ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews

Loved coworkers
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha NEOctober 19, 2016
I loved working with ConAgra and was proud to be a part of their team. Coworkers made it fun. I am a casualty of the move to Chicago and dismantling of the companies many brands.
The hardest part of the job was waiting for the axe to fall and seeing many families affected by their job loss.
Pros
Coworkers, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Impending doom made it hard to work in a positive atmosphere.
Nice Job to have very Productive Work Environment
Sanitation Temp (Former Employee) –  Delhi, LAJuly 19, 2016
I really enjoyed my time as temp with ConAgra Foods. So such so to that I reconsidered my initial intention upon my first day of work. I wasn't too keen on pursuing a full time position however within a month or so being there I had a change of hearts. I mean the people are so nice and friendly. Very helpful. And are very good Mentors for anyone who's willing to listen and take heed. Outside of being a Mother there hasn't been anywhere job that I have actually enjoy. Other than being a Deputy/Correctional Officer. Overall ConAgra Food LambWeston in Dunn, Louisiana is a great job opportunity for anyone willing and that wants to work. It doesn't get any better than with ConAgra!
Pros
Listen, Observe, Execute
Cons
Nada
poor
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Connell, WAJuly 26, 2016
As an employee of this company for nearly three years now, i have been subject to really just tortuous behavior. abuse.
physical, sexuall harassment and nothing was done about it. poor management. no advancement.
Pros
Cons
everything
I've Truly Enjoyed My Work Years At ConAgra..
Machine Operator (Filler) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 9, 2016
I Really Loved Working At ConAgra Foods The Company Gave Me An Opportunity..I Can Honestly Say That ConAgra Was Happy That I Am Apart Of The Team!! It Truly Is A Great Experience!!!
Pros
I Got To Challenge Myself
Cons
State Of Business Is In Jeopardy
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, INNovember 11, 2016
Management was great. The pay was good. The fellow workers were of a great help. It is kinda fast paced, but after the first hour of your shift it did die down alot.
good pay, clean enviroment
Laboratory Tech, Powder Transfer Associate (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 2, 2016
very good pay, most sections of plant are climate controlled. very clean!!
Union facility, updated lunchroom, company discounts on conagra products
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of unscheduled overtime for lowest senoriy employees
Excellent job opportunities and training
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 1, 2015
Project work for implementing new systems for the applications I support. The areas I support are Lockbox, deductions, collections and credit.

Most challenging part of my job is applying new functionality to current business processes. Checklists were made and reviewed for new projects.

Great co-workers and team players. We always worked together to meeting deadlines.
Pros
Work from home, flexiblity, exercise facilities, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, on call 24/7
Conagra Foods Professional Summary
Environmental Health & Safety & Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Great company. Work with an eager group of people that are always improving and working hard to solidify marketplace value.
Pros
Plants are run very well
Cons
Going through Maintenance Managers
money is the only insentive to stay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAOctober 21, 2016
very hot work days and very stressful not to trust management management just like to fire people co workers are ok stress and heat nothing enjoyable
Challanging day everyday
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2017
IT Help-Desk work. Work with all employees to make sure they are able to use the ConAgra Intranet

Remote desktop applications and installs

Best co-workers ever

Something new to learn everyday
Pros
onsite gym
Cons
very busy
great place to work
packer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed my work there. Responsibilities were picking and packing products, stacking the boxes on skids. Also did light cleaning. They didn't always have enough hours for me so I went elsewhere.
Pros
3 & 4 day work week
Cons
Not always guarenteed hours
Great Internship
EH&S Corporate Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2016
A fun environment that is rapidly growing. Workplace is catered to the young professional. Company that is willing to put money into its employees to grow them.
Its a job
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 31, 2017
You get your hard hat have your steal to shoes on and get ready for what ever area they'll put you in. I learned how to use some equipment for quality control. Some of the jobs were a little hard but you got use to it.
Pros
temporary
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, friendly and fun place to be employed
Engineering/Maintenance manager (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MINovember 18, 2015
Being one of the smallest plants in the ConAgra system it has some benefits, all of the workers know each other, management is easy going and cares about the employees and the pay and benefits are comparable to other companies.
Pros
Management style and benefits
Cons
Job uncertainty due to buyout and then possibly being sold off.
Workplace one best job I ever had
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 21, 2017
learn how Stack box run machine work do lil sum everything out there i love my job and wish i could go bk work for conagra foods
Pros
Love to work
Cons
Short breaks, longnight
Productive place to work
Not a place where i would work due to favortism (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 13, 2016
Sounds like the management in this company needs work due to favoritism. It's to bad cuz Omaha has great feedback from there employees
Benefits
Manufacturing
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sylvester, GADecember 1, 2016
Manufacturing/Cost Accounting is an environment that takes a certain individual, so be sure that you are comfortable with that environment prior to stepping into the arena.
Great Company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJanuary 10, 2017
great envirmonmet
They show you a lot of different roll
great pay
they let you know if you are going to be lay off with enough time
Managers are great and consider to other
Fun, Hard-Working Community with some recent drawbacks
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2015
ConAgra is a great environment to learn and grow not only as an employee, but as a team. The team atmosphere is really great, and it is highly emphasized, which has proved beneficial as long as you are willing to put in the work, hold yourself accountable and lend a hand to fellow peers. The idea of being "one" is strongly encouraged; you succeed or fail as one company. I really enjoy this attitude and believe it is a great model to have for any company who strives to be the best in their particular industry. Stability has been an issue the last 3 years, and some acquisitions were questionable, leaving a lot of people questioning management and the direction of the company. Advancement overall is a challenge in IT, as an employee, for the most part is locked into a position for 1-3 years before promotion. With advancement being an issue, the stability in question (Primarily due to a new CEO taking over), ConAgra seems to be on the verge of drastically changing. Benefits and the people are great, but ConAgra seems to be a shell of what it used to be just 5 years ago.
Pros
People, Environment, Benefits, Working hours
Cons
Advancement, Stability, Communication
lot of work and very productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 20, 2016
staying busy learned new skills like certified sit down forklift operator. a lot of overtime following the safety procedure correct.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConAgra Foods. Our community is ready to answer.