Conco Systems

Conco Systems Employer Reviews

excellent company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Verona, PAJune 10, 2013
handles power related efficiency products.
leak detection, tube cleaning, eddy current testing, and support products
Fun place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: good coworkers, lots of room for advancement
Cons: pay, and benefits were substandard
I enjoyed my short time there. I enjoyed the people I worked with liked to get to travel to different parts of the United States was very fun.
Bad work conditions, will never go back.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2013
Unstable work conditions for most of the employees that had the job. I wouldn't recommend this job to anybody because of that and also it had a unstable work schedule.
if you love to travel
Supervisor / Crew Member (Former Employee), Verona, PAJuly 7, 2012
Pros: travel alot and see many places, good pay, benefits
Cons: if you have a family you'll miss lots of birthday, holidays
Conco is a great job if you love to travel and see the US. The pay is fairly good and there is plenty of overtime
Difficult industry but, that's just the "nature of the beast"... Very hard work.
Eddy Current Support (Former Employee), Verona, PAMay 2, 2012
Pros: good family, good benefits
Cons: bad management (back then)
Overall, a good place to work. Ownership (at least initally) seemed genuinely concerned with the welfare of their employees. The Christmas parties were great!
Unfortunatly, they had a tendancy to sometimes let the the "inmates run the asylum".
I was let go in the spring of '04 with NO explanation. I loved my work and never had any kind of record of – more... misconduct or substandard performance.
I subsequently obtained employment with a competing company who seemed glad to hire me on the spot. Afterall, I enjoyed this kind of work and was good at it.
I'll never forget the humiliation I felt when I recieved TWO intimidating pieces of registered mail...one from FedEx and one from the Post Office sent by the president of Conco demanding my immediate resignation from the new job I'd just taken.
Fortunately, with the support of a great attorney as well as as the principals of my new company I was able to maintain and advance in my new job, something that I was unable to to do at Conco mostly because of a manager that drank too much and didn't treat me very well.
In fairness, my experience with this company was nearly a decade ago. Hopefully, things have changed since then because I truly like and respect the family that owns this company.
As a postscript, I really don't want to give them a 5 star rating...maybe a 2 or 3. Nonetheless, something's wrong with this site so I've gotta punch in a 5 in order to register my submission. – less