Conemaugh Health System Employee Reviews

There is No Place Like Home
Emergency Clerical Technician (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 29, 2017
This was where I returned to after an 8 year hiatus. It took me 3 times re-interviewing to return but it was well worth the wait. Management changed and it was for the better. Open to new ideas and new policies and the work on the bottom DOES matter and you have a say in how things get changed.

This is one of the best places to work in the Johnstown area and if you can get in and stay in, they will educate you and you will have a lifelong career in the system.

Recent community developments have made work in the ER more complex and dangerous due to the drug influx and criminal activity.
Pros
Payroll deduction for lunches, Continuity of care- most people come and stay
Cons
The free parking sucks!
100% best job I ever had
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 27, 2017
The bosses was so easy to work with. Training was very easy and the prepared you for your job tasks. Was very busy and fast paced work. I really enjoyed my job.
Great co-works, awesome direct management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 29, 2016
I honestly loved my job working for Conemaugh Health System. My direct boss was absolutely amazing and one of a kind!! My co-workers were great as well. We all worked well together to stick to our department guidelines.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
don't like the new upgrades
Educational plce of employment
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  JohnstosOctober 11, 2016
This facility is very educational, very cultural educating. The facility is large and does do a lot for their employees.

I would still be working there if my child hadnt become disabled. They werent willing to work with my needs or i would be there.
Productive and always busy
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 29, 2016
Management does not micro manage. I am in charge of billing for my own office. I multi task my working my accounts, as well as answering incoming calls from patients and collecting payments from patients. My co workers and I get along well. Everyone is willing to help each other when they can.
Not great
Team Leader-Home Health (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 28, 2016
It's just not the best place to work, especially since the buyout! Unfortunately there is very poor management and there are major issues with under-staffing and budget issues.
Pros
Pay, benefits
fast paced
Special Duty Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hastings, PAAugust 17, 2016
fast paced environment requiring learning on the go. co-workers can be petty and backstabbing. management has favorites.
Terrible Place to Work.
None (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 13, 2016
The Management in Environmental Services is Terrible. If you are not one of their friends they treat you like you dont matter at all. You can give 110 percent and they will make you do more. To many bosses 6 of them that dont have a clue of what the everyday person that is doing the jobs do. All they want to do is write you up and fire people. They talk down to their employees, and nothing is done about it even when you report the management to HR. This place is a Joke and so are all the Management. Wages are terrible for every thing you have to do in the job descriptions. Morale is low, people are so rude, NOBODY USES THEIR CARING VALUES FROM MANAGEMENT TO EMPLOYEES. I would never recommend this place to anymone. EXCELLENT EVERY PATIENT EVERY TIME... YEAH RIGHT! { management should work go work on the floor once in awhile to see what they make all their employees do when they keep making their employees do more.
Cons
Management.
Terrible
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 11, 2016
I got fired bc the nurses didn't like me. I didn't get to say my side of the story it was all the nurses that put in an input and got me fired with all there complaints. All of it was just half the story. I was always getting flexed or had too much work load. I had about 15 patients to get washed up, ready, changed, toileted, on top of getting people ready for test, surgeries, x rays, assisting the nurses bc they didn't wanna change anyone! And got in trouble if I didn't have everything done by lunch! Only worked there for about 2 months but it was a terrible experience.
Negative atmosphere and management does not hold true to thei caring values.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 24, 2016
Management at this hospital is awful. The motto is excellence every patient every time does not hold true for this facility. They cut down on staff constantly and expect the nurses to give top quality care while being short staffed. As long as there is a warm body available they don't care what your level of experience is. They don't care about their employees but the employees are the first to get in trouble if they can't keep up with the shiort staffing but management is to blame for that problem. Overall negative employees but you can't blame them for what they have to put up with. You couldn't pay me enough to put up with that nonsense again.
Pros
Good experience for resume
Cons
Short staffed, management does not care, not flexible, safety issues, unprofessional doctors benefits aren't that great
Worst 3 years of my entire career!
PCA (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 9, 2016
If being assaulted by patients with little if anything being done about it or being responsible for caring for 28 patients by yourself is something that interests you then this is the place for you. Granted working in a facility with locked psychiatric units warrants violent behavior at times and training is provided you aren't really allowed to get physical with people of they are attacking you. 95% of the time we were understaffed and overworked. Mandation was the name of the game and it was pretty much expected that when you reported for your shift that you would be staying for the next. They had to allow 12 hours between shifts by law but would do their best to sweet talk you or coax you into returning early after only 8 hours so that you would work another 16. There were patients that were most definitely not appropriate for the place and required 2 or 3 staff members providing 1 on 1 attention 24 hours a day. Complaints to management went unanswered. Favouritism ran rampid regarding requests for days off. We were limited to 4 per schedule but som staff got twice that many or more depending on which of our peers prepared the schedule and if they were friends or not. We were promised every other weekend off and if one per month happened it was a miracle. Days off were a joke! I would still be in the parking garage on my "day off" having just left work and my phone was already ringing with someone asking me to come in to work. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy! Nobody deserves to be treated as poorly as they treat their employees there or worked as hard for  more... as little. The benefits aren't really even worth it if you sit down and examine them.  less
Benefits
Cons
Poor managment, serious safety issues, mandation
Not worth the stress
technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJanuary 16, 2016
I've worked at the hospital for five years. The management is horrible the hospital does not care about their patients security is limited on what they can do for you there are not armed. Anyone can walk in at that hospital and shoot you the shifts are horrible they make you work three different shifts in a week sometimes you get one weekend off a month if you're lucky you're only allowed three call offs per calendar year regardless of the situation there's a lot of backstabbing and tattle telling.you have to park two blocks away walk to your car at night because security is so tied up they can't take you to your car it's dangerous they do not care about their employees you're only a number
Former nursing assistant 7/2014
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  JohnstownMarch 25, 2015
That was one of the worse nursing jobs I've ever experienced! I've been working in the health care for 20 years, the nurse Manager was a JOKE!!! Back breaking job, not that I minded that, but management was a joke! Benefits are good, but for the daily harassment by the so called manager it was not worth it! I would never recommend this job to my worse enemy!
Benefits
Cons
Low wages, poor management
Run
enviormental services associate (Former Employee) –  johnstown, pa (main campus)June 27, 2014
Managment DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, managment is unorganized and lazy its a pass the buck kind of mantality, projects are thrown together at the last minute and you are expected to cover other jobs that you are never properly trained for but they give you a task sheet that tells you nothing,constint micro managment and managment has a mantality if someone said you did it you did it and have to prove you didnt,managment and supervisors follow organization policies as they see fit and you are constintly get a new supervisor about every six -eight months so you never know how policies will be handle but are never run by how the policiy is writen,favortizim is shown to certin employees who are friends of managment and supervisors,enviorment that you have to work in on some jobs a inside outside work and no protective weather gear is offered by organization ,trash collection is run horribly and is very dangerous because you are exposed to infecious waste at all time will in autoclave room that isnt venalated and personal protective equipment isnt enforced to be worn while in this room and is located behind kitchen and all trash is taken right by dry storage and kitchen were patient meals are prepared including infectious waste and stored in bins in hall outside kitchen,you are expected to cover multiple floors when short staffed on weekend or when call offs are made, this company has only 3 thing good about it healthcare benifits, co-workers are great,and job security if you brown nose enough other than that if you arent a tech,nurse,aid,or doctor run not worth the low wages or stress
Pros
health benifits, co-workers, job security
Cons
everythbing else really especially administration, supervisors, and managment
Great hometown hospital with big city services and experiences.
Volunteer Coordinator, Conemaugh Regional Hospice (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 19, 2014
The employees are great to work with, and I learned a lot in my first professional role while serving in the hospice department. Hospice truly is a blessing in disguise for those faced with life-limiting illness.
negative atmosphere and the training was low quality
social work (Former Employee) –  main campusFebruary 22, 2014
Will not return to this company..uncaring management....training provided to do the job was lacking
Pros
hours
Cons
Not enough staff
Only if you are desperate
Security (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PaJanuary 30, 2014
This is by far the worse company I worked for stay away if you can. Management is terrible and they have no compassion for their employee. Like I said if you are desperate for a low paying job then this is the place for you.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
To many to list
Friendly Work Environment
Staff Auditor (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 4, 2013
Co-workers are friendly. Hospital takes great pride in its vision and values. Dedicated to the development of employee education and clinical excellence.
intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 18, 2013
I was only an intern here and can not provide much insight. Seemed like a nice place to work but had some politics going on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conemaugh Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8