ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods Employer Reviews

Not A good place to work
Warehouse/Processing Supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free chips
Cons: work no pay
They work you like a dog and pay isn't well. I really had a bad experience with this company
Productive place to work at.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), 680 W. Chestnut St. Hanover, PA 17331September 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: health care could be a little bit less expensive.
A pleasant work atmosphere, co-workers are very easy to get along with. A typical day at work is never the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a caring and good group of people.
fun work place
General Labor (Current Employee), Delhi, LAAugust 24, 2013
a good place to work at, but it just don't pay enough. The people here don't treat you fair.Also i don't like some of there rules.
Great people to work with
General Sanitation (Current Employee), Delhi, LouisianaAugust 22, 2013
ConAgra is a very nice company to work for. If you have and questions or need help, someone is always there for you. I've learned to strive for the best and work my hardest. Keep pushing through no matter what. The hardest part of my job is the physical work but it is worth it in the end.
Clean work environment
Poultry Processor (Former Employee), WVAugust 22, 2013
Was employed for a short period of time. Enjoyed the clean work environment and was able to learn to apply OSHA standards to the work environment.
productive company. good to employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Folcroft, PAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: not enough overtime
fast paced environment that was very clean and productive.also safety was very important.good working conditions.time went by quickly and you kept busy.
Limited Corp Advancement for Minorities
X employee (Former Employee), IllinoisAugust 6, 2013
Pros: great brands with high potential.
Cons: lack of diversity of thought, color & gender. good ole boy mentality, no work life balance, employee recognition
Very political environment. Previous experience not leveraged. Young inexperienced management. VERY LIMITED ADVANCEMENT for MINORITIES in Corporate Functions.
Grocery Sales
Retail Merchandiser and Set Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2013
Pros: self paced
Cons: use of my own personal vehicle with any chance of advancement.
Calling on grocery stores in the region representing the companies product to Store Management and Head Stock person. Ensuring proper product placement and shelf space for each product based on company and sales data. Unless you have a company supplied vehicle, use of your own vehicle at minimal reimbursement rate. What I learned was to not interview – more... for an available position and voice your observation that Sales and Marketing needed to work together to make the products a success. To which I was told by a Regional Manager that Sales hated Marketing and that their Marketing efforts sucked and that Sales persons would never listen to Marketing. As well as having my final pay check and expense check held for almost 2 month until I sought legal action to get my final pay check and expense check for working after I moved out of the area. When questioned I was told they had ?'s about my expenses and wanted to know who had authorized me to stay over night after working almost 24 hours doing store sets at 3 stores and actually traveling back from the state I had moved to so that I could continue to conduct store sets and business for them. While I was waiting for them to forward my infor to the new regional manager in the area I had moved to. Upon deciding that I was not going to continue with ConAgra, I was able to find out from a former region manager that I had been Black listed by the Regional Manager that had told me that "Sales and Marketing would never agree to work together. Having a statement put in my company record that stated. THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED FOR A POSITION WITH CONAGRA and that this individual should be discourage from continuing employment with ConAgra until they quit. This being included with glowing reviews from previous managers and constant increases in compensation of between .50 and 1.00 per hour in the previous 8 years. As well as glowing recommendations from both store and warehouse managers included in my work file. – less
Bowl Lead
Bowl Lead (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIJuly 30, 2013
I lead a team in the mixing bowl and i was reasonable for the daily quailty and paper work in making product
Friendly enviorment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Boardman, ORJuly 25, 2013
Pros: free coffee and donuts
Cons: i worked through a temp agency.
The day went by so quick. There was always something that needed to be done and you could count on anyone. Bosses included!
Growing company with high ambitions
Consumer Insights Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 24, 2013
Pros: many opportunities with a large company
Cons: many changes can bring some uncertainties
Many changes going on to reach aggressive goals for the next 3 years
I truely enjoyed working for ConAgra and grew as an individual in the workforce.
LAB CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Rensselaer, INJuly 24, 2013
Pros: excellent pay, career advancement opportunities
Cons: night shifts
My time that I spent in the lab proposed a variety of duties to be completed daily. Typically, I'd perform salt analysis tests to ensure that our batches were within regulated specifications, record and input test data, handle any issues appropriately and effectively, and maintain a clean work area. I learned how important communication can be, how – more... to think outside the box, and gained an insight into what it takes to run a successful corporation. I liked all my co-workers and it was nice that everyone understood the importance of a team effort. The hardest part of the job were the night shifts that I had to occasionally work. The most enjoyable was always getting to learn something new and really getting to use a more intellectual side of myself. – less
Productive and very enlightening
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: employee friendly and very diverse
Cons: not enough down time
Constantly moving forward in the frozen food industry.
allowed a more in depth understanding to how we produce ready to eat meals for consumers as a whole.
Quick to learn, hard worker, team player
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2013
Pros: work hours, benefits, co-workers
Cons: job cutbacks
Reviewed invoices and input in for payment.

Audited work for any errors or discrepancies.

Researched and resolved vendor inquiries daily.

Reviewed monthly statements.
Hatchery
Driver (Former Employee), Farmerville, LAJuly 18, 2013
Early shifts, some weekends, touch freight (eggs) without breaking, delivery eggs to houses
Great Culture, Very Focused on Nurturing Employee Potential
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 16, 2013
Pros: training, latest technology, innovation
Cons: demanding goals
I've learned so much here. The company offers great advancement opportunities, multiple locations, including internships and a Finance Development Program, available at Omaha. Good benefits and pay, plus merit based increases every year and occasional bonuses.

Management is demanding but offers full support in achieving the goals. Latest software and – more... technology, SAP, Lenovo laptops, training on demand. Team members are very dedicated, most stay with the company for many years. The company is very focused on safety, zero loss and continuous improvements. – less
former employee Oakdale, Ca
industrial technician (Former Employee), oakdale,CaJuly 12, 2013
Pros: 87k my first year in maintenance
Cons: no life at all
Apply if you don't want a life. You will be treated like a number. Your hard work isn't appreciated. Its a place where the maintenance manager gets away with getting in your face. When you take the issue to HR they ask you what they should do. Go ahead and apply if you like 12hr days 7 days a week.
Great opportunities
Sr. Supply Chain Optimization Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2013
Pros: family oriented environment
Cons: location
Have had a great experience working for this company. Good recognition for hard work. Awesome all around.
Productive and fun enviroment to work in
Machine Operator/Sanitary Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits great pay
Cons: worked alot of hours and little time for family during baking season
I operated a machine that produced magarine. I was also apart of the sanitation crew. I disassebled and re-assembled machines cleaning and sanitizing them for production. Management was helpful and professional. My co-workers helped me to grow and taught me how to become independent. The hardest part of my job was disassebling and re-assebling the machines. – more... The most enjoyable part of my job was running the line and being a team player. – less
Unproductive, Managment did not care
Processing Seasonal (Former Employee), Quincy, MIJune 20, 2013
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: not efficient
Everyday working at this place was a burden. Machines were constantly breaking down and it would take too long to fix and was not efficient. Also Bathroom breaks were not given So I went 4.5 hours without a bathroom break and was upset about this.

About ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and – Read more