Concentra Employee Reviews in United States

Management with no direction or mission
Director Finance - Pricing & Strategic Development (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 25, 2016
Mission changes weekly. Wasted time, no direction. Company is continuously bought and sold. Leadership is unable to adapt to changing environment. Creates major waste of time on projects when changed in mid-stream.
Pros
Cons
No leadership, inconsistent. Ruthless treatment of employees.
fast paced environment
Lead Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDAugust 10, 2016
Very fast paced workplace. Hostile and unprofessional management. Barely give any employees raises unless you are a doctor. Very basis work environment.
Pros
401 K, benefits
Cons
NO RAISES
Fun and fast job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 2, 2016
Helping patients with medical procedures for new hire and helping in urgent care. Working with a great group of people.
Run!
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2016
This company will work you to death and sell your soul.
If you are a nice caring person do not work here! You will end up hating healthcare and the entire human population.
While pregnant they will not let you sit down, period. Even when your coworker that does sit down offers to switch computers with you. I had to get a doctors excuse just to be able to break for water throughout the day.
The doctors are so whiney and can't do anything for themselves. Back office tries to find something wrong to pick with you, instead of taking care of patients. Companies are so rude, swear at you on a daily basis. And patients complain non stop about having to wait 5 minutes to be called back.
And heavens forbid you ask a patient to write their name on the sign in sheet "I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO PAPERWORK!!!!" sorry I asked you to write 2 words.
Every year you work for Concentra, is a year off of your life.
Pros
Free pens from diagnostic companies
Cons
Everything else.
medical asst
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2016
I did enjoyed the company very much. Staff was a great team players when things need to get done. hours and pay was top of the line for a dream job. loved it..
Pros
hours
Cons
n/a
Productive, high paced, team-oriented group.
MA / Medical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 21, 2016
Very fast paced. Quick thinking and precise action required. I learned to be a better multi-tasker. Management was devoted to excellence. Hard part was packed waiting room while rooms were full. Best part was the friends I made and the patients I met.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
A Productive and fun work place with free coffee
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2016
I loved learning from the people at this location.This was the perfect place to complete my externship. I wish that they were hiring, because I would have loved to work there.
fast pace
Phlebotmist/Medical Assistance (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 17, 2016
Greet patients enter information in computer,vital signs,blood work,vaccines and audio and titmus testing.Good management,co-workers team players.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Can be some what stressful
Medial Assistant
Medical Assistant/Back office Mentor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2016
Acquired the skills necessary to perform tasks ordered by the Physician in an Urgent Care Facility. Staff were a pleasure to work with.
Good Workplace
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 15, 2016
High volume. Fast paced environment. Be prepared to run run run... Always something to do. Management is supportive.
Good place to gain experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
Loved the opportunity they gave me coming from a new graduate. Loved that they work with your school needs or family needs. The only thing I didn't like was how management approached you in something you did wrong or able to correct. Their answer is always get written up, no excuses, even if you did try to do the right thing or had no choice. The pay is good, the company got bought out by Select medical so no more overtime or paid holidays.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, no paid holidays, no overtime (only when needed)
Relaxed atmosphere.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2016
The atmosphere was very relaxed, for it to be in a call center environment it wasn't noisey. There was some micro managing and tit for tat favoritism. Not a place to seek a career.
great place to work
APRN (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoy working there, they have a flexible schedule. They really care about patient satisfaction. Good opportunity for advancement
Large Company that changes all the time
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 5, 2016
Very challenging and a lot of changes. You will learn valuable skills. Must be willing to adapt to culture. Work life balance is very hard for managers
Good work environment
Local account support (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 5, 2016
Many changes going on. Still working out a lot of new issues and adding to work load. All the supervisors are great.
Front desk
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
With over a hundred patients we saw each day I registered in new and existing patients, patients coming in for emergencies due to an accident, random drug tests, physicals, Hazard physicals, FAA, patients coming in for physical therapy. scanned information into computer copied I.Ds/Ins. Called patients with drug test results.
I learned a lot at this company about the different types of drug tests and physicals along with the urgency of patients well being.
Management was good and fair whereas everyone in the whole company had to be cross trained. Co-workers always busy but still being team players no problems with no one.
The hardest part of the job was seeing patients wanting to see a doctor or nurse on an emergency after everyone had left for the day and have to send them elsewhere.
Enjoying that everyone was important in every department and we all respected that.
Pros
our manager provided free snacks and drinks for staff.
Cons
whenever someone was ill couldn't work a empoyee would be pulled from their area to fill in.
ohhhhh concentra
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2016
would not work or bring my family here. The back office is way under staffed with no immediate signs of being resolved. The Company was sold to another company so practices were not as I was told when being hired. If you work here be prepared to be worked hard and expected to work at this level day in day out. So not worth it.
Pros
staff is great
Cons
maagement, pay, hours
Informative, you will learn a great deal
Lead Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2016
Typical day includes a fast paced work environment, interacting with patients, admitting, discharging and scheduling patients, verifying insurance.
Pros
Lots of training
Wonderful work environment
CMA Intern (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 26, 2016
Interning at Concentra Urgent care has been a great experience for me. Helping people is exactly what we do. A typical day is very busy and is never a dull moment. Ive obtained the skills to check patients in and out of an electronic health records system, I take their vitals and perform vision acuity tests, audiogram tests, EKGs and draw blood specimens almost on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to and feeling appreciated by the patients when they tell you that you've helped them with their health and getting qualified for their pre employment physicals.
team was great they helped each other out
(internship)-(medical assistant) (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 24, 2016
the whole staff was great, they did their jobs and also helped each other if they needed it. i had a great experience as an intern, they taught me many things i used at other job sites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.