Concord University

Concord University Employee Reviews

A wonderful work environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Athens, WVMay 15, 2015
Pros: Doesn't detract greatly from studying time
Cons: Unemployed during school breaks
Concord is a wonderful environment to work while getting a top-notch education. There are a great variety of jobs for student workers.
Friendly work enviroment
Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Athens, WVMay 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, positive environment to work in
Concord University is a friendly work environment, where I have experienced both slow and fast traffic, where I had to exercise a friendly, open nature, organizational skills, and multi-tasking. My bosses were very friendly, flexible, and helpful.
Working on Campus is as you'd expect.
Teaching/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, WVAugust 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, very casual
I worked as a tutor, in catering, as a dishwasher, and as a teaching assistant in the introductory biology labs in my years at Concord. No complaints against any of the professors I worked with or the tasks I was given. Living on campus and working with labs and faculty within the department of your major made everything for scheduling and transportation, etc. etc. very easy, very cheap. Any difficulties only came from the occasional issue with the students you were there to help, as you'd expect. For the most part, it was pleasant to work with the students and always pleasant working with the professor. The job was part-time minimum wage, thus no benefits and no real advancement. This is a job you take for a little extra money and that fits in your schedule, and for the sake of experience.
Sometimes stressful, but enlightening
Various Positions (Current Employee), Athens, WVMay 25, 2014
Although guests were sometimes stubborn and did not want to follow rules, I enjoyed having the opportunity to practice my supervision skills, and the difficulty gave me the opportunity to learn how to deal with difficult guests. It gave me a better understanding of how to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude no matter how the guest was acting.
Easy Job
Carter Center Gym Manager (Former Employee), Athens, WVApril 28, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: none!!
Easy work, don't have to do much. I love sports, so working at the school gym was pretty dope!
Great people, slow pace of work
Assistant to Director of Special Events (Current Employee), Athens, WVMarch 27, 2014
The campus and community is filled with wonderful people and beautiful mountains! Not much else.
This was workstudy.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, WVNovember 7, 2013
So, I don't really count is as a job that needs reviewed. However, since I have to, this job was super fun. Your pay was based on how much financial aid you got, though, so no one wants to get that job as something to pay the bills.
I met some great people though.
Excellent
Professor Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, WVFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: great professors
Productive and professional atmosphere, excellent learning potential and available training opportunities
Great to have while in college...
Workstudy (Former Employee), Athens, WVSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: does provide some income while in college...
Cons: minimum wage pay, part time hours
Federal workstudy is a blessing to college students who don't have a lot of spare time to drive to and from a workplace; Especially those who are student athletes. I spent many weekends at track meets all over the eastern US and didn't have the time to commit to a 'job'...
Fun and caring
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Athens, WVJune 5, 2012
Pros: everything you need within walking distance
Cons: as a ga money is very tight
Always someone to talk to. People are very outgoing and really try to look out for each other. As a GA coach lots of side jobs but nothing no one can't manage. School work demands dedicated time and lots of papers.
Working as a student assistant at Concord allowed me to improve my computer skills, intrapersonal skills, and allowed me to see great leadership.
Student Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Athens, WVMay 16, 2012
I worked for the coaching staff at Concord as a student assistant. In doing so, I was able to improve my computer skills, my intrapersonal skills and I constantly interacted with many people daily, and gave me great leadership qualities to observe which I look forward to being able to practice. It was an overall very humbling experience.