Concorde Career College Employee Reviews

Great place if you only need money
Peon (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day is similar to watching reality TV - drama, cliques, incompetence, caddy women. It is high school again.

You will learn why you should work someplace else. You will see how not to act in an administrative/teaching position.

Management is the worst. Student success means changing grades, passing incompetent students, making exceptions for students who they like, and bleeding poor students for money.

Co-workers were scared to stand up for themselves or their students, because they do not want to rock the boat or get fired.

The hardest part was passing students who should not work in medicine and failing those who the Academic Dean does not like.

The most enjoyable part of the job was payday. They pay very well to keep employees, which is why I am still stuck here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place Management.
Library Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Unfortunately my boss was insane and had a long list of complaints about her. There was no policy for harassment. Because of my great experience, nothing was to hard. I was happiest when I was working with the students
Co workers were great, I loved helping them with their research needs also.
Pros
lunch store on property.
Not a social enviroment
Re-Entry Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2015
The management staff was not easy to work with. I enjoyed working with the students and helping them get back into school.
Stable, but no growth
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CANovember 2, 2015
For profit organization; therefore, customer service is a priority.
Poor work/ life balance.
Management is not very involved in educational department.

Respectful environment.
Unorgnized
CAMPUS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  MISSION, KSOctober 14, 2015
my department was not organized. it could have been more put together and structured. there was no guideline or anything to follow.
A nice place to go to school. Staff was great.
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 14, 2015
School was fun and I really enjoyed my time there. A very high energy place. The staff was more than willing to help when ever needed.
Orthodontic Technician
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 9, 2015
Actively assist the orthodontist with treatment by preparing teeth for the placement of brackets and bands, prepared and secured orthodontic wires.Educated patients on oral hygiene and appliance care while motivating patients to achieve the best results from orthodontic treatment for enhanced self-esteem and beautiful smiles
No Loyalty to there Long Term Successful Employees
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAOctober 5, 2015
Over All my experience at Concorde was ok, I never had an issue till new management changed and my experience after that was a bit traumatizing. Although I was top Employee (Performance) I did not feel secure about my job there. I know it is time for change
Fun environment and Friendly employees
Receptionist/Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 28, 2015
A typical day is extremely busy and stressful. Friendly and Fun environment. The hardest part of my job is staying on top of all the students and making sure we have all paperwork to properly enroll.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Stressful
Love the people.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 27, 2015
Home Office Management not so hot. I enjoyed coming to work everyday but the people at the very top need to get it together.

Want to know more about Concorde Career College?

Ask a question
Great place, very Professional
Student Intake (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 17, 2015
A great place to work, good benefits, nice people. You are expected to do your job. Always kept clean. Amazing people to work with. Treats for staff once a month. good places to eat near by.
Loved opening minds via educatio
RN Instructor & PCT Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2015
Arrived at 7AM left anywhere from 7PM to 11PM. Supervised curriculum, staff and students. Numerous reports, staffing and supply ordering were part of the position.
Learned how to appreciate the hard work of students.
Loved the Academic Dean who was my superior.
Had wonderful co-workers- a lot of fun.
The 2 hr commute
My statistics for my dept. Had the largest dept
Pros
Satisfaction of a job well done
Cons
can't think of any
Schooling
Medical Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 11, 2015
This was the school I went to in order to obtain Medical Assisting skills. After attending for 7 months, I interned at a drug testing facility in order to gather experience in a working environment.
Academic deamn
Academic Dean (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 30, 2015
Review all commutations and respond
-Address any student/ staff issues
-Morning rounds to al the class rooms
-Review attendance and attrition
-Daily stand up meeting with all directors
-Review budget and spending Review
-Review compliance with all policies and regulations
-Meet with other campus managers for other department to review -daily status of their department outcomes and concerns
-Review department and campus calendar and revise if needed.
-I enjoy working with the students and seeing them succeed
The hardest part of the job is you have to inform a student they are being with drawn from school because of academic failure. I want to see every student succeed
Pros
Healthcare 401K
Cons
long commute
Was ok the first couple of years
Associate Academic Dean (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2015
Was ok to work the first couple of years until they turned their focus to the money (for profit) aspect of the business instead of focusing on students (Education).
Professional, Positive, Enjoyable experience
Student (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 14, 2015
Typically the day began in the classroom with lecture or a type of presentation, either by the student themselves or by an instructor.
Through my time there, I learned many different subjects such as anatomy, pathology, instrumentation, aseptic techniques, OR operations, and in my externship at a clinical site, actual procedures.
My instructors and fellow students were some of the closest people to me while attending school. Some of us are still quite close and continue to look out for each other.
The most difficult part of the experience, from my perspective, was the faster pace of instruction. It was an incredible amount of effort in order to do well and absorb the subject matter, not only due to the distance between home and classes, but the volume of information and study expected in order to become proficient and excel in this field. That being said, that was also one of the more enjoyable aspects as well. Watching both my fellow students as we as myself growing and expanding our knowledge was reward in itself.
Pros
Good facilities, Good Instruction, Good clinical sites
Cons
Student services late on returning calls
awesome
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie TexasJune 22, 2015
awesome school for career advancement. I feel very confident of my skills set. My goals have been met beyond my dreams and I know I will be a prudent nurse going forward.
Beware of favoritism
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2015
Very underpaid for committing to a role, which disguises another role underneath. You will be exhausted and overworked with not enough compensation.
Pros
Free lunches once monthly
Cons
Low compensation
a great place to work with great administration
Program Director (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 17, 2015
as a director for respiratory therapy at concorde, i have had great interaction among the staff, the associates that report to me, and among the other directors. it is a truely fantastic place to be.
Medical Coding and Billing Specialist Instructor
Instructor Medical Coding and Billing Program (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2015
This was a very exciting and rewarding position. I provided students the tools they needed to graduate and go out into the medical field and be successful. I learned that everyone learns a different was and finding the middle so that everyone was on the same page is do-able. My manager was very encouraging and stayed on top of lesson plan changes and how I was doing and if I wanted to provide any input on the program. My co-workers were very hard working and we depended on each other when we had questions or needed support in a difficult situation. The hardest part of my job was knowing what environment my students came from wasn't the best of circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching each student excel and become confident in their chosen professional path
Pros
watching the students become confident professionals