Concentra Employee Reviews

Lousy benefits
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2017
Concentra does not give any holiday pay to any hourly employee. Plus you must work there 3 months before you begin to accrue any time off. Also, you must work at least 32 hours each week in a pay period in order to accrue any leave. It is not prorated, all or nothing. I am sure management is an office to office concern. I worked at an off site clinic where the higher ups had no clue what went on on a daily basis. Learned a lot about Occupational nursing.
I enjoyed working at Concentra the time I was employed by them.
Assist physicians in procedures (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Great opportunity to see different things and learn daily. Learned a lot when I worked there. Doctor and staff were great help and very friendly. I worked well under fast paced busy times and made new friends. Love the patient/provider atmosphere.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
A good place where you can learn alot.
Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAFebruary 22, 2017
This is a good place where you can learn a lot of different things and its a great place to get started, Its a clinic where you can definitely get your foot in the door and be good at everything.
Pros
Flexible as far as scheduling
Cons
Not very good pay or benefits.
I was a lab tech and also a float for the medical side
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 22, 2017
My day would include drug and alcohol abuse testing, drug test (urine,hair and blood)
I would also perform DOT physical exams along with sports physicals and things like that.
I also have worked in the front office at each one of my jobs because I was a float and in order to float you need to know the whole office so you can help everyone.
Fast paced
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2017
My center is awesome. My supervisor came in and turned the center around. Before her arrival the center was a mess. She made the employees love their jobs, because they were so unhappy.
Pros
Having an awesome supervisor, Laurianne Brown.
Cons
short breaks
Good company
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
Didn't really work long enough to really get a good indication of the company. A typical day included greeting and administering occupational patients including truckers and airport workers.
Productive and fun work place
Cash Posting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day at work included payment posting batches, both hard copy and EFT. Preparing refunds on overpayments and training new colleagues. I learned a lot about billing for an urgent care environment. Management was very knowledgeable and willing to help with anything needed. Workplace culture was great. The hardest part of the job was not getting EFT's to balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while posting payments.
management
Back Office (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2017
employees need more support from management. better compensation for jobs that are being done. the staff is friendly and we are like a family here, there is great teamwork among us.
Benefits severely lacking, no room for growth or educational incentives
Physical Therapy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 8, 2017
Medical benefits are terrible. Techs/specialists unable to move to better positions; not worth it for long term. Non-degree'd staff pay is barely $11-$15 (when state's minimum is $10). Pressure from upper management to chase numbers and patients in non-pragmatic elements that can objectively be related to parent company's success. (At this time, owned by Select Medical.)
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, PTO constantly being used on holidays
Reimbursement System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Excellent opportunities for change.
Typical day - phone calls and emails from the field. Updating CPT codes and pharmacy.
Working with the Help Desk to resolve issues with software.
Fun place to work, enjoyed co-workers
Pros
Fexible hours
Faced paced and high patient volume
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2017
Aside from performing x-rays I also tended to Medical Assistant duties such as vitals, injections, setting up suture trays, etc. I loved my co-workers and the variety of work.
Pros
Variety of work
fast paced busy environment
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to learn, always busy. Always learning more everyday. Too focused on "the numbers", the senior management is very disconnected with what it actually takes to run and office everyday.
Worked from home and would attend Dr's appointments.
Worker's Compensation Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2017
Worked in 3 states to meet injured workers at appointments. Traveled to tri-state facilities and companies with the goal of assisting the employee back to work in a safe time period.
Handled catastrophic cases.
Pros
Supportive supervisor
Cons
Long hours writing reports
Great start
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Really great start to be hired , I began my externship at Concentra and learned many things, most of the trainings I'd gone through were learned while working at Concentra.
Pros
I was hired from my externship
Cons
Not enough money and too far to travel.
Ok place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJanuary 31, 2017
This would be a great place to work if they did a whole new hire for the CBO, there is a lot of favoritism if the sups don't care for you then there is no advancement, recently the cbo has had a high turnover due to unprofessional coworkers, this is the only place I know that allow harassment from their employees and ok with drama. The sups expect u to do their job and yours while they run their mouths in the offices.
Pros
Profit share, pto
Cons
Favoritism, no consequence for unprofessional behavior, billing sup lazy and unorganized
Not a great place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Concentra recently purchased by Select Medical offers no Job Work / Life Balance opportunities. currently, there's no opportunity for advancement or no career path for the Information Technology department. They have a lot of work to do to attract the talent needed.
Pros
Center Location, Challenging Projects
Cons
No work life balance, or career paths
People seem to quit every couple of months.
Diagnostic Imaging Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Lack of supervision & direction from leadership workers do it all and can not own up programs with in the work place. It all is a free for all with not much ownership from workers. Also it does not help that it seems to always be undermanned. Vacations build up very slowly. pay is fair unless you are working as an MA.
Pros
pay is fair ( ecluding MA)
Cons
Undermanned, lack of direction, software systems do not work with eachother smoothly.
Outpt ortho
Center Therapy Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2017
As the therapy director, I worked with the center director and medical director to improve the clinic's operations. I was able to diagnose acute injuries. Minimal operational support with authorization of work comp claims.
I loved the fast pace enviroment and working with the public.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 20, 2017
It was an outstanding place to extern at, wish they didn't have a hiring freeze. The employees and management staff were outstanding. I loved the fast pace environment.
What I learned
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
At Concentra, I learned a lot about working with customers and working at the front desk. I also learned more about Microsoft word, and data entry. This job turned out to be one of my favorites, as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.