Concentra

Concentra Employee Reviews

Feeling like I really played a part in the patient's care
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Lombard, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I have learned many new things in working with Concentra. One of the main things that I have really enjoyed learning is all of the different laws and practices that Workman’s Compensation encompasses. I utilize those different laws based on the state in which I am working in. I use those laws to make sure I correctly get the patient cared for and back to work as quickly as possible. Even though I do not directly have a hand in the patient’s care, I know that I took part in getting them the care that they need.
Office Specialist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDSeptember 2, 2014
I learned a lot from this company. This was one of my first jobs and one of my best. If I didn't have to take care of my mom while she was sick before she passed, I would still be working there I believe. Great staff, great organization, and great doctors. I loved everything about the company except secret shoppers. Even though I was on my best behavior it was always hard to spot them out from other patients.
Enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), allen park,miAugust 29, 2014
Pros: full time job
Cons: short breaks
Loved working here. Skills levels are always being used. co workers were fun and easy going
Great employer and colleagues
Per diem Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 26, 2014
I enjoy working here. Flexible hours, friendly colleagues and a great work atmosphere all help make work fun
Challenging, fast-paced, friendly environment
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTAugust 24, 2014
Pros: every day a new experience
While working a short time at Concentra, I experienced a new challenge each day. My shift started at 7:00 a.m each day and I hit the ground running. Looking forward to every day, I was met with the opportunity to welcome patients and prepare them for their exams. I also provided clinical support to physicians, whether it be taking the patients vital signs or assisting them in surgery. I also registered patients, scheduled appointments and recorded diagnosis information. Working closely with my co-workers and management made it easy to ask questions as they were easily approachable which made it a wonderful opportunity to constantly learn the ways of the diversity of the office.
Manager
Manager (Current Employee), El PasoAugust 21, 2014
Great place to work. Hard work life balance. Great place to learn and understand the Work Comp Field.
Concentra
Externship (Former Employee), Hapeville, GAAugust 11, 2014
Here I completed my Externship as to where I Learned:Greeted patients and directed them accordingly. I check them in and out via OccuSource according to theprotocols. Filed paperwork, medical records and maintained inventory of office supplies and printed forms.
This company no longer exist in WA
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: this company no longer exist in wa
Cons: this company no longer exist in wa
This company no longer exists in WA state. Company was bought out by Objective Medical Assessments Corp
no balance, concerned with the bottom line only
Center Operations Director (Current Employee), Portland, OregonAugust 6, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no balance, aod encouraged staff to go behind people's backs
Working at Concentra gave me great knowledge of what I never wanted to do again. Backbiting was encouraged and rewarded. Staff often tattled on each other to get ahead. The management treated staff as subservient. Patients were treated as cattle, rushing them through. The best part of the job were easily the best part of the job but all else was painful. Just dont do it.
Very busy clinic
Medical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: busy clinic, day goes by fast.
Cons: short to no breaks and standing on your feet all day.
Urgent care, and occupational medicine. Very busy clinic. Great staff of Doctors who honestly care about the patient experience.
fun workplace
clinical experience (Former Employee), Westport, MOAugust 4, 2014
I learned many exercises to utilize with patients with different injuries.
it was a helpful start
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 3, 2014
This is a fast paste center, learned to deal with the public on a more face to face level and my co- worker where a joy to work with ,my most enjoyable part of the job is see patient leave feeling better.
Occupation Health and Urgent Care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Elkridge, Md.July 29, 2014
Cons: sometimes days run too long (ex. staying too long after day is over)
A day at work for Concentra I would open in the morning, calibrating machines to do patient testing. I would then help by greeting patients to register for physicals, drug screens, injuries. I also do ordering supplies and run 2 specialists on Wednesdays. I have to prepare charts for them and take phone calls to help patients who see the specialists. If time permits do training of other new employees at different centers.
Excellent learning environment
Specialist Coordinator, PTR (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2014
Concentra provides an excellent work environment for those who are new to the health care field to get the needed experience.
Fast Paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 24, 2014
Pros: doing what i love
Cons: being lade off do to lack of work
I had to be vary fast at all times but still able to be efficient. I would take the patient back to get their height and weight, do an eye exam, sometimes an audio test, take there vitals, draw blood, do a finger stick to check there sugar, give injections if needed, do an EKG if needed. I would assist the doctor with minor procedures and do anything they asked. Hardest part of the job would be everyone unorganized. The most enjoyable part would be the interaction with the patients and doing the job I love.
Fast pased and full of people
Assistant Center Operations Director (Current Employee), Fraser, MIJuly 23, 2014
Generally work about 8 to 10 hours a day. The days usually split my time between clerical, and operational duties. I generally spend some time in the beginning of my day dealing with client issues, or occurrences that came up during the night shifts. During busier times I typically present myself around the clinic, both in the office and treatment areas, to ensure the proper flow of patients through the clinic. Also to ensure that any issues presenting themselves are dealt with swiftly.
Gained great first workmans comp experiene
Workman's Compensation Nurse (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2014
The day at work is how you set it up for yourself. Only reason I left was due to benefits were not carried over from previous company
Customer Service (Former Employee), tucson eastJuly 19, 2014
its a great place to work at. the only thing needed to be change is management needs adjustments or new manager
A very warm and comfortable place where everyone works together to supply all needs to he patients.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, free lunches on some days
My typical day at work was great just the excitement of going and knowing i would be helping making another persons day or life better in some type of way. I learned so much there from begining to the end from back office to front office, my co-workers were great and very helpful to me. There wasnt anything really hard about the job just since i came in the medical field with more experience in production but i learned an picked up in 2 days on front office work. The most enjoyable part of my job was having that time with the patients, working in the medical field is a passion to me an i love what i do as part of the team
Putting patients health first.
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2014
It is our job to promptly meet the pt's needs as they come through our doors. We see about 250 patients a day and try to give the best healthcare to each and every patient.

About Concentra

Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation, – Read more

Concentra Salaries