Concordia University Texas Employee Reviews

Fun place to work on campus while going to school.
Lab worker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Very flexible around my school schedule. Knows that school comes first and my undergraduate degree is the most important.
Great side job for students
German tutor and teacher’s assistant     (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Easy straight forward job duties and management. Fun job due to constant interactions with other students and seeing their improvements. Good opportunity for students to earn some cash on the side while completing a degree.
Great place to learn
Club Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Amazing university with great prof. and amazing new friends to meet. Great classes to take and be more then just a number when you attend this school.
Supportive staff from the University
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2016
I would need certain documents and they would print them for me. They were very supportive whenever I had issues with my students and grading as well.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Long commute (but that canceled out when I started teaching online)
Athletic Department
Assistant Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2016
Great athletic department, many opportunities to grow and expand knowledge of athletic management
Great employees in athletic department and other members of the university
Pros
Flexible hours, Great employees
Professional, but rewarding and fun job experience
IT Helpdesk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Most work days I would answer phone calls and record what I had done and file a report. On occasion I would re-image computers which is one of the things I learned how to do. Management was helpful and understanding, yet at the same time professional. My co-workers were extremely helpful and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job I would say was probably just remembering all my passwords and, at the beginning figuring out how everything worked. After awhile it became easy for me though. The most enjoyable part I would say was when the clients would thank you for your help.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay was minimum wage
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere
Helpdesk Sr. Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day is interacting with individuals since you start work. Then making sure equipment has been delivered and picked up. After the equipment has been delivered and picked up you go and work on projects only if there is someone available to answer phone calls, if there isn't than you go and answer phone calls and reply to emails. If there is someone their to answer the phones and emails you work with the students and staff to resolve issue that they may have in their office or in the classroom.
Cons
As a student worker they limit the hours to 19 and they give any benefits to student workers
Relaxed and productive working environment
Library Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2015
I helped manage the front desk, or the Information Desk as we call it. Answering questions of library patrons, checking books in and out of the library, and fixing technology issues were a part of my daily routine. I learned, being new to a job where people assumed that I have all of the (library related) answers, that it is better to ask for assistance when assisting someone with a difficult question, rather than making an educated guess, because the person will appreciate honesty and having no time wasted by working under false assumptions.
Pros
Flexible hours, comfortable working environment
Cons
school's out
Good school
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2015
They work well in allowing students to balance school and work. It is unfortunate, however, that only security guards and tutors get anything above minimum wage.
Good people and mission; not much opportunity for advancement
Staff (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2014
Its a good place to work, they treat employees well. Very student-oriented and has a good mission. The people I work with in my department and in others are all very nice and easy to work with. There is a great work-life balance and great healthcare benefits, vision and dental. However, the salary is low and there is no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good work-life balance; great people; benefits
Cons
Low salary, little room for professional growth
providing a well balanced dorm life environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2013
A Resident Assistant is in charge of overseeing fifty to fifty-five residents as well as the general well being of the entire residence hall that consists of two hundred and seventy students. The general responsibilities and requirements of a Resident Assistant are:
• Attend weekly meetings with Director of Residential Life and fellow Resident Assistants
• Plan monthly social activities for floor or entire resident population
• Nightly rounds and post on call hours for various nights of the week
• Prepare program proposal for each social event, turn in bi-weekly time sheets, and write up incident reports for rule violations
• Interview and train new Resident Assistants
Pros
great financial compensation
Cons
crazy work hours
Security guard for a small private university in Austin, TX
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Security guards were responsible for locking and unlocking all school buildings and facilities, patrolling campus at night, and answering distress calls and assisting students.
Productive, small work place that felt like a family
Instructional Technologies Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2012
At the beginning of the day, if the manager was there, I would receive my orders for the day and report when I had finished the job to receive my next job. If the manager was not there, work would have to be found that I knew had to be done. My boss is really friendly and quiet, accepting the quiet, focused work pace that I normally set for myself. Each of the co-workers had their own unique strengths, and we often worked separately.
Pros
learning about technology, studying other colleges besides my own while working for instructors, building closer relationships with my instructors and other staff members, can work in between class hours
Cons
short hours (15 hours a week max.-job provided by a grant)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concordia University Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6