Concentra Employee Reviews

Supportive environment
Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 28, 2016
Managers are easy to work with and respond quickly to employee needs. Requests are managed quickly and successfully answered. Requests for days off are never declined.
Center Operation Director
Operations Director/Assistant Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 31, 2016
• Management of 20+ medical and non-medical staff
• Colleague engagement and development
• Management of center financials
• Monthly and weekly center staff meetings
• Scheduling of staff according to demand and budgeting
• Efficiency planning and execution
• Medical record privacy and request management
• Scheduling and attendance of corporate sales meetings
• Front office process management
• Medical billing and accurate coding
• Medical transcription maintenance
• Drug screen and alcohol testing
• Medical supply inventory management
• Leader in market for patient and employer experience rating
• Management of area specialist clinician program
• Responsible for onboarding and training
Great job
Auditor/Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work, learned a lot about accounting and bank processes. Excellent benefits package. Great co workers , great supervisor , great management.
Pros
learned alot about banking
Cons
Laid off
Can't get time off
Urgent Care Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2016
Loved it here. lots of urgent care procedures but difficult to get vacation time or sick time. Expert at DOT and physical examinations, suturing, foreign object eye and I and D procedures.
could be better
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 7, 2016
worked way to many hours, almost 60hrs a week, with no availability to promote. pay was very low in the beginning. Very understaffed
Great group of coworkers
Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I work with an amazing group, my immediate supervisor is fabulous. A typical day at work consists of a lot of different things from urine drug screens to diagnostic x-rays. Some days are very busy and other days not so much. I have learned so many different aspects of the medical assistant job and then I have learned so much from a few different techs that I have worked with over the last three years. My direct supervisor is amazing, she understands and gets to know every single worker, but the chain of command seems to get weaker the higher up you go. Everyone that works in our clinic get along very well and we all help each other. The hardest part of the job I would say has to be the company representatives that you deal with that do not understand how the clinic works. There are also patients that seem to get really upset with you when they do not pass their exams and you have to keep them calm. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say is the smiles that you get from all the patients that you help out.
Pros
Amazing coworkers. Free lunches, quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Lunches at different times nothing is set but that is the healthcare field.
Cocentra
Radiology Technician / Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 14, 2016
At Concentra we are often understaffed, overwhelmed, severely underpaid, and unappreciated. There is a very high turnover rate and we always loose the best people due to lack of opportunity, poor pay, mistreatment by management and overwhelming work environment. Concentra has poor medical benefits, insufficient pay and PTO.
Pros
Most of the co-workers are a real team.
Cons
Poor pay and poor management.
Positive environment
Identity and Access Management (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 4, 2016
It was a great place to work for. I enjoyed working there and get guidance from my senior management, who helped me grow. I learned a lot there. The management was good.
fast paced environment
Lead Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDAugust 10, 2016
Very fast paced workplace. Hostile and unprofessional management. Barely give any employees raises unless you are a doctor. Very basis work environment.
Pros
401 K, benefits
Cons
NO RAISES
Not the best place
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 28, 2016
When I first started working at Concentra I loved it but now I'm so over it. Basically in the beginning everyone's nice to you but once they see your #s people start treating you differently. A lot of favoritism which is pointless because you can't make a career at of this. There's a lot of hood chics and uneducated people there. I think it a good job if your young and just want to make Money. But if you have ambition or your educated I think your better off somewhere else.
Pros
Make new Friends
Cons
Micro manged
A Productive and fun work place with free coffee
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2016
I loved learning from the people at this location.This was the perfect place to complete my externship. I wish that they were hiring, because I would have loved to work there.
The need to be creative and adapt to nursing outside of typical setting-
PRN Occupational Health RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2016
I could be in a work trailer under a bridge, to the next day a factory work office. I learned I can make the best out of any challenge to complete my work. I had no co-workers in the field, but managed a team of 6 registered nurses I would dispatch to assignments. it was difficult at times to geographically get to the assigned locations. It was a challenge to get the supplies shipped from Ohio before I needed to distribute them. I really enjoyed the work crew of union painters under the bridge in Pittsburgh. The painters made me feel like their sister.
Pros
The job was always changeing
Cons
The travel was a challenge at times, and hard on my car
Medical Clinic/Profit
Center Operations Director (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work consists of working with clients (employees)
drug testing, PE's and urgent Care.

I learned quite a bit in this facility as a Director, I was trained to conduct Drug testing as well as Fit Testing on patients.

Co-workers were very motivated and enjoyed working with all staff including Providers and Medical Assts.

Most difficult part of the job was when a patient came into the clinic and we did not have an acct. set up from their employer, having to obtain the acct. information took a bit of time which made the patients wait to be seen.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work as a team, we had a great team, we all pulled together and made each day a good day.
Pros
The training we received
Cons
The Travel
fast pace
Phlebotmist/Medical Assistance (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 17, 2016
Greet patients enter information in computer,vital signs,blood work,vaccines and audio and titmus testing.Good management,co-workers team players.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Can be some what stressful
Not for one with family or personal life.
Physical Therapy Technician/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2016
Not consistent schedule. Always going to work on an uphill battle to never succeed and then be written up for it. Management very shady. Will have you treat your co-workers mean as you have been treated by them and then they want to write you up about it even though it was per their own instructions. Too much work and not enough time and or employees to complete all given tasks, then you get written up for it. They would rather have quantity instead of quality service. This is not good as medical facility stand point. Not good for customers/patients to be seen as a number/$$ instead of an actual person/patient.
Pros
mostly good co-workers.
Cons
no time for personal life/family, Center Director not consistent and will cover her own butt and WILL throw you "under the bus".
Front desk
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
With over a hundred patients we saw each day I registered in new and existing patients, patients coming in for emergencies due to an accident, random drug tests, physicals, Hazard physicals, FAA, patients coming in for physical therapy. scanned information into computer copied I.Ds/Ins. Called patients with drug test results.
I learned a lot at this company about the different types of drug tests and physicals along with the urgency of patients well being.
Management was good and fair whereas everyone in the whole company had to be cross trained. Co-workers always busy but still being team players no problems with no one.
The hardest part of the job was seeing patients wanting to see a doctor or nurse on an emergency after everyone had left for the day and have to send them elsewhere.
Enjoying that everyone was important in every department and we all respected that.
Pros
our manager provided free snacks and drinks for staff.
Cons
whenever someone was ill couldn't work a empoyee would be pulled from their area to fill in.
Too many changes, too little time
In center (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 24, 2016
The company seems to go through leadership and organizational changes every 6 months. Engagement is at an all time low, and everyone is exhausted, while being expected to give more and more of themselves.
Until they stabilize as an organization, not recommended as a workplace.
Pros
fair salary
Cons
high expectations, poor support from leadership
team was great they helped each other out
(internship)-(medical assistant) (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 24, 2016
the whole staff was great, they did their jobs and also helped each other if they needed it. i had a great experience as an intern, they taught me many things i used at other job sites.
Relaxed atmosphere.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2016
The atmosphere was very relaxed, for it to be in a call center environment it wasn't noisey. There was some micro managing and tit for tat favoritism. Not a place to seek a career.
Informative, you will learn a great deal
Lead Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2016
Typical day includes a fast paced work environment, interacting with patients, admitting, discharging and scheduling patients, verifying insurance.
Pros
Lots of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.