Concentra

Concentra United States Employee Reviews

High Stress/Bad Management
Rehab Director (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Extremely high paced with a very heavy patient load and no help. The management is terrible and ignores the employees. The office and company has an extremely high turnover rate to it's employees which reflects the bad corporate mismanagement. Very long work days and employees are frequently required to work straight through lunch with no breaks.
Productive and Great place to work. Longevity
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: compensation
I provide many roles and responsibilities for different disciplines and departments. My daily responsibilities consist of multitasking, meeting deadlines and assisting my Leadership Team: Operations, Medical Operations, Physical Therapy and Sales. My main responsibility is the Medical Schedule Coordinator. I've learned to be a team player. My management is my support.My co-workers are wonderful. I take great pride in getting the job done efficiently and on-time along with assisting the team for success and give 110% every day with a smile on my face!
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sparks, NVFebruary 6, 2015
Maintained good customer service assisting patients in filling out their medical forms and translated for the patients and doctors when needed, answered phones, data entry, 10 key, filing and processed incoming and outgoing mail.
Easy going work environment
Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Lombard, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Concentra was a relaxed work environment. The management provided dinners and parties to increase morale. We worked together as a team to provide for the patients health care needs.
Urgent care physicians are awesome
Front Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: celebrated birthdays
Cons: only center that had late work hour
Fast pace environment
Patience with clients
Management could be better
Co workers can be useful if knowledgeable
Ensuring patients are always happy with their service, although sometimes they don't like coming in for accidents, illness, broken bones, or follow ups.
Meeting new people is enjoyable
easy job
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good peers
Cons: no job security
friendly enviroment in the office good relations with centers
Fun work enviorment
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Bolinggrook, IlJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great company to advance
Cons: lack of work due o demand of product
Worked with great people who taught me so much about the company. Great job advancement, learned so many different parts of the company.
This has been a great place to work at
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I have worked here as a staff physical therapist and as a Center Director. I have gained a lot of experience in managing people, budgets, work flow and schedules. I have worked as a staff member as well as in management in this company and I have been happy with each position. My co-workers are positive and easy to get along with. Higher management has been supportive in helping the staff members meet the requirements of the job.
Good environment but the job itself is boring.
Quality Assessor (Current Employee), Americus, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Listen to pre-recorded calls. the job really isnt hard. i enjoy going being around my co-workers.
Fun environment
CST Support Services (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good energy
Cons: no cons
Lots of pot lucks and BBQ"s. Nice customers when they called in.
GOOD ENVIRONMENT
Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee), La Palma, CAJanuary 25, 2015
LOTS OF WAY YOU CAN PROGRESS WITH THE COMPANY. FACILITY IS WELL MAINTENED AND THE STANDARD FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PRETTY TOLERABLE.
learning experience
Extern (Former Employee), special sevicesJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: furthering my skills
Cons: not enough rooms
At Concentra I was able to grow and learn while helping others. I learned from doctors and other staff members. Everyday was a new adventure because everyday we had new patient with different stories to share. What I mean by that is through customer service skills I would build a trust with the patient to help get them back to work 100%.
Front Desk Office Specialist
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: fast pace, great leadership, opportunity for growth
Cons: long hours, low wages, high turn over rates
I have worked for Concentra my entire adult life. Having the opportunity to work with them was truly a blessing. It can be a difficult job at times because we are working with angry people that are not happy they need to come get drug tested by us. A lot of the time patients are upset and take it out on the staff. It can be a mental challenge having to work with patients like that all day every day. However, over my eight years working there I have learned to overcome that stress. Days can still be rough but I now have the strong customer service skills, confidence, and motivation that allows me to stay professional and become a positive part of their day. It has taught me how to deal with people from all walks of life.
Productive office along with fun
Auditor/Medical Biller (Former Employee), 3777 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach CAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day for me at the office was being on the computer and having fun with our co-workers but we always got our work done. I learned how Medical Billing works. Management was awesome. Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part for me was learning something new. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers and upper management.
Productive & fun workplace
Front office specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Concentra has awesome management, awesome co-workers. A typical day at Concentra was unpredictable. My favorite part of my job was helping patients. I learned more about workers compensation cases and what the protocol was.
Great place
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: company meetings
Cons: downsized company got shut down
My very first job I loved it I learned the medical lingo there first very exciting job to me.
Great employees
IT Asset Management Analyst (Current Employee), Addison, TXDecember 31, 2014
Poor management ---lack of training

But great people to work with and great culture
Family oriented employment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Americus, GADecember 28, 2014
It was a learning experience with top notch employers and employees.
Productive high speed work place. Keep you on your toes.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Rosedale MdDecember 26, 2014
Pros: frequent lunchons
Cons: no raises
A typical day at work for me was very busy. However very productive and challenging. I see about 35-40+ patients but its all worth it considering I absolutely love my line of work. Being at Concentra I've learned a lot that I know I can take with me on future journeys in a new workplace also in life. I've learned many different procedures and techniques that i hadn't been introduced to during my school clinical process. Management definitely was not the highlight of my day. I felt you never got recognition for the right and good your did for the company. Always being pulled up for negativity. The hardest part of my job i would have to say was picking up the slack of my co workers. Not that I am not all for helping the team but sometimes it became very overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of my job was the warm greetings from the patients. You get to see familiar faces when you stick around. They always made everything seem worth it.
Great place to learn.
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 17, 2014
I would have stayed except upper management changes way too often and gives a feeling of being unstable.

About Concentra

Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation, – Read more

Concentra Salaries