Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stay away from this digusting place
Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2016
Very SICK company to work for! Benefits are horrible and very expensive! Management wait what management......Training what training! Let's not talk about the trash they produce and call healthcare providers. I would rather die than let any student from Concorde put their hands on me! Why because the "rules" and "policies" do not apply! Student fails a test, you let them take it again again and again! Student is on drugs let them take the drug screening again and again and again! Why because Concorde took their federal funds, students are dollar signs and no matter what they do its your fault if they don't make it. If they don't come to school that would be your fault too. Stay far away from this place!
Pros
Cons
The things you will be forced to do to keep students
good and beautiful place for education
Dental Hygienist student (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 3, 2016
Every thing is available for excellent education environment and helpful , nice instructor.Clean and comfortable clinic.We have seen many patients and treated them from different cultures and ages
Horrible work environment
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 25, 2016
No dental assisting program director. Dean had no clue about the curriculum. Students had open door policy and they complained to the dean bc I made them accountable for their actions and didn't enable or baby them. School is not even accredited. Students were lazy and even threatened violence on another instructor! They held my cpr cards until I contacted corporate to get what was rightfully mine. Worked overtime w/o compensation also. No wonder employers don't want assistants who went to Concorde, it starts at the top!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No direction
Used to recommend, but no longer
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 25, 2016
Some years ago, was better than most proprietary schools and used to be a great place to work with long term staff. However, with financial cutbacks, increasing demands on instructors, frequent admin changes, and staff turnover I wouldn't recommend it now. Students are held to high educational standards which is great but not many good clinical sites.
Pros
Students receive high quality education
Cons
High pressure, high demand, low support for staff; clinical sites do not provide adequate experience
The worst job I ever had
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San bernardinoApril 7, 2015
By far the worst job I have ever had! When I first started it was great I was working with the greatest admissions director and representatives. They taught me a lot about the business world. After she and that team left the worst admissions director came aboard hiring a joke of an admissions team some of them were the ghettoest most unprofessional ignorant people I have ever worked with. Looking back I realize I sould of reported her many times to human resources for the way she treated me. I was totally discriminated and treated poorly and unprofessionally by her. I'm actually glad the old washed up admissions director let me go even though it was a bogus reason and a lie. I found a better career with the best benefits a company can provide. My advice is to stay away get your experience and get out!
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Terrible management, aggressive students
Worst job I ever worked
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2016
I got the job thinking I was working for a great company. Wrong , so stressfull. Unprepared for new employees. No proffesional training. Very UN organized. Business manager and campus president are the worst people I ever worked for. They don't care about any one but themselves.
Pros
Nothing. But I guess experience working in a non welcoming environment
Cons
Not taking lunch on time.
Nice place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day at work was generally busy. I learned to prioritize my work and multi-task. Management was very considerate. Enjoyed the co-workers, everyone was very considerate. I did not consider anything about my job to be difficult, I enjoyed the environment. What I really enjoyed about my job was the feeling of accomplishment when students graduated and moved into the workforce.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Going to work when it snowed
Not a good place to be
nursing instructor (Former Employee) –  dallas, txMarch 9, 2015
No training provided to instructors, very limited communication of what is expected; clinical sites are dismal; students have a sense of entitlement and high levels of incivility. Students are never held accountable for their unacceptable behavior from dean and president of school. Drug testing of students is done in house and incorrectly. Inconsistent results are never followed up. Nurses now are not going to be able to even get a job with just an associate degree due to hospitals wanting magnet status, Baylor and THR won't hire non-bachelor degreed nurses, and the quality of the program is very low. This program should honestly be out of business
Cons
No training, high levels of incivility, dismal clinical sites, poor communication
Stay away...
faculty (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FlJune 9, 2013
The fact that this school is still open is amazing. Super non-compliance issues, its a free for all. Students are just shuffled around without regard and the faculty are just as clueless. They pay well to compensate the terrible work environment. Serious issues with this school.
Pros
high salary
Cons
terrible enviroment
some things are dispenseable
LRC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2015
If your looking to grow in a career, Concord is not the place. It is good for the here and now temp.
Chain of comas in operable! !!
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
overwork with little pay for what's expected
careless management
staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2014
Unorganized management, safety carelessness for employees, compliance issues, hourly employees have difficult time getting paid for OT worked, most program directors and instructors hired unexperienced.
Cons
quality of patient care questionable
Opportunities to help students
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day at work was very busy with lots of interaction with students. I learned to multi-task and categorize the importance of certain responsibilities. My co-workers were a joy to work with. The hardest thing about my job was if a student failed their class and had to be dismissed. The enjoyable thing was seeing students complete their courses and go into the workforce as registered nurses.
Pros
The learning environment
Certified Surgical Technologist Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 23, 2013
Friendly staff, Typical day at work: Arrive , go to class, send them to break, run their tests in the scantron, go back to class, send them on another break, go back to class, end class, go to lunch, prepare for the next day or go to clinical sites
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Worst company horrible place
Executive (Former Employee) –  Miramar flDecember 11, 2014
Stealing money from students, idiots run the company
Corp leaders are a joke
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything is bad at this place
students come last
front office (Former Employee) –  san bernardinoJanuary 25, 2015
There is nothing positive about this school, I feel sorry for the students, Concorde only cares about money, students and staff mean nothing to them.
Pros
Cons
low pay
Awesome company to work for
Dental Extern Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 5, 2013
I cannot say anything negative about this school, Love the students and my co-worker's very supportive place to work
Pros
Great co-workers and Directors
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2