ConEdison Solutions

ConEdison Solutions Employee Reviews

Positive work atmosphere
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 5, 2015
Positive work atmosphere for one of the largest energy management companies in the country.

Traveled extensively through out the United States as field construction manager on commercial design build energy management projects.
Company is going downhill
Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: stable company; there are some good people who work there
Cons: poor relationships between leadership and workers
Poor communication in decision making because leadership doesn't take time to understand processes. There are politics in every company but the culture is making a turn for the worst. Benefits are costing more and raises are getting smaller. Little work life balance. If you find your niche, you should be ok. If you are liked by the management team, you can move up.
Great place with great benefits
Analyst (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 29, 2013
Pros: lots of paid days off, nice equipment, fabulous coworkers
Great place with great management - great benefits. Was really a wonderful place to work. The only thing bad I could think of is that it took them forever to make a decision. Almost feel bad saying anything negative because it was such a great place with great people and no one wanted to leave.
Lighting and Water Manager, Auditor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 24, 2013
Pros: setting my own schedule
Cons: no cumminication between offices
Talking to contractors about potential project. Put together an RFP to send to contractor and then traveling to jobsite to look over project so that I am familar with all asspects of the potential project if it was going to be a turnkey project. If the project was not going to be a turnkey project then I would do my own audit and just get labor pricing from the contractors. Travel back to the office to review the cost and savings form the contractor and make any changes that need to be made, unless I did the audit, and then send the final proposal over the Engineer to incorporate into the overall project. After the project was signed I would send the contract for signature over to the contractor. Will the project is being installed I would travel out to the jobto make sure that the contractor was installing everyhting correctly and the clinet was happy with how the project is going. The hardest part of the job was making sure I got the lowest payback possible so that we could get more of the mechanical equipment installed.
Co-op Steam Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2013
Pros: at the heart of nyc, well diverse, lots of opportunities.
Cons: still a utility company
Not bad for a coop. Even though is a big company employees are still visible to upper management.
Good company if you find your niche here. Good Luck
supervisor (Former Employee), customer serviceJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: you can work here forever.. no other company provides this service
Cons: careeer pathing, good ol boys club, met a few employees who are still stuck in the civil rights era (slavery was over a long time ago)
Old company with old culture..Met some really good long term employees who were great 30 plus years. Don't suggest anything or bring outside experience to the table - your ideas will not be heard or welcomed. Good ol boys club still exist push and groom those who you want to fill your seat one day...ask any employee whpse been there for years you cant be in the same position for decaded and a turtle can moon walk pass you at a faster rate..I hated the work I did in customer service from the first day of training. They really dont take the time to take your strengths and identify your best fit. Talent acquistion couldnt recognize talent if it was a rainbow across the sky. Typical utility company with billions net worth..Get your money get your pension get your time and get out with your Tier.
Becoming a Bad Place to Work
Project Specialist (Current Employee), New York NYSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: no pros not even a discount on your light bill
Cons: very short sighted management only wanting to pay dividends to investors.
As a Con Ed employee for the last 10 years, I have watched the company go downhill! Every year they strip out more out of your benefits. The company cares less for its employees and only wants to pay dividends to its shareholders. You are not allowed to think at this company! Not a good place to work anymore
Great Company to work for!
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: free meals.
Cons: employees under strike noise outside.
Very busy call center and fun place to work at. Over 600 reps and over 1000 calls in queue at any given time.
Great People
Business Development/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 22, 2012
The best part of the job was the people. It was like a family there. Everyone helped each other and cared about each other.
Industry