Concentra Employee Reviews in United States

Informative, you will learn a great deal
Lead Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2016
Typical day includes a fast paced work environment, interacting with patients, admitting, discharging and scheduling patients, verifying insurance.
Pros
Lots of training
Wonderful work environment
CMA Intern (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 26, 2016
Interning at Concentra Urgent care has been a great experience for me. Helping people is exactly what we do. A typical day is very busy and is never a dull moment. Ive obtained the skills to check patients in and out of an electronic health records system, I take their vitals and perform vision acuity tests, audiogram tests, EKGs and draw blood specimens almost on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to and feeling appreciated by the patients when they tell you that you've helped them with their health and getting qualified for their pre employment physicals.
team was great they helped each other out
(internship)-(medical assistant) (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 24, 2016
the whole staff was great, they did their jobs and also helped each other if they needed it. i had a great experience as an intern, they taught me many things i used at other job sites.
Unique place to work with new challenges daily.
Assistant Area Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 18, 2016
Always learning new aspects of the job. Mix between medical and retail. Responsible for all aspects of running the center.
Great atmosphere to learn
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 13, 2016
I did my externship at Concentral Medical Center. Everyone there was kind and helpful and I learned a lot.
work mill
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Golden Glades, FLJune 9, 2016
this is your typical work factory. All they care about is the numbers. forget patient care and staff importance. Would not recommend to any one looking for a long term position.
Busy and productive
Deposit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDJune 5, 2016
Everyday is busy and productive at Concentra. You are busy from the time you punch in, until the time you punch out.

There is always something new to learn within your job detail, and the supervisors there are very knowledgeable. Since I really enjoy what I do, I think the hardest part of the job is me trying to leave on time because I don't like to leave any job undone, and like to get as much done for the next day.

At the moment, I have the greatest co-workers. We are family, always looking out for each other and assisting each other when needed. This is something that I truly enjoy about my job.
Pros
bonuses and discounted urgent care price
Cons
Having to use personal time for major holidays, sick and vaction
great work place
Medical Claim Counselor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 2, 2016
busy but great place to work. loved the atmosphere of the office and the people I worked with. handled medical claims from start to finish
BORING AS Got fat working there
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJune 1, 2016
Poor management no room for advancement 40 mile drive one way only took job because previous medical director was a friend
Pros
EASY JOB LOW STRESS LOW KEYED
Cons
PPISS POOR MANAGEMENT AFTER MEDICAL DIRECTOR RETIRED
Center Operation Director
Operations Director/Assistant Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 31, 2016
• Management of 20+ medical and non-medical staff
• Colleague engagement and development
• Management of center financials
• Monthly and weekly center staff meetings
• Scheduling of staff according to demand and budgeting
• Efficiency planning and execution
• Medical record privacy and request management
• Scheduling and attendance of corporate sales meetings
• Front office process management
• Medical billing and accurate coding
• Medical transcription maintenance
• Drug screen and alcohol testing
• Medical supply inventory management
• Leader in market for patient and employer experience rating
• Management of area specialist clinician program
• Responsible for onboarding and training
Corporate medicine
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2016
Work load inconsistent; level of technical support varies from clinic to clinic despite requisite training. Scheduled for 9 hours, paid for 8 hours despite infrequent break in schedule
Productive and amazing place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 23, 2016
I love my concentrate family. I just need more hours and more money. I love the way they teach you things and love my co workers. It is a great atmosphere .
Cocentra
Radiology Technician / Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 14, 2016
At Concentra we are often understaffed, overwhelmed, severely underpaid, and unappreciated. There is a very high turnover rate and we always loose the best people due to lack of opportunity, poor pay, mistreatment by management and overwhelming work environment. Concentra has poor medical benefits, insufficient pay and PTO.
Pros
Most of the co-workers are a real team.
Cons
Poor pay and poor management.
Fast paced and busy clinic
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2016
There was no time wasted at this job. We had a heavy patient flow and stayed busy. No breaks and lunch was not always covered.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lunches were quick, not enough coverage.
Great
CMA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
Great place to work especially after coming out of school. It teaches you things across the board in the medical field due to it being an urgent/occupational care center.
Awesome place to work.
Patient care. (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDMay 2, 2016
Great place to work. Staff is nice, Physicians and PA-s are great. Very supportive. When you have a suggestion, management listens. And the patients are great.
Great doctors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 30, 2016
Concentra was a very busy and demanding job. There were times that I would work 12-14 hours. I would of loved to make my position a career but my health got in the way.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long days
Very fast paced
Medical Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Typical day consisted of interacting with patients in providing care and support. I learned to work in a fast paced environment and my manager was awesome.
Not the best place
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 28, 2016
When I first started working at Concentra I loved it but now I'm so over it. Basically in the beginning everyone's nice to you but once they see your #s people start treating you differently. A lot of favoritism which is pointless because you can't make a career at of this. There's a lot of hood chics and uneducated people there. I think it a good job if your young and just want to make Money. But if you have ambition or your educated I think your better off somewhere else.
Pros
Make new Friends
Cons
Micro manged
enjoyable work enviornment
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 26, 2016
I learned about a whole new Electronic health record computer system. I enjoyed working with the other medical assistants. It was a very fast paced facility.