Concentra

Concentra Employee Reviews

A fast pace enviroment, never a dull moment
Physical Therapy Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Always very busy, the best part of my job is seeing the patients improving. I have been with this company ten years and now three owners, its time to move on.
Pros
Great PTO benifits
Cons
Must work most holidays.
Fast Paced and Hard working enviroment
Medical Assisting Extern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 8, 2015
During my Extern at Concentra I became very comfortable with the work environment. I learned so much from front office to back office duties. I definitely enjoyed my time there because I knew exactly what I had to do and if I had any questions someone was always there to help. The hardest part of the Job was the amount of patients that were seen a day from 90-100 patients. It was overwhelming because of such short staff and providers.
Pros
Fast Paced
execellent
Externship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2015
Great place to utilize al of your skills. great place to get a start if just out of school. Fast pace employment. You will see over 200 patients a day. No down time some staff can be lazy and you must distant your self from drama.
Pros
lots of experience
great place to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2015
Enjoyed working with patient helping them get there appointments they need. Learn the other side of the medical field behind the desk getting approvers from adjuster . Great co-workers that helped one other to get there goals at the work place. Hardest part about the waiting on the adjuster approve.
Pros
bouns and overtime and holiday pay off holidays
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 4, 2015
Concentra is a great place to work. Very fast paced environment with many different responsibilities within the office. I assisted with many physicals, performed drug, urine, hair, hearing and vision testing. Phlebotomy was a huge part of my job and I loved it! The team of professionals I worked with and for were the best group of people I have ever worked with!
Overworked and little pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 4, 2015
Would not recommend. Very disorganized. The company has great intentions but does not know how to manage. They give the Dr's too much control.
Office Politics
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2015
This job is just that.....A JOB.The coworker watch you like a hawk and then like to go back and tell the supervisor on you if you even decide to sneeze yet alone go to the bathroom.

They all focus on numers not patient care
employee appreciation
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2015
This company, at least in Pittsburgh, PA, does not value employees. Your hard work will go unnoticed. Do not apply. This company surveys a fraction of the patients cared for. No matter what you as an individual do, the overall survey affects your own personal review/ raise. DO NOT APPLY
Pros
Cons
reminders of your short comings
Awesome organization
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas Fort Worth TX.April 19, 2015
Awesome workplace. Upper management really buys into the mission and company values. The organization really believes in providing the best care for all patients. Colleagues strive for great customer service.
No talking, just listening
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 17, 2015
Listen to prerecorded phone calls. Active listening skiil needed. Learned to sit for a long poriod. Will work with you school schedule.
Meet new people everyday!
Front Office Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 15, 2015
Our Mission
Improving America’s health, one patient at a time.

Our vision
Provide the highest quality clinical experience delivered with Orange Book service and exceptional consistency by engaged, welcoming, respectful, and skillful colleagues.

Our values
A healing focus,
A selfless heart,
A tireless resolve.
Horrible company to work for
Portland Market Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 15, 2015
Support staff bullied and constantly criticized. This was a terrible place to work and had I to do it all over again, I would never have accepted the position. It was advertised as FT with benefits but ended up being PT with no benefits.
Cons
Bad management
Challenging work environment
Center Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 11, 2015
Staff are wonderful people to work with, upper management lack qualifications and people skills. There is not much more I would say about this company.
Concentra provided a good company environment to work in. The management was intent on getting tasks completed timely and accurately.
Contract Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 9, 2015
While here, I did not feel any reason to disagree with my management, and thought that overall they were very considerate of the staff. We did have team building events every couple of months that were a good break.
Good Company
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 7, 2015
programming
learned to high skills of coding
co-worker are good
company is good
working in big team
coding the project
management is very nice
Pros
all benifits
Cons
less breaks
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Concentra. Unfortunately, my department was eventually shut down after an acquisition, but that did not tarnish my viewpoint of the company. There were good benefits (matching, work from home, etc) and the managers cared about the people they worked with. The best part of the job was the fact that advancement was so readily available for those who chose to pursue it. Co-workers were nice and professional.
Pros
Benefits, Laid-back culture, Management
Overall good company
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 24, 2015
Very good company to work for. Relaxed and casual environment. Co-workers are very supportive and helpful. Like most jobs there are high priority times along with additional work and tight deadlines.
Good/ OK place to work but can be improved
Account Representative / A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 23, 2015
Good/ OK place to work but can be improved. Management staff can do better with additional training. Not very good place for career advancement, middle management staff not looking to better selves as result entry level positions have very little opportunity to advance.
Pros
room for advancement
A great place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Aspinwall, PAMarch 18, 2015
A great place to work. A leader in occupational health and urgent care services. Very fast paced and exciting. The people are the best part
Worked from home
Independent Nurse Auditor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 18, 2015
I have been a nurse auditor for over 30 years. I worked completely from home and found this to be very agreeable. Did audits at various hospitals.