Concentra

Concentra Employer Reviews

learning experience
Extern (Former Employee), special sevicesJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: furthering my skills
Cons: not enough rooms
At Concentra I was able to grow and learn while helping others. I learned from doctors and other staff members. Everyday was a new adventure because everyday we had new patient with different stories to share. What I mean by that is through customer service skills I would build a trust with the patient to help get them back to work 100%.
Front Desk Office Specialist
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: fast pace, great leadership, opportunity for growth
Cons: long hours, low wages, high turn over rates
I have worked for Concentra my entire adult life. Having the opportunity to work with them was truly a blessing. It can be a difficult job at times because we are working with angry people that are not happy they need to come get drug tested by us. A lot of the time patients are upset and take it out on the staff. It can be a mental challenge having to work with patients like that all day every day. However, over my eight years working there I have learned to overcome that stress. Days can still be rough but I now have the strong customer service skills, confidence, and motivation that allows me to stay professional and become a positive part of their day. It has taught me how to deal with people from all walks of life.
Productive office along with fun
Auditor/Medical Biller (Former Employee), 3777 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach CAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day for me at the office was being on the computer and having fun with our co-workers but we always got our work done. I learned how Medical Billing works. Management was awesome. Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part for me was learning something new. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers and upper management.
Productive & fun workplace
Front office specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Concentra has awesome management, awesome co-workers. A typical day at Concentra was unpredictable. My favorite part of my job was helping patients. I learned more about workers compensation cases and what the protocol was.
Great place
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: company meetings
Cons: downsized company got shut down
My very first job I loved it I learned the medical lingo there first very exciting job to me.
Great employees
IT Asset Management Analyst (Current Employee), Addison, TXDecember 31, 2014
Poor management ---lack of training

But great people to work with and great culture
Family oriented employment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Americus, GADecember 28, 2014
It was a learning experience with top notch employers and employees.
Productive high speed work place. Keep you on your toes.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Rosedale MdDecember 26, 2014
Pros: frequent lunchons
Cons: no raises
A typical day at work for me was very busy. However very productive and challenging. I see about 35-40+ patients but its all worth it considering I absolutely love my line of work. Being at Concentra I've learned a lot that I know I can take with me on future journeys in a new workplace also in life. I've learned many different procedures and techniques that i hadn't been introduced to during my school clinical process. Management definitely was not the highlight of my day. I felt you never got recognition for the right and good your did for the company. Always being pulled up for negativity. The hardest part of my job i would have to say was picking up the slack of my co workers. Not that I am not all for helping the team but sometimes it became very overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of my job was the warm greetings from the patients. You get to see familiar faces when you stick around. They always made everything seem worth it.
Great place to learn.
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 17, 2014
I would have stayed except upper management changes way too often and gives a feeling of being unstable.
Nice place to work
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 16, 2014
High pace fast moving organization that is willing to go the extra mile to make sure the patient is well taken care of.
Growing Company but little room for advancement
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Addison, TXDecember 16, 2014
Within this company there are people that have been there for 5years plus with no growth. They offer .30 raise a year.
There is always plenty of work to do, however assignments seem to change daily. It not in all a bad company, they just need to offer better compensation as there are plenty of places in the same area that pay well over what Concentra does.
Varying
radiologic technologist (Current Employee), Waco, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced, varied
Cons: can sometimes be chaotic
If you get bored doing just one thing and like a fast pace, you'll love oncentra.
interesting and different working in Federal facility
Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Radford Arsenal, Radford, Va.December 11, 2014
Pros: new experience. compatibility of co-workers
Cons: long, long driving that took time from family
Arrived at work at 6 a.m. and stayed until 5 p.m. One had to stay at the hospital unless escorted by safety personnel. I was introduced to a multiple number of procedures and chemicals that I had never had contact with in my prior work places., This was a wonderful work experience
Management and my co workers were excellent to work with me and teach me how this type of facility was run.
The best part of the job was the knowledge gained. The most difficult was the 2 hour drive one way each day. It became difficult for me to be on the road 5 hours daily.
Great Company to work for
Center Administrator (Former Employee), Romulus, MiNovember 22, 2014
Pros: education, good management, and co-workers
Cons: i really can't think of anything other than, it was work. i truly miss working for them.
It could be very fast past, crazy place to work, but, they were a company that was committed to the success of their employees as well as clients. They always encouraged us to attend seminar's and were not afraid to recognize those that deserved it.
Good company, rewarding.
Medical Assitant (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 18, 2014
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: alot of work.
good company, good people, good pay. good benefits. alot of work to do per day.
Professional Medical Facility
Externship (Former Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 16, 2014
The staff here was exceptional and a great work environment. Concentra would be very great fit for me and fits well with my qualifications and goals. The staff was able to teach me certain tasks and showed me valuable different perspectives of the medical industry that I did not learn in medical school.

Management was very trustworthy and professional and so were the medical staff that was there.

The hardest part of this job was not being able to complete certain tasks because of lack of qualifications for being a student on a externship. The most enjoyable part of this externship was being able to deal with patients face to face and be able to help them with their needs as well as being able to contribute my clinical and administrative skills.
Open door policy with no micro managing.
A/R Rep. - Central Billing Office (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2014
Pros: we are able to set our own schedules and wear casual yet office appropiate clothes.
Cons: there is never enough hours in the day for all work to be completed.
Very busy with heavy phone work, yet comfortable enviroment at the same time. I manage four states for work compensation claims.The laws are not the same which can be challenging. My calls consist of speaking with insurance carriers, employers and our many clinics. Re-billing, mailing and updating of information is part of my daily duties among other projects through out the weeks. My director is not a micro manager, and allows us our opininons without recourse. She amazingly keeps our office up beat and productive. We have a very low turn over in personel which is amazing these days. I have enjoyed every learning day I have spent here. It is challenging keeping up with all the constant changes in the medical billing world .. The fact that I have such amazing supervisors as well as co-workers that are never to busy to help one another is truely rare. .
Fast pace.
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2014
Pros: great doctors
Short Breaks. Unorganized. Poor management, and high turn over of employees.
ok
RMA, CEAS (Current Employee), Lincoln, ALNovember 9, 2014
I work for Concentra @ Honda in Lincoln Alabama. Its a great place to work. I've learned a lot since I've been here. Management is just ok. Co-workers are ok. The hardest part of the job is the 65 miles that it takes me to get there and home.
Very fast pace different and enjoyable.
Medical Assisant (Former Employee), Oakland PA 15213November 7, 2014
always a smile to be given or had. I learned that that can do anything, The staff are awesome . seeing patient come in injured and in pain, then leaving after very designed medical care there happy and healed body.

1 2 3 4 5

About Concentra

Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation, – Read more