Concorde Career College Employee Reviews

no loyalty to staff by management
Instructor of an accredited RDA program (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 1, 2016
after 18 yrs. let go for a minor, corrected error. If they can save a buck and hire fresh for less then that is what they do.
Numbers are very important and no matter what , directors will work over as needed (Salary )
Pros
Quality of program material
Cons
No loyalty to Staff
Too much tuition!
Radiologic Technology Program Director (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 3, 2016
Worked hard with great people. The company, unfortunately, was more set on making money than they were about educating the students.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Too high of a tuition
Great company
Sr. FA Advisor/Veteran Affairs Certifying Official (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2016
Enjoy working with my co-workers and service my students with their Financial Aid and Veteran Affairs Benefits. We process all Federal Funding to cover our students tuition along with certifying Veteran Affairs benefits.
An enjoyble place to work
Medical Assistant Teacher and Program Director (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 31, 2016
I loved my job at ConCorde. I so looked forward to teaching my students everyday. A typical day was first to teach my lecture of the human anatomy and then switch to our clinical's which included injections, blood draws, EKG's, Labs, etc.

I learned a great deal about my students. I believe you need to know your students if you're going to teach them something as not all learn the same. I helped many of them through the book work which was the most difficult for many, and the scary part of blood draws and injections.

Management was fantastic. They worked with us to make our classes more adaptable for our students. They were never afraid (although squeamish) to be practiced on for blood draws or injections. Always made sure we had the supplies necessary to teach our classes.

Co-workers were the easiest to work with and we would always plan together.

The most difficult part of the job was learning budgets and ordering, when I was offered the Program Director's job. It was something that I had never been exposed to especially budgets, but I learn quickly and management was a wonderful teacher.

The best part of this position was everything. I loved my job, so why did I leave you're wondering? My husband fell very ill and I needed more money. They could not match what I needed.

The hardest part of my job...was having to leave.
Pros
Great staff, great place to work
Cons
Salary was very poor
Fair
LVN Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 6, 2017
This employer was unable to keep quality instructors well educated employees. There was an LVN working in a LVN program as an instructor. Wasn't able to get and keep clinical sites.
Pros
Passing rate did improve greatly
Cons
Not enough acute care facilities for clinicals
Poor Management, benefits, and devalues employees
Instructor- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2015
I worked for Concorde for over 6 1/2 years and in the beginning it was a decent place to work until it was sold. After that point, raises became a joke, benefits over time cut, huge turnover in management and to top it off, the students attendance, grades and surveys affect whether you keep your job and raises.

The only decent thing going for them is once in a while they might give you a kudos with a snack. :)

Oh, and you are required to attend the graduation ceremonies, which they moved to Saturday's so be prepared to attend since it is Mandatory!
Pros
Yearly birthday card
Cons
No breaks, 1/2 hour lunches, no holiday bonuses or gifts or cards, sporadic raises
Academic deamn
Academic Dean (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 30, 2015
Review all commutations and respond
-Address any student/ staff issues
-Morning rounds to al the class rooms
-Review attendance and attrition
-Daily stand up meeting with all directors
-Review budget and spending Review
-Review compliance with all policies and regulations
-Meet with other campus managers for other department to review -daily status of their department outcomes and concerns
-Review department and campus calendar and revise if needed.
-I enjoy working with the students and seeing them succeed
The hardest part of the job is you have to inform a student they are being with drawn from school because of academic failure. I want to see every student succeed
Pros
Healthcare 401K
Cons
long commute
Sressful environment for employees due to administrative heads
Medical Office Professional Instructor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2017
A typical day at Concorde is very stressful for the instructors because you are given tasks to do even though you are in the class 7 hours out of the work day. They do tell the instructors not to work overtime but they expect you to do impossible task within the work day. They also try to intimidate you into working of the clock when it is beneficial to them. For example, the administration wants you to come in maybe 20 minutes before class without pay or cut you lunch hour short to be in an afternoon class. You are suppose to get a 1 hour prep time for class daily; but most of time you don't get it or you will not get the full hour. This prep time is suppose to be for educating two 4.5 hours of class time with a quantity of 35 to 40 students (My morning class has consisted of 31-32 students and the afternoon class has consisted of 16 students) So at some point during my tenure at Concorde, I had 40 students to prepare for classwork and homework. The workplace culture is very political. If you don't fit in the "group", you become a target by the campus president and all other administrative heads. The hardest part of the job was to come into an atmosphere where you are continually devalued and expected to maintain a high moral to the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students. I was blessed to have wonderful students who showed their appreciation and was eager to learn the curriculum. I always appreciate the opportunity to educate people in obtaining their professional goals. I prayed for the opportunity and grateful that I received it.
Pros
gain teaching experience
Cons
not focused on education
Exciting Job; Instructing students how to become a professional as a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 16, 2015
During a typical day we would begin with lecture of pharmacology or microbiology dependent on the term we were in. Review any information from their homework or have a class discussion on the lecture. We would then have hands on lab procedures. Teaching the techniques of how to do phlebotomy, injections, Slide smears, any laboratory testing done in an office. Also the preparation of gram staining or acid stain to observe specimen under the microscope.
The management of the work and the classroom was what you made of it, as long as you can lecture to keep the interest of your students and make sure they comprehend it always goes well.
Then the grading, documentation and updating grades.
Loved my co-workers. We worked well as a team.
Hardest part of the job....none
most enjoyable is to see the light bulb go on when a student comprehends what you are trying to teach them as well as seeing them do their techniques properly.
Pros
manage your own classroom within curriculum guidelines
benefits
great students, lots of extra work with no appreciation
Dental Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 25, 2015
Right about the time raises are due, Concorde seems to find an excuse to eliminate any extra compensation... due to the "economy", even though admissions are over the top. The program directors will do or say anything to make upper management happy regardless of ethics, or lack of. The directors seem like puppets that have little knowledge of their own programs.
Cons
no prep time

Want to know more about Concorde Career College?

Ask a question
Billing & Coding Program Instructor
Instructor Billing & Coding/Medical Terminology (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ColoradoMarch 20, 2013
Evening Instructor for Medical Assistant, Billing & Terminology Studies.
Being a teacher and helping students along a career path.
Poor Management due to inproper training and support.
Professional/Team Players
Keeping the students interested and not getting involved in their personal lives.
Had great students who cared and had a passion for their career.
Pros
great pay /benefits, learning experience
Cons
alot of personal time spend preparing for class
Great place if you only need money
Peon (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day is similar to watching reality TV - drama, cliques, incompetence, caddy women. It is high school again.

You will learn why you should work someplace else. You will see how not to act in an administrative/teaching position.

Management is the worst. Student success means changing grades, passing incompetent students, making exceptions for students who they like, and bleeding poor students for money.

Co-workers were scared to stand up for themselves or their students, because they do not want to rock the boat or get fired.

The hardest part was passing students who should not work in medicine and failing those who the Academic Dean does not like.

The most enjoyable part of the job was payday. They pay very well to keep employees, which is why I am still stuck here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great school to study and learn.
Student (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 19, 2016
I acquired many skills and learned abundant amounts of information in didactic sessions. I would recommend this college to anyone needing flexibility in their learning schedule.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2016
One of the worst managers I have ever worked for, was only interested in his way. Long one on one meetings where he would be-little you as a person. The best thing I ever did was leave. Will miss the great co-workers and other staff members
Pros
I had a Office to work in instead of a cube/co-workers were fun
Cons
Micromanagement/poor management
Good place for advancement.
FT Instructor/Extern coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, Ca.October 24, 2012
Over all this place was a very micomanaged place. Making it difficult to be your own person. everything was unifomed and very dictated. NO freedom to excel.
Co-workers great over all but most had been there for so long that they werent happy with their jobs. Not very friendly.
Hardest part of the job, was not being able to be your best.
enjoyable part of my day was when I was left in my class to teach alone. Seeing my students relax.
Pros
great benifits, and great educational expences.
Cons
micromanaging.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Front Desk Administration / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 9, 2016
The student, staff, and instructors keep the place lively. If you love a face paced work environment it is a great place to work. There are opportunities for advancement, however, internal employees are often passed over for these opportunities.
Pros
Students make this an amazing place to be
Cons
Communication is lacking
corporate
Financial Aid Refund Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSMarch 12, 2016
Managers have no integrity. They curse and are very disrespectful. Along with calling fellow colleagues inappropriate names. Their management is verbally abusive on many different levels. They need to make some serious changes and to follow their core values. If they were positive in coaching their workers the moral would be much better. Not everyone is treated equally here. Some managers are very lazy put off their work on others.
Great place, very Professional
Student Intake (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 17, 2015
A great place to work, good benefits, nice people. You are expected to do your job. Always kept clean. Amazing people to work with. Treats for staff once a month. good places to eat near by.
Medical Office Administration
Medical Office Administration Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2012
Awesome coworker the MOA program is a fairly new and struggling program. The reason I am looking for other options I am only part time with little or no hope of ever becoming full time.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
no benefits and no room for advancement
Professional and helpful place to work, plenty of experience is giving
Student (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2016
The instructors are actual Certified Pharmacy Technicians, who have been in the pharmacy field for years, There's alot to learn, but it's definitely needed.
Pros
First hand experience, externship at 2 different pharmacy types(hospital, retail, long-term care))
Cons
tuition is around 15, 000

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concorde Career College. Our community is ready to answer.