1-3 years before promotion. With advancement being an issue, the stability in question (Primarily due to a new CEO taking over), ConAgra seems to be on the verge of drastically changing. Benefits and the people are great, but ConAgra seems to be a shell of what it used to be just 5 years ago.
Pros
People, Environment, Benefits, Working hours
Cons
Advancement, Stability, Communication
Team Lead
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 18, 2015
Very unprofessional place, work way to much and never have time for family. Every time they get help in there they couldn't keep it so each person was working months straight at a time without a day off since there was no coverage.
Pros
Good at employee appreciation
Cons
no life outside work