Concord University Employee Reviews

takes a lot of time management
GRIP mentor (Current Employee) –  Athens, WVApril 3, 2017
tutoring job, just made meetings with students in between classes, the job itself is only for studet athletes to help other student athletes. helped them to figure out time management on their own
Excellent Education system
Student Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVMarch 29, 2017
Concord was an excellent place of employment during my tenure as an undergraduate student. I was given several great opportunities to earn money and gain experience while taking classes.
Productive and fun workplace
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVDecember 21, 2016
Learned very much about professionalism and positive experiences as a graphic designer. Everyday there was a list of projects that needed to get done and when to complete them by. I learned time management. Very fun workplace and co workers were very welcoming.
Pros
Positive work environment
Great Place
Worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, WVNovember 29, 2016
Concord is a great place to work at and a joy. It has great people and friends. I love working at Concord. The school is located in the hills of WV.
Pros
Great school
Cons
Small Town
I loved working at the university.
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVNovember 3, 2016
Working at Concord was great. I was sad when it came time for me to move on. My bosses were kind and understanding. I loved the job, my co-workers, and the overall atmosphere.
Easy College Job
Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVOctober 19, 2016
During the typical work day, a number of potential students were called and given the opportunity to inquire about the college as well as the degrees the college offered.
great place
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVJuly 13, 2016
Raked leaves, cut and watered grass and picked up garbage to maintain grounds. Wet mopped and spot mopped public corridors, washrooms and classrooms. Dusted furniture, walls, machines and equipment. Notified building managers about needed repairs and replacement equipment. Cleaned public restrooms, including scrubbing sinks, toilets, countertops and mirrors. Cleaned break rooms, including sinks, countertops, microwaves, coffeemakers, refrigerators, tables and chairs. Maintained all janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition. Operated janitorial equipment properly and safely. Traveled to and from work sites in a timely manner.
cool place
Office Assistant Aide (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 23, 2016
This was a cool place to work. I didn't have to sit in the office all day and answer phones. they do a lot of volunteer things for the community.
Relaxed and enjoyable work environment
Work Study Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVJune 16, 2016
A typical day included retrieving mail from Athen's Post Office, sorting, metering incoming mail from campus, and package pickup/dropoff. I learn how to meter and process mail and packages. The management was wonderful, told us what we needed to do but was willing to help if/when problems occurred with a patient attitude. Co-workers were a pleasure to be around and interact with. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the prices and codes for particular packages, especially when there were several people in line. The people were the most enjoyable part.
Pros
People
Cons
Holiday's were very hectic and overwhelming.
Great School
Game Room Attendant and Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 3, 2016
It could be difficult to juggle school and work but the people I worked with was easy to get along with and would help if I asked.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Upward Bound Director (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVNovember 24, 2015
I loved working with the students and giving them hope to try and encourage them to continue their education. We gave the students counseling, guidance, and help with tutoring and retention programs to help them become successful.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
low salary
I was employed at the University while obtaining my Bachelors of Science degree, and I enjoyed the overall environment.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVAugust 25, 2015
On a typical day at work, I would begin by coming into the lab and recording my name, date, and time in the community research lab notebook that I shared among my peers and professor in charge of the research project. I would then read over the notes left by my peers since my last shift, and contemplate/ interpret their data and progress. I would then begin my tasks for the day, which were discussed and finalized with my professor prior to beginning my work during meetings where we all interpreted previous data to decide our next best course of action. I would begin the reactions, record all relevant data/observations, collect the end samples, and use various instrumentation/ technology to analyze the collected samples. I would then print/record all data collected from the day and staple a copy into the community lab notebook to keep the rest of the group informed. At the end of our research project, my colleague and I created a research poster (that was reviewed and approved by our lead professor) and presented our findings during a professional poster session.
Wonderful place to work
Switch bord operator (Current Employee) –  Athens WVJune 23, 2015
Concord University provided a wonderful work experience during my undergraduate career. The hours were great and very flexible, my boss was very understanding of my academic career.
A wonderful work environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 15, 2015
Concord is a wonderful environment to work while getting a top-notch education. There are a great variety of jobs for student workers.
Pros
Doesn't detract greatly from studying time
Cons
Unemployed during school breaks
Friendly work enviroment
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 2, 2015
Concord University is a friendly work environment, where I have experienced both slow and fast traffic, where I had to exercise a friendly, open nature, organizational skills, and multi-tasking. My bosses were very friendly, flexible, and helpful.
Pros
flexible hours, positive environment to work in
Working on Campus is as you'd expect.
Teaching/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVAugust 8, 2014
I worked as a tutor, in catering, as a dishwasher, and as a teaching assistant in the introductory biology labs in my years at Concord. No complaints against any of the professors I worked with or the tasks I was given. Living on campus and working with labs and faculty within the department of your major made everything for scheduling and transportation, etc. etc. very easy, very cheap. Any difficulties only came from the occasional issue with the students you were there to help, as you'd expect. For the most part, it was pleasant to work with the students and always pleasant working with the professor. The job was part-time minimum wage, thus no benefits and no real advancement. This is a job you take for a little extra money and that fits in your schedule, and for the sake of experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Very Casual
Sometimes stressful, but enlightening
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Athens, WVMay 25, 2014
Although guests were sometimes stubborn and did not want to follow rules, I enjoyed having the opportunity to practice my supervision skills, and the difficulty gave me the opportunity to learn how to deal with difficult guests. It gave me a better understanding of how to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude no matter how the guest was acting.
Easy Job
Carter Center Gym Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVApril 28, 2014
Easy work, don't have to do much. I love sports, so working at the school gym was pretty dope!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
None!!
Great people, slow pace of work
Assistant to Director of Special Events (Current Employee) –  Athens, WVMarch 27, 2014
The campus and community is filled with wonderful people and beautiful mountains! Not much else.
This was workstudy.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, WVNovember 7, 2013
So, I don't really count is as a job that needs reviewed. However, since I have to, this job was super fun. Your pay was based on how much financial aid you got, though, so no one wants to get that job as something to pay the bills.
I met some great people though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concord University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6