ConEdison Solutions Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to learn about energy company and its operations
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Would love to go back to CoEdison and make a difference and help maintain electric distribution of NYC.

Relaxed environment because of well planning
Good work culture, better environment to learing new technologies.
JAVA, JEE Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Good work culture, better environment to learing new technologies. They provide better learing curve before we delivery the product.

Very good management.
Good Opportunity
Gas Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bronx,NYJune 17, 2015
ConEd was a great place to work offering great benefit packages. The people and environment was always safe and professional.
Positive work atmosphere
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 5, 2015
Positive work atmosphere for one of the largest energy management companies in the country.

Traveled extensively through out the United States as field construction manager on commercial design build energy management projects.
Company is going downhill
Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Poor communication in decision making because leadership doesn't take time to understand processes. There are politics in every company but the culture is making a turn for the worst. Benefits are costing more and raises are getting smaller. Little work life balance. If you find your niche, you should be ok. If you are liked by the management team, you can move up.
Pros
Stable company; There are some good people who work there
Cons
Poor relationships between leadership and workers
Great place with great benefits
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 29, 2013
Great place with great management - great benefits. Was really a wonderful place to work. The only thing bad I could think of is that it took them forever to make a decision. Almost feel bad saying anything negative because it was such a great place with great people and no one wanted to leave.
Pros
Lots of paid days off, nice equipment, fabulous coworkers
Lighting and Water Manager, Auditor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 24, 2013
Talking to contractors about potential project. Put together an RFP to send to contractor and then traveling to jobsite to look over project so that I am familar with all asspects of the potential project if it was going to be a turnkey project. If the project was not going to be a turnkey project then I would do my own audit and just get labor pricing from the contractors. Travel back to the office to review the cost and savings form the contractor and make any changes that need to be made, unless I did the audit, and then send the final proposal over the Engineer to incorporate into the overall project. After the project was signed I would send the contract for signature over to the contractor. Will the project is being installed I would travel out to the jobto make sure that the contractor was installing everyhting correctly and the clinet was happy with how the project is going. The hardest part of the job was making sure I got the lowest payback possible so that we could get more of the mechanical equipment installed.
Pros
Setting my own schedule
Cons
No cumminication between offices
Co-op Steam Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2013
Not bad for a coop. Even though is a big company employees are still visible to upper management.
Pros
At the heart of NYC, well diverse, lots of opportunities.
Cons
Still a utility company