Concentra Employee Reviews

pathological work environment
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNSeptember 25, 2016
This place was unsafe. There was zero management in fact the place appeared to manage itself. The nursing staff had a hierarchy similar to Lord of the Flys in other words they would kill their young rather then to work. I observed them complain about patients, avoid patients and undermine them. supervision did not exist. Ultimately this was a very mean environment I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous, unsupported, unsupervised
Good,Bad and Ugly
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Very relaxed work place
You learn as you go
Management..I would never want to be apart of
Siting all day has to be the hardest part
The most enjoyable is our parties
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
people get pushed out and others put in a position they don't belong
Great job
Auditor/Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work, learned a lot about accounting and bank processes. Excellent benefits package. Great co workers , great supervisor , great management.
Pros
learned alot about banking
Cons
Laid off
Decent Place to Work
Externship (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDSeptember 20, 2016
I was at Concentra during my MA externship and I had a great experience while I was there for 2 months.
A typical day at work as an MA is taking patient vitals, running diagnostic tests and also preforming tests for DOT card certification.
I learned so much while I was there.
Management is actually very laid back and supportive.
However they are very strict on hours and not getting overtime so sometimes employees get to go home early if they hit over 40 hours in the week before the week is out.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the occasional irate patient.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and getting to talk to them and getting to know them, especially the ones who returned every week or so for physical therapy appointments.
I would recommend this job to Medical Assistants and also X-Ray Technicians.
Diverse Community
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 17, 2016
A typical day at work was enjoyable because of the environment I was in, we worked mainly with occupational health and urgent care treatments. 100% of the time you had to be activily thinking of what the next minute could bring. The management staff was by far the best that i have had the pleasure of working with along with my co-workers who were fellow graduates of mine. The hardest part of the job was insurance veification but that itself was an easy task but time consuming. The part I most enjoyed was preping patients for treatment and examination.
Pros
Job Sercurity
Cons
Health and Dental Benefits
Very busy and fast pace office
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2016
Concentra is very fast pace clinic and you never sit down. You pretty much work on your own but each patient is on a time clock so you have to get them in and out of the clinic as quick as you can. There are hundreds of patients a day coming into the clinic. Sometimes a language barrier can make your job difficult.
Can't get time off
Urgent Care Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2016
Loved it here. lots of urgent care procedures but difficult to get vacation time or sick time. Expert at DOT and physical examinations, suturing, foreign object eye and I and D procedures.
Positive environment
Identity and Access Management (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 4, 2016
It was a great place to work for. I enjoyed working there and get guidance from my senior management, who helped me grow. I learned a lot there. The management was good.
Productive and fun environment, great people to work with, great Dr.on site very fast pace office
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2016
Pleasure working with the company.
Busy office from start of day to end of day I learned lot and enjoyed the team I worked with.
Management with no direction or mission
Director Finance - Pricing & Strategic Development (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 25, 2016
Mission changes weekly. Wasted time, no direction. Company is continuously bought and sold. Leadership is unable to adapt to changing environment. Creates major waste of time on projects when changed in mid-stream.
Pros
Cons
No leadership, inconsistent. Ruthless treatment of employees.
fast paced environment
Lead Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDAugust 10, 2016
Very fast paced workplace. Hostile and unprofessional management. Barely give any employees raises unless you are a doctor. Very basis work environment.
Pros
401 K, benefits
Cons
NO RAISES
Cma
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 5, 2016
Roles of a CMA, Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and taking care of the patients, Making a difference in each pt life. co-workers were ok got along, Management needed to supervise more to what was going on and make sure the work load was split between us all.
Pros
good hours
Cons
was not a fitting job
Fun and fast job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 2, 2016
Helping patients with medical procedures for new hire and helping in urgent care. Working with a great group of people.
Run!
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2016
This company will work you to death and sell your soul.
If you are a nice caring person do not work here! You will end up hating healthcare and the entire human population.
While pregnant they will not let you sit down, period. Even when your coworker that does sit down offers to switch computers with you. I had to get a doctors excuse just to be able to break for water throughout the day.
The doctors are so whiney and can't do anything for themselves. Back office tries to find something wrong to pick with you, instead of taking care of patients. Companies are so rude, swear at you on a daily basis. And patients complain non stop about having to wait 5 minutes to be called back.
And heavens forbid you ask a patient to write their name on the sign in sheet "I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO PAPERWORK!!!!" sorry I asked you to write 2 words.
Every year you work for Concentra, is a year off of your life.
Pros
Free pens from diagnostic companies
Cons
Everything else.
medical asst
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2016
I did enjoyed the company very much. Staff was a great team players when things need to get done. hours and pay was top of the line for a dream job. loved it..
Pros
hours
Cons
n/a
Productive, high paced, team-oriented group.
MA / Medical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 21, 2016
Very fast paced. Quick thinking and precise action required. I learned to be a better multi-tasker. Management was devoted to excellence. Hard part was packed waiting room while rooms were full. Best part was the friends I made and the patients I met.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
A Productive and fun work place with free coffee
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2016
I loved learning from the people at this location.This was the perfect place to complete my externship. I wish that they were hiring, because I would have loved to work there.
fast pace
Phlebotmist/Medical Assistance (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 17, 2016
Greet patients enter information in computer,vital signs,blood work,vaccines and audio and titmus testing.Good management,co-workers team players.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Can be some what stressful
Medial Assistant
Medical Assistant/Back office Mentor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2016
Acquired the skills necessary to perform tasks ordered by the Physician in an Urgent Care Facility. Staff were a pleasure to work with.
Good Workplace
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 15, 2016
High volume. Fast paced environment. Be prepared to run run run... Always something to do. Management is supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.