Concur Employee Reviews

Company is an OK place to work.
Regional Sales Director, Client Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 24, 2017
Concur has a good culture - however, they are struggling to continue to operate and keep that culture now that they are part of SAP.
I enjoyed the work however major changes kept happening and it was impossible to keep up.
Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and the clients. However internally it's a free for all to get your job done. I needed to get help from multiple departments to complete my projects. Each department had its own way of requesting help, and on top of that each month they would change how you ask, and never tell you until you asked.

It was frustrating because it slowed me down constantly.
Pros
Good benefits, and lots of time off.
Cons
issues with internal communications.
Great place if you hit your numbers
Regional Sales Executive - National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 1, 2016
You work very hard, you report very often to superiors about pipeline and activity, if you exceed quota income is great. Quarterly driven!!! Don't miss your number. If you exceed quota in Q2, Q3 is, "What have you done for me lately?"

Occasionally, managers take senior leadership's no nonsense style and direct approach a little too far downstream. It can become insensitive with the inexperienced managers trying to prove they belong.

Concur is a software company at heart, and what amazingly awesome software they make. Customers LOVE the software. Concur is without doubt the industry leader, dominating the competition. Service delivery and particularly support and implementation can be difficult for them. Ask Concur customers and you'll get the feedback you're looking for.
Pros
Best manager I ever had, Remote workers have freedom, benefits
Cons
Worst manager I ever had, Service delivery, Managerial turnover, SF.COM tedium
Micro Managed to the Max
I.T. SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 3, 2016
It's very difficult to be positive in a workplace where favoritism is so obvious. Once you become that person you never recover. Management micro manages to make sure their butts are covered.
Pros
Good Pay!
Cons
Where do I start???
Micro Management
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 13, 2016
My manager is someone who Micro Manages our team daily/hourly. There is constant change in job responsibilities strictly based on the managers whims.

My most enjoyably part of the job is working with the clients.
Pros
good amount of Holiday time
Cons
high demanding boss so you can not enjoy the time off
A decline in leadership
Director (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 8, 2016
Concur has suffered from a mass exodus of Sr leadership combined with exponential growth. Currently there is a lot of confusion internally and externally, stemming from rapid growth.
Pros
Strong growth and job security
Cons
Poor Leadership
Positive work environment with a lot of opportunities
Customer Support Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 2, 2016
Concur is a great company that recently became part of SAP. They have maintained their own corporate culture. They do have some really nice benefits like paid maternity leave, generous PTO, work from home, and free sodas at the office.
A downside to working at Concur would be the lack of internal training. If you were interested in taking an external training class in Excel or something, they will cover that. However, trying to get information on their own systems (CTE and ConcurGov) can be really difficult. Frequently it seems that each department doesn't know what the other is doing. They have grown really fast, and perhaps they don't have some of the corporate infrastructure in place that one expects from a company of this size.
Pros
free soda! Autonomy
Cons
lack of training
outsources
Travel & expense management SAAS provider (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 31, 2016
outsources, doesn't care about employees, very bad company some friendly smart employees bought out by SAP. A terrible example of a veteran with an honorable discharge is terminated while foreigners working on a visa promoted.
Good work environment, but managment lacking in professionalism
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 16, 2016
I was apart of the HR department, mainly assisting with the Permanent Residency Recruitment process. The goal was to prove to the Department of Labor that we were not displacing any U.S. workers for positions held by visa dependent employees. First, we posted the job on various websites and newspaper ads, candidates would apply, and I would review each application to determine if their qualifications met the requirements. If so, I would conduct initial phone interviews, and if their qualifications remained strong, I would then schedule a second phone interview with the hiring manager so they could delve deeper into their experience and skills.
The work in itself was slightly challenging only because this was a different type of recruitment, and after I had tracked and updated all the necessary information, our legal team had to review everything until they submitted the files to DOL (Department of Labor). The legal team would thoroughly review the files and if anything was deemed questionable or needed to be revisited I was responsible for going back and making sure everything was 100% perfect. Overall, I did like the people I worked with, I just felt that management was unprofessional, and were disorganized themselves, which made my ability to do my job a little more challenging. I was grateful for the experience, but in the end the role just wasn't a good fit for me, or my future goals.
Pros
Nice people, lots of food options for lunch, good work/life balance
Cons
Small company=more scrutinizing of employees, unprofessional managment, Recently acquired by SAP so system processes were all over the place
Great place to work!
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 9, 2016
Such a fun and innovative culture and the employees are all great. Has the startup feel while still a fast-growing company.

Want to know more about Concur?

Ask a question
Fast paced, Revenue-focused, highly competitive work place
Client Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 18, 2016
you drive the activity to generate revenue in your territory. You must be self-sufficient, a self-learner and driven by competition to succeed.
the job consists of connecting with existing clients to sell additional products. Much of the sales success depends on timing, luck and territory.
Flexible work options
Presales Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  VirtualMarch 11, 2016
Coworkers are friendly. Provides flexible work from home options.
Salary not up to industry average. Career path not clearly defined.
*Love Concur *
Lead Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 10, 2016
I love working with my Clients - at Concur. I also enjoy working remotely - but having close relationships with my co-workers. A place for "adults" to work and achieve their goals.
Pros
Flexibility
Excellent Company, Excellent People
Senior Channel Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 3, 2015
I worked at concur for nearly 8 years from 2001-2008 and during that time I worked with and reported to some of the most quality people I've ever met. This was a once in a lifetime place to work!
Pros
Cons
Work/Life balance was way, way off back in those days
Concur was Amazing
Client success manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 16, 2015
The sale of the company led to concurs entire culture change. Middle management leave something to be desired. Work/life balance is Ok.
Decent work environment.
Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 30, 2015
Pretty decent work. Challenging environment. Bad work hours. Difficult clientele. Opportunity for growth. Bad location
Pros
Decent location . Challenging environment
Cons
Bad work hours
Worst job in my career
Sr. Travel Account manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 15, 2015
There was never a work life balance & Senior management does NOT care about you.
After I left I was talking with a job recruiter who told me this company has a reputation of " burn them & churn them"
The company mentality is all work!!!! 7 days a week.
Yes you will be compensated very good but you are living only to work.
Kiss your family life good buy.

It's all a numbers game.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Concur is a top company for assisting Travelers with their travel plans and reimbursement in a timely manner.
Audit Services Processor (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 1, 2015
I have learned about Auditing and Invoice Capture job responsibilities. I have a great group of co-workers. A fun team building activity was attending a Twins game.
Pros
Monthly free breakfast. Free coffee, tea, soda, juice and popcorn.
productivity, fun place to work, very good co-workers, excelent managers
ARC settlement processing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2015
Open applications

Internet explorer
Microsoft outlook
ARC (each different account number)
Back office data
GDS (sabre, amadeus word span)
Excel

As many of the account have errors. Each error need to be work individually and check in the GDS (Global Distribution Service) for each passenger travel needs
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
not really
I Concur
Client Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 10, 2015
Concur is overall great company to work for. Offering amazing benefits such at 22 days off PTO to start. There is career opportunities to those who speak up and let there ambitions be know
Pros
PTO, Work from home, Corporate Bonus, benefits package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concur. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3