Concord University Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed and enjoyable work environment
Work Study Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVJune 16, 2016
A typical day included retrieving mail from Athen's Post Office, sorting, metering incoming mail from campus, and package pickup/dropoff. I learn how to meter and process mail and packages. The management was wonderful, told us what we needed to do but was willing to help if/when problems occurred with a patient attitude. Co-workers were a pleasure to be around and interact with. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the prices and codes for particular packages, especially when there were several people in line. The people were the most enjoyable part.
Pros
People
Cons
Holiday's were very hectic and overwhelming.
Great School
Game Room Attendant and Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 3, 2016
It could be difficult to juggle school and work but the people I worked with was easy to get along with and would help if I asked.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Upward Bound Director (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVNovember 24, 2015
I loved working with the students and giving them hope to try and encourage them to continue their education. We gave the students counseling, guidance, and help with tutoring and retention programs to help them become successful.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
low salary
I was employed at the University while obtaining my Bachelors of Science degree, and I enjoyed the overall environment.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVAugust 25, 2015
On a typical day at work, I would begin by coming into the lab and recording my name, date, and time in the community research lab notebook that I shared among my peers and professor in charge of the research project. I would then read over the notes left by my peers since my last shift, and contemplate/ interpret their data and progress. I would then begin my tasks for the day, which were discussed and finalized with my professor prior to beginning my work during meetings where we all interpreted previous data to decide our next best course of action. I would begin the reactions, record all relevant data/observations, collect the end samples, and use various instrumentation/ technology to analyze the collected samples. I would then print/record all data collected from the day and staple a copy into the community lab notebook to keep the rest of the group informed. At the end of our research project, my colleague and I created a research poster (that was reviewed and approved by our lead professor) and presented our findings during a professional poster session.
Wonderful place to work
Switch bord operator (Current Employee) –  Athens WVJune 23, 2015
Concord University provided a wonderful work experience during my undergraduate career. The hours were great and very flexible, my boss was very understanding of my academic career.
A wonderful work environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 15, 2015
Concord is a wonderful environment to work while getting a top-notch education. There are a great variety of jobs for student workers.
Pros
Doesn't detract greatly from studying time
Cons
Unemployed during school breaks
Friendly work enviroment
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 2, 2015
Concord University is a friendly work environment, where I have experienced both slow and fast traffic, where I had to exercise a friendly, open nature, organizational skills, and multi-tasking. My bosses were very friendly, flexible, and helpful.
Pros
flexible hours, positive environment to work in
Working on Campus is as you'd expect.
Teaching/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVAugust 8, 2014
I worked as a tutor, in catering, as a dishwasher, and as a teaching assistant in the introductory biology labs in my years at Concord. No complaints against any of the professors I worked with or the tasks I was given. Living on campus and working with labs and faculty within the department of your major made everything for scheduling and transportation, etc. etc. very easy, very cheap. Any difficulties only came from the occasional issue with the students you were there to help, as you'd expect. For the most part, it was pleasant to work with the students and always pleasant working with the professor. The job was part-time minimum wage, thus no benefits and no real advancement. This is a job you take for a little extra money and that fits in your schedule, and for the sake of experience.
Pros
flexible schedule, very casual
Sometimes stressful, but enlightening
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 25, 2014
Although guests were sometimes stubborn and did not want to follow rules, I enjoyed having the opportunity to practice my supervision skills, and the difficulty gave me the opportunity to learn how to deal with difficult guests. It gave me a better understanding of how to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude no matter how the guest was acting.
Easy Job
Carter Center Gym Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVApril 28, 2014
Easy work, don't have to do much. I love sports, so working at the school gym was pretty dope!
Pros
great staff
Cons
none!!
Great people, slow pace of work
Assistant to Director of Special Events (Current Employee) –  Athens, WVMarch 27, 2014
The campus and community is filled with wonderful people and beautiful mountains! Not much else.
This was workstudy.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVNovember 7, 2013
So, I don't really count is as a job that needs reviewed. However, since I have to, this job was super fun. Your pay was based on how much financial aid you got, though, so no one wants to get that job as something to pay the bills.
I met some great people though.
Excellent
Professor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVFebruary 8, 2013
Productive and professional atmosphere, excellent learning potential and available training opportunities
Pros
great professors
Great to have while in college...
Workstudy (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVSeptember 23, 2012
Federal workstudy is a blessing to college students who don't have a lot of spare time to drive to and from a workplace; Especially those who are student athletes. I spent many weekends at track meets all over the eastern US and didn't have the time to commit to a 'job'...
Pros
does provide some income while in college...
Cons
minimum wage pay, part time hours
Fun and caring
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVJune 5, 2012
Always someone to talk to. People are very outgoing and really try to look out for each other. As a GA coach lots of side jobs but nothing no one can't manage. School work demands dedicated time and lots of papers.
Pros
everything you need within walking distance
Cons
as a ga money is very tight
Working as a student assistant at Concord allowed me to improve my computer skills, intrapersonal skills, and allowed me to see great leadership.
Student Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 16, 2012
I worked for the coaching staff at Concord as a student assistant. In doing so, I was able to improve my computer skills, my intrapersonal skills and I constantly interacted with many people daily, and gave me great leadership qualities to observe which I look forward to being able to practice. It was an overall very humbling experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concord University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6