Concordia University Chicago Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Graduate Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILJune 30, 2015
Influenced by the university's extended history of having a social purpose.

A very cohesive team culture. Management always supported staff in decision making and new opportunities.
Pros
Service the needs of everyone
Cons
n/a
friendly staff and fun place to work
Literacy Coach (Former Employee) –  River Forest ILMay 12, 2015
Friendly staff and fun place to work. Supervisors very loving and caring.
I had a great time working with the Literacy department
Great job, nice Institution
Dir.Service Learning Center /Asst.Prof. Spanish (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILJuly 26, 2014
My time at CUC has been great! My main job, Director of Academic Service-Learning Center, has been a wonderful experience! When I got there 17% of the student body was doing service. With me at the center, last year (2012-2013) 48% of the student body was engaged in service-learning. This year (2013-2014) 44% of the students were involved in service-learning, and over 50% were involved in Service activities of some type.
I created many partnerships with local non-profit organizations, worked with many interesting people, worked with wonder students, have had great colleagues who have helped me SO much along the way!
Pros
small university, you know everyone, students are bright, big hearted, sevice oriented culture
Cons
salaries are low due to the small nature of the university, we cannot get raises. cost of living in this area is very high, so salaries and cost of living do not go hand in hand.
Psychology Research Assistant
Psychological Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILApril 9, 2014
conducted research studies in the research lab for psychological research, running participants, working on conference proposals.
It was a great place for student workers to work
Physical Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILDecember 30, 2013
Work during the days
learned to work did tools and organized an office
management was great listen to people and willing to help
my co workers were great made it easy to work
the hardest part was some of the things jobs we had to do
just working with will all of my co workers
Relaxed, Friendly and Innovative campus
Bookstore Manager (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILSeptember 17, 2013
The Concordia University Chicago community is very open, inviting, friendly and academically rich. I am surrounded by well-educated, respectful and helpful professionals daily who are all eager to see the University and it's students succeed and prepare for the future.
Great place for work study!
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Great place to work, job pace varies from day-to-day, great coworkers and supervisor. Perfect for students!
The world of academia is rewarding within its self.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILJune 8, 2013
Education opens doors to many avenues. My experience at C.U.C. has highlighted my impressions of continued education. The academic environment, students, and faculty of C.U.C. has been a positive encounter for me. I cherish the classroom experiences when students actually grasp the theories, techniques, and concepts of counseling.
Pros
ability create your lesson plan within parameters of the university's guidelines.
Very flexible and team oriented work place
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  7400 Augusta st, River Forest IL 60305March 20, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy with various types of interactions between student/ parents and myself. I provide information bout Concordia and help lead the student to choosing to attend Concordia University.
Professional counselling
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILJanuary 31, 2013
It was a great learning experience counseling the elderly and young adults in need of a community style counseling.
fun work enviroment
Senior Dispatcher/Switchboard Operator/Corporal (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILDecember 26, 2012
Staff are compassionate about their work and understanding individuals.
This school backed their administrator in a lawsuit, claiming it was generally all right to touch female employees.
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILMay 19, 2012
I was fired for complaining that I was being touched against my will. When I sought a job at a neighboring college, I was hired and told that I was not the first to switch schools for that reason. If you like that, this is the place for you. That would be either the best or worst part of the job.
Pros
90% discount on graduate courses
Cons
administration defended hasrassment
Flexible social enviornment
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILMarch 15, 2012
I enjoyed my 2 and a half years there as well as showing people my university.

4.4