ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate Environment is different than the plant
PROCESS TEAM ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2015
The plant environment was very different than the corporate environment. If you were looking to advance, it was a who you knew kind of environment. In the production arena they required 12-13 hour days, didn't really care if you had a work/life balance and management was not very transparent. They were not into people development, they did not embrace many of the corporate initiatives at the plant level that were working at the corporate level. One example, the company paid to be a member of the Executive Leadership counsel which identifies minorities for leadership roles like VP, but the plant would not support supervisors going to such events. The other supervisors made the work enjoyable, even though there was this know your place mentality kind of inherent of the south. Most of the non-salaried workers were black, and management was white. Race relations were poor, but they liked you because they hired you, that's not necessarily true. Each day presented a new and exciting challenge where I learned to become a guru in SAP, Infinity, and create the COA program, I was able to hone in on my quality control skills work across departments and still get the job done.
Pros
lunches, corporate card
Cons
Weekends, long hours
Veteran CPG player with Innovative Brand Portfolio
Finance Manager - Grocery Foods Brand Finance (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 10, 2015
A stalwart in the CPG food space, ConAgra Foods is a leader in name brands recognized by consumers nationwide.

Focused on employee development and long-term professional growth.
Great Place to Work
At Home Consumer Affairs Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2015
Was a great place to work, I worked from home taking calls from consumers. Even though we worked from home we were able to stay in touch with our co workers and managers so we did not feel we were working alone on the job
turmoil
Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 5, 2015
Was a good company, but new changes are coming, so no telling what that will bring as HQ is moving to Chicago. It will be interesting to see how the company will look after August of 2016...after all the changes have been made and the dust has settled.
Pros
summer hours, jeans
Cons
changes to every division
great time
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 3, 2015
I miss working at Con agra food very good place to work ,benifit was good people was very nice and loving we all getting our job done on time .
Excellent place to work until they moved away from downtown
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2015
Enjoyable job with excellent co-workers. It was unfortunate that they moved the division out to the service center as the commute became longer than was willing to make. Happy to move to another position in the company that was located downtown.
ConAgra is changing
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2015
I've worked at CAG for 11 years. The work environment has continued to improve year after year. I highly enjoy my job and my colleagues. We got a new CEO in April and he is flipping the company upside down. 1200 jobs in Omaha are being eliminated or moved to our new headquarters in downtown Chicago.
Rewarding, Challenging, Productive
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 29, 2015
Working at ConAgra and being the administrative support to 3 VP's has been very rewarding. I look forward to coming to work and learning new things. It saddens me that it may all end.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Have to be prepared for any and all changes
plenty of overtime
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 27, 2015
Worked hard at making things function correctly on a daily basis. By helping operators and repairing problems with equipment failures
poorly staffed, over worked employees
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIOctober 26, 2015
this company has so much potential to be a great place to work, but I don't think a company this size will make significant changes
Ok company to work for
Lead Loader (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 25, 2015
Fun to work with cowokers.Management more worried about numbers.There was alot of variety in what i did each day,ranging from monotonus task to differnt projects.
Pros
Working with and teaching new empolyees
Cons
Having to work 7 days a week
Mismanaged
Line Tech/ Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 23, 2015
Very excessive forced overtime. Currently working 19 days on and 2 days off with the weekends being twelve hour shifts.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overtime
Managing the Sanitation Department
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAOctober 23, 2015
Managing sanitation department of cleaning duties on machines up to state regulations. Unpredictable hours and or the days of work
A good place to work for sorry plant is closing
Machine Operator B (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2015
Starts at 07:00 in a meeting with all employees to go over the plan for the day. I learned how to be come efficient and motivated to do more work and help my co-workers. There is no hardest part to the job when you are line lead you do it all if you called to. the most enjoyable part of the job is making above our production goals.
Pros
When reach no lost time accident we received free dinner on the plant
Cons
Conveyor line breaks down get behind on houly checks
Lack of communication
Supervisor Substitute, Oven Operator (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIOctober 20, 2015
There is always a lack of communication. Loss of orders, and very unset hours. Some weeks well over 40 hours, others hardly 30.
New CEO has company in significant flux
Manager of the Distribution Finance Team (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2015
Good company going through a complete overhaul. New CEO, new headquarters, outsourcing many jobs overseas, and initiating rigorous cost costing measures.
Pros
Furtune 500 Company
Cons
Company undergoing major changes
Good before the new CEO.
Data Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2015
ConAgra offers the typical benefits. Health Insurance, dental and vision. 401k. Over the years the perks slowly went away. No company picnic. No Holiday party, they even stopped giving coupons to the employees during the holidays.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Comfortable place to work at.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 18, 2015
It was a an interesting job ,I was only a temporary employee I worked there for a year which was the maximum time allowed for a temporary employee.
Constant
Process Utility (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OROctober 13, 2015
Good place to work at, but a lot of the same routine everyday. management was very nice but the job had no benefits at all. co-works are very easy to get along with.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
No Breaks
Long hours and Great co-workers...but the job is dead-end
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 8, 2015
Great compensation, but no room for advancement and the company doesn't believe in promoting higher education for it's employees. Dead-end job.....
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConAgra Foods. Our community is ready to answer.