Concord Hospitality Employee Reviews

Bad Aftertaste
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2017
Working for Concord Hospitality was a pleasure for the first year or so. Unfortunately, I had a manager who pretended to be a friend and ultimately used that friendship to have my employment terminated. Management is not to be trusted, in my experience, but the other perks of working for this company are some of the best I have experienced in all of my years of working.
Pros
Free hotel stays, discounted hotel rates for employees/friends/family, Pto
High turnover rate
Guest Services / Bellman (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2017
High turnover rate. Management did not treat everyone equally. Did not terminate an employee even when they broke major rules. For example: A front desk manager was drunk after work and showed up at hotel lobby. Disrupted employees and guests.
Pros
cash tips
Cons
unfair management practices
Easy going w/ great co-workers
Laundry & Facilities (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Management could be better w/ better training and providing necessary resources to properly execute tasks. At first, job seems inviting, but management can be complicated and unforgiving.
ok
Maintenace Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, OHNovember 16, 2016
Was a good place to work. Did not grow as much as I would of liked. Hours were all over the place. Little help when needed it. It was a come and go place.
Pros
allowed me to work another job
Cons
healthcare
Do not waste your time with this company.
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2016
The gm is a real d!#K. The housekeeping manager is a true a&$ kisser. So your job is not a guarantee.....A sloppy place and company to work for. Try your luck elsewhere.
Wonderful environment for work, associates and managers make a great team.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, NJSeptember 16, 2016
In my time working in the Renaissance Hotel I learn how to work as a team with my fellows associates by taking care of our guests and making their staying a wonderful time. This company gave me the tools for accomplish my goals and give my best.
Pros
Benefits, great people (guest, managers and associates), location.
Typical Day
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLSeptember 4, 2016
Fun to be around people of all walks of life.
The work is competitive and challenging every day.
Professional environment.
Exciting to achieve positive results.
work place
Maintenance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 9, 2016
not a good place for the people that need to work hard and learn new things.
nice management and nice coworker, but it is not a challenging environment especially if you do 2 end shift really it is boring boring
Don't believe the hype!
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 26, 2016
I moved over to a Raleigh property managed by Concord with the thought it would be a great opportunity for advancement and growth being Concord is headquartered in Raleigh. The compensation was good, but on-property upper management was the issue. They delivered a lot of "lip-service" but were disingenuous. Middle management was held responsible for everything while upper management was hardly present, unavailable to accept accountability and just passed blame to others. Department managers not supported and used team member against department managers. From experience, I know this is a way of the "work-life" but it was more so apparent here than any other location I have been employed as a manager. Low morale was prevalent but they need to realize everything results from the top.
I would not recommend this organization to anyone in a middle-management role.
Pros
$2 lunch
Cons
lack of support, sincerity and accountability from upper mgmt
Stressful, overworked, and not rewarded
Front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 5, 2016
Expect you to work long hours everyday and did not offer breaks. The more you do the more they take advantage of. Do not reward with pay increase. Front desk manager was lazy did what she wanted. My time their wasn't all bad but hard to advance with the company they don't train or help you advance unless they like you.
Pros
Friendly guest and nice co workers
Cons
Short breaks, lazy manager
Are you serious
front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Savannah, GA has 2 properties from this company who are TERRIBLE. From petty, indecisive, deceitful management and supervisors to manipulation of positions. PLEASE DONT WORK HERE! IT WON'T BE LONG!
Exciting work enviroment
Manager/AGM/GM/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 6, 2015
Over ten years of employment, I held numerous positions throughout the years. I worked at 2 of there restaurants at once for 2 years. One restaurant I was the GM at the other I was a Service Manager.
It was a challenging time. The company gave me an opportunity to grow and learn all aspect of the restaurant business.
Pros
Challenged by new positions throughout my employment.
Cons
Numerous hours and weeks without days off.
Not a coincidence to keep seeing poor culture/mgmt reviews...
FOH Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 26, 2015
This was honestly my least favorite job of my entire life. Like many others, I was thrown into a leadership position with little to no training or mentoring from upper leadership. Management is all over the place and the turnover percentage is very high. Many staff members have worked there so long they are complacent in their low paying positions and/or refuse to adapt to changes; especially not without giving leadership complete heck about it. Save yourself the constant migraine, because the lack of accountability across the board left a lot to be desired. Departments blame other departments, employees deflect onto other staff members, etc. Communication was like speaking Japanese to someone who only speaks Italian. Pay was the only decent aspect for me.
Pros
Pay was not horrible.
Cons
Insane amount of long hours, work environment toxic and full of drama, inconsistent/insufficient support from management.
Terrible Management
front office supervisor (Former Employee) –  east rutherfordSeptember 21, 2015
This company unfornately runs off of poor management. The Assistant General Manager has no clue how to work their PMS operating system. The Front Office Manager is lazy and shows favoritism. The training is awful and they are quick to blame you for not knowing certain information when time wasn't taken out for proper training. I would not recommend this company due to the low wages, pressure without the proper training, and the management is unprofessional with no since of knowledge of the hotel business.
Pros
Newly renovated hotel
Cons
Terrible management team
Productive & fun work environment
Applebee's Team Leader/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 8, 2015
Concord provided an amazing culture and working environment for all, company culture had a time knit feel that made everyone in the company, from management to directors to corporate support, approachable and engaging.
Pros
Fun environment, some quality benefits, customer driven
Cons
Expensive healthcare
The most enjoyable part of the job
Corporate Controller (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 7, 2015
Working with great hardworking people, keeping in mind the company cornerstones and always willing to go the extra mile for guest satisfacation.
stressful and not consistent
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 21, 2015
Never felt that I was trained enough before leaving me alone. Then when asked questions they were upset. Always felt like I was being set-up for failure. Never knew what to expect day to day from GM or AGM. Was told one thing one day and it would change the next day.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Never offered breaks, had to ask for breaks, schedule was never up on time, was honest about a personal issue, was used against me.
Sense of community
Guest Relations/Treasury Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2015
I felt that everyone had a sense of pride working for the company. Everyone in the office was enthusiastic and passionate about what they were doing.
Everything that glitters...
AGM (Former Employee) –  CharlotteMay 6, 2015
Company has great core values, but doesn't provide managers with tools to be successful. If you are a line level associate take the job great pay, and benefits. If you are a manger think twice they have great benefits, but ask about previous managers who held the position. If you talk to the staff you are likely to find a trend of frustrated people who were let go for various reasons, which weren't truly justified. Please know that they are a ownership group and a management company, I hear great things about being owned and managed by Concord, not my personal experience since my team was only managed by Concord.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, no support
Great company to work for and people to work with.
General Manager DoubleTree (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 8, 2015
Great company with fantastic leadership and associates. Additionally, best benefits and full of opportunities to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concord Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8