Concordia University Employee Reviews

Collaborative, highly skilled, academic work environment.
Education Department Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 8, 2017
Online and on site classes for teachers moving into administration. It is a pleasure working with a university that practices the 21st century skills in planning and executing a strong academic program.
Pros
Collegial, educational learning community.
Best place I have ever worked!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIApril 20, 2017
Concordia is the best place I have ever worked! All the employees are very nice and helpful. The pay can seem low compared to other colleges, but it is very slow paced and very relaxed throughout the day. The balance between work and life is by far the best I have ever had.
Pros
work balance, low stress.
Cons
lower pay
The academic side of this employer is great. The fiscal operations and administration not so much.
Director (Former Employee) –  Seward, NEApril 19, 2017
Expectations of an employee are great however the funding and resources to do a job in an effective and efficient way are fairly non-existent. Upper administration has its own ideas of how they want things run. They shift their plans quickly when they feel things are not working out. If you do not fit their expectations they will make your job difficult.
Pros
Good education
Cons
Poor leadership
Great phone and customer service experience
Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 6, 2017
Being a telecounselor at Concordia University provides me with customer service experience and proper telephone etiquette that is needed in many jobs.
Pros
Flexible hours, great coworkers, and short commute
Very good school
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Montreal, WIMarch 19, 2017
I didn't work at the school, But I did my master and Software certificate. It was good experience to study at Concordia university because I did an experimental work and it gave me a good a idea about working in the labs.
Low pay, high quality life
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 14, 2017
My bosses in the various positions I worked were always kind and sought to help me grow as a professional. Projects were designed around my skills and areas I needed to improve. As a student, competition means that we are always paid the minimum wage, but flexible hours and time off during breaks make this job worthwhile.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay
A caring educational institution of quality
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 9, 2017
Concordia is a Christian university providing full time, part time, and online classes to undergraduates and graduates.

The work environment is very pleasant. Typical class size in the MBA program is 15 to 25 students and all classes are held in "Smart Rooms" with projection, smartboards, and Internet access. This truly allows a professor to provide a quality, engaging student experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with graduate students from many different countries and backgrounds. Recognizing that many of these are working adults, the university encourages flexibility in our schedules and assignments.
Good staff and people to work for
Student Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Seward, NEFebruary 24, 2017
I worked with the football team as a student assistant coach. I helped break down film as well as helped coach the defensive line at practice. I learned a lot from the other coaches.
Can be fun, but mostly stressful workplace
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  OregonFebruary 16, 2017
There is not good communication among departments. Depending on the department you can have a great experience or a not so great one. For me, there was no opportunities for higher pay or moving up in the workplace.

If you have a good team, it can be a really fun atmosphere. The students liven up the environment. However, the work flow is stressful and a lot gets put on certain departments.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay and dated buildings
Fun place to work
Guest lecturer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 1, 2017
The teaching environment is very satisfying. Concordia is among the best at allowing you to reach for your potential. The administration is nurturing and caring.
Pros
Creative people aboutd
Great Job for students
AV Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJanuary 14, 2017
This job offers a great opportunity to get hands on experience with troubleshooting, and fixing equipment. Training is hands on and allows for quick learning.
Great little place of inclusion
Athletics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 14, 2016
Very urban setting - keeps you in the heart of the Twin Cities metro area.
College leadership does a great job of keeping the company in business - adjusting to market forces and external threats
Each department develops a very close knit relationship
Cross-departmental interaction is a little limited
Continues to try to grow and expand
Sometimes too willing to take on the excuses for why it cannot grow, be better/offer more
Offers great opportunities to those willing to work hard and accept challenges of being resource limited
Fast paced, positive working environment.
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2016
I enjoyed the environment here. They need to incorporate more structured training in their systems and job responsibilities. The co workers are pleasant and experienced.
Fun / Diverse work environment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 9, 2016
Concordia is a fun campus full of all different kinds of people and the environment is peaceful and relaxed. Most of the staff are pleasant and welcoming and the grounds crew does a phenomenal job of making the campus look incredible.
Pros
Fun Environment, good people, diverse, and open-minded
Cons
surrounded by Saint Paul
Organizing intramural sports for Concordia University
Assistant Intramural Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 8, 2016
This position was simply helping organize all intramural activities on the Concordia University - Portland campus. This included, soccer, volley ball, basketball, and indoor soccer.
productive, enjoyable place to learn and work
Molecular Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 17, 2016
Assisted professors by doing lab set up and conducting DNA sequencing and mapping while reporting to lab analyst. also fed and took care of laboratory animals such as fish, rats and turtle.
Flexibility and Professional
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2016
The staff at the Miller Parkway Extension are willing to work with students and teachers. While maintaining a firm stance on policy, they are energetic,engaging, and flexible. They give great feedback on performance and always provide the necessary tools to get the job done. They care a great deal about the employees and the students.
Encouraging and Self Improving
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMay 28, 2016
Work hours were flexible and they were able to accommodate school life and other factors that contributed to absence. I learned more about time management in balance to school life and a more creative horizon.
Learning Environment
Student Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Seward, NEMay 27, 2016
I was a co-creator of this project, that launched into a full internship, it was easy to work with my fellow employees, because we created something that we loved and something that would be beneficial upon graduation.
Pros
Everyone knew who we were on campus.
Cons
N/a
good experience
Instructional Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMay 4, 2016
its a good place for students to learn additional technologies that help students in the long run.

blackboard tool is used by students in the front end while learning courses from distance or on campus. The same tool is managed by the instructional design assistants in the office of continuing distance education of Concordia university.
Pros
flexible timings
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concordia University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2