Concordia University

Concordia University Employer Reviews

Professional and supportive work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), River Forest, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Concordia is a great University to work for, as they operate in a way that is very consistent with their mission. They treat their employees and students equally well and adhere to best business practices when it comes to employer/employee relations.
Great Job
Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Ann Arbor , MIAugust 15, 2014
Pros: location, school support
Cons: equipment
trained athletes for three different sessions a day. How to motivate young athletes mentally and physically . The Coaching Staff I worked for was very supportive of all the student athletes on and off the field. I enjoyed everyday of the job.
Integrative University with Students as Priority
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Mequon, WIJuly 7, 2014
A brand new Pharmacy Program that thrived on the attention to detail my team brought to the Student Affairs Experience.
Public Relations.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Mequon, WIMay 31, 2014
Demonstrated dedicated service to the needs of people; sought to provide prompt and courtieous service. Have spent former career assisting people. Able to relate to people and listen to their concerns.

Multicultural Understanding.
Able to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. In former career, worked and assisted people from different – more... cultural backgrounds. This was an enriching experience, and have always sought to learn and work with people from different cultures.

Written and Verbal Communication.
Have a great interest in written communications. Thus far, have already published one
book of poetry. Currently working on other projects for publication. In former career,
wrote materials for classes taught, and regularly spoke publicly and have done some
teaching.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Public speaking and presentation experience. Spent previous career in public
speaking. Able to communicate and to engage listeners. Always prepared and
always remained on the topic. Able to listen to needs and provide both guidance and service to clients, Work well as a team member or independently. Resourceful, energetic, competent, multi-task and results-oriented. Demonstrated ability to meet the needs of patrons, dependable, hard working, reliable, and punctual. – less
On Campus
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: rough hands
Fun exciting to work on campus and receive tuition reimbursement. Sorting mail and seeing customers receive their packages from family and friends makes my day too. I didnt like that my hands started to get rough but that part of dealing with mail.
Good place to work as a student
Grounds worker (Former Employee), River Forest, ILMay 20, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: not very many hours
General labor, kind co-workers, some heavy lifting, however it was nice to work mostly outdoors.
College/University setting
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 28, 2014
College/University setting with variety of academic programs
Productive learning experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Seward, NEMarch 7, 2014
Working while at college was a good way for me to learn time management and to become familiar with different work environments. Working as a lab assistant I was able to experience working in a lab as well as working and cooperating with coworkers.
Great Place to work
Adjunct instructor (Current Employee), Mequon, WIMarch 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: organization could be a bit better
Great support and positive christian environment.
This is an adjunct postion. Read papers and work with students in practicum.
Great school
Student-Athlete (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2014
I absolutely loved going to school and playing baseball at Concordia University Texas. It has a great environment where everyone knows everyone else's name for the most part and people care about each other as individuals. Great faculty that is always willing to go above and beyond to help the students.
A great place to learn and work
Professor's Assistant (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2014
Concordia University fosters an enriched learning environment. I really enjoy working closely with my professors.
I really enjoyed the interaction I had with the community and students
Graduate Admissions for MBA and Leadership (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Founded on a great mission and objective. I had the most wonderful Assistant Director / Boss I have ever had in my career at CUAA.
Culture, Atmosphere, Great stepping stone starting place to work.
IT Support Specialist Tier 2 - Full-Time (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: you and your immediate family are able to attend a 4year university for free, nice campus and decent facilities/amenities, reduced work schedule in the summers, holidays off like the students
Cons: bad pay
I never worked at a place where I liked all the people that worked there with me. I liked all the professors, student workers, managers, Directors. I worked there for over a year and never had a bad day with any of the staff, faculty or student workers. Decent workload, not difficult work. Great place to get started into the university work force or – more... a full time job with benefits. Want the university experience without the workload and pay, work at Concordia University Texas. – less
Poor work environment
Professor of English (Former Employee), Portland, OregonJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: set in a pleasant city
Cons: stifling intellectual atmosphere
This is a university run by a religious cabal that inhibit academic freedom and nurture oppressive practices that demoralize and discourage. CU makes one yearn for a state university. Many people who work at CU are very fine individuals, however, and interactions with many colleagues are pleasant.
Tutor
Managerial Finance and Accounting Tutor (Former Employee), Irvince, CANovember 12, 2013
This was a great place to tutor my fellow students and I learned a great deal in how to communicate and convey different topics to individuals
Working at Concordia University
Supervisor (Former Employee), River Forest, Illinois.August 7, 2013
Pros: good job atmosphere
Cons: low salary
Typically I directed student workers in daily operations of the Housekeeping.Department. I trained them in aspects of their daily jobs, and critiqued them on performance. I maintained cleanliness in the administration building, Early Childhood Center, and ELS center, as well as other buildings on campus. I also completed my Bachelors degree while working – more... in this department. I enjoyed working here. – less
Good job
Maintenance (Former Employee), River Forest, ILJuly 25, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: not good pay
Morning to Night Job, the day was defiantly long but full of work and i enjoyed it.
Very good university, student driven
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 9, 2013
Great university to teach for, they closed school for lack of students and money.
soul sucking
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Seward, NEMay 25, 2013
This place will take and take from you and not adequately compensate you.
Good security and balance, but low pay/benefits
Assistant (Former Employee), Mequon, WIMay 15, 2013
Good if you are looking to make low end money and not advance. Benefits are secuirty are top notch.

1 2 3 4 5