Concurrent Technologies Corporation Employee Reviews

This was my experience with a career "Camelot"
Instructional Systems Designer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 22, 2017
This was the best of work environments. Creativity was encouraged and recognized. Work was done in a nearly autonomous environment. Projects varied but quality always trumped speed. This focus on quality eventually lead to the eradication of the job as they could no longer compete with cheap competitors.
Pros
Great team focused on quality and work-home balance
Cons
Lack of long-term contracts.
okay
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 14, 2017
Wasn't the best fit for me. Was a good job just not the right fit. Enjoyed working in the department and the people that I worked with. They were great.
Pros
Salary
Research and Development
Laboratory Technician III (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 8, 2017
Was an outstanding company to work for. People fantastic and willing to train you. Able to expand your horizons. I was able to grow with the company. Unfortunately they started losing contracts and down sizing.
Pros
Wealth of Knowledge
Cons
Poor Upper Management
Negative culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 31, 2017
A negative, unsupportive work environment led by self-serving senior and executive management who are oblivious or unconcerned about declining incoming contracts, which have caused a significant decline in the workforce. A corporate monarchy at its best!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
All levels of management and Human Resources Department
Bad senior management
Senior Director Programs (Former Employee) –  Crane, INMarch 9, 2017
Company has hemorrhaged employees. CEO is out of touch with the industry. I worry for the long term viability of the firm. Good benefits and pay though.
Interesting place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 2, 2016
Enjoyed the variety of projects at CTC and the people. Company provided flexible work schedule if needed. Recent months have been hard on company and company morale. Hopefully additional contracts will be won to keep personnel employed.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Job security
A Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 15, 2016
I have had (and continue to have) excellent opportunities at Concurrent Technologies Corporation. I am constantly learning new skills and growing in my field. My co-workers are exceptional and the work is always interesting.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Defense cuts
Great flexibility!
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 3, 2016
CTC has been a great place to work. It has provided opportunities for professional growth, the chance to work with some wonderfully gifted and talented people, and a flexible work environment.

The best part of my time working for CTC has been the people I've gotten to work with on both the CTC and client side. I have made connections that will remain long after my employment ends.

The hardest part of working for any Government contractor is the contract process and having to wonder every year if your job is secure. Will your company be successful? If your company is not successful, will they have a place for you on a different contract? I think CTC is relatively proactive in providing contract updates. However, there isn't much insight on plans if the rebid is not successful. Of course, being dependent on those contracts I would appreciate all of the visibility I can get.
Pros
Flexibility, competitive salary, diverse work force
Cons
Government contracting
Great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 26, 2016
CTC is a great place to work. I’ve worked at CTC for the last 10 years. CTC has provided me with a great opportunity to advance my career and expand my technical knowledge. I like the people that I work with and I like the atmosphere. I like living in Johnstown and there is no other place in Johnstown that I would rather work.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule, good benefits, great people to work with.
Cons
Can't complain, I guess the benefits could be a little better
Great Company
Systems Engineer / SME (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FlSeptember 29, 2015
CTC is a great company, with a great atmosphere. CTC likes to challenge their employees, and help them move forward in their careers.
Productive and friendly place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 7, 2015
Although it was sometimes a very fast pace busy job, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I miss trying to get seven people from different states to the same place at the same time. The only thing I don't miss are the meeting minutes.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none that I can think of
Ok, but..........
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 19, 2015
When the man who started the company quits in frustration, you know it's not a good place to be.
Started out of college after serving in the military. Great work environment, small, could bring your dog to work. Benefits were fantastic, but retirement matching slowly went downhill. Traveled a lot to different military sites, but once that contract was up, you were floundering and begging anyone to give you work.
Co-workers some of the most brilliant people I've ever known. Learned so much from them. But management would not utilize them in their areas of expertise. They would go out and hire more people.
Made up resumes of non-existent employees to get contracts they had no idea how to do. Kept contracts going by using "Added Value" method, but nothing was added. Very little product delivered.
Good for new graduates to learn the ropes and gain good experience from some fantastic people, after that, LEAVE!!!
Not one single person I knew when I was there lasted more than 5 years with the company. Very sad situation.
Pros
Excellent benefits, brilliant, nice people, great atmosphere
Cons
Did not utilize staff already on-hand for new contracts, overhead for contracts to upper management WAY too high, always searching for billable hours, consistantly did not deliver correct product to DoD, constantly reorganized
Review of My Current Company
Business and Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 19, 2015
The company provided me a great opportunity to learn and grow for a number of years but that has changed recently. I would like to explore a new opportunity at this time.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Salary and bonuses, job security
Training development for Soldiers
Training Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MissouriMay 1, 2015
A typical day at work was been greeted by everyone in the morning and evening. What I learned with this company is to develop good quality training to prepare Soldiers in war and peacetime situation. Management had great communication with their workers and gave incentives for a job well done. My co-workers treated me like family and if I have any questions, they were more than happy to help. The hardest part of the job was nothing, every task was planned out ahead of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was a stress free environment.
DOD contractor
Industrial Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Home officeJanuary 14, 2015
Onsite one week per month, roughly, work from home the rest of the time. On the negative side, contract work is not consistent.
All in all a nice place to work.
Associate Chemical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 27, 2014
All in all a nice place to work. The hardest part of the job is the job security is not there. This is the nature of the beast when it comes to contracting.

the people are nice to work with though.
Non profit so a bit better
Intelligence Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 7, 2014
Dont think they do much anymore but for a time they were a great place to work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 22, 2014
If you are agile, you will find a project to work at CTC. The projects and clients change each year, which makes work exciting.
Good people, good company
Army Energy Project Manager (present) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 17, 2014
On client site, so not as tuned in with company culture any longer. Learning a great deal about project management at this company.
Pros
The company is a great size - large enough for variety and great training opportunities, small enough that you get to know a lot of the leadership personally
Cons
Lack of job security
Great place to work with an attractive benefits package.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 1, 2014
Fast paced company with a matrix organization enables you to try different areas of the company to grow and expand your skills. Always challenging and changing and meeting new people. Great work environment.
Pros
Benefits package, close to home
Cons
Communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concurrent Technologies Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3