Concentra

Concentra Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 27, 2015
A typical day at Concentra would be taking care of patients, doing drug & alcohol screening, EKGs, physicals, and general patient care. The hardest part of the job is time maintenance. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients.
Concentra was an okay company to work for and to learned new things about healthcare
Payment Poster & Billing Payment Poster Supervisor (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: Employees incentives example: paid time off if met quota for the month
Cons: Health insurance expensive
Concentra Medical Center taught me a lot about adjustment payment contracts but its a company that has a limited level of growth in the company.
great Place
Employee (Former Employee), NashvilleMay 22, 2015
Great Nurses and Staff
great culture , over worked but very Loyal and dedicated
Not given the support they need but they make it work , I was always very proud of them
Work plae
Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2015
This is a fun company to work for people there are great. However, management could show a little more caring. I have learned a lot and am being trained as a preceptor so I can train people in drug screens.
Office environment with catered lunches every couple of months
Cash Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 12, 2015
I worked for this company for about five years. I enjoyed the work I did because I could actually see and end result each day. The staff were all friendly as well. Overall it was a good place to work.
They don't really live by the "Orange Book"
Mid-Level (Former Employee), San AntonioMay 11, 2015
I am not surprised at the number of poor reviews this company gets. The only good thing about this company is the benefits. At the interview I was promised a certain schedule. After 2 months my AMD changed and so did the schedule. I was micro-managed, badgered and made to feel incompetent. I have been practicing for many years and never have I been treated with such disrespect. In the end, I was forced to resign. Don't sign anything unless it is in writing including your schedule. In fact...you may want to reconsider working there.
A fast pace enviroment, never a dull moment
Physical Therapy Support Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great PTO benifits
Cons: Must work most holidays.
Always very busy, the best part of my job is seeing the patients improving. I have been with this company ten years and now three owners, its time to move on.
Fast Paced and Hard working enviroment
Medical Assisting Extern (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 8, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced
During my Extern at Concentra I became very comfortable with the work environment. I learned so much from front office to back office duties. I definitely enjoyed my time there because I knew exactly what I had to do and if I had any questions someone was always there to help. The hardest part of the Job was the amount of patients that were seen a day from 90-100 patients. It was overwhelming because of such short staff and providers.
execellent
Externship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2015
Pros: lots of experience
Cons: long hours
Great place to utilize al of your skills. great place to get a start if just out of school. Fast pace employment. You will see over 200 patients a day. No down time some staff can be lazy and you must distant your self from drama.
great place to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: bouns and overtime and holiday pay off holidays
Cons: short breaks
Enjoyed working with patient helping them get there appointments they need. Learn the other side of the medical field behind the desk getting approvers from adjuster . Great co-workers that helped one other to get there goals at the work place. Hardest part about the waiting on the adjuster approve.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 4, 2015
Concentra is a great place to work. Very fast paced environment with many different responsibilities within the office. I assisted with many physicals, performed drug, urine, hair, hearing and vision testing. Phlebotomy was a huge part of my job and I loved it! The team of professionals I worked with and for were the best group of people I have ever worked with!
Overworked and little pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 4, 2015
Would not recommend. Very disorganized. The company has great intentions but does not know how to manage. They give the Dr's too much control.
Office Politics
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 3, 2015
This job is just that.....A JOB.The coworker watch you like a hawk and then like to go back and tell the supervisor on you if you even decide to sneeze yet alone go to the bathroom.

They all focus on numers not patient care
employee appreciation
medical assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: reminders of your short comings
This company, at least in Pittsburgh, PA, does not value employees. Your hard work will go unnoticed. Do not apply. This company surveys a fraction of the patients cared for. No matter what you as an individual do, the overall survey affects your own personal review/ raise. DO NOT APPLY
Awesome organization
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Dallas Fort Worth TX.April 19, 2015
Awesome workplace. Upper management really buys into the mission and company values. The organization really believes in providing the best care for all patients. Colleagues strive for great customer service.
No talking, just listening
Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Americus, GAApril 17, 2015
Listen to prerecorded phone calls. Active listening skiil needed. Learned to sit for a long poriod. Will work with you school schedule.
Meet new people everyday!
Front Office Specialist II (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 15, 2015
Our Mission
Improving America’s health, one patient at a time.

Our vision
Provide the highest quality clinical experience delivered with Orange Book service and exceptional consistency by engaged, welcoming, respectful, and skillful colleagues.

Our values
A healing focus,
A selfless heart,
A tireless resolve.
Horrible company to work for
Portland Market Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 15, 2015
Cons: Bad management
Support staff bullied and constantly criticized. This was a terrible place to work and had I to do it all over again, I would never have accepted the position. It was advertised as FT with benefits but ended up being PT with no benefits.
Challenging work environment
Center Operations Director (Former Employee), Timonium, MDApril 11, 2015
Staff are wonderful people to work with, upper management lack qualifications and people skills. There is not much more I would say about this company.
Concentra provided a good company environment to work in. The management was intent on getting tasks completed timely and accurately.
Contract Accountant (Former Employee), Addison, TXApril 9, 2015
While here, I did not feel any reason to disagree with my management, and thought that overall they were very considerate of the staff. We did have team building events every couple of months that were a good break.

1 2 3 4 5

About Concentra

Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation, – Read more

Concentra Salaries