Concentra

Concentra Employee Reviews

Good environment to work
Quality Assessor/Customer Service Calls (Former Employee), Americus, GAJune 22, 2015
Sitting listening to customer service recorded calls.. It can get long & boring sometimes just sitting there.. Good thing is it's a really easy job.
good learning enviroment for a student
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 22, 2015
i was a student here, so i did everything i possible could to gain experience in the field and they were happy to help me, most enjoyable part was feeling like part of the team, they never really treated me like a student,
Overall, good starting sales job.
Account Executive (Former Employee), OKJune 19, 2015
Pros: flexable scheulde, strong leadership roles
Cons: pay, new managment
They do extensive sales training, which is extremely valuable. Their sales training is actually recognized as being top notch among other sales organizations. I left because of a change in management and – more... restructuring. Towards my end of employment it seems the company cared less and less about the employees and even customers, but this position did teach me a ton about leadership, sales, customer service and overall experience. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to break into medical type sales. Pay is decent, but again its more of an entry level position. I think I made roughly 70k (45 base, 400/month car/gas, and commission was quarterly) – less
challenging
Per Diem RN (Current Employee), PAJune 19, 2015
Pros: per diem
Cons: not paid time and a half for holidays.
Each day offers new learning experiences. Some days are very challenging. I enjoy the variety of experiences. Computer experience a must, flexibility a must when working in this enviroment
This was not a place for me
DEPOSIT PREP SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDJune 18, 2015
I did not enjoy my work experience at Concentra. The management was not fair to the employees. There was a lot of conflicts there and the other employees were not team players.
Cash Poster (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: good team members
Cons: high insurance
nice place to work. Fun enivornment, Great pay, Little training. Lots of interaction. Good leadership. Allowed to give feedback on what's going on in the departments. Able to move up.
Poor management - awesome clinical team
Radiological Technologist \ MA (Former Employee), Johns Creek, GeorgiaJune 2, 2015
Worked for this company 3 years. Management disorganized which made it difficult for staff. A lot of "backstabbing" and undermining. Decent pay, but there is better out there. LONG hours. Little appreciation. – more... Ridiculous quarterly meetings concerning nothing to do with the clinic. This may have been managements issue more than corporate. Over all....I'd give the company a 4 star...management a 1. – less
Fast paced environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 27, 2015
A typical day at Concentra would be taking care of patients, doing drug & alcohol screening, EKGs, physicals, and general patient care. The hardest part of the job is time maintenance. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients.
Concentra was an okay company to work for and to learned new things about healthcare
Payment Poster & Billing Payment Poster Supervisor (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: Employees incentives example: paid time off if met quota for the month
Cons: Health insurance expensive
Concentra Medical Center taught me a lot about adjustment payment contracts but its a company that has a limited level of growth in the company.
great Place
Employee (Former Employee), NashvilleMay 22, 2015
Great Nurses and Staff
great culture , over worked but very Loyal and dedicated
Not given the support they need but they make it work , I was always very proud of them
Work plae
Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2015
This is a fun company to work for people there are great. However, management could show a little more caring. I have learned a lot and am being trained as a preceptor so I can train people in drug screens.
Office environment with catered lunches every couple of months
Cash Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 12, 2015
I worked for this company for about five years. I enjoyed the work I did because I could actually see and end result each day. The staff were all friendly as well. Overall it was a good place to work.
They don't really live by the "Orange Book"
Mid-Level (Former Employee), San AntonioMay 11, 2015
I am not surprised at the number of poor reviews this company gets. The only good thing about this company is the benefits. At the interview I was promised a certain schedule. After 2 months my AMD – more... changed and so did the schedule. I was micro-managed, badgered and made to feel incompetent. I have been practicing for many years and never have I been treated with such disrespect. In the end, I was forced to resign. Don't sign anything unless it is in writing including your schedule. In fact...you may want to reconsider working there. – less
A fast pace enviroment, never a dull moment
Physical Therapy Support Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great PTO benifits
Cons: Must work most holidays.
Always very busy, the best part of my job is seeing the patients improving. I have been with this company ten years and now three owners, its time to move on.
Fast Paced and Hard working enviroment
Medical Assisting Extern (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 8, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced
During my Extern at Concentra I became very comfortable with the work environment. I learned so much from front office to back office duties. I definitely enjoyed my time there because I knew exactly what – more... I had to do and if I had any questions someone was always there to help. The hardest part of the Job was the amount of patients that were seen a day from 90-100 patients. It was overwhelming because of such short staff and providers. – less
execellent
Externship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2015
Pros: lots of experience
Cons: long hours
Great place to utilize al of your skills. great place to get a start if just out of school. Fast pace employment. You will see over 200 patients a day. No down time some staff can be lazy and you must distant your self from drama.
great place to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: bouns and overtime and holiday pay off holidays
Cons: short breaks
Enjoyed working with patient helping them get there appointments they need. Learn the other side of the medical field behind the desk getting approvers from adjuster . Great co-workers that helped one other to get there goals at the work place. Hardest part about the waiting on the adjuster approve.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 4, 2015
Concentra is a great place to work. Very fast paced environment with many different responsibilities within the office. I assisted with many physicals, performed drug, urine, hair, hearing and vision testing. Phlebotomy was a huge part of my job and I loved it! The team of professionals I worked with and for were the best group of people I have ever worked with!
Overworked and little pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 4, 2015
Would not recommend. Very disorganized. The company has great intentions but does not know how to manage. They give the Dr's too much control.
Office Politics
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 3, 2015
This job is just that.....A JOB.The coworker watch you like a hawk and then like to go back and tell the supervisor on you if you even decide to sneeze yet alone go to the bathroom.

They all focus on numers not patient care

1 2 3 4 5

About Concentra

Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation, – Read more

Concentra Salaries