Concur

Concur Employee Reviews

It is fun and fulfilling
SW Configuration Engineer Lead (Current Employee) –  PragueApril 16, 2012
What to say in few words? The summary could be probably "well organized chaos"

Does it sound strange? It is much better than it sounds. Some companies have well organized processes, but move really really slow and people have problems to do anything. Concur is the other way around. Very little things is predefined. We live out of fresh and creative minds that are able to take problem they find themselves and fix it while just providing report on the way what they found, what is status and when it is done. Is it always as easy as this? Of course not, we have some paperwork as well and to get things moving isn't 100% easy all the time, but it is possible and the more creative and constructive people are the more options they have.

Concur helped me to grow my soft skills, get experience on different technology areas and after I have been able to present that company can trust me I am getting more and more freedom on daily bases and my voice is heard more and more which is fulfilling.

Is Concur the best company in the world? It is not, paycheck is never high enough, but if somebody wants stable company with reasonable income and great people then it is definitely great option to think about.
Pros
mostly good management, growing company
Cons
less organized
Busy working environment and friendly co-workers
Auditing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 9, 2014
My primary task in Concur, Inc was receipt handling. I prepared expense reports, scanned and upload them to the company's system for our clients to view electronically. I also worked with invoices by doing the same as with expense reports. However, preparing invoices require more attention because after uploading them to the system, clients do not have chance to review the prepared invoices. Auditors work on these invoices shortly after they are uploaded to the system where they are accessed electronically. My co-workers are fun and very friendly. I wouldn't say there's anything hard about the job. However, because it involves money I made sure I pay close attention to what I was doing. I worked in the pace I was most comfortable with but still manage to finish the tasks on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was almost always doing something. I like being busy because it makes the day go by faster. The supervisor that I worked with was very nice and welcoming. Likewise, the manager was very understanding and was willing to listen to what employees had to say.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches, free snack food, outdoor patio
Proud to work here
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 16, 2012
Concur is very focused on technology and I have the opportunity to use some of the latest equipment.
In my time with Concur I've had several opportunities for advancement and feel that I am fairly compensated.
The nature of my particular position requires periodic after-hours and on-call work, which is the only reason I didn't rate work/life balance as 5 stars, however management is flexible with comp time to help make up for that.
Although Concur is over 15 years old and has experienced rapid growth in the past few years, it still has that startup atmosphere in many ways. Due to this rapid growth, there have been some "growing pains" such as organizational changes and increased oversight, but this can be expected as any company matures and makes adjustments to run more efficiently and productively. Because I am participating in this growth, I feel like I am really making a contribution to how things are done here.
Pros
fun atmosphere, new technology, diversity
Cons
workload, work/life balance
Concur is a cloud-based company focused on increasing employee productivity by making business travel, expense and invoice mgmt a better experience!
Senior Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAAugust 5, 2014
I do what I love and love what I do.

I've gained so much technical knowledge and strategic thinking (along with SIMPLE thinking!) over the years which would lend itself well and bring value and success to any organization.

I continually gain insight, knowledge, collaborative thinking and mentor ability from the many tribes of colleagues I surround myself with.

The most difficult part of my job is shutting down my computer at then end of each day- I love seeing the "Docusign via Docusign" emails that come in.

The most enjoyable part of my day are my interactions with clients, partners (whom I consider clients) and my internal colleagues which bring me appreciation, joy and job satisfaction in depth of all angles of knowledge that I gain from them. And the "Docusign via Docusign" emails...
Energetic and fun place to work
Service Administrator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Work from home - Redmond, WAMay 7, 2012
My job consists of servicing Customers after they have implemented the product. I help them administer and maintain their Concur Expense system. The nice thing about working from home is that I can adjust my day to fit around my personal life. I start about 5am work for a couple of hours, get the family up and going and then get back to work until my daughter comes home from school. In the evenings after she has gone to bed I can do a little more work if I'm behind or not.
My team is great, even though we are all working from home, we communicate frequently via phone and Lync. We are still a team even though we are so far apart. It is hard working from home though, you miss the chitchat over the water cooler, but at least I know the team is still there to support me in my work needs.
I love being able to determine what my day will be as long as I get my work done. Concur is a great place to work!
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home
Great Company, Great Culture, Great Experience
Senior Knowledge Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 21, 2012
Having worked for Concur for over a year, I still go to work excited to be a part of something great and innovative. I have not ever worked for a company that not only says that the culture is like family, but also lives that mantra everyday. Everyone understands that they are critical to the success of the company and the leadership team regularly reinforces that with the employees. Additionally the leadership team does not sit off in an ivory tower, inaccessible to everyone. They are out in the office everyday, grabbing conversations with you. Finally, I would say that working at Concur has afforded me many diverse experiences that I can add to my tool belt that I might not have gotten with any other company.
Pros
open family-like culture, accessible leadership team, remote working supported, great health & retirement benefits, wide-array of job-related experiences to be had
A great company that values individuality, creative ideas and new technologies
Manager, Hosting Operations (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 14, 2012
I've worked for several companies, large, small, well established and start-ups. Concur is one of just a few where I feel challenged on a daily basis, my ideas are sought out and new methods are welcomed. Constantly striving to improve and come up with a better solution to new and old problems is just part of the job. No one is bounded by a "box" - you determine how much you take on and how you can contribute.

Just within the database group, we manage SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and Mongo. Working closely with development on a daily basis to find and resolve potential problems before they arise. There's never an "finger pointing", problems are identified, corrected and we move forward.
Pros
flexible hours, telecommuting when needed, great communications from the top down
Cons
401k match not as high as some companies, parking can be hard to find if you arrive late
A company about opportunity, growth and personal sucess
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 15, 2012
When someone asks me to describe Concur the first thought that comes to mind is “Opportunity”. Opportunity to learn and grow. Opportunity to contribute and be part of a team. Opportunity to be innovative and make a difference in the world. Concur is one of those unique places where you feel as though you have made a key contribution to the bigger plan. They genuinely care about their employees both in career success and personal well-being. Concur prides itself on upholding the core values that the company was built on. Everyone who works here lives and abides by these values which are a key contributor to the unmistakable positive energy and personal success of each individual. I cannot think of a better place to be right now then here at Concur.
Pros
opportunity, sucess, work-life balance, benifits, high energy
Cons
very fast paced, quick turn deadlines, can be stressful
Fast-paced, innovative and fun!
IT Architect (Current Employee) –  Redmond WAMarch 14, 2012
The reason Concur has so many loyal customers is because our company culture puts an emphasis on employees, customers, integrity and innovation. Working here means being passionate about what you do and never blaming others.

Employee benefits are generous and all levels of management are accessible. Office accommodations are very nice and well maintained. Opportunities for professional growth and promotion are readily available and it's common to find people who have moved from entry-level to much higher positions.

Flexible schedules, free beverages and ride share subsidies are other perks that help make working here even more fun.
Pros
solid management and leadership, financially strong, fast growing.
Cons
parking can be difficult for late arrivers, no vacation accrual (use it or lose it).
Concur has opportunities for everyone regardless of where you are currently in your career.
Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Home Office - PennsylvaniaMarch 14, 2012
I had worked for a Top 500 company for many years, leading multi-year, complex projects. I was looking for something different. I wanted a job where I would look forward to going to work every day. One that offered flexible hours, shorter, less-complex projects and where I could work from home. My dream job!! I became a member of Concur's family one year ago, and I can truly say that I love my job!! They had everything that I wanted, and I was getting paid very well for something that I enjoy doing. The benefits are great and there are so many opportunities for growth and advancement. Concur has a 5-star rating in my book!!
Pros
work from home, flexible hours, opportunities for growth and advancement
Cons
i haven't found any cons.
Concur is an exciting place to be!
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 15, 2012
I have been with Concur for two years, and have never been happier or more excited about what I do and the people I work with. The leadership is committed to accelerating our innovation and leadership in the Cloud Computing/Social Enterprise space, and continuing to deliver significant value to companies large and small. There is tremendous growth potential for our company, and for every employee here (or soon to be here). If you are committed to realizing your full potential, and contributing to the success of the team, then I would highly recommend you join Concur.
Pros
innovative technology company, committed to hiring, developing and rewarding great people, great company culture
Cons
healthcare and 401k benefits could be better
Concur has a highly energetic and dynamic work environment.
Corporate Learning & Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redmond, Washington, United StatesMarch 14, 2012
Concur has a highly energetic and dynamic work environment. The atmosphere is one of constant evolution and a drive to improve. People who work for Concur need to be able to think on their feet and find solutions at all levels. Concur also promotes being successful not just in the workplace, but as a person in general. You need to live a healthy lifestyle, be conscious of your community, and be inquisitive and intuitive on a global level.
Pros
room for career growth, concur has a very promising future, high energy environment, interaction with people from all over the world, able to telecommute.
Cons
parking and office space issues
Dynamic & Innovative market leader with growth creating opportunities
Solution Consultant (Current Employee) –  NortheastJune 21, 2012
Concur is a market leader which continues to innovate creating ongoing opportunities to keep learning and bring new solutions to the client base. The company supports work from home and although has high expectations for delivery of results, also encourages healhty work/life balance. Leaders communicates their vision, setting broad objectives and principles and has a deep management team, most with many years of tenure able to execute effectively.
Pros
market leader, career growth, good benefits, positive work environment
Cons
extensive work from home can make it tough to meet many people
Phenomenal people, positive growth environment, go-forward plan for improving infrastructure
Global Operations Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 17, 2014
The last four years have been both wonderful and challenging, with a lot of growth seen as a result. The hardest part of the job has been working in an environment where project and employee success measures have been fairly gray; however, my team and direct manager have been amazing at working through the fog and finding meaningful success with positive cross-functional impact.
Pros
numerous internal social events, transparency across key business leaders
Cons
infrastructure in a state of development/improvement
The BEST Place to Work
Manager, Client Support (Current Employee) –  Home OfficeMarch 21, 2012
I have worked at a number of different jobs in my professional tenure, some very exciting, including a cruise line and an airline, and I can honestly say that working at Concur is the BEST job I have ever had! Honestly every job presents days that are not ideal, but even on the very worst of days, it is far outshines any position I have ever held. The management, the employees, the culture, the progressive thinking, the feeling that each individual plays a role in the overall success, how wonderful is that?
Pros
progressive thinking, best in class, supportive, huge opportunity for growth
Driven workplace with quality people and innovative technology
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2012
Concur provides you with training and understanding behind the company goals and focus. Here you will find tenured management that cares about the product and innovation for travel and expense management tools. There is an attentiveness to Mobile technology and moving forward with growth in the Mid Market business. I have an outstanding team of individuals that I work with and there is excitement in regards to what the future holds.
Pros
innovative, growth, solid product, mobile, leading technology
Cons
healthcare costs
Vibrant and growth oriented workplace
Director (Current Employee) –  Redmond WAMarch 16, 2012
Concur offers a wealth of opportunity for those who seek to pursue it. With it's growing global presence, Concur provides an individual career trajectory that also facilitates travel to many parts of the globe, EMEA, APA and of course the domestic US.
For the motivated and energetic individual, there is no shortage of work and possibilities.
The culture at Concur is great, people willing to connect all over the globe, along with some fun monthly moral events mixed in and around the offices.
Pros
monthly paid happy hours
Cons
mid-range compensation
Productive and creative atmosphere. Friendly work space.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 1, 2015
My internship at Concur offered me my first glimpse into the working world. I worked the typical 9am to 5pm workday, and found myself surrounded by co-workers who worked hard and enjoyed what they did. I learned so much about how an office is run, and how to integrate myself into that lifestyle. The hardest part of my job was attempting projects that put me outside my comfort zone. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning skills that will hopefully apply to my future career.
A Great Place to Work and Grow!
Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2012
The company is growing quickly and there is alot of room to advance. Flexible hours and the ability to work from home fosters a great work/life balance. Excellent company culture and they work hard to maintain the small company feel. Competitive pay and benefits.
Pros
great pay, great culture, advancement opportunities, friendly people, plenty of pto, awards trips, strategic partnerships in place, multiple resources.
Cons
due to growth some people can't keep up, sometimes lack of resources
Concur is an incredible company to work for!
Senior Functional COnsultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 18, 2012
I am so proud to be part of a company that is growing by leaps and bounds yet never loses sight of it's employees. I can truly say that I have found the company that I will be retiring with. We are allowed to grow and be promoted yet have the support from all levels of management. If we struggle with new functionality, we always have resources available to answer any questions we encounter.
Pros
promotions, employee recognition and true leadership support.
Cons
not one thing!!

4.5