Concentra Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 17, 2015
I love working for Cocentra. From management to co workers they are very professional & heart warming. I have learned how to multi task at a fast pace. Our quota goals make me challenge myself to please my myself & the company.
Cons
timed bathroom breaks
occupational medicine
Medical Support Specialist/MA (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 15, 2015
Concentra is the place to work if you are looking for occupational medicine. It is faced paced and there is also a urgent care side as well.
Pros
medical benefits, hours
Cons
job security
no longer a sense of fulliment
Center Operations Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2015
There is no room for growth after meeting the requirement for advancement the opportunity. There role of a manager is so micro managed I have been thru 9 managers in the 11 years I have been with the company.
Fun workplace with caring management
Extern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 14, 2015
I was only an extern for this position, however, I did enjoy my time here I did DOT/CDL tests, drug tests, observed alcohol tests, roomed patients, took vitals, etc.
Generally High Ratings
Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 9, 2015
Concentra has a diverse, highly intelligent and friendly workforce. It has been a pleasure to work at Concentra and there are opportunities to grow and learn. Work/life balance is generally good and the company has a liberal work from home policy.
Concentra is work intensive and usually requires more than an 8 hour day.
The benefits have, for the most part, been good. Pay is not as competitive.
Concentra was recently purchased by Select Medical and integration is ongoing. The culture, benefits, etc. will change w/ the new owners and the company will become much more lean. There have been several reductions in force.
Extremely unorganized, unprofessional, and the worst company I have ever worked for.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 8, 2015
There was never enough staff to handle the workload. Patient care came first, and everything else "got done when there was time" which there never was. They wanted everyone out of the building by 5:30pm because that's when overtime started. However, we still would have patients there past 5:30pm. If a person walked in 2 minutes before we closed needing stitches, they would take them and one of the CMA's and the only doctor would be there until 7:00pm.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, most days no lunches
Ok place to work if its your first medical job
Referral, Specialist/Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  idkDecember 7, 2015
Concentra is great for entry level employee's.Cool place to learn and grow.Very fast passed company.................................
Pros
nice boss
Cons
always on your feet no pay raise
Productive work environment
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2015
Great place to enhance your commucation skills with a supportive team as back up. Money doesn't matter because the interaction I get with the patients is priceless. Making sure their patient experience was successful is all that matters to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing the patients, the hardest is when a patient isn't satisfied.
Pros
Changing someone's attitude
organized, productive work environment. Friendly staff
Medical Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIDecember 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Concentra receiving my internship.
Staff was very welcoming. Learned quite a bit from each of them.
Pros
friendly, clean, organized environment
Very busy place to work.
Physical Therapy Support Specialist. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2015
Go in to work everyday under staffed. You go into work already with failure. The demand of the staff is high. They want patients to be checked in and out as quick as possible and if not you'll get written up for it. There is not balance of quality and quantity there. So many patients and no enough staff so quality and quantity fall through the cracks and then you end up getting written up for it. Supervisors are aware but still demand more. Good co-workers to work with but over all working environment and working conditions are encouraging enough to want to go to work there. I don't recommend it to anyone if you plan on having life. Schedules are horrible.
Cons
working environment, under staffed, expectations of staff are unattainable.
Concentra
RN, Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 1, 2015
Working at Concentra medical Centers allowed me to expand my experience past nursing and business. I learned a tremendous amount about Marketing and sales.
First Permanent Job in Charlotte!
Front Desk Reception (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2015
Front desk reception duties included answering all calls and distributing all faxes. Daily duties included processing medical referrals by making copies for the office and the caseworkers. Maintained all files and supplies for the office, including all report logs.
Pros
Working with the public and utilizing my work experience in the office.
Cons
Company moved to Tennessee
Fast pace enviroment, but very rewarding
Center Operations Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people get better.
The hardest part of my job is the work life balance. On average I work 60 hours a week. Recent ownership change, seems to be for the better.
Pros
Advancement Oppertunitys
Typical day at work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 26, 2015
Management place rules in effect, but they themselves do not adhere to the rules set by the company. The company as a whole has been sold twice and management has changes so much within 5 years. There goals for making bonuses for employees is unrealistic. The encourage people to return to school, but cannot accommodate a schedule after telling the employees that they will work with them.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Poor Management
Summary of Job Experience
Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 25, 2015
Can be very busy and hectic. Over all OK. Could be better. Non existent loyalty to employees. Basically it's just corporate big boys as usual. They do not think twice about severing your job to provide a space for their buddies, who just want to move in town!
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Very little breaks
fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 18, 2015
I loved the job and the opportunity to work with patients and make them feel better but I felt no respect or help from any of my co workers. most things I had to learn alone
Pros
working with patients
Cons
mangement
Great work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 16, 2015
Learned a lot from working with the company it was an amazing experience. Great people great staff amazing doctors. Its a place where you can grow and learn
Extremely Fast paced work environtment
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 10, 2015
Ask employees for too much work for too little of pay. Not a ton of room to grow outside of your job title. Workplace is EXTREMELY fast paced. On your feet 9 hours a day, compensation does not match up to workload.
Pros
insurance packages to choose from
Cons
Understaffed
Awesome and fun workplace
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2015
I loved what I did but unfortunately i got laid off from this company due to the economy. Poor Marketing and communication from cooperate
Productive work environment in the Medical Field
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2015
I have excellent customer service skills, answering phones, scheduling appointments, setting up UA's & BA's, physicals as well. Helping patients with their concerned questions.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Not enough time for certain patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentra. Our community is ready to answer.