Coney Island Hospital Employee Reviews

10 Years of a lot off experiance
Patient Care Technician /Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2017
Great environment, productive and fun.
10 Years whit a lot off experience
Someday can be very busy at the same time someday can be very slow.
Team work.
Coney
Interim Director of Nursing Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2017
Dedicated fantastic staff. The Senior Management of this organization is a disgrace. They reward friends with high paying jobs and fire hard worker, competent staff. The people of the city of NY should check out how much money is wasted at Coney.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Very busy ER and good team
Patient Care Associate - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 1, 2017
I like to work in Coney Island Hospital emergency. it feels like it your home, and your coworkers - like your family. sometimes it really heavy but we doing our best regardless if circumstances, and moving on, to help other people in need.
Pros
Good team, free medical coverage
Cons
We definitely need more staff, and better parking. sometimes it's completely impossible to find a parking inside
Productive workplace
Consulting Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2017
Very busy and fast pace job. However, Coney Island Hospital was in distress when I worked there as a consultant. A few workers came late to work, didn't finish their task at hand in time, and fowl language was used often. Still, all in all, it was a job, and work had to get done, so i did the best i could with my the 3 month contract I was working under.
Pros
Respectful end users
Cons
Not enought technician
Interesting place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2017
It has been very challenging working at CIH. For almost 10 years I have been exposed to many situations and learning experiences. I have worked in the ED for 9 1/2 years. I have seen and still see all types of trauma and sicknesses.
Pros
The team effort exhibited by the staff.
Cons
The sometimes dangerous situations with regard to the EDP's
Super fun place to work, but no pay due to volunteering.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2017
A typical day volunteering would be showing up to the assigned volunteer office and getting your assignment for the day. Mine was usually central supply. We would distribute nonsensitive, low security items, such as plastic tubing, gloves, and bed pans to different departments of the hospital.
Pros
Free lunch voucher
Cons
No pay, but it's volunteer work.
annual picknics for the clients and recognitions for outstanding workers needs to be more aggressively improved
Addiction Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2017
Detailed professional interactions with other staff members and essential one on one and group settings with clients on a daily basis. The staff were invariably fun to work with and also maintained a positive and professional relationships amongst ourselves. We often helped one another complete projects and keep the overall standards of (HHC) Health and Hospital Corporation at a high level in order to pass the sporadic state and national standards imposed by the Joint Commission and other licensurers.
Pros
annual free luncheons and recognition of outstanding workers etc
Cons
breaks were encouraged and also recognition of off time for religiousand other holidays
legal Slavery
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  radiologyJune 19, 2017
This place gives you no balance in you life. Your constantly getting mandated to do extra shifts for shortage of staff issues. Overworked and the pay is a joke. I call this play legal slavery because, your overworked and just getting a miserable pay for you time
Pros
get your experience and leave
Cons
no room for advancement, and your pay is a joke. workload is unbearable
Very Productive Hospital
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2017
Assigned floors one or two to maintain, A lot work to do, friendly environment, Always supervisors check on our work assignment when its done, Enjoyable part of the work is meeting and greeting patients and the family making sure they're happy.
Pros
Always a lot of work
Cons
Not enough supplies
productive place to work
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2017
a typical day at work at Coney island hospital starts out very busy it takes a lot to get the job done I've learned so much from working at Coney island
Jobs are what you make them, depending on the overall support
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2017
I have had a better than average experience working here. I believe I got to work with some good people who always kept me feeling supported and encouraged to keep moving forward. This is not true for everyone, so I believe you have to make things happen for yourself. It is not always pleasant, but I work very hard at a work/life balance.
Nice peoples to work wit and fun place to be
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  2601 ocean park wayMay 17, 2017
Nice place to work enjoy be hear great people easy going place job easy going and best experience to have I enjoy doing the job really learn a lot from it rest great work place and nice folks
Pros
Nice food
Cons
Great security
Hospital Setting
Coordinating Manager (Current Employee) –  RadiologyMay 14, 2017
It may be challenging at times, but overall I love helping the patients. Patinet care is very inmportant. I try to be as helpful to all of my patients.
Great Doctors Office
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 13, 2017
A great place to work, if you are willing you can learn a lot from the doctors that are there. They are always willing to answer questions. must know how to file patients charts and answer phones.
The staff was great and professional
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2017
The staff was great and professional . Every easy to work and get along . Best part of the job was helping support the staff with their daily work flows and how to use the system (EpicCare) in a most efficient way
Productive & Busy
Cashier (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
Coney Island Hospital was a very fast pace environment, multi tasking, with the ability to work well with others and excellent communication skills. Very welcoming environment.
Coney Island Hospital Nursing Administration
Social Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2017
Coney Island Hospital is a place where you can never get bored. you learn different things everyday at work. I must say this organization has helped me to be more Experienced in navigating being on different teams as well as multitasking.
Pros
learning experience, scheduling
Cons
position to move up
fun place to woek
Coordinating Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2017
Fun place to work people were very positive
management was not knowledgeable
workplace was relaxed
benefits were good
no support
no room for growth
not enough staff
Pros
coworkers positive
Cons
no lunch
Confusing non diverse environment
Supervising Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2017
Coney Island Hospital was a very exciting yet confusing place to work. The hospital followed the guidelines of our sister facilities at NYCHHC but that also seemed to be a limiting factor. We benefited from being a corporation but didn't have the ability to achieve more due to the restrictions placed on our location. Overall, I didn't feel as though the ability to advance was available. More often than not, people were brought in that weren't experienced but they had close ties with their hiring director.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of opportunity to advance
Productive, heavy volume workplace
Patient Relations Advocate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2017
Greeted all patients new/old on designated units; Dealt with numerous questions, concerns, and complaints that arise on a day to day basis; Became the comforting connection between patients/caregivers and the necessary hospital staff; Resolved various issues that occurred at any moment; assisted co-workers with any help needed; Flexibility to move around and complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Workplace and co-workers became a secong home and family.
Cons
Hospital did not have a good reputation