Concentra Employee Reviews in United States

medical asst
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2016
I did enjoyed the company very much. Staff was a great team players when things need to get done. hours and pay was top of the line for a dream job. loved it..
Pros
hours
Cons
n/a
A Productive and fun work place with free coffee
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2016
I loved learning from the people at this location.This was the perfect place to complete my externship. I wish that they were hiring, because I would have loved to work there.
fast pace
Phlebotmist/Medical Assistance (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 17, 2016
Greet patients enter information in computer,vital signs,blood work,vaccines and audio and titmus testing.Good management,co-workers team players.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Can be some what stressful
Medial Assistant
Medical Assistant/Back office Mentor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2016
Acquired the skills necessary to perform tasks ordered by the Physician in an Urgent Care Facility. Staff were a pleasure to work with.
Good Workplace
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 15, 2016
High volume. Fast paced environment. Be prepared to run run run... Always something to do. Management is supportive.
Good place to gain experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
Loved the opportunity they gave me coming from a new graduate. Loved that they work with your school needs or family needs. The only thing I didn't like was how management approached you in something you did wrong or able to correct. Their answer is always get written up, no excuses, even if you did try to do the right thing or had no choice. The pay is good, the company got bought out by Select medical so no more overtime or paid holidays.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, no paid holidays, no overtime (only when needed)
Relaxed atmosphere.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2016
The atmosphere was very relaxed, for it to be in a call center environment it wasn't noisey. There was some micro managing and tit for tat favoritism. Not a place to seek a career.
great place to work
APRN (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoy working there, they have a flexible schedule. They really care about patient satisfaction. Good opportunity for advancement
Large Company that changes all the time
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 5, 2016
Very challenging and a lot of changes. You will learn valuable skills. Must be willing to adapt to culture. Work life balance is very hard for managers
Good work environment
Local account support (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 5, 2016
Many changes going on. Still working out a lot of new issues and adding to work load. All the supervisors are great.
Front desk
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
With over a hundred patients we saw each day I registered in new and existing patients, patients coming in for emergencies due to an accident, random drug tests, physicals, Hazard physicals, FAA, patients coming in for physical therapy. scanned information into computer copied I.Ds/Ins. Called patients with drug test results.
I learned a lot at this company about the different types of drug tests and physicals along with the urgency of patients well being.
Management was good and fair whereas everyone in the whole company had to be cross trained. Co-workers always busy but still being team players no problems with no one.
The hardest part of the job was seeing patients wanting to see a doctor or nurse on an emergency after everyone had left for the day and have to send them elsewhere.
Enjoying that everyone was important in every department and we all respected that.
Pros
our manager provided free snacks and drinks for staff.
Cons
whenever someone was ill couldn't work a empoyee would be pulled from their area to fill in.
ohhhhh concentra
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2016
would not work or bring my family here. The back office is way under staffed with no immediate signs of being resolved. The Company was sold to another company so practices were not as I was told when being hired. If you work here be prepared to be worked hard and expected to work at this level day in day out. So not worth it.
Pros
staff is great
Cons
maagement, pay, hours
Informative, you will learn a great deal
Lead Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2016
Typical day includes a fast paced work environment, interacting with patients, admitting, discharging and scheduling patients, verifying insurance.
Pros
Lots of training
Wonderful work environment
CMA Intern (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 26, 2016
Interning at Concentra Urgent care has been a great experience for me. Helping people is exactly what we do. A typical day is very busy and is never a dull moment. Ive obtained the skills to check patients in and out of an electronic health records system, I take their vitals and perform vision acuity tests, audiogram tests, EKGs and draw blood specimens almost on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to and feeling appreciated by the patients when they tell you that you've helped them with their health and getting qualified for their pre employment physicals.
team was great they helped each other out
(internship)-(medical assistant) (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 24, 2016
the whole staff was great, they did their jobs and also helped each other if they needed it. i had a great experience as an intern, they taught me many things i used at other job sites.
Unique place to work with new challenges daily.
Assistant Area Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 18, 2016
Always learning new aspects of the job. Mix between medical and retail. Responsible for all aspects of running the center.
Great atmosphere to learn
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 13, 2016
I did my externship at Concentral Medical Center. Everyone there was kind and helpful and I learned a lot.
work mill
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Golden Glades, FLJune 9, 2016
this is your typical work factory. All they care about is the numbers. forget patient care and staff importance. Would not recommend to any one looking for a long term position.
Busy and productive
Deposit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDJune 5, 2016
Everyday is busy and productive at Concentra. You are busy from the time you punch in, until the time you punch out.

There is always something new to learn within your job detail, and the supervisors there are very knowledgeable. Since I really enjoy what I do, I think the hardest part of the job is me trying to leave on time because I don't like to leave any job undone, and like to get as much done for the next day.

At the moment, I have the greatest co-workers. We are family, always looking out for each other and assisting each other when needed. This is something that I truly enjoy about my job.
Pros
bonuses and discounted urgent care price
Cons
Having to use personal time for major holidays, sick and vaction
great work place
Medical Claim Counselor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 2, 2016
busy but great place to work. loved the atmosphere of the office and the people I worked with. handled medical claims from start to finish