Concord Hospitality Employee Reviews in United States

Don't believe the hype!
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 26, 2016
I moved over to a Raleigh property managed by Concord with the thought it would be a great opportunity for advancement and growth being Concord is headquartered in Raleigh. The compensation was good, but on-property upper management was the issue. They delivered a lot of "lip-service" but were disingenuous. Middle management was held responsible for everything while upper management was hardly present, unavailable to accept accountability and just passed blame to others. Department managers not supported and used team member against department managers. From experience, I know this is a way of the "work-life" but it was more so apparent here than any other location I have been employed as a manager. Low morale was prevalent but they need to realize everything results from the top.
I would not recommend this organization to anyone in a middle-management role.
Pros
$2 lunch
Cons
lack of support, sincerity and accountability from upper mgmt
Stressful, overworked, and not rewarded
Front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 5, 2016
Expect you to work long hours everyday and did not offer breaks. The more you do the more they take advantage of. Do not reward with pay increase. Front desk manager was lazy did what she wanted. My time their wasn't all bad but hard to advance with the company they don't train or help you advance unless they like you.
Pros
Friendly guest and nice co workers
Cons
Short breaks, lazy manager
Are you serious
front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Savannah, GA has 2 properties from this company who are TERRIBLE. From petty, indecisive, deceitful management and supervisors to manipulation of positions. PLEASE DONT WORK HERE! IT WON'T BE LONG!
Exciting work enviroment
Manager/AGM/GM/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 6, 2015
Over ten years of employment, I held numerous positions throughout the years. I worked at 2 of there restaurants at once for 2 years. One restaurant I was the GM at the other I was a Service Manager.
It was a challenging time. The company gave me an opportunity to grow and learn all aspect of the restaurant business.
Pros
Challenged by new positions throughout my employment.
Cons
Numerous hours and weeks without days off.
Not a coincidence to keep seeing poor culture/mgmt reviews...
FOH Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 26, 2015
This was honestly my least favorite job of my entire life. Like many others, I was thrown into a leadership position with little to no training or mentoring from upper leadership. Management is all over the place and the turnover percentage is very high. Many staff members have worked there so long they are complacent in their low paying positions and/or refuse to adapt to changes; especially not without giving leadership complete heck about it. Save yourself the constant migraine, because the lack of accountability across the board left a lot to be desired. Departments blame other departments, employees deflect onto other staff members, etc. Communication was like speaking Japanese to someone who only speaks Italian. Pay was the only decent aspect for me.
Pros
Pay was not horrible.
Cons
Insane amount of long hours, work environment toxic and full of drama, inconsistent/insufficient support from management.
Terrible Management
front office supervisor (Former Employee) –  east rutherfordSeptember 21, 2015
This company unfornately runs off of poor management. The Assistant General Manager has no clue how to work their PMS operating system. The Front Office Manager is lazy and shows favoritism. The training is awful and they are quick to blame you for not knowing certain information when time wasn't taken out for proper training. I would not recommend this company due to the low wages, pressure without the proper training, and the management is unprofessional with no since of knowledge of the hotel business.
Pros
Newly renovated hotel
Cons
Terrible management team
Productive & fun work environment
Applebee's Team Leader/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 8, 2015
Concord provided an amazing culture and working environment for all, company culture had a time knit feel that made everyone in the company, from management to directors to corporate support, approachable and engaging.
Pros
Fun environment, some quality benefits, customer driven
Cons
Expensive healthcare
The most enjoyable part of the job
Corporate Controller (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 7, 2015
Working with great hardworking people, keeping in mind the company cornerstones and always willing to go the extra mile for guest satisfacation.
stressful and not consistent
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 21, 2015
Never felt that I was trained enough before leaving me alone. Then when asked questions they were upset. Always felt like I was being set-up for failure. Never knew what to expect day to day from GM or AGM. Was told one thing one day and it would change the next day.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Never offered breaks, had to ask for breaks, schedule was never up on time, was honest about a personal issue, was used against me.
Sense of community
Guest Relations/Treasury Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2015
I felt that everyone had a sense of pride working for the company. Everyone in the office was enthusiastic and passionate about what they were doing.
Everything that glitters...
AGM (Former Employee) –  CharlotteMay 6, 2015
Company has great core values, but doesn't provide managers with tools to be successful. If you are a line level associate take the job great pay, and benefits. If you are a manger think twice they have great benefits, but ask about previous managers who held the position. If you talk to the staff you are likely to find a trend of frustrated people who were let go for various reasons, which weren't truly justified. Please know that they are a ownership group and a management company, I hear great things about being owned and managed by Concord, not my personal experience since my team was only managed by Concord.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, no support
Great company to work for and people to work with.
General Manager DoubleTree (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 8, 2015
Great company with fantastic leadership and associates. Additionally, best benefits and full of opportunities to grow.
would not recommend. ...
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Altoona Pennsylvania.March 4, 2015
Worked for this company in Altoona Pa .........Management is the worst........Supervisors are all DRAMA.........all acted like teenage girls in a locker room.....Ran you ragged and as long as they could sit on there ..... they were fine.Never did anything for their staff.The more you did the more they expected without any thanks in return for a job well done.
Cons
everything you can think of.
Best Job I ever held
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2015
If i did not need to locate I would have stayed with this company forever, but i was locating to an area , where they did not hold a hotel. Best place ever worked. Everyone is laid back, but gets the job done!! Loved working for them, and plan to again soon!
Pros
great pay, benefits, 401k
Stressful work environment
Corporate associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Concord Hotels corporate is not a great place to work. It is a very stressful environment and management is condescending to associates.
I would not reccomend
former employee (Former Employee) –  DoubleTree Albuquerque,NMJanuary 24, 2015
Not everyone on the executive leadership team follows the same reporting lines so ultimately there is little accountability, just politics.
It is a parody to 1980's style corporate ladder climbing. Expect to hear the word team, don't expect its presence, though.
Great Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  RobinsonDecember 1, 2014
good company with plenty of opportunities in the Pittsburgh area. Competitive wages and areas for promotion and growth led to a hard-working team and overall great employees. Enjoyed my time with the company, but some things don't last forever.
The c ompensation is absolutely ridiculous.
Guest Host (Former Employee) –  Hyatt House North Hills Raleigh, NCNovember 22, 2014
Front Desk employees are doing the jobs of managers. Training is never completed, but results are expected. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Some managers are never even seen and which manager is responsible for what duties is never explained. The pay is way too low for the amount of responsibilities expected by Front Desk employees.
employees are decent but management is terrible.
food and beverage employee (Former Employee) –  Cambria suites Washington DcNovember 9, 2014
Hotel is new so the management is cycling out the folks who started it all and bringing in folks who they want in house now. Food and beverage is a disaster. .the director has no clue and all the employees are looking for other jobs... the one benefit is the pay is decent because your downtown. Break 1 rule and your fired....
Pros
higher the average wages
Cons
breaks...poor management..
Not equal oppotunity
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst NJNovember 6, 2014
Worked for this company for 7 years, went from engineer to Chief Engineer in that time. Had an excellent work record and also willing to go help out at other properties. Was also a very good manager as all employees would tell you. It came out that I had something back in 1989 that gave me a record. They fired me for something that was on my record over 20 years ago, they did not even consider the level of employee and manager I was. They did not want to hear anything I had to say, they had their mind made up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concord Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7