Concentra Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment guided by set practices and standards
Front office specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at work includes working swiftly and cheerily to ensure patient visits and wait times are under control and appropriate. Paying attention to detail and knowing individual patient and client needs, checking in patients under correct companies, protocols, and service packages. Ensuring results get to companies and data bases in the appropriate fashion and time frame. Answering phones and questions, directing phone calls to the correct departments. Management is very active and involved, quick to enforce new rules and regulations but slow to respond to questions. The hardest part of the job is interacting with difficult patients and doctors. The low level of work life balance is unappealing as well. Very long hours. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with great coworkers who are team players, kind, and caring, as well as helping patients receive care to get better.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off
Cons
Long commute
This company is the worst !
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 4, 2016
Do not work here! All this company cares for is money! Ever since select medical bought it back from Humana, employees no longer get paid for holidays, they give 2cent raises, most of these clinics see over 200 patients per day! The clinic I worked at made over 300k per month! The co workers will gossip & put you down! Seniority rules this place! The COD & ACOD are heartless humans, that obviously don't care about their co workers& they don't last very long. The patients are in this clinic for over 3hrs, which makes them very frustrated ! These clinic are very short staff too.
Diverse Community
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 17, 2016
A typical day at work was enjoyable because of the environment I was in, we worked mainly with occupational health and urgent care treatments. 100% of the time you had to be activily thinking of what the next minute could bring. The management staff was by far the best that i have had the pleasure of working with along with my co-workers who were fellow graduates of mine. The hardest part of the job was insurance veification but that itself was an easy task but time consuming. The part I most enjoyed was preping patients for treatment and examination.
Pros
Job Sercurity
Cons
Health and Dental Benefits
Fun work environment
Front/Back Office Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 27, 2016
At concentra it overall a fast paced clininc. people are constantly coming through and expect to be in and out. Luckily we have great physicians with great personalities that make the day run a little more smooth. The most enjoyable part of my job is discharging a patient after getting to know them for months!
Pros
fast paced, advancement opportunities
Cons
new management, unorganized
The worst!!!!!!!!!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta airportMarch 14, 2016
Don't do it! Do not apply for Atlanta airport center! Worst ever, company has gone down a lot. No 401k match, 2cent raise, no holiday pay anymore, no job security, inexperienced HR, manager there has issues. Company doesn't care about regular staff. Too much pressure. So many tasks on your plate and they add more by promising companies and patients things they don't do but have us do it. No recognition. You will overwork yourself with a simple 8hour shift as no overtime is allowed. Short staffed but won't hire because corporate is greedy now. The worst place ever I'm leaving. Sad a good employee was termed because management was miserable with themselves. Higher ups never ask employees how the job is but I'm assuming they know what the outcome will be. Don't express your feelings to them, you will receive a random drug test. Will loose your sanity and health due to stress. New hires quit within weeks. Don't do it!!!
fast paced environment
Lead Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDAugust 10, 2016
Very fast paced workplace. Hostile and unprofessional management. Barely give any employees raises unless you are a doctor. Very basis work environment.
Pros
401 K, benefits
Cons
NO RAISES
Conveyor belt medicine + LOW wage = high staff turnover.
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Eastern seaboardOctober 31, 2016
Concentra took over our practice, and I found out that I am getting $47,000 less than the national average for my surgical urgent care average (and that's with >40 years PA surgical experience!) Hardest part: always racing the clock, with an eye on legal risks and maximizing profits. Started work withtheir computer system, with 6 hours training instead of the usual 3-4 weeks w/o patients. Still w/ (mostly) same previous co-workers, who have always along together.. Company rep/IT guy present approx 50%/week to answer questions; otherwise, solve problems yourself (and waste time doing so.) No management rep present, EVER. Learned nothing. Most enjoyable: haven't found one yet. Nearly the worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Haven't found one yet.
Cons
Documented national low wage, "treat 'em and street 'em."
Decent Place to Work
Externship (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDSeptember 20, 2016
I was at Concentra during my MA externship and I had a great experience while I was there for 2 months.
A typical day at work as an MA is taking patient vitals, running diagnostic tests and also preforming tests for DOT card certification.
I learned so much while I was there.
Management is actually very laid back and supportive.
However they are very strict on hours and not getting overtime so sometimes employees get to go home early if they hit over 40 hours in the week before the week is out.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the occasional irate patient.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and getting to talk to them and getting to know them, especially the ones who returned every week or so for physical therapy appointments.
I would recommend this job to Medical Assistants and also X-Ray Technicians.
Patient Centric Philosophy
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 12, 2016
Culture promotes a "Mission, Vision, Value" standard of business. Goal is to provide a welcoming environment for our patients and employers. Primarily servicing worker's compensation & physical therapy, secondary is urgent care.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2016
Great place to work, excellent opportunity for growth. Management is very attentive to employees needs and care about work/life balance. Company is willing to train.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Caustic Work Environment
CENTER MEDICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 31, 2016
Too many layers of management. Company more interested speed than quality of medical care provided. Poor leadership and management
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Very little if any regard for employee satisfaction
An opportunity for advancement
Patient Care Coordinator/Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 15, 2016
Ability to learn many things. Management is fun and friendly. Physical Therapist are very laid back. Great Healthcare and Benefits!
Great job
Auditor/Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work, learned a lot about accounting and bank processes. Excellent benefits package. Great co workers , great supervisor , great management.
Pros
learned alot about banking
Cons
Laid off
Large Company that changes all the time
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 5, 2016
Very challenging and a lot of changes. You will learn valuable skills. Must be willing to adapt to culture. Work life balance is very hard for managers
Cocentra
Radiology Technician / Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 14, 2016
At Concentra we are often understaffed, overwhelmed, severely underpaid, and unappreciated. There is a very high turnover rate and we always loose the best people due to lack of opportunity, poor pay, mistreatment by management and overwhelming work environment. Concentra has poor medical benefits, insufficient pay and PTO.
Pros
Most of the co-workers are a real team.
Cons
Poor pay and poor management.
Front desk
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
With over a hundred patients we saw each day I registered in new and existing patients, patients coming in for emergencies due to an accident, random drug tests, physicals, Hazard physicals, FAA, patients coming in for physical therapy. scanned information into computer copied I.Ds/Ins. Called patients with drug test results.
I learned a lot at this company about the different types of drug tests and physicals along with the urgency of patients well being.
Management was good and fair whereas everyone in the whole company had to be cross trained. Co-workers always busy but still being team players no problems with no one.
The hardest part of the job was seeing patients wanting to see a doctor or nurse on an emergency after everyone had left for the day and have to send them elsewhere.
Enjoying that everyone was important in every department and we all respected that.
Pros
our manager provided free snacks and drinks for staff.
Cons
whenever someone was ill couldn't work a empoyee would be pulled from their area to fill in.
Passionate results driven organization
Group Vice President, Sales (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 29, 2016
My role was to lead 10 field based sales directors who oversaw 110 account executives meeting with medium and large employers. Our audience was HR, safety, risk and CXO's to educate them on the value of utilizing our free standing medical centers for occupational medicine services, such as, medical treatment, x-ray, pharmacy, physical therapy and employer services.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Good place to gain experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
Loved the opportunity they gave me coming from a new graduate. Loved that they work with your school needs or family needs. The only thing I didn't like was how management approached you in something you did wrong or able to correct. Their answer is always get written up, no excuses, even if you did try to do the right thing or had no choice. The pay is good, the company got bought out by Select medical so no more overtime or paid holidays.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, no paid holidays, no overtime (only when needed)
Center Operation Director
Operations Director/Assistant Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 31, 2016
• Management of 20+ medical and non-medical staff
• Colleague engagement and development
• Management of center financials
• Monthly and weekly center staff meetings
• Scheduling of staff according to demand and budgeting
• Efficiency planning and execution
• Medical record privacy and request management
• Scheduling and attendance of corporate sales meetings
• Front office process management
• Medical billing and accurate coding
• Medical transcription maintenance
• Drug screen and alcohol testing
• Medical supply inventory management
• Leader in market for patient and employer experience rating
• Management of area specialist clinician program
• Responsible for onboarding and training
Generally High Ratings
Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 9, 2015
Concentra has a diverse, highly intelligent and friendly workforce. It has been a pleasure to work at Concentra and there are opportunities to grow and learn. Work/life balance is generally good and the company has a liberal work from home policy.
Concentra is work intensive and usually requires more than an 8 hour day.
The benefits have, for the most part, been good. Pay is not as competitive.
Concentra was recently purchased by Select Medical and integration is ongoing. The culture, benefits, etc. will change w/ the new owners and the company will become much more lean. There have been several reductions in force.