Concentra Employee Reviews

Very Productive and very professional respectful environment to work in
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 17, 2015
You are constantly working with patients and people who are in need of medical care. I've learned to work with others professionally and I've learned working with patients is really nice. You can learn a lot of new things from different people. The management was fantastic in assigning my work and working with patients who might have been upset. In the medical field we should be open minded to our patients and their reactions and we handle them in the best way which is professional. Everyone is like family, there is love, respect and care.
Pros
The supervisor would buy lunch whenver we had a nice and succesful day.
Cons
none whatsoever
Strategic & Challenging Atmosphere for Day to Day Operations
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2013
I oversee a 7 day facility that helps patients for immediate care, preplacement physicals, drug screens, immunizations and injury care at work.

We currently see over 150 patients a day and have maintained and built an established repor in the downtown Chicago area.

The hardest part of the job is trying to coach and teach the team the importance of why they are here and what they are expected to do daily to facilitate excellent customer care and service.

The most enjoable part of my job is seeing patients smile and making sure the staff is equally as happy too.
target 10 year plus employees
medical support specialist (Current Employee) –  arlington texasMay 1, 2013
I have work for Concentra for 14 years,and out of my 14 years i have never exper. a company that only cares about numbers and not patients or employees. the company treats us like slave and not employees.For the past year or two, i have notice that they are letting go alot of the 10 year plus employees, and making there jobs harder to keep ,and also letting go alot of of the COD and ACOD ,that have had 19 years plus exper.This looks like a conspiracy or what.
Pros
it was a good company and it could still be company
Cons
the raises are not good at all, you have to really do so much work to be able to get a raise at that
Thousand foot view of my Concentra sales world
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2013
My thousand foot view of my daily work activities are to create and execute sales plans to exceed new business development goals of closing 8 new companies per week with at least 20 sales calls per day and 15 face to face appointments per week.
Implement a customer service plan to identify customer needs, document and resolve customer concerns and maintain existing customer relationships with a 2000+ client base. Demonstrate ability to communicate regulatory issues of occupational health care industry.
Pros
ongoing training programs, always wanting us to succeed, uncapped commissions.
Cons
atuo allowance could be better.
professional, very structured and fun to work for.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 26, 2013
I would make sure the rooms were ready for patients, do calibrations that was needed to be done, make sure my work station was ready. Signed on to the computer. What learned was the importance of teamwork, as long as everyone has the same goal at the end of the day then the day will go a lot smoother. I like being a medical assistant I feel that this is the enjoyable positions, I like the duties of this type of position such as taking to patients and tending to their health, I feel like there is really nothing hard, I guess that I have had harder jobs than being a medical assistant.
Generally High Ratings
Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 9, 2015
Concentra has a diverse, highly intelligent and friendly workforce. It has been a pleasure to work at Concentra and there are opportunities to grow and learn. Work/life balance is generally good and the company has a liberal work from home policy.
Concentra is work intensive and usually requires more than an 8 hour day.
The benefits have, for the most part, been good. Pay is not as competitive.
Concentra was recently purchased by Select Medical and integration is ongoing. The culture, benefits, etc. will change w/ the new owners and the company will become much more lean. There have been several reductions in force.
Professional Medical Facility
Externship (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 16, 2014
The staff here was exceptional and a great work environment. Concentra would be very great fit for me and fits well with my qualifications and goals. The staff was able to teach me certain tasks and showed me valuable different perspectives of the medical industry that I did not learn in medical school.

Management was very trustworthy and professional and so were the medical staff that was there.

The hardest part of this job was not being able to complete certain tasks because of lack of qualifications for being a student on a externship. The most enjoyable part of this externship was being able to deal with patients face to face and be able to help them with their needs as well as being able to contribute my clinical and administrative skills.
Wonderful company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 28, 2013
The culture at Concentra is unlike one I've ever seen! Great management structure, with a lot of support from the top. As an account executive, it is your job to build relationships with employers. You don't usually get the business immediately, but this does not directly affect your commission. Your bonuses are given out on a quarterly basis and depend on multiple factors and service lines. The sky is the limit at this company! I would recommend this job to anybody!!!
Pros
great bonus structure, plenty of training, great culture
Cons
disconnect between operations and sales
Fast Paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 24, 2014
I had to be vary fast at all times but still able to be efficient. I would take the patient back to get their height and weight, do an eye exam, sometimes an audio test, take there vitals, draw blood, do a finger stick to check there sugar, give injections if needed, do an EKG if needed. I would assist the doctor with minor procedures and do anything they asked. Hardest part of the job would be everyone unorganized. The most enjoyable part would be the interaction with the patients and doing the job I love.
Pros
doing what i love
Cons
being lade off do to lack of work
Busy medical Clinic.
Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  colorado Springs, COFebruary 29, 2012
Medical Center daily operations, coordinate staff and patient scheduling, phones, medical records filing and archiving, patient care, logistics of equipment and supplies, ensured facility was up to code and safe, hired staff, payroll, budgets, staff meetings and trainings, client tours and on site shot clinics.
Skills: Phones, scheduling, logistics of medical and office supplies, inventory of supplies and equipment, customer service, computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint,etc) weekly and monthly reports, budget, building maintenance, records management, HR role in hiring and firing staff, lead meetings, presented stats, excellent communication skills with internal and external employees, payroll, medical coding of office visits, training staff
Terrible company
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 19, 2013
I was fired when I was 8 months pregnant bc I called into work on a day when over 10 inches of snow had fallen. This company does not care about their employees, only the numbers. I am a hospital trained RT and they have no business having rad techs in this company. They truly only need LST's. I was scrutinized for not knowing how to be an MA, I would highly suggest that any RT (or anyone else) not accept a position with this company.
Pros
busy company
Cons
to many.

Comment – May 26, 2013

I agree with the previous comment. They do only care about the numbers, and they work you like a DOG. Management is completely unprofessional and have cliques. It's a very unprofessional company. Just look at all the positions they constantly have available. Hmmmm. I wonder why.

Occupation Health and Urgent Care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, Md.July 29, 2014
A day at work for Concentra I would open in the morning, calibrating machines to do patient testing. I would then help by greeting patients to register for physicals, drug screens, injuries. I also do ordering supplies and run 2 specialists on Wednesdays. I have to prepare charts for them and take phone calls to help patients who see the specialists. If time permits do training of other new employees at different centers.
Cons
sometimes days run too long (ex. staying too long after day is over)
Great place to work, very flexible.
Contract Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 6, 2014
I had never done auditing work before so it was a whole new language for me to learn. Like anything new it was tough in the beginning learning this new language. I enjoyed the work because it felt like detective work trying to find the errors in billing. It was a great feeling to have accomplished so much there without a nursing or pharmaceutical degree. Unfortunately they closed the Weymouth office in MA. With cut backs due to the economy they moved everything out of their headquarters in Chicago.
Pros
learning something new everyday.
Horrible place to work, awful management
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2013
I have worked for Concentra for a little over a year and my experience went from great to terrible in a matter of months. Management doesn't care about their workers only numbers and scores. Half the time you don't get lunches and just get an "oh well" the only good thing out of this job is that I met a great group of girls who I bonded with hating the company over.
Pros
at least its a job, met a great staff who shared my views on hating management
Cons
management, hours, horrible pay, lunches
Able to perform clinical and administrative duties as a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2013
Greeting patients, scheduling patient appointments, Insurance Verification, Preparing patients for Provider/Examinations, Assisting doctor with minor + surgical procedures, Obtaining PFT's, UDS, Laboratory, and dispensing medication. Obtaining Prior Authorization for Physical Therapy. Wound Care/Bandaging/Splints. Giving injections within practice of scope-Subq + IM. Patient Intake and Discharge. Answering Phone Calls and Returning Phone Calls.

Being part of Concentra allowed me to obtain a medical assistant position that allow me to use my administrative and clinical skills.
Pros
allowing my growth and opportunity as medical assistant
Great Management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2013
I was responsible for my own book of business that included some 2,000 employers and activly persued my own prospects through the use of Hoovers, Manta, as well as our own internal networking tool. I was required to have two F2F appointments a day, either new business or potential clients. We recorded all activities in a CRM tool and reportecd directly to the regional team. Great company to work for!
Pros
great company and culture that provided excellent sales support.
Cons
balancing time between medical center tasks as well as client demands
Best place I have ever worked!
MA extern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 7, 2012
Currently, I am an MA extern at the Louisville site. The staff is absolutely amazing! The COD is so understanding, fun and is really down to earth. All of the MA's and the assistant COD are so friendly and willing to help and teach! All staff is well trained in all areas so everyone is available to help out anywhere they are needed. All of the staff, even the doctors have a very welcoming and professional attitude! I am hoping to become employed here when my externship is over, I can't imagine finding a better work environment.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Productive and Great place to work. Longevity
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2015
I provide many roles and responsibilities for different disciplines and departments. My daily responsibilities consist of multitasking, meeting deadlines and assisting my Leadership Team: Operations, Medical Operations, Physical Therapy and Sales. My main responsibility is the Medical Schedule Coordinator. I've learned to be a team player. My management is my support.My co-workers are wonderful. I take great pride in getting the job done efficiently and on-time along with assisting the team for success and give 110% every day with a smile on my face!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation
Feeling like I really played a part in the patient's care
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I have learned many new things in working with Concentra. One of the main things that I have really enjoyed learning is all of the different laws and practices that Workman’s Compensation encompasses. I utilize those different laws based on the state in which I am working in. I use those laws to make sure I correctly get the patient cared for and back to work as quickly as possible. Even though I do not directly have a hand in the patient’s care, I know that I took part in getting them the care that they need.
CBO Workers are treated like sweat shop workers with no social life.
Deposit Preparation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2013
Production, Production, PRODUCTION!=Goal w/ payout <1.5% quarterly. There is a 5% payout if the annual goal is reached, but each quarter the goal gets harder and harder. Also the raises are not good. There is no cost of living increase either.

Concentra is owned by Humana, but the employees still have normal insurance premiums (no discount).
Pros
flex-time
Cons
stress, production and goal driven envirnoment, socializing will get you written up, and often short-notice manadatory ot