Cone Health Employee Reviews

Admissions Association
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 23, 2017
Working every day in a high volume, high stress environment. Very friendly work culture. Patient oriented care. Opportunities for advancement and training are available.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
High Stress
Enjoyed the people that I worked with
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2017
The people that I worked around were very nice. They were willing to help with anything that needed to be done. When having to go inside one of the hospitals for meetings or other reasons, SOME of the employees didn't even speak, they just looked at you. not very friendly.
Great Benefits
Nursing Director (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 15, 2017
Offer Great Benefits - Executives did not "walk the talk" when it came to culture and transparency.
The CEO in 2003 was fabulous but the one that came after him is viewed by the community as a "used car salesman".
Executives are not forthcoming with information.
The physicians are treated as kings and although I realize that they are necessary to the business, their wants and needs should not be put above those of the staff when it comes to administration of the department.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor communication
Terrible place to work.
Alllied Health (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 11, 2017
Management clams to have respect for the staff, but they are rude, discriminatory and hostile. You are not given the support you need to be successful and my department was always short-staffed. Average pay for Allied Health positions is much, much lower than pretty much anywhere in North Carolina. Thinking of working for this so-called "health care system"? My advice is to run far and run fast. You'll do much better working for another health care system, ANY other health care system.
Pros
Cons
Pick anything other than patient care. They are actually pretty good at that.
Beware
Representative, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCJune 30, 2017
Beware of management. They are out for themselves and not willing to be a team player. If you are not accepted to the clicks you are ignored as a person.
productive place to work
Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 29, 2017
Workplace culture is great, very friendly & caring staff. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is being able to help patient's who may already be ill or upset about information the might have just received and just try to put a simple smile on there face.
Job expirence
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 26, 2017
I was able to gain more knowledge about my skill trade. This was also the place where l received my hands on training to be able to perform my daily job duties to the fullest of my ability.
Beware of working at distribution warehouse! OSDC
Materials Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2017
Management here has no clue on how to run a warehouse. Low pay & low morale make for a very high turnover. Management doesn't care. Favoritism is rampant. No security, people can walk in off the street (and have). BAD neighborhood! Don't expect to get a day off unless you give a two month notice. Even then they can change their mind at the last minute. Expect to work most holidays or day before & after. They will never hire enough people to do the job. They expect employees to pick up the slack when someone quits every few weeks. (or days) You generally have to do the job of two or even three people. No training & no awareness of safety. OSHA needs to check this place out. I understand their previous location was very hot & dirty.
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
low pay, low morale, high turnover, clueless management
Not so happy
Epic Hospital Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  NCJune 15, 2017
Management don't stand behind their employees and pay does not compare to other hospitals in the area. No opportunity for growth and anywhere to move within the system.
Busy but good place to work
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 14, 2017
Needs better management and more staffing but very positive atmosphere and you come in ready to work. Employees meal every once in while. Would recommend to new nurses
Job
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2017
Job was challenging, dealing with terrible management staff. Staff to patient ratio always short. Management seems unconcerned about taking care of their employees.
Great company to work for
Correspondence Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 6, 2017
Cone health is a great company to work for, there is job security. In the department I am in it is a great work environment, we have fun and the team is great.
Pros
Great Health insurance, fun environment
love working at cone health
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 1, 2017
working at cone health was a great experience for me I learned lots of thing when it came to cleaning. the staff was all great. I must say I loved my job and I loved what I do
Love working here just exploring other opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
I love working for Cone Health. I have worked here for 24 years in various positions from Unit Secretary to Administrative Assistant. I am now looking to explore opportunities outside of the hospital setting.
Wonderful, supportive, friendly culture, but not super pay
CPE Resident, Moses Cone Hospital Campus (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2017
This was a residency, so I have nowhere to go afterwards. However, the time I have spent here has been a delight. The culture is really focused on patients and employees. There is little gossip or backstabbing. Politics probably plays a part at the upper levels, but as a chaplain I NEVER felt its insidious influence, and after previous experiences, I can tell you: I am attuned to it!
Pros
Environment supportive, not destructive
Cons
Pay not great, nowhere for my field to advance
Bad place to work
Sr Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 10, 2017
Hated the job no work life balance managers abuse. Worst job I've ever had and would. It recommend for anyone to work for the RPO Cielo partner as it is not ADA friendly
productive
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCMay 9, 2017
each work day was invigorating. You learned about teamwork and commraderie. Exemplified family. Management showed their appreciation and support. Great place to work
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
short staff
Excellent place to work
Nurse Tech (Certified Nurse Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 5, 2017
Strict attendance policy, but overall an excellent place to work. Lots of area for change, and advancement in career. My manager was awesome, though it is department based.
execllent
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 3, 2017
I working for cone health has been one of the best if not the best experience I ever had working for an company very family ordinated and they really care about there patients and employee's... I love working for this company
Everything depends on who your manager is
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2017
A wide range of personalities. If you get stuck in a department with horrible management there is little chance to get out without leaving the company. While some leadership is excellant, Cone does allow managers to act inappropriately without consequences. Cussing, throwing things, and lying to employees to create conflict between departments is just an example of the actions that managers are allowed to practice. There is also more throwing people under the bus than I have ever seen at an organization its size.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor Leadership and Management Practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cone Health. Our community is ready to answer.