Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. Employee Reviews

I have worked here for 13+ years
Dental Assisting Instructor/Externship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North HollywoodDecember 19, 2017
I left for 9 months 8 yrs ago and came back. I love my Program Director. The private vocational education field has its challenges but at Concorde our goal is to get these students a job and that's what we do.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay could be higher. Not at Industry level.
Stressful work environment with no support
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 13, 2017
Stressful work environment with no support. They do things that are against policy to get enrollments which soon lead to disenrollment's because students are unhappy. Anyone who wouldn't break a policy for the campus president or any other member of management would be coached.
Enjoyable, low stress place to work.
Adjunct for English Comp and Critical Thinking (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 24, 2017
General Education Instructors at Concorde were given a written curriculum to follow. However, if students needed a slower pace to meet their needs which was often the case, I was always given permission to do what they needed. Overall a low stress, good place to work, but compensation was poor. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with the students who wanted to improve their lives by getting a better job. Because they wanted that, they worked hard to learn and understand what we were teaching..
Great diversity of students.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 28, 2017
Great students and administrative staff to work with. Very flexible schedule with my other adjunct positions. Highly recommend working for them. Course work and evaluations are easy to follow.
Pros
great students and staff. Good curriculum
Cons
some curriculum could be updated.
Amazing co-workers
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 23, 2017
Academic Dean helped me to grow professionally as well as see areas in myself that need improvement. It can be a challenge working with adult students but it is a very rewarding career. The company has growth potential for anyone wanting to advance their career.
Educational yet finance oriented
NATIONAL RADIOLOGY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 4, 2017
I enjoyed the challenge of creating a new program, and the opportunity to travel across the country doing so. The local administration was very cooperative.
Pros
Creating new ideas
Cons
Time was too short
Difficult place to work. Students are dollar signs.
Surgical Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2017
Students are allowed to run over instructors. Company expects you to pass students regardless of grades/skills. Tests and checkoffs really mean nothing.
Great benefits
VN Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 21, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Insurance is awesome. Truly wants students to be successful. Management is inconsistent with there decisions. Sometimes hard to take time off.
DH Clinic Instructor
Dental Hygiene Intructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2017
Like all jobs, it's about the people you work with. The hygiene program in San Antonio is excellent. The Program Director is top notch and supportive of her staff. All instructors are professional and moral is great. We are there for one another and our goal is produce great dental hygienists to our profession. This program is accelerated so it is not for everyone but I value my job here and am very thankful for it. Our administration is very good to our program because they see the value that dental hygiene brings to this company.
Pros
great co-workers and boss!
Cons
more benefits for part-timers
Excellent school
NCMA Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2017
Love attending concorde and working for them as a instructor. They care about there employees and the students. They work hard to find you a job. Management has changed now, but I have applied to go back there to teach

Want to know more about Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.?

Ask a question
Was very stressful, but fulfilling
Director of Nursing Education (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 16, 2017
I had the opportunity to transfer from one campus to another and it was very seamless. There were a lot of turnover in the administration of the campus as well as in the corporate support positions. I felt that there were at time a lack of communication or sharing of information. But when the administration at the campus level seemd to be stable the communication was much better
good and beautiful place for education
Dental Hygienist student (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 3, 2016
Every thing is available for excellent education environment and helpful , nice instructor.Clean and comfortable clinic.We have seen many patients and treated them from different cultures and ages
Used to recommend, but no longer
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 25, 2016
Some years ago, was better than most proprietary schools and used to be a great place to work with long term staff. However, with financial cutbacks, increasing demands on instructors, frequent admin changes, and staff turnover I wouldn't recommend it now. Students are held to high educational standards which is great but not many good clinical sites.
Pros
Students receive high quality education
Cons
High pressure, high demand, low support for staff; clinical sites do not provide adequate experience
Worst job I ever worked
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2016
I got the job thinking I was working for a great company. Wrong , so stressfull. Unprepared for new employees. No proffesional training. Very UN organized. Business manager and campus president are the worst people I ever worked for. They don't care about any one but themselves.
Pros
Nothing. But I guess experience working in a non welcoming environment
Cons
Not taking lunch on time.
Horrible work environment
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 25, 2016
No dental assisting program director. Dean had no clue about the curriculum. Students had open door policy and they complained to the dean bc I made them accountable for their actions and didn't enable or baby them. School is not even accredited. Students were lazy and even threatened violence on another instructor! They held my cpr cards until I contacted corporate to get what was rightfully mine. Worked overtime w/o compensation also. No wonder employers don't want assistants who went to Concorde, it starts at the top!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No direction
Stay away from this digusting place
Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2016
Very SICK company to work for! Benefits are horrible and very expensive! Management wait what management......Training what training! Let's not talk about the trash they produce and call healthcare providers. I would rather die than let any student from Concorde put their hands on me! Why because the "rules" and "policies" do not apply! Student fails a test, you let them take it again again and again! Student is on drugs let them take the drug screening again and again and again! Why because Concorde took their federal funds, students are dollar signs and no matter what they do its your fault if they don't make it. If they don't come to school that would be your fault too. Stay far away from this place!
Pros
Cons
The things you will be forced to do to keep students
I appreciate the experinces
faculty position (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 9, 2016
I am glad they gave me the opportunity to gain some valuable classroom teaching experience that I acquired through this school. They have problems with leadership longevity and the turnover caused many issues with staff stability. The faculty tend to stick together and help each other with issues that arise; the staff are the main bright side of the culture.
some things are dispenseable
LRC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2015
If your looking to grow in a career, Concord is not the place. It is good for the here and now temp.
Chain of comas in operable! !!
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
overwork with little pay for what's expected
The worst job I ever had
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San bernardinoApril 7, 2015
By far the worst job I have ever had! When I first started it was great I was working with the greatest admissions director and representatives. They taught me a lot about the business world. After she and that team left the worst admissions director came aboard hiring a joke of an admissions team some of them were the ghettoest most unprofessional ignorant people I have ever worked with. Looking back I realize I sould of reported her many times to human resources for the way she treated me. I was totally discriminated and treated poorly and unprofessionally by her. I'm actually glad the old washed up admissions director let me go even though it was a bogus reason and a lie. I found a better career with the best benefits a company can provide. My advice is to stay away get your experience and get out!
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Terrible management, aggressive students
Not a good place to be
nursing instructor (Former Employee) –  dallas, txMarch 9, 2015
No training provided to instructors, very limited communication of what is expected; clinical sites are dismal; students have a sense of entitlement and high levels of incivility. Students are never held accountable for their unacceptable behavior from dean and president of school. Drug testing of students is done in house and incorrectly. Inconsistent results are never followed up. Nurses now are not going to be able to even get a job with just an associate degree due to hospitals wanting magnet status, Baylor and THR won't hire non-bachelor degreed nurses, and the quality of the program is very low. This program should honestly be out of business
Cons
No training, high levels of incivility, dismal clinical sites, poor communication