Coney Island Hospital

Coney Island Hospital United States Employee Reviews

A city job with good benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 30, 2015
Yes, working at Coney Island Hospital is a job with good benefits but with no room to grow as a profession.
A typical day at work is listen to phone messages for any staff who may have called out for the day. Review the Director and Assistant Directors calendar for meetings. Review any emails or mail for the office. Gather the staff timesheets for signing, order any office supplies that is needed. Type up any memos or agendas for directors. Schedulle any trainings or courses for the staff.
What I learned working in this position is how to manage my time and multi-task various duties.
Working with my other office staff members is in a comfortable atmosphere.
Maybe the most hardest part of this job is that you have to really have to priortize in order to meet different deadlines.
clinical nursing rotation
NURSING CLINICAL ROTATION (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 5, 2015
Coney Island Hospital clinical nursing rotation
Great place to work with excellent staff with emphasis on patient care.
Podiatric Wound Care Fellowship (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work with an excellent staff with an emphasis on patient care that truly strives to provide excellent service to Brooklyn.
Great Experience as Volunteer
COMFORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
I have been a comfort specialist volunteer at Coney Island Hospital for over four months. It has been an education and rewarding experience to work along side the health care providers at Coney Island Hospital.
handleing busy clinics
Pediatric/OB-GYN Clerical Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn NYJanuary 31, 2015
checking in pt.
conferming appts.
working together with my coworkers to get our daly tasks completed
managment is understanding
educational
intern (Former Employee), brooklyn nyDecember 12, 2014
assisted case worker set transportation assessment filed paperwork
interviewed patients
It was very good experience for me. I had met very interesting people there.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (VOLUNTEER) (Former Employee), 2601 Ocean Pkway Brooklyn ny 11235November 22, 2014
I was working as voluneer for almost one year. A typical day at work was delivering medication for all floors in the hospital. What I learned - how to prepare medications in Hospital settings, management in thePharmacy was very polite and my co-workers, too. Hardest part of the job was caming near by RadioPharmaceutical Room. The most enjoyable part of the job was running on the stairs back and force from first to nine floor and visiting Coney Island Hospital c
afeteria.

It was overall very good experience for me.
Geat
Charge/ Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Behavioral healthOctober 22, 2014
Descent hospital and wokplace, good managment
things go well
i enjoy being in chage and helping ym empooyees
enjoyale place to work
Psychiatric Social Health Technician (Current Employee), Behavioral HealthOctober 17, 2014
the hospital is a great place to be. the employees are really nice. I love working in the psych unit.
A great job for a new graduate nurse. Many varied experiences.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great place for experience and an exceptional orientation program for the new graduate nurse
Cons: alot of favoritism in regard to people of certain cultures.
A great orientation program for a new graduate with in house continuing education opportunities. Orientation was a minimum of 6 months depending on where in the hospital the new graduate RN worked. Most supervisors were helpful and exhibited patience.
Great people!
Administrative Intern for the Executive Offices (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 6, 2014
Coney Island Hospital has amazing employees. I enjoyed working there.
Volunteer
Volunteer Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2014
Typical days involved some patient contact, clerical work, and transportation of various supplies throughout the hospital. Since it was a volunteer job, there was no compensation, benefits, or room for advancement, but overall it was a nice look into the inner-life of a hospital.
team players
Social Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2014
Pay, Benefits, general work environment. This company does a great job at consistently pushing you to do better.
Looks out for best interest of employee. Increased employee empowerment.
A success
Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Having the opportunity to be join the clerk experience was a successful experience because i learned how to paste myself with time and how to be more people oriented. The hardest part about the job is having to communicate with people who didn't speak English, It was also enjoyable because i learned to work my way around it and still manage to communicate and assist them.
Learnig experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Slow. What to expect when people are dying. Sitting and listening to to patients who know they were dying. Being able to put a smile on the patients faces even when they won't feeling well.
Amazing clerical associate position
Clerical Associate III (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2014
Clerical associate staff is very friendly and the job has an amazing security feeling and wonderful benefits.
Exciting place to work
Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2014
I work with confident nurses here at Coney Island, who are always willing to share their knowledge, and co-workers who are always friendly and able to co-operate.
The in-patient unit is a freindly atmosphere that provides a balaced work flow for staff and patients.
Activity Therapist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: sensitive, caring, friendly, respectful, holiday parties
Cons: lack of communication and appreciation conveyed by administration to staff members.
My current workplace enviorment is friendly and incudes all walks of life. Thus as an organization our main goal is to ensure all clients are treated with honesty, respect, integrity and ensure their well- being is being met adequatley. In addittion as an activity therapist a vast amount of knowledge is learned via communication with all diverse cultures and in-services.Nonetheless, it is imperative that management includes staff' members in thoughts, issues, and concerns in order to create and implement a strucutural and well-balanced organization. However the hardest part of the job is the unpredictableness of the patients which can be frightning at times. However the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I was able to help a client succeed in meeting their goals and expectations and reintergration into the community.
Specimen Transporter (temp) (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 9, 2014
Im working thru an agency but overall staff is great and job is easy.
Decent places to be hospitalized
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2014
Pros: cleanliness
Cons: unfriendly staff member
Someone I know worked here for a long time. She got her business management degree while working there and they never moved her up in position...

A staff member insulted me when I went to reactivate my health insurance

1 2 3 4