Concentra Employee Reviews

working for concentra
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2017
They expect one person to be able to get things completed with no help as well as daily tasks if it did not it would count against you upon your yearly review. The raises were very minimal and the salary compensation was not great. Not all centers are fully staffed and the wait times were extensive alot of the time and it came down on the front office.
Pros
the staff gets along like family
Cons
a lot of work assigned for one person not enough time
good workplace
Staff Physician (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 21, 2017
very great support, good compensation and fair hours; hardest part of job is closing. most enjoyable is having great support staff. I have learned how to deal with this population.
Good work environment, understaffed
Point of Contact Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 21, 2017
I really hated leaving after 4 years. Loved my co-workers, providers, and my patients. Often there was a lack of communication, short staffed, and sometimes demands exceeded available help. Management was very kind and did their best to help out the staff. Their hands were tied when it came to the needs of staff. I am an x-ray tech and helped the entire staff with whatever was needed.
Pros
Extremely nice co-workers and providers
Cons
Short staffed, working thru lunches, or come in on weekends to finish work
Enjoyed the type of work I did
National Protocol Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I worked 5 different positions, starting with Payment Processor, Insurance, Billing, Refunds & Research, Payment Poster & Protocol specialist.
It is easy to advance if you work hard for this company
Pros
great hours
Cons
Managers were not flexible and not understanding
great people
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
the culture is great middle management work hard to create great work life balance upper management will destroy you if you are not agreeable to all their demands
Fast paced enviorment
Front Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Worked for a very fast paced facility that was always busy with an average of 100+ patients per day mostly walk-ins and opened 7 days a week. Overall the working environment was good.
Front Office Coordinator
Medical Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  West End, PASeptember 17, 2017
It was a great place to work. We would have anywhere from 50 to 120 pt's a day. Staff was great with patients. There was one manager who was horrible to his staff, treated women especially bad. this is one of the reasons I left. I heard he moved on to another job.
Great place to give you a challenge and learn sales skills
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Concentra is a great place to learn and grow. There is limited room for growth if you are not willing to relocate or transfer. The operations team is willing to work with you and help meet customer expectations which is often unheard of.
temporary job
Nurse Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2017
this was a temp position, pretty relaxed environment, minimal stress, some poor communication, flexible work hours, no work from home option at that time
no advancement,
Referral Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 14, 2017
first of all management is horrible. Its all in who you know and who they can control. If your not a "yes man" don't even worry about promotions. Pay Is good but not worth the stress.this is a call center environment if your young, and just looking for a check, this is the job for you . definitely not career based. they do a lot of underhanded things in management. Leadership is not on one accord.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor leadership
great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 13, 2017
was so upset i had to leave. genuinely a great place to work. great house , awesome co workers , GREAT pay. all around great place to be employed. if i can go back i would.
Good place to learn, I only wish the pace was faster
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Good overall. I did learn a lot. I was on an externship program there. All of the doctors were nice. I enjoyed dealing the the diverse and different personalities that came into the office for different procedures
Loved the people I was working with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Would recommend this job to anyone have a great place to work from the people love my coworkers enjoyed my pictures have fun while I was there gave me the opportunity to learn and grow .
Devolved into a numbers game, patient care quality got lost
Center Therapy Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2017
I used to love working here. However within the last year it he came all about the numbers. The more patience you could put on your schedule regardless of how much time you can spend with each one became more important than the care you gave to your patient and to the relationships around you. It was unfortunate as I really enjoyed working here and the patient population as well as my coworkers but I could no longer tolerate the push push push and numbers only, the less time I got to spend with my patients.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Numbers game, management more worried about their numbers, and their jobs, than you as a person or as a practitioner.
stressful
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2017
stressful
bad management
high turnover for employment
no overtime
great hours
bad patient interaction
very fast paced but no proper training
never have to work overtime
Under staffed, poorly managed, over worked and not organized
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 11, 2017
Concentra is severely understaffed and has a very high turn over rate. A lot of people quitting abruptly and positions not being re filled as they needed to be. Also there were no reviews done or advancement or pay increase opportunity. Often felt very over worked and under appreciated.
Pros
I enjoyed most of the co workers I worked with
Cons
No pay advancement, understaffed, over worked.
Dont care about you
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNSeptember 10, 2017
I give everything a low score because they do not care about you. I had a random drug screen and a medical emergency all in the same day. They did not sympathize with me. They said do the drug screen right now or lose your job all while my mom was on the brink of death.
Pros
Cons
No empathy
Float
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 8, 2017
As a float I had to be able and willing to go to all 5 locations at a moments notice. Never the same thing every day was different. Variety of patients and needs of the different companies
Pros
Variety
Cons
float first to be let go when down sizing
learned a lot
Medical Assistant/X-ray Tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 7, 2017
worked with pt.all day did drug screening,fast pace really don't have to much to say cause its to much information to type well some of the cons are some employees are just to lazy to work and its about working not trying to see how much the office manger can be on your side it about the pt.
Cons
short breaks and lunch time
Fast pace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 7, 2017
Concentra was a very faced faced job. Management did not treat employees fair. They would decrease pay and no raises given. I met a lot of new people from all over working here and it was great experience and gave me knowledge of paying close attention to details.
Pros
Knowledge of working under stress
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.