Concurrent Technologies Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Ok, but..........
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 19, 2015
When the man who started the company quits in frustration, you know it's not a good place to be.
Started out of college after serving in the military. Great work environment, small, could bring your dog to work. Benefits were fantastic, but retirement matching slowly went downhill. Traveled a lot to different military sites, but once that contract was up, you were floundering and begging anyone to give you work.
Co-workers some of the most brilliant people I've ever known. Learned so much from them. But management would not utilize them in their areas of expertise. They would go out and hire more people.
Made up resumes of non-existent employees to get contracts they had no idea how to do. Kept contracts going by using "Added Value" method, but nothing was added. Very little product delivered.
Good for new graduates to learn the ropes and gain good experience from some fantastic people, after that, LEAVE!!!
Not one single person I knew when I was there lasted more than 5 years with the company. Very sad situation.
Pros
Excellent benefits, brilliant, nice people, great atmosphere
Cons
Did not utilize staff already on-hand for new contracts, overhead for contracts to upper management WAY too high, always searching for billable hours, consistantly did not deliver correct product to DoD, constantly reorganized
Great Company
Systems Engineer / SME (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FlSeptember 29, 2015
CTC is a great company, with a great atmosphere. CTC likes to challenge their employees, and help them move forward in their careers.
Review of My Current Company
Business and Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 19, 2015
The company provided me a great opportunity to learn and grow for a number of years but that has changed recently. I would like to explore a new opportunity at this time.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Salary and bonuses, job security
Productive and friendly place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 7, 2015
Although it was sometimes a very fast pace busy job, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I miss trying to get seven people from different states to the same place at the same time. The only thing I don't miss are the meeting minutes.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none that I can think of
Training development for Soldiers
Training Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MissouriMay 1, 2015
A typical day at work was been greeted by everyone in the morning and evening. What I learned with this company is to develop good quality training to prepare Soldiers in war and peacetime situation. Management had great communication with their workers and gave incentives for a job well done. My co-workers treated me like family and if I have any questions, they were more than happy to help. The hardest part of the job was nothing, every task was planned out ahead of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was a stress free environment.
Good pay, good flexibility, struggling company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 19, 2012
Enjoyed the work I was doing and the team I worked with. Benefits and ability to manage my program were great. A lot of brilliant employees and hard workers. I learned much and felt rewarded. Had it not been for severe DoD budget cuts I'd still be with the company. However, there was a large disconnect between what the CEO said publically and what the leadership below him acted on. The company routinely oversold its capabilities and took a shotgun approach to contracts. Overhead costs due to operations at corporate HQ were very high and made contract competition very tough. A lot of the leadership culture ingrained with easy government money and not used to hard competition. Very little constructive guidance from corporate leadership other than a constant push to make money. The how was left out in any guidance and any failure was never allowed to reflect upwards. This company is going to have a tough time unless it relooks its director and VP level duties, overhead costs, and core competencies.
Pros
great flexibility, good program team, smart people
Cons
not much useful corporate support or guidance.
Perfect example of the old-boy network
Staff (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 13, 2011
I wouldn't recommend CTC to a dog I didn't like. Over-reliance on one-year contracts leads to high staff turnover and limited advancement. Slow management that is unresponsive to staff needs. Good benefits, though.
Pros
pretty nice people, up to a point
Cons
management can't get out of its own way, a culture where rumors rule, over-reliance on one-year contracts
Good people, good company
Army Energy Project Manager (present) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 17, 2014
On client site, so not as tuned in with company culture any longer. Learning a great deal about project management at this company.
Pros
the company is a great size - large enough for variety and great training opportunities, small enough that you get to know a lot of the leadership personally
Cons
lack of job security
Working there was ok, but management is not focused on customers
Staff Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 10, 2014
The goal of Concurrent Technologies corporation, or so I would gather from having worked there for 10 years, is to get as much money from the government as possible while doing as little work as possible. If you have the benefit of being able to work on internal projects on overhead, you don't have to deal with that directly; however, I don't think that this is a great place for people to start a career anymore. The government never actually puts anything they made into production. Or at least very rarely.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
work was pointless, never put into production by the government
Difficult to get anything done from satellite offices
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 25, 2012
Unless you are working for the specific Johnstown Office, it is very difficult to get promoted, speak to upper level management, and to relay information to the appropriate people. They say they strive for an environment where people can get job advancement, but when you ask for training, it gets cancelled without you being told, and when you ask to take on new tasks, it gets stuck "in the chain" for months on end. Management in the satellite offices is not productive, either.
Pros
raffles for game tickets, freedom to work on your own in satellite offices
Cons
management, advancement opportunities, favoritism

Want to know more about Concurrent Technologies Corporation?

Ask a question
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 28, 2012
A typical day at work normally a 8 - 6pm job with conditions being austire since its in Afghanistan. Constant surveillance of NATO contractors ensuring Statement of Work compliance.
Management is top notch, co-workers are diverse of backgrounds.
Hardest part of the job is being deployed, and long periods from home in a hostile environment.
Best part of the job is being a force muliplier for NATO to ensure contract compliance, creating a change culture to ensure a quality service that is being paid for NATO is what is being delivered.
Pros
great management!
Cons
long periods away from home, hostile environment
Good place to work - possibilities are there...
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 24, 2013
But with the current issues with Government budgets and funding job security is of concern for many at the company.
Pros
great benefits, flex-time, great coworkers
Cons
management, lack of funding
Poor management, employees are NOT valued
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  JohnstownDecember 5, 2012
Upper management holds no respect for their employees. Employees loyal to the company for over 10 years are summarily dismissed with no warning or treated with any modicum of consideration. In 2012 this has become a frequent occurrence. No jobs are secure. The company is under duress. Its future is questionable, especially considering the recent government cutbacks.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
poor management
Great Company not so great managment
RIPPLE Transition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 27, 2012
I was hired as a temp, I worked diligently to impress the management. Local management was great but reach back support to the east coast was less then compitent. Regardless after 6 months of hard work I was only offfered the opportunity to move to another state to work on a temp status. I respectfully declined and submitted my 2 weeks notice.
All in all a nice place to work.
Associate Chemical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 27, 2014
All in all a nice place to work. The hardest part of the job is the job security is not there. This is the nature of the beast when it comes to contracting.

the people are nice to work with though.
Great place to gain experience in the industry and utilize skills already gained
Program Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Crane, IndianaAugust 5, 2012
Project Management, Fiscal Analysis, FTE Analysis, Forecasting and Budgeting
DOD contractor
Industrial Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Home officeJanuary 14, 2015
Onsite one week per month, roughly, work from home the rest of the time. On the negative side, contract work is not consistent.
A great place to learn OSHA VPP
Senior Occupational Safety & Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 19, 2013
I enjoyed learning and supporting my Navy customers. The business model was somewhat uni-dimentional and inflexible, in that it would not accommodate all customers. The cost accounting process was very confusing and I believe led to many inefficiencies in the accounting system.
Pros
good product.
Cons
inflexible
Work with great people
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 19, 2013
A typical day consists of working with different units across the company to support multiple systems from basic troubleshooting of software and systems to leading technical project implementations.

Work with great people that make the day enjoyable and provide a great support structure.
testing samples from different company.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2013
samples come in testing n try get them out quickly with the best result n giving them timely manner n be happy with result .
Pros
meeting the big boss
Cons
my have stay late when samples need result quickly i like that