Conexis Employee Reviews

no activities here
Client Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2016
My typical day is reviewing files, viewing & answering emails, cases, discussing issues with my client, preparing reports & conference calls.

Our company is a COBRA Administrator. I have been with the company for a while and have learned a lot about COBRA, HIPAA, etc.

My Co-Workers are great.

The hardest part of any job is keeping your client happy.

I enjoy the culture of people that I deal with each day and helping to resolve issues that arises. I am speaking of my clients as well as in house individuals.
Pros
There are some free events within our facility rewarding for our hard work
Cons
There are breaks, however; I hardly take advantage. The healthcare that we have is not so good.
Its a high volume call center.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2015
Good benefits and hours. Shifts varied starting at 7am until 7pm. Great benefits. It's an extremely busy call center but the management is good and the training is excellent.
Pros
Supportive management and lots of freebies.
Cons
High volume call center
Cobra Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 20, 2016
The had flexiable schedules, a very friend work place. I learned COBRA and HIPAA laws. There was a ability to grow within the company. Great company to work for. Competitive sales so you could make more than you normal salary and weekly trainings to improve skills
Pros
Free lunch monday and Tuesdays
Cons
Did not really have any, great place to work
Good Company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasAugust 5, 2015
Very customer service oriented. Leading the way in COBRA, FSA and direct bill. I helped create the Common Remitter program. The salary and advancement opportunities is fair.
Pros
Great people
Life at Conexis
Cobra customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 16, 2012
Conexis has a steady flow for the environment. A typical day a Conexis is sitting at the desk and taking calls all day. During the down time, I will work open cases that are opend for the customer when an issues arises on their account. If call volume is down, the environment is very light and fun. I get a chance to converse with my fellow coworkers. Management may have some fun games to play through out the day to try to elevate the morale. I come to learn and love that you can have fun while doing your job. Most frustrating about the job is dealing with a very angry customer and I've developed more patience and compassion while taking the calls.
Pros
employee appreciation day, free giveaways, free lunches from time to time
Cons
breaks are short, lack of communication when a change arises, compensation, favoritism
productive and fun place
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of answering clients emails as well as returning phone calls regarding COBRA benefits. Every day is a learning experience but its easy due to the people i work with. We are always helping each other to get through the day its always a team effort.
It was an interesting experience
Participant Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 18, 2012
A typical day at work is when all the systems shut down every other day
I learned about COBRA insurance and its benefits
Management was very unprofessional
Co-Workers were an interesting group of people
Coming every day with a smile knowing that there were underhand work being done
Pros
they fed us on overtiem days
Cons
n/a
Strong Team of workers
COBRA Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Lots of computer data entry that was learned aswell as customer service, HIPPA laws, and billing. Great place, with great workers. Very helpful people willing to teach you a lot of important information.
Pros
The team I was on.
Cons
Short break, long hours.
Vendor, Client Relationship Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  IrvingOctober 24, 2015
Implementation, Client Services at Director Level. Worked with Sr. Level Management to review contracts for SLA's and Ensuring new clients are rolled smoothly.
Mismanaged projects; no leadership: lost one of our largest clients
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2015
Across all departments there was miscommunication, lack of leadership, and many projects that were critically off on timelines and over budget. The hardest part of the job is when clients change their business requirements and requirements are not communicated to all teams. Most departments were constantly spinning their wheels, "putting out fires", instead of taking the time to develop and implement new functions. When the company was acquired, many people's roles changed and were not assigned a manager, had no job description or job title. There were also Managers with no employees under them....then the layoff came (not a surprise).
The job was a great experience, I enjoyed my time here and learned a lot. The company is trying hard to recoup the money it lost on its last client, and things are looking like they may turn around.
I would not be opposed to working for this company again.
Pros
Teams work together to solve problems, positive atmosphere
Cons
Mismanagement, miscommunication, not enough people to get the job done the first time
Good company
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 4, 2012
Good company
Employee benefits management company
Cubicles
Pros
employee parties
Poor Work Life Balance
Senior Project Manager, PMO Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Irvine, TXAugust 7, 2015
If you have time for lunch, you aren't working hard enough - company culture. Unless you are in the Call Center, there is very little advancement opportunities
Team work is a must
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TexasJuly 23, 2015
Prioritizing task is crucial to ensure the clients ans brokers are getting what they need from me as their assigned service representative.

Reaching out to other departments is necessary so building and maintaining a good relationship with others in the company is cruscial.

Finding the time to accomplish all tas at hand can be difficult, however woring with a knowledgeable team you can count on definitely alleviates matters
Pros
Supportive Manager and team mates
Cons
It is difficult to move ahead
Productive and fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Enjoyed everyday of employment. Company really believes in their employees and made everyone from entry level to higher management feel important and need, Open door policy no matter what their title was from CEO and lower. Co-workers always work together to ensure you had everything you needed to perform your job to the best of your abilities and beyond. Greath growth opportunity. Hardest part of job was leaving everyday once your shift was over due to the fact that there was always something great going on and you never wanted to miss it. Most enjoyable part of job was all co-workers and management.
Challenging
Participant Services / FSA and Cobra Services (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasMay 14, 2012
Go into work, clock in, for the most part you deal with very unhappy unsatisfied COBRA and Flexible Spending participants. You do get the few that know what they signed up for and are somewhat happy but, they are few and far between. I was always excited for break and lunch. I learned that I would never want to be on COBRA and pay that amount of money for my coverage that may not work. I would say that was the hardest part of my job, the stories of people being ill and my hands being tied, it broke my heart. I went home many nights and cried.The best part, when I could make a difference and make the coverage work like it should and get the participants the medical assistance they deserved and were paying for. My co-workers were the greatest. Management has a lot to learn about managing, they have a good teacher, they just need to be willing to learn.She knows who she is, her students need to know who they are.
Pros
great friends
Cons
short lunch, breaks, no pay increases
Decent at first
Analyst (Current Employee) –  IrvingSeptember 16, 2015
Conexis was acquired by WageWorks in August 2014. The company went through a lot of changes that made it stressful to work here.
Fun workplace, I love my co-workers
Participant Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 15, 2014
Conexis is a wonderful place to work. Helping Participants is a typical work day at Conexis. I've learned several things at Conexis about myself and the industry. There is good management and not so good management. I love my co-workers they are a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of my job would be doing all I can to help a Participant but it's not enough, not being able to help everyone is hard for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
fun work enviroment, helping people, bonuses etc...
Cons
no retirement, short breaks etc..
going downhill
Call center (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 22, 2014
going downhill after questionable moves by management

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
advancement
Cons
management
Totally enjoyable job
Finance Trust Account Sr. Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasMay 6, 2015
Hardest aspect of the job was internal customers that had no idea what the individual departments did. Best aspect was the relaxed environment. The only aspect of the job that wasn't enjoyable was the fact that if a policy was put into place they would not give it enough time to work before they put another policy in place.
Pros
Annual Funday
Cons
Working with other departments
Good Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Good Job - learned a lot from peers and supervisors - hardest part is the uncertainty about job security due to being newly acquired by Wage Works - pay is average - many long term employees - good location for easy commute as it is close to the airport

Conexis Reviews by Location