Concentra Employee Reviews in United States

Not for one with family or personal life.
Physical Therapy Technician/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2016
Not consistent schedule. Always going to work on an uphill battle to never succeed and then be written up for it. Management very shady. Will have you treat your co-workers mean as you have been treated by them and then they want to write you up about it even though it was per their own instructions. Too much work and not enough time and or employees to complete all given tasks, then you get written up for it. They would rather have quantity instead of quality service. This is not good as medical facility stand point. Not good for customers/patients to be seen as a number/$$ instead of an actual person/patient.
Pros
mostly good co-workers.
Cons
no time for personal life/family, Center Director not consistent and will cover her own butt and WILL throw you "under the bus".
Disorganized
Medical Assistant/Clinical Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 13, 2016
Management is poor which is affecting the flow of the center. There are 4-5 hour in center wait times due to short back office staff and physicians. As far as pay, they pick and choose. New staff with no experience can make more money than staff with years experience.
Fast Pace and efficient
Medical Assistant Externship (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDApril 7, 2016
Fast and on time
I adjusted to the pace as required and efficiency too
Management was good
Co- workers compassionate and efficient
Over crowed by patients
Patient satisfaction
Cons
It's a hectic place to work at
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 4, 2016
You see about 120-200 people a day, phones ring constantly. What makes it more difficult is that they do not schedule any physicals, therefore, it gets hectic. Pay is not great.
Fast-Paced Urgent Care
PA-C (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2016
High Volume clinic that functions in an Urgent Care & Occ med setting. Each Provider sees between 40-60 Patients per day
This place will wear you out
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2016
Heavy work load with not enough help...new management is horrible, bottom line is money, they do not care about the people that work there
love working with veterans but pay and company is a mess
VA CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 25, 2016
there is NO growth what so ever with this company..so understaff all the time..u can forget about good raises or bonuses...this company is okay to start fresh out of school for experience but that's about it,..the benefits suck..love the staff but its so busy at times and we need more help..and when someone is finally hired it takes them a while to start..
Pros
hours of schedule are flexible
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2016
rooming scheduled patients for the day. Professional team co workers. Enjoyed working there. Monday thru Friday schedule
The worst!!!!!!!!!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta airportMarch 14, 2016
Don't do it! Do not apply for Atlanta airport center! Worst ever, company has gone down a lot. No 401k match, 2cent raise, no holiday pay anymore, no job security, inexperienced HR, manager there has issues. Company doesn't care about regular staff. Too much pressure. So many tasks on your plate and they add more by promising companies and patients things they don't do but have us do it. No recognition. You will overwork yourself with a simple 8hour shift as no overtime is allowed. Short staffed but won't hire because corporate is greedy now. The worst place ever I'm leaving. Sad a good employee was termed because management was miserable with themselves. Higher ups never ask employees how the job is but I'm assuming they know what the outcome will be. Don't express your feelings to them, you will receive a random drug test. Will loose your sanity and health due to stress. New hires quit within weeks. Don't do it!!!
Cons
The staff is great, but there is no room for growth and management turn over is high! 4 in the last 3 years!
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 10, 2016
I enjoy working with my coworkers, and our patients are great! We have an excellent doctor on staff, but we are currently without management and no one from the corporation has even called to check on our location and how we are doing.
fun woorking place, made me feel part of the team!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2016
Its a great place for extern sites. I really enjoyed my Time there! They made me feel part of the Team!
I really enjoyed working with the staff.
Professional and possibilities for advancements.
Lead Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2016
Enjoyed my position, was very disappointed when my department was out sourced. It was at this time I made the career change to go to Kaplan University to obtain the knowledge in various sections of law.
The best part of my job was always the challenges, how you could keep your department interested in the deadlines. I enjoy working with different people with such different life styles.
I have always loved a challenge, the more interesting the harder I worked.
Pros
Bonus'
Cons
Losing a job to someone in another country.
Poor Managment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2016
Nothing really about the job is hard other then trying to be Superman and they still not satisfied with your hard work.
Concentra is a DOT physical, Drug Screen kind of job its very very is
its just a company that deals with physicals.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor Managment
Productive and busy
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Busy work environment seeing over 100 patients a day. Daily blood draw and blood work . Completing physicals and rechecking patients progress on a daily basis.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and Fun Workplace
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Excellent management and staff! Always busy and pleasant atmosphere. Concentra is definitely a rare gem! The staff is helpful and I always looked forward to going to work.
Director of Coding Compliance (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part if this job was implementing and creating policies and procedures. I also enjoyed the employees.
medical
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 19, 2016
not much advancement, not many pay raises but lots of additional job duties. no paid Holiday's and when clinic is closed you loose out on the hours. Never enough staff
Pros
hours of operation
Awesome company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Great place to work, independent work environment, team-centered approach, employee loyalty. Good people, opportunity for advancement
Fun work place with company recognition
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37204February 18, 2016
I enjoyed and miss it the most!!! busy fast paced atmosphere keep the day going with a diversity of required type testing perform - learning as you go along, management about (3) stars at the particular location I were but (5) stars as overall company in general, one particular co-worker seemed to call all the shots regardless of working under the office Manager or different Managers.
Pros
Fun, fun, fun at the time awarded bonuses if your office earned it.
Cons
Firmed with some employees - less firm with others
Productive atmosphere
Cash Application Specialist/Collector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Concentra. I was there for about 10 years and we were all like family. I enjoyed getting to know my coworkers on a more personal level. The pay was decent.