Concentra Employee Reviews

Has been a learing experience working at Concentra
Accountants Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Concentra over the past 14 years. Meet and worked with some very enjoyable people. I had the greatest AP Manager, great to work for and with.
Great work environment with room to go
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Co workers always help each other
The hardest part of this job was working with other teams.
The best part of the job was learning and growing.
Concentra Is an amazing place to work
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2016
I love what I do and my co-workers are amazing we work as a team and help one another out with out hesitation. The Atmosphere is friendly and truly humble.
my job
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 1, 2016
pay is pretty good, no room for growth. Management sucks! Not very open and honest with workers. I would not make this a place to start my career.
Continuing to get better
Director (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 23, 2016
The company is moving in a great direction. Growth strategy and a return in focus to occupational medicine leaves the company poised for success. Sr. Leadership has changed in the last 12 months, but again, these changes are positive and bringing Concentra back to the success of earlier years.

The organization understands the importance of work/life balance.
Pros
Flexibility and great people
Cons
Change
Great Coworkers!
Front Office/Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2016
I love working at Concentra - it is a great company that I can transfer to different locations all over the world - I can not wait to see where it takes me.
great peple to work with
NATIONAL PROTOCOL SPECIALIST Concentra (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2016
It was a great company to work for. I got to work with some of the best medical management team and was honored to get trained by them.
Fast paced work envirnment
LEAD RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 9, 2016
There is never a dull moment at Concentra. Between urgent care, and workman's compensation patient, we see a lot of people on any given day. The phones ring non stop, and there is always something to do, whether it be reporting physical results, scanning imaging results into patient charts, are walking a patient to physical therapy. For the most part, everyone works together as a team. Our manager steps in to help, sometimes without us even asking him to. Multitasking is a vital job skill here.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Minimal room for professional growth
great place to work
CASE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 17, 2015
This was a great company to work for. especially since they were connected with united health care. Great benefits. closed location in Lombard.
occupational medicine
Medical Support Specialist/MA (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 15, 2015
Concentra is the place to work if you are looking for occupational medicine. It is faced paced and there is also a urgent care side as well.
Pros
medical benefits, hours
Cons
job security
no longer a sense of fulliment
Center Operations Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2015
There is no room for growth after meeting the requirement for advancement the opportunity. There role of a manager is so micro managed I have been thru 9 managers in the 11 years I have been with the company.
Generally High Ratings
Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 9, 2015
Concentra has a diverse, highly intelligent and friendly workforce. It has been a pleasure to work at Concentra and there are opportunities to grow and learn. Work/life balance is generally good and the company has a liberal work from home policy.
Concentra is work intensive and usually requires more than an 8 hour day.
The benefits have, for the most part, been good. Pay is not as competitive.
Concentra was recently purchased by Select Medical and integration is ongoing. The culture, benefits, etc. will change w/ the new owners and the company will become much more lean. There have been several reductions in force.
Productive work environment
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2015
Great place to enhance your commucation skills with a supportive team as back up. Money doesn't matter because the interaction I get with the patients is priceless. Making sure their patient experience was successful is all that matters to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing the patients, the hardest is when a patient isn't satisfied.
Pros
Changing someone's attitude
Very busy place to work.
Physical Therapy Support Specialist. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2015
Go in to work everyday under staffed. You go into work already with failure. The demand of the staff is high. They want patients to be checked in and out as quick as possible and if not you'll get written up for it. There is not balance of quality and quantity there. So many patients and no enough staff so quality and quantity fall through the cracks and then you end up getting written up for it. Supervisors are aware but still demand more. Good co-workers to work with but over all working environment and working conditions are encouraging enough to want to go to work there. I don't recommend it to anyone if you plan on having life. Schedules are horrible.
Cons
working environment, under staffed, expectations of staff are unattainable.
Concentra
RN, Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 1, 2015
Working at Concentra medical Centers allowed me to expand my experience past nursing and business. I learned a tremendous amount about Marketing and sales.
Typical day at work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 26, 2015
Management place rules in effect, but they themselves do not adhere to the rules set by the company. The company as a whole has been sold twice and management has changes so much within 5 years. There goals for making bonuses for employees is unrealistic. The encourage people to return to school, but cannot accommodate a schedule after telling the employees that they will work with them.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Poor Management
No one wants to train new employees, and so you are thrown to the wolves,and they don't care. Extremely fast paced. Rude, arrogant supervisors
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 26, 2015
Poor training. A few rude coworkers, who say they hate their job. Otherwise, nice coworkers. Ancient building and system. Needs reorganization, new trainers and supervisors. Bottom line is the company is very cheap, and it's all about the money, and patients are rushed ~ no time for quality patient care.
Pros
Nice Operations Director. and Physical Therapists
Cons
No support and low wages for very stressful days! All about their Revenue.
Summary of Job Experience
Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 25, 2015
Can be very busy and hectic. Over all OK. Could be better. Non existent loyalty to employees. Basically it's just corporate big boys as usual. They do not think twice about severing your job to provide a space for their buddies, who just want to move in town!
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Very little breaks
fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 18, 2015
I loved the job and the opportunity to work with patients and make them feel better but I felt no respect or help from any of my co workers. most things I had to learn alone
Pros
working with patients
Cons
mangement
Extremely Fast paced work environtment
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 10, 2015
Ask employees for too much work for too little of pay. Not a ton of room to grow outside of your job title. Workplace is EXTREMELY fast paced. On your feet 9 hours a day, compensation does not match up to workload.
Pros
insurance packages to choose from
Cons
Understaffed