Conde Nast Employee Reviews

Great place to work for desired fashion advocate
Freelance Stylist Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: Get to eat good lunch on photo sets
I learn every day. I enjoy my job every day, it is a great work environment if you are a fashion advocate. Its an international working environment.
Excellent work atmosphere
Senior Editorial Accountant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 26, 2015
Company has not done to well recently; layoffs are pending. However, Great company to work for at the Delaware location. Not much room for advancement, expecting company to move back to NY headquarters
Dream work for any creative professional
Staff Photographer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: Very creative
Cons: Very competitive
9 am I had to be present in the office and look what my editor prepared for me for today. It could be studio or location shoots but could be any other urgent job to cover.
Shooting with a lunch break.
Before going home to check my next day schedule and talk to editors about upcoming job ideas.
If the next morning shoot starts earlier than the office hour, to prepare all equipment needed for tomorrow and ask for extra from storage if needed.
Co-workers have to be your best friends at least for working hours.
The hardest part of my job was to stay creative even if I had to shoot 1-2 cover stories per day.
The most enjoyable part of it is getting likes and smiles and clapping from co-workers and clients.
Great company that takes care of it's employees.
Vendor Controls (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2015
Pros: Summer hours
I have worked in the Vendor Controls department for the last 7 years after being promoted from the Accounts Payables department. This entailed filing invoices until the vendors entered their information through the company’s online vendor portal. Once I approved their information, the information had to be entered into our master vendor file, submit the invoice(s) being held to another department to be processed, and to update vendor log of all actions. I also ran various report for auditing and checking the system for duplicates. I also interacted with vendors and employees from the magazines via phone calls and emails.

I have learned about the world of magazine publishing and moving into digital. Also with setting up vendors (companies and freelancers) staying within IRS guidelines.

I enjoy working with the vendors and magazines alike. Although it could be hard if/when an invoice gets held it due to various reasos.
High turnover rate, contract workers treated like second class citizens
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
Working with Conde Nast means an opportunity to work with some of the most recognizable brands in the entertainment industry in the world. However, if you're working as a contractor (which is the standard practice for any new employee) you'll be treated poorly compared to the full time employees. The number of contractors who can become full time employees is also limited to a maximum number per year, so don't get your hopes up as to starting a long term career with the company.
Great people working there.
Modeling Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 11, 2015
I like working there. It's a really good experience. My co-workers are kind, smart and easy-going. I like the ad hoc tasks, it's challenging and interesting.
Midwest Advertising Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Working at Conde Nast early in my career helped establish the qualities I have today. Conde Nast is a corporation that prides itself in the quality of employees they have working for them.
Strong Company, but no loyalty to there employees
Advertising Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: bad communication with you superiors, horrible job security
In the beginning my time at conde nast was a great time i was welcomed with open arms but that quickly changed within the first year, Conde Nast pays employees well and good benefits, But going into Conde Nast expect to hit the ground running! they don't give you anytime to develop and if you don't catch on in a few months time they will prepare to fire you, there system is very difficult to learn, and they only give you a few months to master it .So if hired by Conde Nast you should treat it as a contract to hire environment, the managers pick a lot of favorites, Communication is very bad with the managers , and if the managers have a problem with your work performance they will go to the directors first behind your back instead of talking to you face to face to fix it before. Horrible organization you really don't know who does what are what your responsible for, so if you do a certain amount of work no one really keeps track of it but if one mistake happens its all on you. While i was here they fired the head of the department just because, The directors only speak to you if your in trouble or make a mistake my old job i had weekly or bi weekly meetings with my directors so certain issues never took place. If your in trouble or struggling with something they will book a lot of different meetings making it seem that they want you to do better but there already planning your exit within a week,if there is a problem or you make a mistake this is a company that will fire you before giving you a opportunity to correct that mistake so please be careful!!
Large corporation, great benefits
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Large company, respectable and prestigious company to work for. Met alot of great people, and had a very supportive and nurturing team that help facilitated my growth within the company.

And great benefits.
Focused team but loved to have fun too!
Senior Content Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2014
Pros: sample sales from the brands, cafeteria
Cons: small team, not all images can be licensed
A typical day was never typical. Everyday was different. hundreds of emails coming in daily to license content from the Conde Nast Brands. I licensed images for Exhibits, Trade Magazines, Trade Book Covers, Ads, Power PowerPoint presentations, and more. I worked with a small team of under 20 people.

Management was very flexible and let us do our jobs and they were there to guide and support us in decisions that had to do with the business. I enjoyed working with my co workers we were a small bunch that were close. We celebrated our birthdays with cupcakes and lunches. The hardest part of my job was not being able to license content that we didn't have the rights to. The best part of my job is that I worked with clients from all over the world and I sold images from vintage to modern. Rarely did I license the same image twice.
Large Publishing Leader
Advertising Sales Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2014
A power house in publishing, Conde Nast is at the forefront of the magazine industry.
Great place to work.
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee), nyc,ny 10017August 9, 2014
Everyday is a great experience. Always learning new skills.Management very helpful when needed
Creative enviorment
Assistant Fashion Editor, Freelance (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: fashion shows
Cons: limited room for growth
Great place to work if you enjoy fashion, but limited room for growth
Nice Brand
Project Leader / IT Business (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2014
Nice Brand,Good Work Location,Good work Place But needs to be more organized and motivating
Did all compliance and help with audits
Assistant Tax Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2014
Did all compliance for sales, property tax returns and help with audits
Excellent place for entry level Techs
I.T. Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2014
Pros: light to moderate work load, and excellent managers
Cons: very difficult clients depending on titles.
a typical work day consist of accepting cases in group work list and following up with client within 1hr of case acceptance. assisting clients based on priority level. maintaining printers both local and networked. i have been able to increase my knowledge and skill set in regards to printer maintenance and troubleshooting as well as increase my knowledge base within the level 1 and level 2 tech parameters. the hardest part of my job is assisting clients in 3 different buildings and as for the most enjoyable, i will say is that it involves technology.
Productive place to work and positive environment
Mailroom Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2014
Relaxed environment and positive people in the magazine in which i have worked
Great for your resume
Bookings Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: great for resume
Cons: salary
I loved my position. Very corporate environment which I don't mind. People tend to pass blame in my experience though.
Good, solid company
Director of Engineering and Operations (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 17, 2013
Worked at Conde Nast for several years. Benefits aren't as great as they once were, but still very solid and competitive. Salary is extremely competitive. Privately held company so no worrying about quarterly earnings reports and many compliance issues.
fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: to much work on occasion
being a receptionist was not a dream job, but i made the best of a situation. the environment is great, working in times square and in nice offices. I had a chance to meet many famous people and do networking with other staff. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the data entry some days. you might have 20 people trying to book a room in an hrs time frame.