Concord Hospital Employee Reviews

Unsupported by our manager who lacked understanding of our workflow
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 31, 2017
I loved Concord Hospital when i began my work there; a change in management contributed to a very negative work environment and left a previously cohesive supportive department frankly in shambles.
supportive colleagues and management
RN Staff Nurse pulmonary telemetry (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 18, 2017
Challenging area with multiple tracheostomy patients, vented patients, surgical and monitored patients. Assignments were balanced among the staff. Team manager was available to assist when requested. Physicians were kept informed of patient status and appreciated suggestions. Self scheduling allowed flexibility with working hours.
Pros
supportive staff and colleagues
Cons
relocation required termination of my employment
Nice place to work
Professional Coder (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 23, 2017
Management concerns! Concord Hospital is a great facility with great providers and employees. However, in a short time of being there, not a great work environment in this department.
Busy hospital with good coworkers
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 8, 2017
Good place to start right out of school with lots of opportunity to learn. Difficult to advance as management has not changed in many years. Great coworkers and good culture
Pros
coworkers
Cons
to much emphasis on numbers
Very Organized
FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 7, 2017
I worked there as a highschool student and it was a really great job. Hours were available on the weekends and during summer and the kitchen was really well organized and met all food and sanitation standards. The management was very cooperative and understanding and I truly loved being there
Respiratory
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Concord hospitalJune 5, 2017
Manager played favorites, some people got any days off for vacation they wanted well others were constantly denied. CEO pretends to care about what the employees have to say but is only out to protect his paycheck and cover up for the other 11+ vice presidents mistakes
Pros
Some good people in the department to work with
Cons
Pay sucks, terrible managers
Not family friendly
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 31, 2017
Customer service was not a very family friendly area to work. Push Push Push for very little to no support. The women in the department are very much a clique.
Fast pace but good atmosphere
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 24, 2017
The office was always busy. But all of the employees worked together really well. Concord Hospital has great opportunities available for those who wish to pursue their careers in healthcare.

The best part about the job was definitely my coworkers. They made the days easier.

The hardest part was the unbelievable amount of patients and work that needed to be done on a daily basis.

I would absolutely refer anyone to work for this company however, even with the stress-fullness that goes along with it.
Horrible Place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 24, 2017
8 hour work day
Did not learn at all
Management just loved to cut people out
Culture was tense and miserable
Patients were not well managed
Managers played favorites.
Best place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 26, 2017
Management is supportive and encouraging advancement
Workplace culture is collaborative and true teamwork
The hardest part is the turnover with patients being discharged and new post ops arriving
Pros
wonderful workplace environment
Great place to work with patient centered care environment
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 20, 2017
Concord Hospital is a great place to work. All the staff are super friendly and helpful and their number one goal is always to provide the best patient centered care. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to assist the therapists with individualized patient treatments and getting to meet all kinds of patients and being a part of what helps them return to their baseline functioning.
great facility
Clinical Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 8, 2017
It was a wonderful place to work. Great people and considerate management. Friendly environment, safe and caring people. Good benefits and a good life-work balance.
Pros
healthy environment, good benefits
Cons
n/a
Godd people
Chief MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 12, 2017
Concord Hospital is constantly expanding and growing. I have had the pleasure of working with some very good people. There is a very different workplace culture than what you see at many other hospitals.
Focus on Successful Strategic Plans
Materiel Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 21, 2017
Concord Hospital strives to be successful in an extremely competitive environment. We have new leadership who are working on major climate changes to ensure the hospital achieves and remains successful.
structered
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 11, 2017
great place to work. Fast paced. I enjoyed my time here it gave me a sence of pride knowing what I did made a difference. Gave me a sence of pride and a smile on my face
Benefits
Cons
Employees are not always treated the best
Great staff, EXCELLENT care, poor management, very poor compensation
Lab (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHDecember 5, 2016
All of the fellow clinical staff is great to work with and helps make the stressful work easier.

Management is very poor, they don't give off the appearance to care about you personally or your work/life balance. Their communication skills are some of the worst I have ever encountered.

Compensation is very poor, but if you need the experience it is livable, just makes it VERY hard to thrive.

Benefits are decent, biggest perk is the Earned time.

Coworkers are absolutely amazing humans doing absolutely amazing work and considering the lack of good management and compensation it truly is remarkable.
growing community hospital
Staff Therapist and Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 10, 2016
Organize day of PFT testing and ABG lab QA. Grew a new EMR and training for all staff. Confidence in from the Pulmonologists allowed Respiratory to utilize there assessment skills for performing independent ordering of care within guidelines and outcomes being monitored.

Very small and tight department hard to advance without someone leaving but moral very good.
Pros
Working closely with physicians
Cons
not much advancement
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penacook, NHOctober 25, 2016
I worked within a family practice through Concord Hospital and would run at least 2 doctor's myself a day. It was a family oriented family practice and you really got to know some of the families. We did everything from assisting provider's with in office procedure's, to immunizations of all ages, and chart documenting. There was never a dull moment in this office, there was always something to do and if you did find yourself with some time on your hands you would help out a team mate that may have needed a helping hand. Truly the best team work I have worked with.
Pros
Great team work and communication
Cons
No breaks, pay was low
Excellent place to work with great benefits for the past 8 years
Medical Transcriptionist II (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 18, 2016
I transcribe medical records all day in a professional environment. I can take pride in my work and place of employment. I can work independently and have had the opportunity to learn new work types and computer systems. I have wonderful, caring co-workers. It can be hard to exclusively do transcription with no other duties. I really enjoy the work environment and people.
Pros
Professional environment and co-workers, good pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Impending layoff, not a lot of variety in work duties
Nice Place
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 14, 2016
Great place for you to start your career. Unfortunately the pay is a little lower than the rest in the state for being such a busy hospital. Concord Hospital is extremely nice place and seems to be a very solid company.