Concord University

Concord University Employer Reviews

Sometimes stressful, but enlightening
Various Positions (Current Employee), Athens, WVMay 25, 2014
Although guests were sometimes stubborn and did not want to follow rules, I enjoyed having the opportunity to practice my supervision skills, and the difficulty gave me the opportunity to learn how to deal with difficult guests. It gave me a better understanding of how to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude no matter how the guest was acting.
Easy Job
Carter Center Gym Manager (Former Employee), Athens, WVApril 28, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: none!!
Easy work, don't have to do much. I love sports, so working at the school gym was pretty dope!
Great people, slow pace of work
Assistant to Director of Special Events (Current Employee), Athens, WVMarch 27, 2014
The campus and community is filled with wonderful people and beautiful mountains! Not much else.
This was workstudy.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, WVNovember 7, 2013
So, I don't really count is as a job that needs reviewed. However, since I have to, this job was super fun. Your pay was based on how much financial aid you got, though, so no one wants to get that job as something to pay the bills.
I met some great people though.
Excellent
Professor Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, WVFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: great professors
Productive and professional atmosphere, excellent learning potential and available training opportunities
Great to have while in college...
Workstudy (Former Employee), Athens, WVSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: does provide some income while in college...
Cons: minimum wage pay, part time hours
Federal workstudy is a blessing to college students who don't have a lot of spare time to drive to and from a workplace; Especially those who are student athletes. I spent many weekends at track meets all over the eastern US and didn't have the time to commit to a 'job'...
Fun and caring
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Athens, WVJune 5, 2012
Pros: everything you need within walking distance
Cons: as a ga money is very tight
Always someone to talk to. People are very outgoing and really try to look out for each other. As a GA coach lots of side jobs but nothing no one can't manage. School work demands dedicated time and lots of papers.
Working as a student assistant at Concord allowed me to improve my computer skills, intrapersonal skills, and allowed me to see great leadership.
Student Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Athens, WVMay 16, 2012
I worked for the coaching staff at Concord as a student assistant. In doing so, I was able to improve my computer skills, my intrapersonal skills and I constantly interacted with many people daily, and gave me great leadership qualities to observe which I look forward to being able to practice. It was an overall very humbling experience.