Concordia Publishing House Employee Reviews

The Publishing Arm Of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2017
Good Place to work, a lot of team players and for a very good cause.
However, the recession in 2008 necessitated reorganization so I accepted their retirement package.
While the Benefits package is great, actual pay is dismal.
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Management wants everything done right away, leaving no time to plan, or test solutions. This causes more technical debt that just stacks up over time.

This expectation flows down from management to everyone else, causing undo stress, between departments and co-workers.
Very unfair workplace, those who dont wish to work dont have to. Workers who care about the work are taken advantage of.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2016
A typical day at work should start off with an agenda, a goal to work towards. I am eager to please management and strive to do the best at what I do, whatever it may be. I have had nothing but excellent work reviews over the sixteen years I spent at Concordia Publishing House.
Pros
Great benefits: Medical, Dental and life insurance.
Cons
Very negative and unfair work environment. Poor managent.
No room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2016
Enjoyed teamwork with fellow workers. I enjoyed designing brochures and other graphic work. I enjoyed training fellow employees on computer basics, working with shipping and receiving of merchandise (bibles, etc.). I looked at saving the company money and was able to do that enormously after seeing how wasteful certain items were being handled.
Cons
Short breaks and short lunches
Great Company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2014
The atmosphere here is one that you can tell this company truly feels that their employees are family. They strive really hard to maintain great customer services and products.
Fantastic place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St Louis MoAugust 2, 2013
Very professional and pleasant atmosphere. Enjoyable place to work. I learned a lot about caring for others as well as myself.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
none that I was aware of
Great time every day serving seminary students and faculty
Currently bookstore manager at Concordia Seminary. (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriMarch 2, 2012
Concordia Publishing House is a great place to work. Very family oriented. I have enjoyed the many opportunities. Started out in the bookstores, but then able to move to Marketing. I marketed church supplies. Now I am back in the bookstores working on the campus of Concordia Seminary.
Pros
great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concordia Publishing House. Our community is ready to answer.

Concordia Publishing House Reviews by Location