Concentra Employee Reviews

Good employer and willing to allow you to work independently
Occupation onsite nurse manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSJanuary 11, 2017
Good support system and willing to help when help is needed. Assistance is always available. Benefits are the best I have ever had. Enjoy the ability to work independently. Over all a great company.
This was a very demanding place to work
supervisor radiology technician/medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 15, 2017
Not a good place to work there is no job security and this company does not care about the employees or their patients. The only thing that they care about is the money. I would never work there again!
Pros
Cons
They work you and do not care about employees or their clients.
Worked from home and would attend Dr's appointments.
Worker's Compensation Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2017
Worked in 3 states to meet injured workers at appointments. Traveled to tri-state facilities and companies with the goal of assisting the employee back to work in a safe time period.
Handled catastrophic cases.
Pros
Supportive supervisor
Cons
Long hours writing reports
unrealistic company sold
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CANovember 25, 2016
Company was sold a couple times. They have lost all direction with numerous pay plans that do not work.5 new pay plans n 1 year. They also want you to call on weekends. The upper management always has a idea, no follow thru and expect you to close new business. They have no collateral for all new ideas. They laid off the entire inside sales team.
A good place where you can learn alot.
Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAFebruary 22, 2017
This is a good place where you can learn a lot of different things and its a great place to get started, Its a clinic where you can definitely get your foot in the door and be good at everything.
Pros
Flexible as far as scheduling
Cons
Not very good pay or benefits.
Passionate results driven organization
Group Vice President, Sales (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 29, 2016
My role was to lead 10 field based sales directors who oversaw 110 account executives meeting with medium and large employers. Our audience was HR, safety, risk and CXO's to educate them on the value of utilizing our free standing medical centers for occupational medicine services, such as, medical treatment, x-ray, pharmacy, physical therapy and employer services.
Pros
Always learning
concentra
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  milwaukee locationsJanuary 4, 2017
Yes the pay is great but the coworkers, and upper management making you move from clinic to clinc every week when you said in the interview you did not want to do that did not matter they make you do it anyway.
Pros
pay
Cons
stress full and travel
Large Company that changes all the time
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 5, 2016
Very challenging and a lot of changes. You will learn valuable skills. Must be willing to adapt to culture. Work life balance is very hard for managers
Very fast paced work enviroment
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 24, 2016
Typical day at work is very busy makes the day go by very fast '
Always learning something new everyday
Management is great
Co workers make you feel like family
he hardest part of the job is dealing with the patients when er have extended wait times.
Faced paced and high patient volume
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2017
Aside from performing x-rays I also tended to Medical Assistant duties such as vitals, injections, setting up suture trays, etc. I loved my co-workers and the variety of work.
Pros
Variety of work
fast paced busy environment
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to learn, always busy. Always learning more everyday. Too focused on "the numbers", the senior management is very disconnected with what it actually takes to run and office everyday.
I loved the fast pace enviroment and working with the public.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 20, 2017
It was an outstanding place to extern at, wish they didn't have a hiring freeze. The employees and management staff were outstanding. I loved the fast pace environment.
Great job
Reconsideration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 13, 2016
good place to start at entry level and climb your way up to management, great place to grow. Management is fair and keeps employees motivated. concentra will train
Pros
good management
Cocentra
Radiology Technician / Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 14, 2016
At Concentra we are often understaffed, overwhelmed, severely underpaid, and unappreciated. There is a very high turnover rate and we always loose the best people due to lack of opportunity, poor pay, mistreatment by management and overwhelming work environment. Concentra has poor medical benefits, insufficient pay and PTO.
Pros
Most of the co-workers are a real team.
Cons
Poor pay and poor management.
fun environment but..
Front office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2016
I liked the environment and being able to help all the patients who came in to the facility. Downfall was management required tenured employees to hold more responsibility than able to due to not having the time to fully train the new employees.
Front desk
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
With over a hundred patients we saw each day I registered in new and existing patients, patients coming in for emergencies due to an accident, random drug tests, physicals, Hazard physicals, FAA, patients coming in for physical therapy. scanned information into computer copied I.Ds/Ins. Called patients with drug test results.
I learned a lot at this company about the different types of drug tests and physicals along with the urgency of patients well being.
Management was good and fair whereas everyone in the whole company had to be cross trained. Co-workers always busy but still being team players no problems with no one.
The hardest part of the job was seeing patients wanting to see a doctor or nurse on an emergency after everyone had left for the day and have to send them elsewhere.
Enjoying that everyone was important in every department and we all respected that.
Pros
our manager provided free snacks and drinks for staff.
Cons
whenever someone was ill couldn't work a empoyee would be pulled from their area to fill in.
front office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85004January 3, 2017
I did not work here long. Not a bad company to work for. I started here when they were pretty new. They pay well and have room for advancement.
Loved this job
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 30, 2016
It was a pleasure working for this company, and they treat all employees with respect and dignity. I would love to work for this company again. That's all I have to say about this company.
Pros
no micro management
Cons
pay
Good place to gain experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
Loved the opportunity they gave me coming from a new graduate. Loved that they work with your school needs or family needs. The only thing I didn't like was how management approached you in something you did wrong or able to correct. Their answer is always get written up, no excuses, even if you did try to do the right thing or had no choice. The pay is good, the company got bought out by Select medical so no more overtime or paid holidays.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, no paid holidays, no overtime (only when needed)
Great work environment
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 16, 2016
Concentra offers great worker's compensation packages with excellent customer service and satisfaction. Their biggest priority is the customer's wants and needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.