Met Council is one of New York's top human service agencies, providing 100,000 New Yorkers with critical services in their fight against poverty each year. For 39 years, Met Council has been a defender and advocate for New Yorkers in need, and has raised awareness around the growing problem of Jewish poverty. With services ranging from domestic violence counseling to kosher food pantries and career training, Met Council helps individuals find lasting solutions to complex problems.
We are a Jewish organization that serves everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, or religion.
Met Council is in need of a Registered Nurse. Our ideal candidate will possess the passion to teach home health aides in a new state-of-the-art, Department of Health-approved curriculum developed by the Paraprofessional Health Care Institute of New York.
The RN will work with PHI curriculum, lesson plans and classroom activities and be supported by two experienced home health aides working as classroom teaching aides. The position is full time with hours 8:30 – 4:30 Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:30 – 2 PM during winter hours.
- Minimum of 2 years of licensed Registered Nurse experience, and at least one of those years as a Home Care Registered Nurse.
- Must hold a current NYS RN license
- Must have a minimum of 1 year in hands-on Home Health Care
- Effective and clear written and oral communication
- Must have teaching experience and an interest and / or understanding of how to teach low-literacy learners.
Met Council offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits and holidays.