Conair Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great corporate culture, great people, well known company.
System Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 29, 2015
Conair is a great place to work, the company is easily recognizable.

On a typical day you're expected to finish all the work assigned to you.
I learned how to prioritize workloads and people.
Management rarely interfered with our work, except to assist us.
Co-workers are amazing; very friendly, social, and always willing to help out.
Having to leave Conair for other opportunities.
Being able to solve difficult problems that plagued the department.
Pros
Free lunches, relaxed atmosphere, amenities, fun and friendly co-workers.
Cons
Health care.
Very Consumer and Customer oriented company
Consumer Repair Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenale AZSeptember 9, 2015
Excellent benefits. Large international corporation.
Pay increases for Management not the best. Hourly employees receive a .25 per hour increase each quarter.
Pros
Large corp.
Fast paced environment
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 24, 2015
A fast paced environment and must be on your feet all day, even when management decides tell you you have to stay for over time. It is a maditory 10 hours a week of over time. In the summer months with no A/C, it get's pretty uncomfortable inside.
Honest Hard working company
Customer Service Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  glendale azMarch 24, 2015
Excellent quality control and hard working honest people. Management works just as hard as the workers. Quality product that I would recommend to anyone.
Global fast paced consumer products company
Package Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 12, 2014
Fast pace consumer products company which sells hairdryers, curling irons and health care products
Fun laid back environment
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJApril 15, 2014
Track and analyze inventory
Learned inventory and forklift
Great co-workers
Cross trained with other departments
Good company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 24, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Conair. I got a lot of experience working directly with customers and was able to assist in creating POP displays as well as attending the annual Housewares Show in Chicago.
Wondering if these other reviews were written by the owners!
Assistant product manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford CTFebruary 19, 2014
This is a horrible place to work! I have never been in an office with a worse morale. Privately owned company means no one to answer to and is run like a loony bin. They don't promote internally and prefer employees to sit with their heads down and not ask questions. You do well here if you are a sheep. Horrible pay and very low raise cap per year.. Not enough to cover inflation! Upper management turns over within months- even they can't handle it! Do not put yourself through this!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad pay, little vacation, no room to grow, low raise, politics
Diverse work base
Director Sales & Mktg Ops - Cuisinart/Waring Divs (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 10, 2014
Everyday is different, which I love. Am not pigeion holed into one function. I am involved in every facet of the business.

I learned to listen to the problem, evaluate and make quick decisions to a solution. Numerous differnt issues presnt themselves during the course of the day.

Co-workers for the most part are exellent, just need to keep them focused and goal oriented towards the Corporations growth.

Hardest part at times is to get personnel to understand the whole picture. The goals of the Corporation is the main thrust, not just their own area of concern.

As stated earlier, the diversification that the job affords is the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJOctober 6, 2013
I received training for my current position

I have good relationship with other employees

I learn quickly

Want to know more about Conair Corporation?

Ask a question
While working at Conair I have learned many new things.
Web Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 20, 2013
I was hired as a web production artist but took on many different tasks. Most of the work is front end programming but I also get to design emails and code them in HTML to send out to consumers. I also get to design landing pages and web banner adds as well. I really enjoy the work I get to work on but I also enjoy the people I work with. I normally get along well with anyone but this place is so friendly that you end up knowing everyone in this 300+ person company.
Pros
great challenging atmosphere with plenty of friendly people
Cons
pay scale is a bit low but it benefits in healthcare and free lunch
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 2, 2013
Conair Corporation is very fast paced. Marketing and Product Development teams launch products in 6-9 months. Great company to learn all aspects of the industry.
Productive workplace
Junior PR Intern/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 4, 2013
Each day I am given a breakdown of the tasks my supervisor wants completed. I appreciate that I am able to learn from my supervisor and she gives me new tasks weekly so I can build my skills.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
travel/distance
Great work environment with family values.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 8, 2013
Co-workers and management were the best. The company cares for the employees and often showed their appreciation by throwing company wide lunches, softball games for team building, etc.
Great place to work!
Pros
positive atmosphere, happy employees.
Cons
that i left the company.
Excellent set up of the company from parking and landscape; to dimension format of the company.
Side Shift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2013
A typical day is arriving at work which is a beautiful entrance that makes employees proud of what they do for the community. Great from the lowest compensated to the highest makes it clear that without the next person the task will be compromised which goes against our mission statement. Of course as the economy suffers unfortunately so is certain positions throughout the corporate ladder.
Pros
processing mortgage loans
Cons
loans going into default
Can be a challenging environment if the individual is not resourcefull.
Assistant Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 1, 2013
Conair Corporation is a sales driven organization. Products are launched within the 6-9 month period, which is an accelerated timing.

You wear many hats, from brand marketing to trade marketing.

I've learned to develop a broad level expertise from promotional planning, to vendor relations, to navigating the system.

The hardest part of my job was the lack of training in terms of understanding the process. Being able to secure the right contact is key.

Co-workers are great and some have been in the company for a long time, while others do not stay that long because of the lack of support. Marketing seems to be a revolving door within this organization.
Pros
lunch is free as there is a cafeteria which you do not pay
Cons
lack of support in terms of training
Conair is a good job
Compounder B (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILNovember 6, 2012
A typical day is working together with my co-working as a team, getting every thing done in a timely mander, and to have a open mind to new ideals,there is no job to hard if you are willing to learn, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting it done on time all the time.
Pros
making people happy
Cons
is to all ways be on time.
Fast Paced Environment
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 28, 2012
Entering loads into AS400, Directing drivers where to go to get there load and handling all of the Bill of ladings. Billing the loads and sometimes filling all of the paperwork. I learned alot from Conair my manager and my co-workers we were all challenged at times. The hardest part of my job there would be months end when i would have about 20 drivers at a time and trying to get them all where they needed to be and there bills all with out any mix ups. Loved working with the different types of people and meeting new people.
Provides many young and talented designers to learn from.
Assistent Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 11, 2012
Great to Art Direct Photo shoots and manage fun and exciting projects. Participated in commercial concept development.
Pros
free lunch, great benefits
Fast paced family environment
Senior Account Executive, Public Relations Dept. (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 30, 2012
Typical day at work consists of corresponding with beauty editors and beauty bloggers, handling their product request, and product fact checking.
Oversee the status of new creative Public Relations jobs through designers, marketing, and legal.
Assist with the coordination and executing of Public Relations Events.
Pros
close to home
Cons
salary, and team memebers