conEdison Employee Reviews

I was a underground cable splicer .
Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2017
Rather than going hour by hour through every day,I focus on a few main tasks, and describe how to go through those tasks in a typical week. I focus on duties that are relevant to the position for which I'm are applying.I learn a lot form the senior man day taught me a lot.Management is great they will help you if you need it.The hardest part of the is job is setting it up. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting together and talk about it after it's all done.I enjoy working there for 40 year.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
No brakes
good place to work at
General Utility Worker, I&A Services (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2017
co workers are great fun intelligent people. sometimes fast paced, and it does get busy in middle of summer and winter time. always overtime available at least 10 months out of the year.
Summer Intern
Computer Aide Intern (Summer Intern) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Compiled data analysis and data reconciliation for monthly report on gas pipes.
Collaborated in a project to revise GUI for customer/client in purchasing/storing/using gas.
Collaborated in a project to simply algorithm to track purchases of gas for customer/clients.

There is workplace diversity. Knowledge sharing is greatly encouraged. Work hours are reasonably flexible.
Good company if you find your niche here. Good Luck
supervisor (Former Employee) –  customer serviceJanuary 4, 2013
Old company with old culture..Met some really good long term employees who were great 30 plus years. Don't suggest anything or bring outside experience to the table - your ideas will not be heard or welcomed. Good ol boys club still exist push and groom those who you want to fill your seat one day...ask any employee whpse been there for years you cant be in the same position for decaded and a turtle can moon walk pass you at a faster rate..I hated the work I did in customer service from the first day of training. They really dont take the time to take your strengths and identify your best fit. Talent acquistion couldnt recognize talent if it was a rainbow across the sky. Typical utility company with billions net worth..Get your money get your pension get your time and get out with your Tier.
Pros
you can work here forever.. no other company provides this service
Cons
careeer pathing, good ol boys club, met a few employees who are still stuck in the civil rights era (slavery was over a long time ago)
Becoming a Bad Place to Work
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York NYSeptember 19, 2012
As a Con Ed employee for the last 10 years, I have watched the company go downhill! Every year they strip out more out of your benefits. The company cares less for its employees and only wants to pay dividends to its shareholders. You are not allowed to think at this company! Not a good place to work anymore
Pros
no pros not even a discount on your light bill
Cons
very short sighted management only wanting to pay dividends to investors.
Great Company to work for!
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Very busy call center and fun place to work at. Over 600 reps and over 1000 calls in queue at any given time.
Pros
free meals.
Cons
employees under strike noise outside.
Great People
Business Development/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 22, 2012
The best part of the job was the people. It was like a family there. Everyone helped each other and cared about each other.