Cone Health Employee Reviews

Stay away from Premier Pediatrics
Clinical staff (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCOctober 21, 2016
Employees are Treated like trash! You don't get a raise they only pay the minimum. For years. Even with good performance reviews & no write ups or counseling or whatever they call it. Cone has good benefits. This is a doctors office owned by Cone. Management has favorites that get away with anything. Others are picked on and called out for every little thing. Patients wait an hour in the waiting room then the cma's are timed how fast they can work the patient up so they can sit in the room another 30-45 minutes waiting on the doctor to spend 5 minutes with them. And they blame the staff for bad reviews.
Pros
Cone benefits
Cons
Management, doctors, pay, chaos every single day
Unprofessional managment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 3, 2016
Worked here for many year's and it has steadily declined since merging with Cone health.Managment has no idea what's going on and can never be reached because of "meetings" they attend.Other nurses are great to work with,but they need a clean sweep of the top heavy managment.Budget is Cone Healths top concern not taking care of the patient's
Pros
Friendly nurses, good cafeteria food
Cons
Poor managment, poor priorities
Work Qualities
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 8, 2016
I enjoy going to work. Working and caring for others is a passion since I was a little girl. I like working with people and can usually get a long with anybody. Over the past 5 years of working in the nursing field, I've learned to manage time and put my priorities in order. I care about being on time to work and being at work period, so I'm very dependable. I'm honest, trustworthy, and tactful.
If you are good in your profession stay away
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 2, 2016
Do not go here. Those who do a horrible job are promoted, Those who are well qualified are put down. If they speak up about areas for improvement they will be on track for demotion. Lots and lots of hearsay and disciplinary actions for no reason. But the good people just leave and are scared to stand up for this craziness. I wish people would start reporting things to JCAHO (this is anonymous), NC medical board, NC Department of Health, and any other governing agency that might help.
Cons
Management, low standards
Under paid for amount of expirence I have. No competitive pay
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro NCNovember 11, 2016
Not happy with work life balance. I worked to hard and I am underpaid. I am a very hard worker and I will work hard. Seems like it becomes Unappreciated. We need more staff to do the case volume but we do not have the staff.
Pros
I like the coworkers I am with
Cons
Over worked not enough pay for expirence
Work place was always manageable. Professional people to work with. Our problems were always taken care of in a decent way.
Nurse Aide, Patient cares (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2016
I worked with professional co-workers. We treat each other with respect. Our residents are the reason why we work together to make them feel comfortable.
Pros
I like the way we treat each other with respect.
Cons
Sometimes there are not enough time to get task done.
Cone Health
Environmental Service Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 26, 2016
I can honestly say that I enjoyed my 3 years while at Wesley Long Hospital. I was working in the environmental service department and I loved my job. Management was very cool and always asked the employees for feedback about our jobs and what we could do better in certain areas. Everybody worked as a team
Wesley Long ER
Emergency Room Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 3, 2016
Wesley Long Er is in the Cone System. I have worked here for 14 years. My job at Wesley Long was to register patients and check them out when they left the ER. I really enjoyed my job at Wesley Long.
The hardes part of the job was to see very sick people and know I could not help them,
Working at cone health
Nurse Technician I (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2016
Cone Health did not provide a lot of learning opportunities like following employers that I have worked for. Management was very snooty and not very concerned with your day to day. Co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was working when there wasn't enough staff to cover all of the patients. I had to cover a hall of 36 patients by myself on multiple occasions.
Good in some aspects not so great in others.
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2016
After working for this company I have come to realize that the opportunity for growth does not present itself very often. I have worked on the same unit during my entire career. I have grown in my education, however the company has not allowed myself or others an opportunity for growth. The pay is not the best and there are not very many incentives for working here. The patient load can be heavy at times and the census can be low from time to time. I love working with the type of patients that I come in contact with. I love the team of people I work with.
Great place to work and learning environment
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 15, 2016
Great place to work and learning environment. The leadership was competent and excited about teaching and helping all subordinates grow in their desired areas.
Pros
Great work environment. Learning environment
Cons
work hours vary due to the nature of services times.
Just find something else
RN (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 3, 2016
I wish I had read the reviews on this place before accepting a job there. Management plays favorites, encourages rumors and bullying. Speaking up for yourself puts a target on your back. The younger ones will make your life difficult and management will back them up irregardless of the truth. I have seen a lot in my career but never anyplace like this, thankfully. They even have a class called "Managing Difficult New Hires". So inappropriate, why not make the new ones feel welcomed and valued. Just part of the game to tear down you self-confidence, reputation and self-esteem.
Benefits
Cons
Management does not value their employees
MLT Alamance Regional Medical Center Moses Cone
MLT (ASCP) Generalist (Former Employee) –  Alamance Regional Medical CenterJune 19, 2016
High intensity work environment. High turn over. Fast paced. Good co-workers, poor management. They rely heavily on travelers because they cant keep permanent staff on second shift. Over all a good lab with quality lead techs and very nice instruments but just lacks quality management. Very nit picky with reporting work. Can be a very tedious place to work. Micro, Blood Bank, Chem, Heme, UA/Serology/Coag. Galileo Echo, Beckman DxC 660i, Beckman DxH 800, Stago Compact, Viteck Comapct, and Iris.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay, managment
Great Place to work
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2016
Great place to work. Loved going in every day as well as enjoyed the people I was surrounded with. The company is well managed as well as the department I worked in
Pros
the place in general
Cons
The drive to work
Negative place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2016
Cone health is a very racist company to work for. Once you are chosen to be eliminated they will do everything to fire you.
Pros
30 minute lunc
Cons
Unfair racial profiling at all levels of management
Best care in the Carolina's
Director, Department 3100 Neurosurgical (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 22, 2016
Moses Cone grew from a hospital to a healthcare system and they provide the best care in the Carolinas. The medical team works very well with the hospital staff.
Pros
amazing care
Cons
location
Find something else, anything else.
Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2016
Just read many other reviews here. Management plays favorites, and staff are considered disposable. Leadership has said as much in meetings. N ok one is allowed to offer constructive feedback without being targeted by management. In fact, management will fire employees for being negative, even when they are trying to help make things better. They offer cheap gifts from oriental trading company instead of a positive, safe working environment. Staff don't need mirrors and bouncy balls. Staff need reliable leaders, adequate staffing, and responses to issues! Salary is ok for area, not best or worst. Short-sighted, no vision, definitely not a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
Overwhelmingly understaffed, no respect for opinions or ideas, no desire to be better.
Excellent Health System that has a Magnet Status rating
RN, BSN, RN charge (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2016
Great place to work with excellent co workers that work together to provide exceptional patient care. Many educational opportunities to improve personal growth to enhance professional performance
Punitive Environment
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 24, 2016
Cone Health System's notoriously "top heavy" management has reduced direct patient care and those who provide it to the ubiquitous basement of care.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management does not care
Great management
Sterile Processing Tech (relief) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 7, 2016
Processed surgical instruments. Made rounds in the early part of the day. Assisted my teammates with whatever they need. Never a dull moment working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cone Health. Our community is ready to answer.