Concentra

Concentra Employer Reviews

Very fast pace different and enjoyable.
Medical Assisant (Former Employee), Oakland PA 15213November 7, 2014
always a smile to be given or had. I learned that that can do anything, The staff are awesome . seeing patient come in injured and in pain, then leaving after very designed medical care there happy and healed body.
Great Organization
Center Operations Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2014
*Growing tremendously
*Operations
*Sales
*Client Relationship Management
*Management
Good Luck!
Front Office Specialist/Patient Processor (Former Employee), Conyers, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: potential room for advancement if they like you, and good pto system
Cons: everything else
Very fast paced, long hours, with little to none consideration for staff. Herding patients in like cattle. You will acquire a lot of experience in the front office if you are willing to keep up the pace within the stressful environment
Good diverse work environment
Area Operations Director-Raleigh (Current Employee), Durham, NCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: mission of the company
Good company providing a variety of area to learn and develop management skills.
Productive atmosphere
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 28, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Serious medical office
Medical Administrative Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 24, 2014
Long hours, on feet all day, many patients throughout one work day
Fast paced urgent care and medical center
National Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: thirty minute lunch breaks
Concentra Medical Center is place to get great medical experience, but I don't feel job security in my position. The turn over rate is very high and I have seen so many people come and go in my short time at Concentra. It pays very well and has great benefits and room to grow.
Very productive work place
Medical assistant lead (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great job.
Cons: lost job due to family illness.
Assisted in the examination and treatment of patients such as surgery set up and injury care calibration and record keeping in accordance with police and procedure. Sterilized instruments,injections,laboratory test blood draws, cultures, wet mounts, pulmonary function testing, audiograms, ekg's,roomed patients, measured vital signs pulse, height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, recorded information ion charts. I learned time management with my supervisor position. Enjoyed management and all co workers we worked well as a unite. the hardest part of the job was to get all back office staff to get to work on time. Teaching new employees everything I learned as a supervisor.
Very well run, organized facility with a great staff in all departments.
X-ray technologist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2014
Pros: very personable staff.
Cons: could'nt work there permanently.
Everyone was kind and compasionate towards the patients and took great care in getting them in and out quickly while attending to all of thier needs.
Center Operations Director Intern (Current Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 30, 2014
I loved my experience. I enjoyed the staff and the growth potential with this company
They talk a good game but underneath is just greed
Center Therapy Director (Current Employee), PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no breaks or lunch, no time for life outside of work
The goals for patient care & satisfaction aren't realistic with the volume & staffing. Patient care suffers greatly!!
Professional Medical Office
Front Office Lead (Former Employee), Tucson azSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: too far
Very fast past office. Hours were great. Great co-workers.
Fun and fast paced environment
Medical Receptionist/Biller (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: helping people, customer service, benefits
During a typical day I would prepare the office to receive patients and then open the clinic. I would check in patients in a timely manner. I would file away patient charts. I would check patients out with a smile. The most important part of my day was interacting with the patients. I loved being the smiling face that was there to help when they were sick or injured. I also enjoyed helping the clients that would come in for their pre-hire screenings.
Occupational health
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, ILSeptember 15, 2014
D.O.T. physical, drug screens, Aviation physicals, Teachers school physicals, Breath Alcohol screenings and randoms.
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: customer service, team oriented, benefits
Cons: paced to fast, primary software can be cleaned up and made a little more simple.
Concentra is a great place to work. It's extremely fast paced and with that I would suggest that only experienced applicants apply. It is not a job for a person right out of college.
10 week clinical in outpatient orthopedics
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Very beneficial. At the time, I was a student working at Concentra. I enjoyed the environment, my co-workers and fellow health care staff. I would highly recommend this clinical to students looking for an outpatient clinical and those interested in developing their manual skills.
Absolutely the best people to work with
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 3, 2014
This was my first job out of college. The people I worked with were the best in the industry. Extremely sharp individuals who worked hard and played hard. Great office space, name recognition, and light travel.
Feeling like I really played a part in the patient's care
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Lombard, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I have learned many new things in working with Concentra. One of the main things that I have really enjoyed learning is all of the different laws and practices that Workman’s Compensation encompasses. I utilize those different laws based on the state in which I am working in. I use those laws to make sure I correctly get the patient cared for and back to work as quickly as possible. Even though I do not directly have a hand in the patient’s care, I know that I took part in getting them the care that they need.
Office Specialist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDSeptember 2, 2014
I learned a lot from this company. This was one of my first jobs and one of my best. If I didn't have to take care of my mom while she was sick before she passed, I would still be working there I believe. Great staff, great organization, and great doctors. I loved everything about the company except secret shoppers. Even though I was on my best behavior it was always hard to spot them out from other patients.
Enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), allen park,miAugust 29, 2014
Pros: full time job
Cons: short breaks
Loved working here. Skills levels are always being used. co workers were fun and easy going

About Concentra

Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation, – Read more

Concentra Salaries