Concordia University Texas Employee Reviews

Good school
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 16, 2015
They work well in allowing students to balance school and work. It is unfortunate, however, that only security guards and tutors get anything above minimum wage.
Good people and mission; not much opportunity for advancement
Staff (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 29, 2014
Pros: good work-life balance; great people; benefits
Cons: low salary, little room for professional growth
Its a good place to work, they treat employees well. Very student-oriented and has a good mission. The people I work with in my department and in others are all very nice and easy to work with. There is a great work-life balance and great healthcare benefits, vision and dental. However, the salary is low and there is no opportunity for advancement.
providing a well balanced dorm life environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: great financial compensation
Cons: crazy work hours
A Resident Assistant is in charge of overseeing fifty to fifty-five residents as well as the general well being of the entire residence hall that consists of two hundred and seventy students. The general – more... responsibilities and requirements of a Resident Assistant are:
• Attend weekly meetings with Director of Residential Life and fellow Resident Assistants
• Plan monthly social activities for floor or entire resident population
• Nightly rounds and post on call hours for various nights of the week
• Prepare program proposal for each social event, turn in bi-weekly time sheets, and write up incident reports for rule violations
• Interview and train new Resident Assistants – less
Security guard for a small private university in Austin, TX
Security Guard (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Security guards were responsible for locking and unlocking all school buildings and facilities, patrolling campus at night, and answering distress calls and assisting students.
Productive, small work place that felt like a family
Instructional Technologies Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 30, 2012
Pros: learning about technology, studying other colleges besides my own while working for instructors, building closer relationships with my instructors and other staff members, can work in between class hours
Cons: short hours (15 hours a week max.-job provided by a grant)
At the beginning of the day, if the manager was there, I would receive my orders for the day and report when I had finished the job to receive my next job. If the manager was not there, work would have – more... to be found that I knew had to be done. My boss is really friendly and quiet, accepting the quiet, focused work pace that I normally set for myself. Each of the co-workers had their own unique strengths, and we often worked separately. – less