CONCORD MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Great experience. Mostly BAD, but...
Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 26, 2016
Loved the people I worked with onsite. No appreciation from upper management. Worst part is when you leave the company they don't pay your accrued and "earned" PTO hours. They rob you of all your earned PTO time and you lose it ALL. They also do not pay out any maintenance bonuses. Total rip off! Corporate Culture is greed and playing the blame game!
Pros
Strong friendships at property level.
Cons
Low pay, no incentives, hard work, terrible residents!
Overall good company
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee) –  Farmingville, NYDecember 22, 2015
There have been difficult times with the change over from Tax Credit to Market. As a team, both with the staff here at Vista Ridge as well as upper management, we have pulled through and worked together.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Selling the property
Overall, a company I enjoy working for.
Senior Community Director (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 15, 2015
Has been a great company to begin my career for. The ability to advance your career is the most significant aspect. Compensation has been competitive and fair.
Life Changing
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2016
I started working for Concord Management in 1997, never worked in that field and quickly learned the trade. I started as a leasing Consultant and worked my way up to Senior Community Director.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Great place to work with great people
Community Director (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 11, 2016
Learned everything about property management, training, leading, retaining residents. Loved the team environment
Informative, Productive, Busy, Interesting & Diverse
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 16, 2013
- Interesting, & busy; I learned something everyday.

-LIHTC & How to accommodate families from all walks of life & giving results based on indivdual qualifications, while providing the best customer service and respect possible.

- Management turnover was high (6 Different Managers within3yrs).

- Some co-workers were great team players like myself and some were just employees.

- Not being able to LEASE apartments due to No availability or No Vacant Ready Units.

_ Getting an Approval for Move-In and making sure that complete process was a success. It was such a pleasure knowing that I was able to assist with a transition in life for someone (1st time or a New beggining)
Pros
yearly leasing summits to enhance leasing skills; motivation to grow, build & increase revenue while helping the community.
Cons
salary and advancement
Not what you think
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 20, 2016
I was a service manager for a porperty that was a mess. Worked around the clock and wasnt paid, had to get the labor board and EEOC involved.
Fun-friendly environment
Club Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 22, 2015
Creating lesson plans, preparing snacks for the children, helping with homework and during activities with the children was a daily routine. I've learned how to be more organized, and management was okay. I was privileged of working with some of the best co-workers you'd imagine. The hardest part of my job was, dismissal of the children. It was times i had to stay longer than expected because parents were not on time when coming to pick of their children. What I enjoyed the most about my job is interacting and gaining relationships with the kids.
Pros
interaction with the children
Cons
not enough hours
Nice place to work.
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  leesburg FloridaMarch 1, 2016
Fun and productive work environment.We maintained a 126 unit apartment complex.Including servicing the units HVAC units.
Pros
Good training program
Cons
Potential for lay off if physically injured for more then a month.
I enjoyed my job with Concord and would still be there however the Company had budget cuts and my job was eliminated at the end of the year.
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 21, 2015
My typical day at work we started at 8AM the office opened at 9 AM, I would show apartments if there were any available, enter work orders, set up and take down our Morning Coffee Pots , set up resident activities, Movie, Tea Time Afternoon Coffee. Bingo I still call for the Bingo Games, because I still live here. I learned a lot about Seniors, how they have a lot of concerns and they only want someone to listen to them. Concord is based out of Florida so we hardly saw the owner's. I got along fine with my co-worker's, the hardest part of the job would have to be when a resident passed way which is common in this type of Housing .The most enjoyable part of the job was having people say how much they enjoyed living here, also did lease renewals on a monthly basis.
Pros
401K, PTO, Bonus Program, Health Insurance, Rental Discount for living on Premises
Cons
Having my position cut down and then eliminated completley.
Nice
Floating Service Manager/Cable Auditor (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FL 32751February 4, 2016
Very nice place to work I was very sad to leave them, they were a strong company going great places, would love to have another opportunity with them, I highly recommend then as a place of work or living arrangement.
very good
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 29, 2015
Concord is a great company to work with if you want a steady job, good benefits and management is always open to help in any way
Fast paced and productive
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 1, 2013
Analyze market conditions, occupancy trends, competitive pricing and product in order to make recommendations for adjusting market rents, renewal rates and retention programs, and leasing incentives.
Monitor compliance of LIHTC program.
Reviewing and analyzing the monthly operating reports with the idea of increasing income and reducing expenses.
Interact with senior management in budget concerns and development.
Make recommendations to management for alterations to or reconditioning of community property as needed to maintain high quality appearance, curb appeal, and product.
Responsible for all phases of property operations.
Negotiating contracts with contractors and other service providers.
Review monthly financial statements and create variance reports.
Hire, mentor, train, and motivate employees, creating 100% employee retention.
Great Resident, exciting
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIDecember 31, 2012
Concord Management is tax credit apartment rental company. My typical day at work consisted of greeting perspective residents. Touring apartments, answering phones, posting rental payments, resolving resident concerns, event planning, community outreach, market surveying,

I learn how that every perspective resident is looking for a home, and everything that I do from the greeting to the close is what determine if they lease with us or elsewhere. I only have one shot to give the experience that Concord is your new home.

Being unable to meet every clients expectations is the hardest part of the job. I learned that every individual has their own idea of what "home" is. And trying to meet those expectations are not always possible. But you still try anyway.

My most enjoyable part of the job meeting new people and being able to retain residents year after year because they feel at home.
Pros
great co-worker and bonuses
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancements
apartment leasing
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 21, 2016
great company they give you extensive training .
properties are beautiful. staff is great.
great bonuses. highly recommended.main office in Orlando.
Nice place to work
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2014
Monday-Friday with no weekends. Co workers are nice. Upper management intimidated by knowledgeable employees.
Pros
benefits, hours, co workers
Cons
advancement opportunities
Strong team environment.
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJune 6, 2012
Although team building is as asset with a company and their employees, Concord also uses it as a tool to promote team destruction. Concord promotes that their employees tattle on each other and are rewarded (promotion) for it. This "team"building will ultimately bring down a strong team when tattlers are promoted.
Pros
good employees company benefits.
Cons
promotion by tattling.
Great Corporation to work for
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 16, 2014
The days are always full. Never a dull moment. I enjoy driving the prospects who are looking for an apartment to the model home and explaining why this community is such a great place to live.
I have learned a lot about myself and what i am capable of doing.
I've learned how to be more proactive and confident in my skills and self worth.
Most of my co-workers keep the job fun and interesting.
The hardest part of my job would be the work load in general.
Pros
great benefits, able to go outside and get out of the office environment to market or shop for office supplys
Cons
tax credit property. hard to find qualified applicants.
nice place to work
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
i had the best time with concord management we had a lot of fun we went to trips christmas parties we got bonuses it was a really nice place to work i miss that...
Fast paste work, customer service oriented, team work!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2014
• Managing Staff (Leasing staff & Maintenance staff)
• Collecting Rent
• Bank deposit
• Responsible for Managing the Budget/Maintaining Records
• Maintenance Requests
• Building Safety
• Preparing rental applications forms,
• Conducting interviews with applicants by phone, face to face and through the internet
• Verifying credit, criminal background, rental reference, job verification, references, etc.
• Handling Leases
• Handling Complaints/Emergencies
• Handling move in & out
• Resolving landlord tenant disputes by legal means and process evictions.
Pros
great benefits, growth opportunity, great trainings
Cons
none!