Concorde Career College Employee Reviews

student
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2017
I was a student at Concorde and the faculty and teachers are all great. It is a very good place to learn and a great place for hands on training to further your knowledge.
Great coworkers
Dental Hygiene Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
The hardest part is the drive to get there and during the term breaks I don't have much to work on for my position. Had to find temp work elsewhere those weeks.

Love my coworkers!
Pros
vacation, sick days as a part-time employee
Cons
my drive
Kindness goes along way
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 4, 2017
I know some of the people here from other schools and some I just met. These folks here are Kind. They are kind to their employees and to the students. I have never been in an environment where so many people work together for the betterment. I so happy to be working here. The transparency of what we do everyday is out here. We work hard as a team. Not just in our own dept. but thru out all the departments. I believe I have been re planted when I arrived here. The school is so amazing with the students. They always come up with special events to let the students know how much we appreciate that they chose CONCORDE. It is truly an amazing College and a great place to work.
Pros
Cheery and great environment
Cons
When you can't help a student because of past obligations
Enjoyable
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 19, 2017
I've only been there 6 months now but I really enjoy working there. I'm at the front desk so I see a lot hear a lot do a lot. This is my first job in 20 years where it's a Monday through Friday off at 5. Wouldn't want it any other way. I hope that I am staying there for a long time. I really enjoy working there great people great atmosphere.
Work hard but pay attention
Student Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2017
It was a roller coaster of a ride. The turnover rate for management is absurd which made it difficult to get things organized and keep plans in motion. However, if you are willing to wade in the waters for awhile, you can reap the benefits. There are always people on your side if your willing to put in the effort.

As an educational institution it has a lot of pros. Being strictly a school focused in the medical fields, I believe, has saved this institution's life over the years. The students who overcome their obstacles and push past the struggle of being in an accelerated program go on to have fulfilling, life long careers helping others. This is what made it worth it going to work every day.

Training needs to be improved overall and hiring needs to take more time.
Pros
Great co-workers, and Pay if you fight for it
Cons
Turnover rate and training
Trade school
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2017
This school helped me with my hands on training before even sending off into the field. The teachers experiences in the field helped prepare me for the offices and the doctors to come.
its cutthroat
Assistant Director/Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 8, 2017
manager with no experience, hearsay, gossip environment. teachers allow students to pass and they are not teaching, low standards. ANY one can be admitted, and they want you to pass everyone.
Pros
nice immediate manager
Cons
turn over, long hours to work
Wonderful place to grow as a professional
Medical Assistant Program Professor (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 29, 2017
I enjoy working at Concorde because it affords me the opportunity to grow intellectually at what I have been doing for the past 14 years as a professional. I believe that I will be a better patient healthcare worker because of my experience teaching others the concepts necessary to do their job well. A typical day is interacting with eager students who want to enter the healthcare industry. Management is extremely supportive and does a excellent job balancing the team's dynamics. The hardest part of the job is to get along with some of the other instructors however please understand that even this is not truly HARD. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the difference I make in the student's experience at Concorde and in their future.
Pros
Great experiences and opportunity for growth
Cons
Pay should be competitive to other colleges
Concorde
Medial Assistant Instructor/Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2017
Enjoyed my employment at Concorde Career College. Enjoyed working with students and helping them to achieve their career goals by obtaining employment in their selected field.
not for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS 38671October 5, 2017
Not a good work environment. Co-workers were great but management was sub-par.
Hours were changed, as well as my supervisor after starting position. Very little training but constant demands to achieve results.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
No a good place to be !!
LVN Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Just don't work there. The employees at this job are incredible and i loved teaching the students but, the moral is very low and the administration doesn't make you feel appreciated.
Fun place to work
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2017
Relaxed work environment with a work culture that promotes learning. Hardest part of the job is seeing some students lack desire to learn. Management changes four times in the time I was with the college.
good
Clinical Nursing Instructor part time position (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 23, 2017
It is a competitive place to work and a relaxed environment with able to be autonimous in the working environment .I enjoy working with the students and helping them become a great nurse.I enjoy the clinical facilities which Concorde utilizes.
Pros
working autonimously
Cons
unable to get lunch at times
Productive and fun
Clinic Coordinator, front office (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2017
I love it!!!! Everyone was great... had to leave because we moved out of state.
I always enjoyed wirking with the hygiene students.
We had meetings, they where fun and informative.
Pros
Staff was awsome
Stress
Financial Aid Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
the problem with Concorde was that we have had for the last two years student population 450 for only 3 in the FA department, every
day was stressful, could hardly ever have lunch ,for me I was always behind on packaging new students, repacks, re-enters, the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the students helping them
with their FA
Pros
working with students
Cons
no, breaks late nights
Instructor for the AAMA Medical Assistant
Instructor-Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2017
It was an amazing place to work until management completely shifted and it has not been the same. I do not see it going well for this company work forward. I am nervous about the security of the field as well.
Pros
The students are amazing.
Cons
Management and Program Director
would not like to review
Instructor of Respiratory Therapy (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 3, 2017
I would not like to review this company since it has been more than 5 years since I worked there. I had a pleasant experience. Coworkers very helpful.
Always challenges to meet quoatas
Medical Extern Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 30, 2017
Challenging but rewarding, always helping students make a difference in their lives. Always looking forward to see students graduate and more when they would get a job.
Great place and people to work for.
Academic Affairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 27, 2017
The school really cares about the work environment and the students. The wages are competitive but raises were not given every year. I would recommend Concorde as a workplace and as a school.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Raises not given
no career advancement
Instructor of Anatomy and Physiology (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2017
The college is nice to work at, but I cannot get hired full-time and get health insurance and benefits. The faculty and staff are great, but you have to deal with a lot of childish behavior from the students, all of whom are adults.
Pros
fun staff
Cons
students can be problemsome