Concordia University Employee Reviews in United States

productive, enjoyable place to learn and work
Molecular Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 17, 2016
Assisted professors by doing lab set up and conducting DNA sequencing and mapping while reporting to lab analyst. also fed and took care of laboratory animals such as fish, rats and turtle.
Flexibility and Professional
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2016
The staff at the Miller Parkway Extension are willing to work with students and teachers. While maintaining a firm stance on policy, they are energetic,engaging, and flexible. They give great feedback on performance and always provide the necessary tools to get the job done. They care a great deal about the employees and the students.
Encouraging and Self Improving
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMay 28, 2016
Work hours were flexible and they were able to accommodate school life and other factors that contributed to absence. I learned more about time management in balance to school life and a more creative horizon.
Learning Environment
Student Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Seward, NEMay 27, 2016
I was a co-creator of this project, that launched into a full internship, it was easy to work with my fellow employees, because we created something that we loved and something that would be beneficial upon graduation.
Pros
Everyone knew who we were on campus.
Cons
N/A
good experience
Instructional Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMay 4, 2016
its a good place for students to learn additional technologies that help students in the long run.

blackboard tool is used by students in the front end while learning courses from distance or on campus. The same tool is managed by the instructional design assistants in the office of continuing distance education of Concordia university.
Pros
flexible timings
A Great School
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2016
To be a student here is rewarding and you learn a lot. The professors are always there to help you. The work day is how you need it to be and they work around your school schedule.
Flexible, works around student schedules
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILMarch 26, 2016
There are many student jobs available. How well each department functions varies. Overall, treats students well with flexible hours to focus on studying.
Academic and educational atmosphere
Program Lead (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2016
I get to be apart of a project from ground level. The experience I've obtained will carry into my next career. The staff of Concordia University are very helpful, insightful and are motivated to see me succeed.
Pros
Guidance from professionals
Cons
Unusual schedule
fun workplace
consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 30, 2015
Everyone at CUI is pleasant and the environment is professional. The hardest part of the job would be when we have deadlines to meet and little time to do it, but everyone pulls together and we always get the job done.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the department everyone is fun and pleasant to work with.

My co-workers are like my family, they are caring hard working individuals always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Christmas Break off
Cons
Not a full time role, so I don't get paid for it.
Very rewarding for those in service to church and world
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Seward, NENovember 21, 2015
Working in an educational environment is very rewarding. The learning setting is mentally stimulating. There is always something new being discovered or performed.The general atmosphere of the campus is open, warm and friendly. Everyone is polite, positive and helping. It is a place you will find servant leaders.
Pros
Talented students, gifted instructors, peaceful campus
Cons
Demanding workload, tight resources
Great annual training events for adjunct professors
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  River Forest, IL, Grayslake, IL, Skokie, ILNovember 5, 2015
Concordia offers a great work environment to adjunct staff in many settings which can be convenient to your home. Personally, I enjoyed all the classes I taught and the graduate students who attended. I found the annual trainings/Professional Cafes to be very helpful.
Pros
Good environment in many settings to suit you
Cons
Great mission, limited opportunities to move up
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Management should take employee professional development into consideration. Culture of the workplace is good, people are really nice and believe in the mission.
Fun and productive environment with passionate coworkers
Intern in Athletic Administration (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 24, 2015
My internship at Concordia consisted of a lot of different experiences. I was able to help with their golf outing, put in a frisbee golf course on campus, research for the sports information director as well as research for possible additions to their athletic program.
Leadership Oriented
Social Change Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 19, 2015
In a student role, the company is oriented about increasing leadership skills and developing professional experience. The most enjoyable part of the position is the relationships made with volunteers and co-workers.
Exception private university
Director of Financial Aid for On Ground Programs (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 8, 2015
Faculty and staff are exceptional and provide a great educational experience for students. The courses are rigorous and the students are well prepared for careers in their chosen field.
Pros
great faculty
Cons
lack of support for infrastructure
Productive work place, with a lot of opportunity for individuals.
Intramural Sports Official (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 27, 2015
: A typical day at work would include organizing daily agendas for coworkers to complete throughout the week, as well as overseeing completion and safety of coworkers and students.
: I learned time management skills, as well as leaderships skills.
:My coworkers were great, sometimes problems occurred, but I was able to talk them through it a find a solution.
:There was no hard part on the job, there were difficulties but it was always easy to find a solution.
:The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my hard work pay off.
friendly environment and good experience
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 11, 2015
I got along with everyone and gained a lot of experience with communication. I learned about professionality, organization, and working fast paced. The hardest part was working with customers when the questions weren't regarding the front desk.
Golden
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 26, 2015
While working as a sports marketing intern for Concordia University I learned just how much goes on behind the scenes for a sporting event. I would typically arrive one hour before an event and I would assist with the setup of any marketing/promotional tables. I would be assigned a task and then I was allowed the freedom to perform said task. The staff and management were most helpful in my development as a sports management professional. I was encouraged to share new ideas for activities for games and I always felt comfortable voicing my opinion.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2015
I was able to have a wonderful opportunity to teach an online class as adjunct faculty. I spent quite a bit of time preparing for the class in designing my curriculum, other than that it was pretty simple to keep students engaged. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Pros
Simple process, rewarding, fun
Concordia University is Outstanding
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 23, 2015
Rarely have I spent time in my career in such a caring, organized and successful atmosphere. Cooperative, intelligent and well organized staff. The Christian atmosphere truly shows.
Pros
Delightful staff, hard working, intelligent, helpful and kind.
Cons
salary