Conair Corporation Employee Reviews

Old school office feel
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMarch 9, 2017
I would typically come into the office and begin by calling salesmen and clients to see what orders had been placed. I would then place the orders into a system called SAP. If the orders placed were delayed or not going through I would call shipping companies to see where they were and track them using a type of computer software with a name that currently escapes me. The culture was very old school and most of the employees were above the age of 35 which made it hard for a young guy like me to fit in, but they still made me feel welcome. The people in management were some of the nicest people I've ever met and they treat their employees very, very nicely.
Overall
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILMarch 1, 2017
Overall the 3 years I worked there, i did daily overtime, and completed not only my orders, but helped other and was not appreciated at all. I loved my job, my team, and my supervisor but was not appreciated by upper management.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Upper management
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILMarch 1, 2017
Con Air is a good working environment. Though I was not employed with the company long, I enjoyed working there mainly because everyone was so friendly and willing to show me the ropes so I wouldn't get behind on my line. My position was (Material Handler) keep bottles stocked on my line so we wouldn't run out. Management was professional as well.
Pros
friendly environment, general work, weekends off
Cons
low pay
cool place to work but very little upward mobility
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 14, 2017
it was a cool place to work, it was fast-paced, and kept you in shape but the hours were long and they wanted you to kiss butt for a job. they train you on the job but only if you bug them and do every little tiny thing they want. A few leads would also brown nose the supervisor and are willing to cut you down to get ahead.
Pros
dropped 30 pounds working there
Cons
short breaks, will switch departments without notice, bosses arent great, no communication
fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILFebruary 8, 2017
You get to work with people on a line all day, its nice because it fast-paced but you get to talk to people and get stuff done. the managers are also very nice people.
Pros
food available
Cons
no weekend work
bad place to work overall
Adecco Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILFebruary 7, 2017
I was a temp I worked my butt off even did other peoples jobs never got hired full time plus the people out there are rude and nasty not a good place.
Cons
Good job for the complacent
IT Support (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJFebruary 6, 2017
It's a good company where everyone knows each other. With that said, there is no upward mobility at least within the IT department. It seems like a place to get your feet wet, but if you have aspirations of growing within your field, do not get too comfortable
Pros
Subsidized lunches, mom and pop shop feeling
Cons
Pay, Sick Time, Vacation
Productive and organized work environment.
Intern (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Everything is very organized and managed very well. Everyone was extremely friendly and knew each other so it was a very homey feeling. The work took a lot of time and organization skills.
Funwork place . hard work lift .
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 21, 2016
I like the long hours and being able to always be busy . helped coworkers out at times.Always was able to be on time .. The best part of the job was the bonus
Pros
30mins breaks . heath benefits and great staff
Cons
No 401 k . and dangerous warehouse
packaging appliances
Packaging and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 25, 2016
Hand pack out. Duties include packaging and shipping in the UPS& return department. Other responsibilities include labeling and product inspection
I have been a Foreman for 2 years
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 4, 2016
I overlooked the progress of multiple crews, I had to maintain and keep track of all equipment that was used. I also had to keep track of the other worker's log sheets and their time sheets also. I am certified with a Kentucky Chemical license and I have a very hi-knowledge about trees and plants
Pros
Got Fridays off
Cons
Too much paperwork
Great corporate culture, great people, well known company.
System Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 29, 2015
Conair is a great place to work, the company is easily recognizable.

On a typical day you're expected to finish all the work assigned to you.
I learned how to prioritize workloads and people.
Management rarely interfered with our work, except to assist us.
Co-workers are amazing; very friendly, social, and always willing to help out.
Having to leave Conair for other opportunities.
Being able to solve difficult problems that plagued the department.
Pros
Free lunches, relaxed atmosphere, amenities, fun and friendly co-workers.
Cons
Health care.
Very Consumer and Customer oriented company
Consumer Repair Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenale AZSeptember 9, 2015
Excellent benefits. Large international corporation.
Pay increases for Management not the best. Hourly employees receive a .25 per hour increase each quarter.
Pros
Large corp.
Fast paced environment
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 24, 2015
A fast paced environment and must be on your feet all day, even when management decides tell you you have to stay for over time. It is a maditory 10 hours a week of over time. In the summer months with no A/C, it get's pretty uncomfortable inside.
Honest Hard working company
Customer Service Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  glendale azMarch 24, 2015
Excellent quality control and hard working honest people. Management works just as hard as the workers. Quality product that I would recommend to anyone.
Global fast paced consumer products company
Package Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 12, 2014
Fast pace consumer products company which sells hairdryers, curling irons and health care products
Fun laid back environment
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJApril 15, 2014
Track and analyze inventory
Learned inventory and forklift
Great co-workers
Cross trained with other departments
Good company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 24, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Conair. I got a lot of experience working directly with customers and was able to assist in creating POP displays as well as attending the annual Housewares Show in Chicago.
Wondering if these other reviews were written by the owners!
Assistant product manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford CTFebruary 19, 2014
This is a horrible place to work! I have never been in an office with a worse morale. Privately owned company means no one to answer to and is run like a loony bin. They don't promote internally and prefer employees to sit with their heads down and not ask questions. You do well here if you are a sheep. Horrible pay and very low raise cap per year.. Not enough to cover inflation! Upper management turns over within months- even they can't handle it! Do not put yourself through this!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad pay, little vacation, no room to grow, low raise, politics
Diverse work base
Director Sales & Mktg Ops - Cuisinart/Waring Divs (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 10, 2014
Everyday is different, which I love. Am not pigeion holed into one function. I am involved in every facet of the business.

I learned to listen to the problem, evaluate and make quick decisions to a solution. Numerous differnt issues presnt themselves during the course of the day.

Co-workers for the most part are exellent, just need to keep them focused and goal oriented towards the Corporations growth.

Hardest part at times is to get personnel to understand the whole picture. The goals of the Corporation is the main thrust, not just their own area of concern.

As stated earlier, the diversification that the job affords is the most enjoyable aspect of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conair Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.