Concentra Employee Reviews

Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Minimal breaks
Poorly trained staff
No employee loyalty
Management only concerned about profit
Leadership disconnected from center realities
You will continue to see patients hours past closing
Pros
Cons
Too Stressful
Concentra
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fraser, MISeptember 29, 2017
Good place to work, is a very nice working environment. We do a variety of different tasks so you get skilled in many areas. This is a good place for new medical assistants to start because they pay well.
Concentra
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  4600 S. Park AveSeptember 28, 2017
This is also Occupational medicine and where I got a lot of my experience from, definately busy and challenging but if you make the best of it then it can be fun.
third party billing
Third Party Biller/Auditor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 28, 2017
Third Party Biller. Answer phones. Process bills for worker comp & auto. Make sure the company bills were process & paid correctly. Helping my co-workers process there bills
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working near the mall
Awesome engaging place to work for.
Associate Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Oakwood Vlg, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Concentra is a great place to work. Love the Mission, vision and values of the company overall. The management team is awesome. I have been with Concentra for about 8 some years. There is absolutely room for growth and your hard work is valued. I have learned a lot from my leadership. It is such an amazing culture being able to meet the CEO which most other places do not. Upper management is very engaged and they push you but they push you to grow you into a great leader. This company has listened engaged and focus for my success which is amazing. All the physicians really care about patient care and we have some amazing employees that work for us.
Fast paced environment.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Work was fast-paced. Learned a lot about hand therapy/splinting.
Management focused on high-volume patient turnover.
Workday could be hectic at times. Enjoyed learning about hand splints.
Pros
fast-paced
Cons
organized
working for concentra
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2017
They expect one person to be able to get things completed with no help as well as daily tasks if it did not it would count against you upon your yearly review. The raises were very minimal and the salary compensation was not great. Not all centers are fully staffed and the wait times were extensive alot of the time and it came down on the front office.
Pros
the staff gets along like family
Cons
a lot of work assigned for one person not enough time
good workplace
Staff Physician (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 21, 2017
very great support, good compensation and fair hours; hardest part of job is closing. most enjoyable is having great support staff. I have learned how to deal with this population.
Good work environment, understaffed
Point of Contact Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 21, 2017
I really hated leaving after 4 years. Loved my co-workers, providers, and my patients. Often there was a lack of communication, short staffed, and sometimes demands exceeded available help. Management was very kind and did their best to help out the staff. Their hands were tied when it came to the needs of staff. I am an x-ray tech and helped the entire staff with whatever was needed.
Pros
Extremely nice co-workers and providers
Cons
Short staffed, working thru lunches, or come in on weekends to finish work
Enjoyed the type of work I did
National Protocol Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I worked 5 different positions, starting with Payment Processor, Insurance, Billing, Refunds & Research, Payment Poster & Protocol specialist.
It is easy to advance if you work hard for this company
Pros
great hours
Cons
Managers were not flexible and not understanding
great people
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
the culture is great middle management work hard to create great work life balance upper management will destroy you if you are not agreeable to all their demands
Fast paced enviorment
Front Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Worked for a very fast paced facility that was always busy with an average of 100+ patients per day mostly walk-ins and opened 7 days a week. Overall the working environment was good.
Front Office Coordinator
Medical Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  West End, PASeptember 17, 2017
It was a great place to work. We would have anywhere from 50 to 120 pt's a day. Staff was great with patients. There was one manager who was horrible to his staff, treated women especially bad. this is one of the reasons I left. I heard he moved on to another job.
Great place to give you a challenge and learn sales skills
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Concentra is a great place to learn and grow. There is limited room for growth if you are not willing to relocate or transfer. The operations team is willing to work with you and help meet customer expectations which is often unheard of.
temporary job
Nurse Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2017
this was a temp position, pretty relaxed environment, minimal stress, some poor communication, flexible work hours, no work from home option at that time
no advancement,
Referral Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 14, 2017
first of all management is horrible. Its all in who you know and who they can control. If your not a "yes man" don't even worry about promotions. Pay Is good but not worth the stress.this is a call center environment if your young, and just looking for a check, this is the job for you . definitely not career based. they do a lot of underhanded things in management. Leadership is not on one accord.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor leadership
great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 13, 2017
was so upset i had to leave. genuinely a great place to work. great house , awesome co workers , GREAT pay. all around great place to be employed. if i can go back i would.
Good place to learn, I only wish the pace was faster
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Good overall. I did learn a lot. I was on an externship program there. All of the doctors were nice. I enjoyed dealing the the diverse and different personalities that came into the office for different procedures
Devolved into a numbers game, patient care quality got lost
Center Therapy Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2017
I used to love working here. However within the last year it he came all about the numbers. The more patience you could put on your schedule regardless of how much time you can spend with each one became more important than the care you gave to your patient and to the relationships around you. It was unfortunate as I really enjoyed working here and the patient population as well as my coworkers but I could no longer tolerate the push push push and numbers only, the less time I got to spend with my patients.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Numbers game, management more worried about their numbers, and their jobs, than you as a person or as a practitioner.
stressful
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2017
stressful
bad management
high turnover for employment
no overtime
great hours
bad patient interaction
very fast paced but no proper training
never have to work overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.