Concentra Employee Reviews

Great group of coworkers
Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I work with an amazing group, my immediate supervisor is fabulous. A typical day at work consists of a lot of different things from urine drug screens to diagnostic x-rays. Some days are very busy and other days not so much. I have learned so many different aspects of the medical assistant job and then I have learned so much from a few different techs that I have worked with over the last three years. My direct supervisor is amazing, she understands and gets to know every single worker, but the chain of command seems to get weaker the higher up you go. Everyone that works in our clinic get along very well and we all help each other. The hardest part of the job I would say has to be the company representatives that you deal with that do not understand how the clinic works. There are also patients that seem to get really upset with you when they do not pass their exams and you have to keep them calm. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say is the smiles that you get from all the patients that you help out.
Pros
Amazing coworkers. Free lunches, quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Lunches at different times nothing is set but that is the healthcare field.
very fast friendly employees and doctors.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2017
I did my Extern at Concentra. And i have learned a lot from them. they helped me to get trough my mistakes, I did vital sighns,paper work urinalysis,eye exam and etic.
Nice company
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Good company to work for.
Overall Nice staff
They try to be understanding to family/ life balance
Worth Looking into for sure!
great place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 17, 2017
One of my first sales only jobs, great experience. A little tough at the time to track sales as they did not have a CRM when I was there, but otherwise great.
Fast Paced
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Focused on quickly organizing and sorting through patient's information. The best environment to learn how to multi-task efficiently and successfully.
Faced paced work place
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen BurnieJanuary 16, 2017
Very fast paced work place, must be able to multitask. The Concentra in Glen Burnie is not a good place to work. The workers constantly complain and do not work well together as a team. We have had 3 different managers within 3 years. There is no direction and no order.
Pros
no PTO
Cons
30 min lunch
Friendly but fast-paced environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 15, 2017
Working in an urgent care, you learn to move fast but stay polite and friendly. My co-workers are very nice and funny, always answered any questions that i have and was open to making a space for me in their Concentra family.
Pros
Pay, wonderful co-workers
Cons
No full time available
This was a very demanding place to work
supervisor radiology technician/medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 15, 2017
Not a good place to work there is no job security and this company does not care about the employees or their patients. The only thing that they care about is the money. I would never work there again!
Pros
Cons
They work you and do not care about employees or their clients.
Fast paced environment
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 12, 2017
Fast paced environment, working as a team in essential to get the job done in a timely matter. The most enjoyable part the job has is the gratitude we received from injured customer.
Good employer and willing to allow you to work independently
Occupation onsite nurse manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSJanuary 11, 2017
Good support system and willing to help when help is needed. Assistance is always available. Benefits are the best I have ever had. Enjoy the ability to work independently. Over all a great company.
concentra
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  milwaukee locationsJanuary 4, 2017
Yes the pay is great but the coworkers, and upper management making you move from clinic to clinc every week when you said in the interview you did not want to do that did not matter they make you do it anyway.
Pros
pay
Cons
stress full and travel
front office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85004January 3, 2017
I did not work here long. Not a bad company to work for. I started here when they were pretty new. They pay well and have room for advancement.
Concentra
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 29, 2016
The company itself was not bad at all. Good benefits! The problem was the Directors and co managers. never gave a opportunity to people that worked. Always made bad decisions. That's one of the reasons why Concentra is not available to the public here in Bakersfield Ca.
Benefits
Cons
Management, and pay
Just another job
Exit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sterling, MIDecember 29, 2016
I don't remember much about this job, i was an exit clerk as well as a medical assistant. I liked the employees and management
Pros
its a job
Cons
no advancement
focused on occupational medicine
Director Specialist Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2016
heavy PT focus on return to work
independent workplace for remote employees
footprint expansion in south underway and some NE states
Fast Paced Work Environment
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 25, 2016
Concentra is a very fast paced work environment. There is a lot that you need to know to be able to work there. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with the patients.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Short breaks
Proficient with DOT requirements
Radiology Technologist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 16, 2016
from physicals,DOT requirements, drug screenings, BAT screenings, hair follicles samples for employment background checks this company covers it all. Especially on the urgent care matter and physical therapy department.
could be better
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 7, 2016
worked way to many hours, almost 60hrs a week, with no availability to promote. pay was very low in the beginning. Very understaffed
Crazy
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Americus, GADecember 6, 2016
This was an ok place to work with the exception of the co-workers and team leads. The reason I gave it one star is because of that. Schedules were changed at random and team leads were messy. There was always someone trying to be with someone else's man or woman and it really just caused more drama in the workplace than was necessary.
productive work environment
PRN Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  5700 Harper DR NE suite 110 Albuquerque,NM 87109December 2, 2016
Was able to keep busy throughout the day. Patients and staff were pleasant to work with. Very fast paced job. The pay was not so great especially for a PRN position. This is a very enjoyable job.
Pros
The job, patients and staff
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.