Concentra Employee Reviews

Enjoyed job duties; work environment was very challenging
RN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2016
Co-workers were supportive at first, then created problems later. Manager was good but unaware of behind the scene work environment. Job duties were well planned and training was excellent.
Pros
Team Lunches
Cons
Petty co-workers
productive work environment
PRN Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  5700 Harper DR NE suite 110 Albuquerque,NM 87109December 2, 2016
Was able to keep busy throughout the day. Patients and staff were pleasant to work with. Very fast paced job. The pay was not so great especially for a PRN position. This is a very enjoyable job.
Pros
The job, patients and staff
Cons
pay
Concentra
Medical Assistant NCT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 23, 2016
Good company to work for, learned and gained a lot of experience, people were great, always loved going to work, retired early and miss everyone dearly!!
Pros
Bonuses, hour lunch, paid vaca, sick pay, great insurance
Cons
Patients can get a little roudy
fast paced busy environment
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to learn, always busy. Always learning more everyday. Too focused on "the numbers", the senior management is very disconnected with what it actually takes to run and office everyday.
Management with no direction or mission
Director Finance - Pricing & Strategic Development (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 25, 2016
Mission changes weekly. Wasted time, no direction. Company is continuously bought and sold. Leadership is unable to adapt to changing environment. Creates major waste of time on projects when changed in mid-stream.
Pros
Cons
No leadership, inconsistent. Ruthless treatment of employees.
Not a fun place to work
Medical Center Operations Director (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 30, 2016
They will describe the position as one thing, when it is really another.
Days are longer than they should be, and centers are understaffed (by design, in order to be more profitable). Not a fun place to work.
I loved the fast pace enviroment and working with the public.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 20, 2017
It was an outstanding place to extern at, wish they didn't have a hiring freeze. The employees and management staff were outstanding. I loved the fast pace environment.
Good company
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
Didn't really work long enough to really get a good indication of the company. A typical day included greeting and administering occupational patients including truckers and airport workers.
What I learned
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
At Concentra, I learned a lot about working with customers and working at the front desk. I also learned more about Microsoft word, and data entry. This job turned out to be one of my favorites, as well.
Loved this job
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 30, 2016
It was a pleasure working for this company, and they treat all employees with respect and dignity. I would love to work for this company again. That's all I have to say about this company.
Pros
no micro management
Cons
pay
Caustic Work Environment
CENTER MEDICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 31, 2016
Too many layers of management. Company more interested speed than quality of medical care provided. Poor leadership and management
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Very little if any regard for employee satisfaction
Fast paced environment
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 12, 2017
Fast paced environment, working as a team in essential to get the job done in a timely matter. The most enjoyable part the job has is the gratitude we received from injured customer.
Work review
Contract Occupational Health Nurse to GE (Current Employee) –  Waukesha WIOctober 19, 2016
Work as contractor to GE Power and water. Concentras, benefits are rather poor. Health insurance and dental are minimal. Working for GE is wonderful, great bunch of people to bad GE is moving production to Canada soon.
Fast paced environment guided by set practices and standards
Front office specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at work includes working swiftly and cheerily to ensure patient visits and wait times are under control and appropriate. Paying attention to detail and knowing individual patient and client needs, checking in patients under correct companies, protocols, and service packages. Ensuring results get to companies and data bases in the appropriate fashion and time frame. Answering phones and questions, directing phone calls to the correct departments. Management is very active and involved, quick to enforce new rules and regulations but slow to respond to questions. The hardest part of the job is interacting with difficult patients and doctors. The low level of work life balance is unappealing as well. Very long hours. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with great coworkers who are team players, kind, and caring, as well as helping patients receive care to get better.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off
Cons
Long commute
Good place to gain experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
Loved the opportunity they gave me coming from a new graduate. Loved that they work with your school needs or family needs. The only thing I didn't like was how management approached you in something you did wrong or able to correct. Their answer is always get written up, no excuses, even if you did try to do the right thing or had no choice. The pay is good, the company got bought out by Select medical so no more overtime or paid holidays.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, no paid holidays, no overtime (only when needed)
very fast friendly employees and doctors.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2017
I did my Extern at Concentra. And i have learned a lot from them. they helped me to get trough my mistakes, I did vital sighns,paper work urinalysis,eye exam and etic.
Good,Bad and Ugly
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Very relaxed work place
You learn as you go
Management..I would never want to be apart of
Siting all day has to be the hardest part
The most enjoyable is our parties
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
people get pushed out and others put in a position they don't belong
Great Part-Time Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GANovember 21, 2016
If you are just looking for something to occupy some available schedule time, this is the perfect place for you. They have excellent supervisors and flexible work scheduling.
management
Back Office (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2017
employees need more support from management. better compensation for jobs that are being done. the staff is friendly and we are like a family here, there is great teamwork among us.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2016
Great place to work, excellent opportunity for growth. Management is very attentive to employees needs and care about work/life balance. Company is willing to train.
Pros
Team atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.