Concentra

Concentra Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJuly 28, 2015
I worked there for 3 years, I hate the company downsized however I am extremely grateful for all the experience I was able to obtain.
Productive and fun workplace environment surrounded by genuine people
Medical Assistant Lead (Current Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Very relaxed work environment
Cons: Slow work flow
Very enthusiastic work place where each day I learn to deliver the basic health care needed to individuals lacking time and resources. I work hard to make each patient feel special and understood when it comes to their medical needs. I currently manage the office without any supervision, train co-workers, take on center operations director responsibilities,manage pharmaceuticals, stock and order supplies needed in the center and perform clerical duties.
"Patient-Centered" services; Employees not really considered
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee), Allen Park, MIJuly 19, 2015
Pros: PTO, good benefits
Cons: Short break, patient surveys don't reflect hardwork
Overall, Concentra is an okay company to work for. From my experience, it has been very hard to advance within the company. Patients usually have a negative idea of what an Concentra experience can be so you have to work extra hard to provide a positive experience for them. Center scores and employee compensation based on patient surveys so rewards and compensation are based on the comments and ratings of the customers/patients, which I believe can be unfair and skewed most times. Coworkers and teams vary depending on location.
taking care of patients
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee), Romulus, MIJuly 17, 2015
it was ok just not enough help and managers didn't help ether but the job wasn't as bad to many patients and not enough workers
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
front desk (Former Employee), Bridgeview,IL.July 12, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Too many bosses, over worked, under paid, unappreciated
This is a horrible place to work management was the worst and the wages are very poor there is no room for opportunity to grow even though they'll tell you there is room for growth doing the interview...LIES all LIES I will suggest this place for new students looking for experience and eventually looking to move on for better opportunities
Very busy office and great employees
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVJuly 9, 2015
I would open office. Prep all the things for the patients. Make the coffee put the waters out and snacks in lobby for patients. Pull out the patients charts that were on schedule. Verify there insurance and check them in. I would check them out and refer them to specialist if they needed. Call patients to remind them a day ahead of there appointment.
Very Productive
CONTRACTED CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Clean and pleasant facility. Friendly staff.
Cons: Was not able to work there longer.
Co-Workers all were very helpful along with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting and giving the correct information to who you were assisting. It was a great place to work and is well known for excellent customer and patient care.
over worked and under paid.
Front End Specialist (Current Employee), South Burlington, VTJune 29, 2015
Busy. Love my coworkers but not the COD. I work with Workmans comps,Physical Therapy and Urgent Cares. Do referrals on a daily bases. Work one on one with a lot of companies in VT and outside of VT. Do Physicals and Drug Testing.
Good environment to work
Quality Assessor/Customer Service Calls (Former Employee), Americus, GAJune 22, 2015
Sitting listening to customer service recorded calls.. It can get long & boring sometimes just sitting there.. Good thing is it's a really easy job.
good learning enviroment for a student
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 22, 2015
i was a student here, so i did everything i possible could to gain experience in the field and they were happy to help me, most enjoyable part was feeling like part of the team, they never really treated me like a student,
Overall, good starting sales job.
Account Executive (Former Employee), OKJune 19, 2015
Pros: flexable scheulde, strong leadership roles
Cons: pay, new managment
They do extensive sales training, which is extremely valuable. Their sales training is actually recognized as being top notch among other sales organizations. I left because of a change in management and restructuring. Towards my end of employment it seems the company cared less and less about the employees and even customers, but this position did teach me a ton about leadership, sales, customer service and overall experience. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to break into medical type sales. Pay is decent, but again its more of an entry level position. I think I made roughly 70k (45 base, 400/month car/gas, and commission was quarterly)
challenging
Per Diem RN (Current Employee), PAJune 19, 2015
Pros: per diem
Cons: not paid time and a half for holidays.
Each day offers new learning experiences. Some days are very challenging. I enjoy the variety of experiences. Computer experience a must, flexibility a must when working in this enviroment
This was not a place for me
DEPOSIT PREP SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDJune 18, 2015
I did not enjoy my work experience at Concentra. The management was not fair to the employees. There was a lot of conflicts there and the other employees were not team players.
Cash Poster (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: good team members
Cons: high insurance
nice place to work. Fun enivornment, Great pay, Little training. Lots of interaction. Good leadership. Allowed to give feedback on what's going on in the departments. Able to move up.
Poor management - awesome clinical team
Radiological Technologist \ MA (Former Employee), Johns Creek, GeorgiaJune 2, 2015
Worked for this company 3 years. Management disorganized which made it difficult for staff. A lot of "backstabbing" and undermining. Decent pay, but there is better out there. LONG hours. Little appreciation. Ridiculous quarterly meetings concerning nothing to do with the clinic. This may have been managements issue more than corporate. Over all....I'd give the company a 4 star...management a 1.
Fast paced environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 27, 2015
A typical day at Concentra would be taking care of patients, doing drug & alcohol screening, EKGs, physicals, and general patient care. The hardest part of the job is time maintenance. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients.
Concentra was an okay company to work for and to learned new things about healthcare
Payment Poster & Billing Payment Poster Supervisor (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: Employees incentives example: paid time off if met quota for the month
Cons: Health insurance expensive
Concentra Medical Center taught me a lot about adjustment payment contracts but its a company that has a limited level of growth in the company.
great Place
Employee (Former Employee), NashvilleMay 22, 2015
Great Nurses and Staff
great culture , over worked but very Loyal and dedicated
Not given the support they need but they make it work , I was always very proud of them
Work plae
Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2015
This is a fun company to work for people there are great. However, management could show a little more caring. I have learned a lot and am being trained as a preceptor so I can train people in drug screens.
Office environment with catered lunches every couple of months
Cash Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 12, 2015
I worked for this company for about five years. I enjoyed the work I did because I could actually see and end result each day. The staff were all friendly as well. Overall it was a good place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Concentra

Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation, – Read more

Concentra Salaries