Condé Nast Employee Reviews

productive
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
good company to work for with competitive benefits. had a good rapport with my co workers. Hardest part- deadlines and demanding clients. Best part- seeing the finished product on the newsstand and in readers hands.
Awesome work environment
Brand Development/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
My typical day was long, pretty much 10-12 hours; however, we had summer Fridays in which we could leave at noon. I loved the people I worked with and the environment.
Pros
The Company Name, Work life, benefits
Cons
Entry compensation and hours
Productive place with high competition
Manager, Social Content (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Everyone wants to do well here and you will be inspired to do the same. Condé Nast is highly competitive but you can grow exponentially in a short amount of time.
Great environment and work culture
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Conde Nast is a wonderful company to be apart of. The work culture is inviting and I learned a lot working in consumer marketing I just need to stability of a full-time/permanent position.
Great for resume
Digital Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Great work environment for doing your best, tough business but really will help you grow in your career. Amazing buying in one world trade downtown, lots of work perks.
A challenging yet rewarding job
Library Assistant-Part Time (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2016
I love working at the Conde Nast Publications Library. My co-workers and the management are fantastic and incredibly helpful. I enjoy going to work there and helping patrons with requests in locating certain articles, photos, or other types of media. The research requests are sometimes frustrating because I cannot always find the answer that I want or am looking for but the challenge of that is great and it utilizes my critical thinking and research skills thus making them stronger. I've learned a lot about how a library works and what it means to conduct research that is usually under a tight deadline.
Pros
My co-workers and the job itself. I love being in a library.
Cons
Not a full-time job.
Great place to begin your career
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2016
Conde Nast offers some of the most recognizable magazine titles in the business - a great resume builder. They have the resources and tools for you to grow in whatever field you choose. They offer development programs and there are many perks such as swanky events and corporate discounts. If you put in your time, they will reward you, but often hard to survive on the minuscule starting salaries.
Pros
Events, culture
Cons
Underpaid
Fun and educational
Caterer Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2016
Great mentors and trainers. Management very fair and understanding. Hard workers and great team effort. Good for promotions.
Great Place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2016
Condenast is a great place to work, with a team spirit atmosphere
Co-workers helpful and friendly, room for advancement and lots to learn
Pros- reimburse you for expense spent for the company, but you must be willing to stay late and meet deadlines when necessary.
Conde Nast
Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2016
At Conde Nast, I was able to learn more about fashion and celebrity lifestyle through my editing work. The editor of the company was particularly sensitive to employees' workload and often provided catered dinners and a masseuse during all-night sessions at the magazines.

Apart from this, the work environment was typical of a fast-paced, intelligent New York firm.
Pros
beauty everywhere
Cons
lower pay
productive and interesting
Writer/Producer/Promo Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2016
With 14 magazine titles I was always working on something new and it allowed me to learn and grow as a person. Also with both video and written content I was able to use all my skills. Everyone there also worked as a team.
Pros
name
Cons
pay
Good Fast Paced Job, Very busy, Good Atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2016
A good Fast paced job that had its good days and bad, most days just fell in between. There are many employees that work in shifts. and at least 13 remote locations local, nationally & internationally.
Not boring
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Global Operations CenterAugust 12, 2016
I like coming into work not knowing what the day will bring. At times this can be challenging because there is no way to tell how 'crazy' things may get. There is no better feeling than knowing that I overcame another challenge.
Pros
Not repetitive
Cons
No room for growth
a productive collaboration
Freelance Software Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2016
A successful freelance interaction that led to a solution for the team. This work improved the team's workflow and led to a more productive collaboration among the members.
Advertising Insert Production Manager (Former Employee) –  One World Trade CenterMarch 30, 2016
Productive place to work at, all departments worked well together to produce product. Management always available and worked with you
Great Company!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
Great, fun, and interesting company! Work life balance is perfect and everyone is friendly. Office / work space is clean and beautiful.
Great Company
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
Code and submit invoices to accounts payable for payment.

Communicate professionally with clients via phone and outlook email system.

Interoffice communication with various department heads.

Used excel spreadsheet specially designed for Conde Nast for shipping and receiving Fed Ex and UPS packages.

Work with the mailing center to send weekly mailing center reports using Cute FTP and People soft.

Coordinate Iron Mountain storage and Certified moving company accounts.
Great work environment
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Easy to work with management as they're very flexible. Nothing is monotonous which is a huge plus. I've gained an extreme amount of experience by working at Conde Nast which I am very fortunate for.
Strong sense of family, definitely a career job employer
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 16, 2015
Most employees in the Delaware location have been there for years. I've had the pleasure to work with people that have worked at Conde for 25+ years. So, there are no short term positions or a high turnover of employees. Our VP knows everyone by name and happily greets you when he sees you. The benefits are outstanding and the HR dept is extremely helpful. As the programs used in my dept were constantly improved upon, new challenges were met and skills were learned on an almost daily basis.
Pros
Free coffee, and accessible vending machines on our floors; great location w/i Wilm city
Cons
The DE offices seemed to not get as much attention as they deserved.
Conde Nast
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  WIlmington, DESeptember 17, 2015
Great company, working with great clients, troubleshooting their computer issues from start to solution. Fast paced environment
Pros
Up do date technology, great management, great culture, Great communication between co workers
Cons
Unbalanced pay, no room for growth, less than 40 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Condé Nast. Our community is ready to answer.