Concordia University

Concordia University Employee Reviews

friendly environment and good experience
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 11, 2015
I got along with everyone and gained a lot of experience with communication. I learned about professionality, organization, and working fast paced. The hardest part was working with customers when the questions weren't regarding the front desk.
Golden
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 26, 2015
While working as a sports marketing intern for Concordia University I learned just how much goes on behind the scenes for a sporting event. I would typically arrive one hour before an event and I would assist with the setup of any marketing/promotional tables. I would be assigned a task and then I was allowed the freedom to perform said task. The staff and management were most helpful in my development as a sports management professional. I was encouraged to share new ideas for activities for games and I always felt comfortable voicing my opinion.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2015
Pros: Simple process, rewarding, fun
Cons: None
I was able to have a wonderful opportunity to teach an online class as adjunct faculty. I spent quite a bit of time preparing for the class in designing my curriculum, other than that it was pretty simple to keep students engaged. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Concordia University is Outstanding
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Mequon, WIApril 23, 2015
Pros: Delightful staff, hard working, intelligent, helpful and kind.
Cons: salary
Rarely have I spent time in my career in such a caring, organized and successful atmosphere. Cooperative, intelligent and well organized staff. The Christian atmosphere truly shows.
great place
Security Guard (Current Employee), austinApril 15, 2015
great place with great staff. Professional leaders. clear system in which to do things co workers are always there to pick up a shift if needed. hardest part is dealing with some of the outside campus staff.
LOVE IT!!!!
Conference and Events (Former Employee), MinnesotaApril 9, 2015
Great great great great great great great. Awesome awesome awesome awesome. Amazing amazing amazing Love it love it love it love it love it
Excellent Support and Team Atmosphere!
Online Student Orientation Professor (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 9, 2015
Wonderful people have made this experience excellent! I truly enjoy working for Concordia and recommend their Christian values, hard work, team atmosphere and support.
Math Lab Tutor in Library
Math Lab Tutor (Former Employee), River Forest, ILApril 9, 2015
For this job, I worked in a room in the library at Concordia University. I would come, sign in, and work on my own homework until someone came in for help on their math homework. Only one person worked in the Math Lab at a time, so it would only be me helping whoever came in during my shift.
Concordia University
Skills Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 29, 2015
Wonderful university with an amazing nursing program. As part of the clinical portion of a leadership class, I am working in the skills lab teaching and leading nursing students in nursing skills.
Review
Computer Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2015
My last job I had several duties and responsibilities, and lots of different tasks. I started as a volunteer at forst then Intern then as Employee. AS we all know every job has its own good and bad Even though I did like working at my last job but since I got my masters Degree In Environmenmtal Engineering and no one ever did anything to promote me also there was some sort of Job freez but regardless I always wanted to look outside and find a job that is better for me and my Education hope I get a Job here with higher pay than I already had and be close to Irvine where I live

Best Regards

Lida Amin Asgari
Great Opportunity to Embrace Iterative Teaching and Learning
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexiblity (remote)
Cons: daily responsiblities
Concordia supports the iterative process of learning and teaching so professors can see where each student is academically and offer repeated opportunities to solidify their learning through positive feedback, resource support, and resubmission of assignments.
Summary
Student Teacher Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago IllinoisOctober 24, 2014
I am an adjunct at Concordia and teach education courses. I love teaching at Concordia. Everyone is very caring and considerate. It is a wonderful place to work at.
A University that cares about their students
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Mequon, WISeptember 5, 2014
A great University to earn your degree with. Wonderful staff, multiple locations.
Professional and supportive work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), River Forest, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Concordia is a great University to work for, as they operate in a way that is very consistent with their mission. They treat their employees and students equally well and adhere to best business practices when it comes to employer/employee relations.
Great Job
Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Ann Arbor , MIAugust 15, 2014
Pros: location, school support
Cons: equipment
trained athletes for three different sessions a day. How to motivate young athletes mentally and physically . The Coaching Staff I worked for was very supportive of all the student athletes on and off the field. I enjoyed everyday of the job.
Integrative University with Students as Priority
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Mequon, WIJuly 7, 2014
A brand new Pharmacy Program that thrived on the attention to detail my team brought to the Student Affairs Experience.
Public Relations.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Mequon, WIMay 31, 2014
Demonstrated dedicated service to the needs of people; sought to provide prompt and courtieous service. Have spent former career assisting people. Able to relate to people and listen to their concerns.

Multicultural Understanding.
Able to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. In former career, worked and assisted people from different cultural backgrounds. This was an enriching experience, and have always sought to learn and work with people from different cultures.

Written and Verbal Communication.
Have a great interest in written communications. Thus far, have already published one
book of poetry. Currently working on other projects for publication. In former career,
wrote materials for classes taught, and regularly spoke publicly and have done some
teaching.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Public speaking and presentation experience. Spent previous career in public
speaking. Able to communicate and to engage listeners. Always prepared and
always remained on the topic. Able to listen to needs and provide both guidance and service to clients, Work well as a team member or independently. Resourceful, energetic, competent, multi-task and results-oriented. Demonstrated ability to meet the needs of patrons, dependable, hard working, reliable, and punctual.
On Campus
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: rough hands
Fun exciting to work on campus and receive tuition reimbursement. Sorting mail and seeing customers receive their packages from family and friends makes my day too. I didnt like that my hands started to get rough but that part of dealing with mail.
Good place to work as a student
Grounds worker (Former Employee), River Forest, ILMay 20, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: not very many hours
General labor, kind co-workers, some heavy lifting, however it was nice to work mostly outdoors.
College/University setting
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 28, 2014
College/University setting with variety of academic programs

1 2 3