Concentra Employee Reviews in United States

The worst!!!!!!!!!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta airportMarch 14, 2016
Don't do it! Do not apply for Atlanta airport center! Worst ever, company has gone down a lot. No 401k match, 2cent raise, no holiday pay anymore, no job security, inexperienced HR, manager there has issues. Company doesn't care about regular staff. Too much pressure. So many tasks on your plate and they add more by promising companies and patients things they don't do but have us do it. No recognition. You will overwork yourself with a simple 8hour shift as no overtime is allowed. Short staffed but won't hire because corporate is greedy now. The worst place ever I'm leaving. Sad a good employee was termed because management was miserable with themselves. Higher ups never ask employees how the job is but I'm assuming they know what the outcome will be. Don't express your feelings to them, you will receive a random drug test. Will loose your sanity and health due to stress. New hires quit within weeks. Don't do it!!!
Generally High Ratings
Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 9, 2015
Concentra has a diverse, highly intelligent and friendly workforce. It has been a pleasure to work at Concentra and there are opportunities to grow and learn. Work/life balance is generally good and the company has a liberal work from home policy.
Concentra is work intensive and usually requires more than an 8 hour day.
The benefits have, for the most part, been good. Pay is not as competitive.
Concentra was recently purchased by Select Medical and integration is ongoing. The culture, benefits, etc. will change w/ the new owners and the company will become much more lean. There have been several reductions in force.
love working with veterans but pay and company is a mess
VA CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 25, 2016
there is NO growth what so ever with this company..so understaff all the time..u can forget about good raises or bonuses...this company is okay to start fresh out of school for experience but that's about it,..the benefits suck..love the staff but its so busy at times and we need more help..and when someone is finally hired it takes them a while to start..
Pros
hours of schedule are flexible
Fast paced work envirnment
LEAD RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 9, 2016
There is never a dull moment at Concentra. Between urgent care, and workman's compensation patient, we see a lot of people on any given day. The phones ring non stop, and there is always something to do, whether it be reporting physical results, scanning imaging results into patient charts, are walking a patient to physical therapy. For the most part, everyone works together as a team. Our manager steps in to help, sometimes without us even asking him to. Multitasking is a vital job skill here.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Minimal room for professional growth
Fast paced, enjoyable place to work, friendly
Lead Radiologic Technologist, Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 8, 2015
Exciting and fast paced place to work. There is a lot of growth available with the company. Small staff allows you to become a very close "family". Management likes to get to know you on a more personal level, making you enjoy coming to work each day. A typical day for me can be anything from answering phones in our front office and scheduling stat appointments; to assisting the doctor with a laceration and following up with vitals and an x-ray. In between doing this I always direct the back office staff as the patient facilitator, making our center run more smoothly and allowing the patient visit to be more enjoyable. The clinical preceptor role is also my responsibility. Training new staff of students as well as monthly competences with the current staff.
Pros
good benefits, small staff, PTO
Cons
Short staffed, walk in center
Good company to work for, but not for everyone.
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 13, 2015
Working at Concentra is fast paced and extremely busy. My day goes by really quick for the most part. Scheduled 8.5 hour days but still clock out for lunch. Our bonuses/raises are based off of our numbers which is hard because not all people are good candidates for rating us. I wish it could be off of something else. But you register new hires, injured workers, suspicious workers, Dot physicals, a Urgent Care, etc. you go over paperwork then discharge them which entails of mailing, faxing, of giving to the patient. Some companies ask for more than one. Every company has their own set of procedure. You see all sorts of things. You are always on the phone. Up and down. All over the place! Management does a lot of favoritism. At least in my experience and in my opinion. It's easy to tell who is liked more than someone else. But overall, I like my job and hope to move up (but I heard it is hard) in the next year or two.
Pros
Pay, hours, and PTO
Cons
Rude patients, understaffed, and favoritism
medical
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 19, 2016
not much advancement, not many pay raises but lots of additional job duties. no paid Holiday's and when clinic is closed you loose out on the hours. Never enough staff
Pros
hours of operation
Fast paced but a great place learn and work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at work was busy, but a lot of information you lot daily. Patients come in daily from minor to major issues/illnesses which required quick and prompt attention. I learned alot of information pertaining skill and knowledge based care for patients. My manager and the management at this job was exceptional. They are helpful and motivators. My co-workers were also helpful in teaching me things. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to eat lunch at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and teaching them information on how to care for themselves at when they go home.
Pros
Benefits were great and an enjoyable place to work
Cons
Very busy
occupational medicine
Medical Support Specialist/MA (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 15, 2015
Concentra is the place to work if you are looking for occupational medicine. It is faced paced and there is also a urgent care side as well.
Pros
medical benefits, hours
Cons
job security
Ok place to work if its your first medical job
Referral, Specialist/Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  idkDecember 7, 2015
Concentra is great for entry level employee's.Cool place to learn and grow.Very fast passed company.................................
Pros
nice boss
Cons
always on your feet no pay raise
Extremely Fast paced work environtment
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 10, 2015
Ask employees for too much work for too little of pay. Not a ton of room to grow outside of your job title. Workplace is EXTREMELY fast paced. On your feet 9 hours a day, compensation does not match up to workload.
Pros
insurance packages to choose from
Cons
Understaffed
great place to work
CASE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 17, 2015
This was a great company to work for. especially since they were connected with united health care. Great benefits. closed location in Lombard.
"Patient-Centered" services; Employees not really considered
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 19, 2015
Overall, Concentra is an okay company to work for. From my experience, it has been very hard to advance within the company. Patients usually have a negative idea of what an Concentra experience can be so you have to work extra hard to provide a positive experience for them. Center scores and employee compensation based on patient surveys so rewards and compensation are based on the comments and ratings of the customers/patients, which I believe can be unfair and skewed most times. Coworkers and teams vary depending on location.
Pros
PTO, good benefits
Cons
Short break, patient surveys don't reflect hardwork
Poor Company
BACK OFFICE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2015
this is a very poor company to work for. this company does not offer good compensation for the work load and does not offer any growth to grow within the company.
Professional and possibilities for advancements.
Lead Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2016
Enjoyed my position, was very disappointed when my department was out sourced. It was at this time I made the career change to go to Kaplan University to obtain the knowledge in various sections of law.
The best part of my job was always the challenges, how you could keep your department interested in the deadlines. I enjoy working with different people with such different life styles.
I have always loved a challenge, the more interesting the harder I worked.
Pros
Bonus'
Cons
Losing a job to someone in another country.
Not for one with family or personal life.
Physical Therapy Technician/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2016
Not consistent schedule. Always going to work on an uphill battle to never succeed and then be written up for it. Management very shady. Will have you treat your co-workers mean as you have been treated by them and then they want to write you up about it even though it was per their own instructions. Too much work and not enough time and or employees to complete all given tasks, then you get written up for it. They would rather have quantity instead of quality service. This is not good as medical facility stand point. Not good for customers/patients to be seen as a number/$$ instead of an actual person/patient.
Pros
mostly good co-workers.
Cons
no time for personal life/family, Center Director not consistent and will cover her own butt and WILL throw you "under the bus".
Continuing to get better
Director (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 23, 2016
The company is moving in a great direction. Growth strategy and a return in focus to occupational medicine leaves the company poised for success. Sr. Leadership has changed in the last 12 months, but again, these changes are positive and bringing Concentra back to the success of earlier years.

The organization understands the importance of work/life balance.
Pros
Flexibility and great people
Cons
Change
Medical Clinic/Profit
Center Operations Director (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work consists of working with clients (employees)
drug testing, PE's and urgent Care.

I learned quite a bit in this facility as a Director, I was trained to conduct Drug testing as well as Fit Testing on patients.

Co-workers were very motivated and enjoyed working with all staff including Providers and Medical Assts.

Most difficult part of the job was when a patient came into the clinic and we did not have an acct. set up from their employer, having to obtain the acct. information took a bit of time which made the patients wait to be seen.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work as a team, we had a great team, we all pulled together and made each day a good day.
Pros
The training we received
Cons
The Travel
Fun work place with company recognition
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37204February 18, 2016
I enjoyed and miss it the most!!! busy fast paced atmosphere keep the day going with a diversity of required type testing perform - learning as you go along, management about (3) stars at the particular location I were but (5) stars as overall company in general, one particular co-worker seemed to call all the shots regardless of working under the office Manager or different Managers.
Pros
Fun, fun, fun at the time awarded bonuses if your office earned it.
Cons
Firmed with some employees - less firm with others
The need to be creative and adapt to nursing outside of typical setting-
PRN Occupational Health RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2016
I could be in a work trailer under a bridge, to the next day a factory work office. I learned I can make the best out of any challenge to complete my work. I had no co-workers in the field, but managed a team of 6 registered nurses I would dispatch to assignments. it was difficult at times to geographically get to the assigned locations. It was a challenge to get the supplies shipped from Ohio before I needed to distribute them. I really enjoyed the work crew of union painters under the bridge in Pittsburgh. The painters made me feel like their sister.
Pros
The job was always changeing
Cons
The travel was a challenge at times, and hard on my car