ConAgra Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Data Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 12, 2016
Loved my job! I enjoyed what I did and worked for several years doing different types of work. The culture has changed somewhat.
Mostly a great place to work!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 26, 2015
Lots of benefits to working at ConAgra. Would go back in a second if the opportunity presented itself. Culture was, in general, great and they mostly walk the walk of what they say about their culture.
Pros
Great campus, great people (mostly), lots of company bennies (like on-site company store, wellness programs, etc.)
Cons
Only con for me was the drive downtown every day - and only because I live in West Omaha.
I'm privileged to work with talented young engineers
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 26, 2015
ConAgra has a lot of projects, working as a project engineer the bulk of projects are cradle to grave, and have included training personal. The design work is exciting, and provides many challenges. A typical day requires long hours to complete the rapid schedule.
Pros
Cradle to grave projects, and having built two green field projects
Cons
Health Care, working every holiday
canning facility
Quality Assurance Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MOApril 22, 2016
long hours for days at a time. facility is closing in 2 years. has 3 production lines that produce a variety of canned meat and cheese products.
ConAgra is a great place to work
Training Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 7, 2015
ConAgra Foods has been a great place to work. Overall, no complaints. We are now under a new CEO who subscribes to the 'lean' work place. Many changes are taking place which could affect the Enterprise Learning training department. The majority of the changes/lay offs will take place by end of September.

I have not searched for a job for years. With the possibility of cuts in our department, it was time to see what's out there.
Productive and fun place to work
LAB TECH (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNMarch 16, 2016
Checked product for any defects of any kind quality processes and issues to look for friendly co-workers clean up and jams in the lines
Pros
FREE FOOD, GOOD BREAKS, FRIENDLY CO-WORKERS
asadf;lkj
Team Leader, Quality (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2016
This is a great place to work. I learned a lot about food safety and its importance in the manufacturing environment. I see that the 20 word minimum is not really 20 words so I'm continuing to type.
Regular day
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 21, 2016
Overall, it was a good place to work with good benefits. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the management was good and well organized.
Changing Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 11, 2016
Company is going through lots of changes, seem to be for the better, new leadership knows what they are doing. Relocation to chicago should be good.
Great culture and Wonderful Family
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 3, 2015
I worked at ConAgra for many years across numerous channels/teams.

I learned the company strives to deliver results but everyone works as a team to achieve their targets.

Management works with me day in and day out to build a successful business plan to deliver our team targets. My coworkers were always there to lean on if I can questions about the business or best in class solutions.

The hardest part of the job was delivering strong results in some declining categories.

The most enjoyable part of the day was building relationships across all my retailers.
Pros
fun atmosphere, many free lunches, customer paid events
Cons
long hours, tough sales target
Was Close to home
Spray Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2016
Hard to write about a job cut after 17 years.There was plenty of work.Unionized shop which runs counter productive to production. Coworkers depend on union to get them out of work. I like producing quality product in an efficient manner.
Great Experience
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 15, 2015
ConAgra is a large company with many finance and accounting functions. Individuals have the ability to move around to the various departments in order to get a wide knowledge base or they can stay in one department and become a subject matter expert. Choice is yours! The company is large enough that it hits on all areas of finance and accounting, from Taxes to Financial Planning. Good benefits, good pay, and great people.
Pros
Free popcorn everyday
Great Company, Poor Location
Associate Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 8, 2012
Great company to work for. Work life balance is great, Management is for the most part great, but can be hit or miss depending on department.

ConAgra gives their employees a lot of responsibility and trusts them to do the job they were hired to do. Overall great corporate culture.

Average/below average compensation and benefits. The biggest negative is the location, Omaha Nebraska.
Pros
high responsibility, emphasis on technical competencies, good work enviroment
Cons
location, omaha, nebraska, slow promotions
Good before the new CEO.
Data Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2015
ConAgra offers the typical benefits. Health Insurance, dental and vision. 401k. Over the years the perks slowly went away. No company picnic. No Holiday party, they even stopped giving coupons to the employees during the holidays.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Nice pay, poor management/advancement
Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 28, 2015
nice pay, poor management and advancement; cliques. Would like to have more opportunities for advancement and experiences to help us grow.
Productive and Laid back
Finance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2015
Enjoyable work place with a supportive team and management. Co-workers are some of the best that I ever worked with. I've learned a new department that I was interested in and was able to get a better understanding of the other side of the accounting world.
great management, great co-workers
maintenance technician/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 5, 2016
good place to work. too many hours. i was working 70 hours a week. i got called in almost on a nightly basis to troubleshoot more complex problems.
Pros
flexible in the ability to make improvements to systems
Cons
work hours, lack of skilled employees
Productive and free lunch
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2015
very productive fast work envoriment and mix culture co workers long hours bad pay and benefits sucks. Free pies samples and every team lead thinks that they are the ceo
Pros
free lunch benefits and location
Cons
ConAgra management was reactive and not focused, but the salary and benefits were very good
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 18, 2014
ConAgra Foods compensation, benefits, and other areas were very good. However the corporate culture was one of reactive, knee jerk actions based on short term results and numbers.

My position was eliminated in 2011, and I was the victim of downsizing. Several aspects of this job loss bothered me tremendously. First, I had one of my best years as an account manager, increased business by over 16% from the previous year, was well within accrual spending guidelines, and achieved over 80% acceptance of new items in my customers. Secondly, the day I was informed my position had been eliminated, my immediate supervisor sent me an email informing me of a 3% RAISE. I was fired and received my largest raise in my six years with ConAgra. Talk about a corporate left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?
Pros
pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons
corporate disfunction
Ok company to work for
Lead Loader (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 25, 2015
Fun to work with cowokers.Management more worried about numbers.There was alot of variety in what i did each day,ranging from monotonus task to differnt projects.
Pros
Working with and teaching new empolyees
Cons
Having to work 7 days a week