POSITION: Divisional Controller, TV/Flim Production Company based in NYC
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Vice President - Finance, the Divisional Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Production Company Finance team. With the assistance of the Manager of General Accounting, Production Accounting Supervisor and Payroll Supervisor as direct reports, the Divisional Controller will provide the leadership necessary to coordinate these critical functions in a professional, responsible manner while focusing on compliance with applicable accounting standards and best practices, maintaining a suitable internal control framework, providing an exemplary level of support to internal customers, and fostering an environment and developing a team that strives for continuous improvement.
In addition, the Divisional Controller will also provide critical assistance to the Vice President - Finance with other essential tasks and functions, including establishment of corporate policies & procedures, budgeting & forecasting, treasury & cash management, and tax / governmental compliance.
Finally, the Divisional Controller will be the primary liaison between Production Company and Parent Company on matters relating to recurring corporate reporting requirements, and will be directly responsible for ensuring that all such requirements are met in a timely, professional and well supported manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (Master's Degree in Accounting preferred)
- CPA preferred; other applicable professional certification (e.g. CMA) in lieu of CPA may be considered
- Minimum of 7-10 years professional experience, in supervisory roles with increasing responsibility for management of staff and key processes
- Project costing experience required; Media & Entertainment industry required.
- Familiarity with:
Global Vista (a strong plus) or similar project costing / accounting systems (required)
CODA (a plus) or similar mid-range accounting systems (required).
SAP BPC (a strong plus) or similar planning and consolidation solutions (required).
- Strong leadership qualities - leads by example and strives for excellence
- Solid technical competence coupled with high integrity
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.