Conestoga-Rovers & Associates Employee Reviews

Just awful
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything.
I was hired as a project coordinator within the construction group. My job function was to act as an assistant to the Senior project managers while I learned the CRA PM role. I was never given the chance to learn this position. My resources for success were as follows: 1 senior PM who was in the office only on Mondays and Fridays. 1 senior PM who had only been there a little longer than I had and who came from a residential construction background. Needless to say his knowledge in industrial construction was minimal and I was, more often than not, given wrong information when I went to him with questions. 1 principle PM (my boss) who was hardly ever accessible. When he wasn't out traveling for work he was in the office either in meetings, or in his office with the door closed on phone calls. 1 admin who was more difficult than the previous 3 stated combined. Asking her questions was like pulling teeth. She would either give me attitude for asking questions, or go off on a 10 min long tangent about something completely unrelated to what I had asked. The "teamwork" within the group was nonexistent. Everything was a free-for-all. Bid packages would come in, the work would be divided, but there was no collaboration on anything. All the PM's would go back to their offices and not include me on anything. All I was ever asked to do was to track down quotes and put together PO's. That is literally all I was ever asked to do. Preparing the budget sheets for a job was done 1, maybe 2 days before the entire bid was due leaving me no time to get involved on a level to understand and ask – more... questions. Shortly after I was hired they hired an estimator to help prepare the budgets for each job. He was fired a week before I was for not being a team player and not letting anyone get involved in the work he was doing. I was never directly involved in the preparation of a single budget for a job, and not being able to do these was one of the reasons I was fired. I was never asked to help prepare a bid letter, in fact, they were always done behind closed doors, or by a PM in another office. I performed the duties for the job I was hired to do without question. I never completed anything late. I was actually sat down by my boss multiple times and he personally apologized for not being involved in my development, but instead of fixing the problem, I was terminated after 8 months. The reasons: not performing as a project manager. Not asking questions (kind of hard to ask questions about things when you aren't being taught said things). I was actually told by the PM with minimal experience that if I wanted to be a PM then I needed to teach myself and use Google.

My position was entry level, which assumes there is training provided, but I was fired for not being able to perform job functions outside of those I was hired for with absolutely no training/support/guidance. – less
Professional Productive Work Envrionment
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2014
Diverse and Professional Work Environment
Work is diverse in age, experience, and opportunities
Field and office work available
Productive and fun workplace
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2014
• Assessed and remediated environmental projects including chemical releases, groundwater/soil sampling, monitoring gas station wells, energy plants, and product storage facilities for a professional environmental consulting firm and clients across the United States.
• Provided emergency response for a 2500 gallon BNSF Railway diesel release in Alliance yard, Haslet, Texas, and provided environmental assessment/remediation reports; installed 1,500’ of French Drains between tract to lower release levels under TCEQ parameters.
• Set-up activated carbon/clay filter remediation system for Conoco-Phillips plant, Wichita Falls, Texas, and contained release and remediate soil/run-off of gasoline at a station in Balch Springs, Texas.
• Wrote overview of remediation activities, use, and interpretation of analytical data for state; conducted groundwater and soil sampling.
• Managed subcontractors and sampling teams to include safety meetings and performing JSA’s
Project Management
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2014
challenging (in a positive way). Must have excellent PM skills and attention to detail.
Positive learning experience
Environmental Scientist and Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: professional work experience
Cons: corporate politics
Having plenty of jobs and working most of my young adulthood I had my first experience with a career. After two years of working under a Professional Geologist, I resigned to change career paths looking to pursue my EIT working under a Professional Engineer.
Great Group of People to Work With
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Emeryville, CANovember 29, 2013
Pros: structured schedule, employee outings, excellent benefits, great location
I absolutely enjoyed working here. There is an eclectic mix of people, some scientists, some engineers, some administrative workers, and the accounting department. Everyone had a positive attitude and it was a really great place to work.
Great environment for the lone wolf
Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CANovember 23, 2013
CRA is a good consultancy that pride their health and safety culture. The teams in California don't work well with each other. There is no collaboration of skills/assets.
Great entry level position for scientists, horrible for accounting/clerical
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Emeryville,CAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: too many to list
A typical day would be sitting in my supervisors office adding numbers on a calculator that he spewed out or drawing lines under names for people who needed DOA training. Meanwhile in my real job manifests, data entry, reporting, engagement code maintenance, customer service and Chevron reporting would all be backing up at a fast rate.

I did learn alot about waste management coordination and what happens on both sides as well Chevrons place in all of it.

Management in my area was horrible in every facet from trying to present efficient billing structures and code maintenance and being ignored to constant changes in handling these items with no rhyme or reason for change.

Co-Workers, outside of my group, were great people. My work group not at all.

Hardest part of job was my direct supervisor constantly ruining what works by constantly throwing out changes that never had enough of a chance to work before changing everything again. Most enjoyable part of my job? Nothing.
Preaches safety, but only on paper
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), IrvineMay 6, 2012
Pros: great work experience
Cons: unhealthy and unethical work environment
Very unprofessional work environment with high turn over on employees
Great company with a great respect for worker safety
Engineer I (Current Employee), Edison, NJApril 23, 2012
Great company to work for because they provide my corporate learning tools for you to utilize on your own. But that is the main drawback, sometimes you would rather have a mentor than a computer. Overall good benefits and great job security. They retain good people that are very easy to work for.
Great place to acquire experience, corporate red tape, out of touch management, need to redefine and establish boundaries and work responsibilities.
Civil Structural Project Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2012
Pros: flexibility, and team work
Cons: lack of resources, inexperience in decision making
Every Monday, I attended to a progress meeting report (Management) to make adjustments to the ongoing projects, updates and solve any arising issues due to upcoming or closing projects, safety issues, change orders, review schedules, field visits, client/ contractors/ construction issues and man power.

The rest of the week I directly design in 3D to provide latest design for the production team in order to meet dead lines and interact with other disciplines to easy job completion.

I am 20+ years experience in USA plus 5 years in S-America, all together from topographic surveys, infra-structure, foundations, and upper structures (Pipe Racks, Platforms, Towers, Flare, Condensers, Etc.) pipelines (Civil, structural aspect; under-Ground, Above Ground, Under water, etc.) Pump-stations, Meters, Reservoirs and doing mining to a lesser degree.

THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!